Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

American McGay posted:

I had a couple of the Goosebumps CYOA books.

i had a few of those when i was really young, until my dad read one of the bad endings aloud in such a sinister voice that i started crying uncontrollably and my mom made him throw them all out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

American McGay posted:

I had a couple of the Goosebumps CYOA books.

I had one of these too, it was set in a haunted amusement park. I had one of the Mario ones as well but I don’t remember which one

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah I remember it had a roller coaster on the cover.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The goosebumps ones were great because half the endings were just insanely stupid puns. In one of them someone says that if you go left or whatever you'll be "getting ahead of yourself" and if if you pick it you turn into a severed head. I think there's also one where your house overlooks a graveyard and if you look at it at night the headstones rearrange themselves into UR DED and you die

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I read all of the Lone Wolf fantasy CYOA books as a kid, they had like statsheets and inventory pages to use to keep track of your hit points and poo poo.

For RNG there was a page in the back with a randomized grid of numbers ranging from 0 to 9, you were supposed to close your eyes and stab it with your pencil.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The goosebumps ones were great because half the endings were just insanely stupid puns. In one of them someone says that if you go left or whatever you'll be "getting ahead of yourself" and if if you pick it you turn into a severed head. I think there's also one where your house overlooks a graveyard and if you look at it at night the headstones rearrange themselves into UR DED and you die
those ruled

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

JOHN CENA posted:

those ruled

I thought I'd imagined it but I checked and there was also one where your guy constantly thinks about how he can't sweat and in most of the routes it's because it turns out you were a dog in disguise all along. RL Stine had the greatest job