Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Darthemed posted:

Some text and images from the OHotMU series.

The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe, Update '89 #5 (1989)

He almost looks cool till you see the rollerskates.

https://youtu.be/lFLpwRMS00g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

MikeJF posted:

Just two. One of Star Trek: Discovery's earlier executive producers (they're on like executive producer number 6 at the moment, in season 3) was infantile as hell and loved the idea that Klingons having all these redundant organs meaning they'd have two dicks and apparently kept bringing it up in the writing room and laughing about it and 'joking' about it on and on until eventually they established it onscreen.

That's even dumber when you realize one of the major plot points was that there were Klingon's surgically altered to look like humans. Suddenly that becomes harder if they have multiple appendices to get rid of.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that plot point doesn't make even the slightest bit of sense to begin with, so don't worry about it. he had a full physical done as soon as he got to the discovery!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Detective Eye #1 (1940)

Men Against Crime #4 (1951)

The Defenders #8 (1973)

The Impossible Man Summer Vacation Spectacular! (1990)

The Amazing Spider-Man Family #1 (2008)

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
That last one reminds me even more of that Final Fantasy X laughing scene than the actual scene does.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I'm assuming the smoke in the background is weed.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

He almost looks cool till you see the rollerskates.

Well apart from the tube for huffing his own farts.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I'm going to miss Tom Taylor's Suicide Squad (spoilers for today's issue #11 follow):

There's also an assault on a thinly-veiled Donald Trump with a golf club which was satisfying.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Newspaper Spider-man.
Just....newspaper Spider-man.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

The sequel to Trading Places looks loving lit.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tom Taylor needs to be given a Green Arrow and Harley Quinn team up book

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Uthor posted:

Doctor Strange The End

"Illyana Rasputin, town crier. I'd like to ask you a few questions. One, where's the fife. And two, gimme the fife."

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I'm going to miss Tom Taylor's Suicide Squad (spoilers for today's issue #11 follow):

There's also an assault on a thinly-veiled Donald Trump with a golf club which was satisfying.

Green Arrow shoots people in the leg with broadheads he doesn't get to pretend that a 9mm is any worse.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Is Black Mask's black mask just a mask again, I thought it was his face.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

I'm going to need someone to tell me who the big lady is. Please.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Skwirl posted:

dc didn't want to change his name.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Nilbop posted:

"Osita"

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Excellent.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Skwirl posted:

From the previous issue...

Nilbop posted:

She's been named, but here's the sequence I mentioned where she beats on Donald Trump with a golf club.

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Nov 24, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

From the previous issue...

Wait, is that Black Mask with a holo inducer or whatever in the first panel?

So Black Mask was doing black face anyways.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Skwirl posted:

Wait, is that Black Mask with a holo inducer or whatever in the first panel?

So Black Mask was doing black face anyways.

He was given some kind of appearance-altering powers by Lex Luthor in that villains rising thing.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

How Wonderful! posted:

There was a recent reddit AMA with Chris Claremont that someone linked and it was interesting to read his perspective on Magik-- that she was all-the-way, no-coming-back evil but the appeal in writing her was that she was trying not to be and failing. Kind of a counterpoint I think to his Magneto. I think Gillen's Magik was modeled off of that, except I don't think his Magik cared about changing anymore. There's a scene towards the end of his run between her and Piotr that's devastating.

I'm glad you mentioned that AMA, because I'd have missed it otherwise. That was a good read.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

How Wonderful! posted:

There's a scene towards the end of his run between her and Piotr that's devastating.

Can someone post this scene? I don't recall it and would love to see it. Or at least know what issue it was on.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Saoshyant posted:

Can someone post this scene? I don't recall it and would love to see it. Or at least know what issue it was on.

Uncanny X-Men (2012) #20 - The Fallout

It is not for the funny panels thread.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

How Wonderful! posted:

There was a recent reddit AMA with Chris Claremont that someone linked and it was interesting to read his perspective on Magik-- that she was all-the-way, no-coming-back evil but the appeal in writing her was that she was trying not to be and failing. Kind of a counterpoint I think to his Magneto. I think Gillen's Magik was modeled off of that, except I don't think his Magik cared about changing anymore. There's a scene towards the end of his run between her and Piotr that's devastating.

Anyway I like the jokey new version of Magik but I kind of miss some of the pathos.

Well Gillen was writing a completely separate character than the Magik Claremont was. Gillen's Magik was just a demon wearing Illyana's face merged with the fraction of her soul Belasco still had in his realm. After the incident with the Old Gods mentioned earlier she finally got her entire soul back but after that she was sidelined as a character for a few years until the Phoenix Five story.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Well Gillen was writing a completely separate character than the Magik Claremont was. Gillen's Magik was just a demon wearing Illyana's face merged with the fraction of her soul Belasco still had in his realm. After the incident with the Old Gods mentioned earlier she finally got her entire soul back but after that she was sidelined as a character for a few years until the Phoenix Five story.

Gillen wrote her when she had her whole soul back.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Mystery Men Comics #10 (1940)

The Thing! #2 (1952)

Ghost Manor #31 (1976)

The Sensational She-Hulk #17 (1990)

Alpha: Big Time #0.1 (2013)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
What do the alpha level particles do

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

site posted:

What do the alpha level particles do

Steal your girl.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Toshimo posted:

Steal your girl.

If I were Reed Richards I wouldn't boast about inventing things that do nothing :smugmrgw:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Namor is made from Alpha Particles.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Toshimo posted:

Steal your girl.

Parker is the virgin, not the Chad tho

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Darthemed posted:

Alpha: Big Time #0.1 (2013)

Worst X-Man Ever #3

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
So... An Alpha Level Threat is the furthest possible thing from a world-ending threat, while still being an entry on the scale? Alpha Andy is gonna start throwing rocks at phone lines until all communications are shut down? Send mean letters to heroes to hurt their feelings into quitting?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so, who else completely forgot that alpha existed until just now?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Who? Oh right, that loving rear end in a top hat.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

I did and now I'm mad again because I hated alpha

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I seriously did. Whatever happened to him?

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

ImpAtom posted:

I seriously did. Whatever happened to him?

he cameoed in the Gillen/McKelvie Young Avengers run among a group of other teen characters but I don't think he's made any appearances since

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

His mini-series was ok. Like all Slott characters, he becomes a lot more interesting when Slott isn't writing him. "What if superboy was a complete idiot" is a fun idea. There's an amazing scene in his comic where he gets something like cosmic awareness and the influx of all people's thoughts almost drives him insane, then he sense that the girl he has a crush on likes him and he gets distracted from his mental breakdown because of that.