Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

fsif posted:

So what on earth happened here again? I found another clip on YouTube with the announcers and Jim Schwartz threw a challenge flag but—because touchdowns are automatically reviewed—that is a penalty and not challengeable. So Schwartz was given a 15 yard penalty and that nullified even the automatic scoring review? Is that… still a rule? Is all of this even correct?

You have it correct, and the rule was changed the following offseason because of this game. Detroit still lost in OT though lmao

I was reminiscing in the NFCN thread about how I have a very clear memory of watching this game at my uncle's house that Thanksgiving (2012). He was diagnosed with stomach cancer the following January and was dead by June. Thanks NFL.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Nov 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Professional athletes might be entitled jerks.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

MoaM posted:

Are they mad because they don't get time with their families; trying to understand their reactions....

They're mad bc both the Titans and now Ravens have had schedules moved around to compensate for their plague outbreaks, and the Steelers had their bye moved, and now they're hosed out their mini-bye. 13 straight weeks of playing. That's why

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

D-LINK posted:

They're mad bc both the Titans and now Ravens have had schedules moved around to compensate for their plague outbreaks, and the Steelers had their bye moved, and now they're hosed out their mini-bye. 13 straight weeks of playing. That's why

Yea, the Juju tweet helped understand a little more too. I'm not gonna bother passing judgement until the playoffs hit, tbh.

e: helped *me

MoaM fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Nov 25, 2020

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

D-LINK posted:

I am confused at what Juju wants the nfl to do though

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Meanwhile, the practice squad of the 49ers had to play on Thursday as a sacrifice to the Packers.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

King Hong Kong posted:

Meanwhile, the practice squad of the 49ers had to play on Thursday as a sacrifice to the Packers.

Pats HAD to play with brian hoyer (barf) while Gilmore was "negative"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

On the other hand, gently caress the Steelers

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I see this as a move to protect the Steelers more than anything, but go ahead and whine I guess

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

a neat cape posted:

Have some sort of a plan before the season started, presumably.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Honestly the Steelers are probably mad because they had a lot of advantages with the Ravens being depleted and on the road during a short week. Are any Ravens complaining?

Anyway this NFL decision competitively "favors" the Ravens and the Titans game postponement "favored" the Titans. Yes these decisions are all but forced by circumstances out of the NFL's control. Sports teams still love us vs the world narratives.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

sharknado slashfic posted:

Have some sort of a plan before the season started, presumably.

Lmao

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Typical anti-Steelers bias from the league office.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/nbcsandiego/status/1331598551739232256?s=19

Please pay for our trash

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Moxie posted:

Honestly the Steelers are probably mad because they had a lot of advantages with the Ravens being depleted and on the road during a short week. Are any Ravens complaining?

Anyway this NFL decision competitively "favors" the Ravens and the Titans game postponement "favored" the Titans. Yes these decisions are all but forced by circumstances out of the NFL's control. Sports teams still love us vs the world narratives.

looking forward to the 16-0 steelers screaming about how no one expected them to be in the super bowl

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Moxie posted:

It hurts the Ravens because there are likely more positive tests that will pop up over the course of the week. And anyone that tests positive will be ruled out for Sunday.

https://twitter.com/DanGrazianoESPN/status/1331661949004898307?s=20

At best, close contact cases might be able to play. But they would've been able to play for Thursday. The only 'close contact' case that came up earlier in the week was Brandon Williams, who was already ruled out for Thursday and likely through next week as well.

And this is outside of the fact that letting the Ravens play when some more positive cases will come up would only serve to infect a bunch of Steelers and make them play some following games shorthanded.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

D-LINK posted:

if they want a break so bad why don't some of them just get covid

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

chamois posted:

if they want a break so bad why don't some of them just get covid

15 - 0 babby!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Cant we just force the Jets and Dolphins to play tomorrow night?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1331694840363552769

big oof for indy

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Lol if your team still has any impact players not already out for the year

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

my god the curse is on former niners too

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

a neat cape posted:

The NFL forced both the 9ers and Raiders who were in similar situations to play :shrug:

AndrewP posted:

I see this as a move to protect the Steelers more than anything, but go ahead and whine I guess

Acting like Ravens players wouldn't be complaining lol

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/status/1331704633669062657?s=19

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/1331704457189593099

still wanna play tomorrow JuJu?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Quick Reads focused on games where the top two QBs of the week played in the same game, since Carr and Mahomes pulled it off last week. There's some obvious names and games here, and then...

quote:

Brandon Weeden vs. Andy Dalton, Week 2, 2012
This is not a typo. For one glorious Sunday, the two greatest passers in the National By-God Football League were Cleveland's Brandon Weeden and Cincinnati's Andy Dalton. This was even stranger than it sounds because the week prior, in his professional debut, Weeden (26-37-322-2-0-2) had finished last in Quick Reads. His Browns never led in this game, however -- Adam Jones' punt return touchdown put the Bengals up 7-0 and Dalton (24-31-318-3-1-6) never gave Cleveland much of a chance to come back. In the end, the Bengals won 34-27.

Matt Schaub vs. Chad Henne, Week 11, 2012
This is not a typo either. Man, 2012 was a weird year. Even weirder, Henne (16-33-354-4-0-1) didn't even start this game -- Blaine Gabbert did, but he left after getting sacked and fumbling the ball away on Jacksonville's first drive. In hindsight, that probably meant an upgrade at quarterback for the Jaguars. This game was tied at 7-7, then 14-14, then 17-17 before Henne's 81-yard touchdown to Justin Blackmon put Jacksonville up 34-20 in the fourth quarter. Houston sent the game to overtime, however, as Schaub (43-55-527-5-2-2) threw a pair of touchdowns to Garrett Graham. The teams traded field goals in the extra frame before Schaub's 48-yard touchdown to Andre Johnson gave the Texans a 43-37 win. Perhaps the weirdest fact of all of this is that Henne, Gabbert, and Schaub are all still in the league eight years later.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

They all have to go on the 5 day list, so they're out for tomorrow and sunday right?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Son of a bitch stole Maddux's line

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
For the Jets guys, you lost Charles McDonald who I have a pretty good opinion of from afar. Like I don't know him well enough to really know, but what I've seen has been good. But either way you gained some receipts on Manish Mehta:

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1331702461124407296

Just stealing work mainly, the last one he dropped was being forced to ask nakedly aggressive gotcha questions (with instructions to interrupt an answer if need be so he could get another one in) so Manish could write another hit piece.

e: shoulda checked, of course you guys are on it in the AFC East thread. Well for everyone who didn't know, yeah, check who's writing those Jets hitpieces. There's a lot of material there, but maybe wait for someone else notable to back him if it's an article by this guy.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Nov 25, 2020

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

chamois posted:

Lol if your team still has any impact players not already out for the year

The Saints don't.

Don't loving @ me.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Smdh, yes he wants to grind your season in the dust, and almost assuredly knock you of the playoffs, duh

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Mike glennon beat out russell wilson at SC

He built a 21pt lead against the 2013 seahawks.

What I'm trying to say is that is all I remember about mike glennon

Oh yeah he is 1/8 giraffe

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Mike Glennon is descended from the Anunnaki.

The Greek gentleman on History Channel with the goofy hair can probably prove it.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I hope we miss the playoffs. But I'd rather upset the Steelers before that so I won't root for the other teams yet.

Ravens stand a chance even if we lose to Pittsburgh just because the end of our schedule is not much. Cleveland is going to be the big match cause if we win that we get the h2h tiebreaker. But Dallas, NYG, Jacksonville and Cincinnati should be wins. Although we did lose to New England so any of those could be a loss.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Ah yes, it's just so unfortunate the Ravens got roni without breaking protocols

https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/...r%2Fsteelers%2F

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

D-LINK posted:

Ah yes, it's just so unfortunate the Ravens got roni without breaking protocols

https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/...r%2Fsteelers%2F

Sounds like a poorly run franchise

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004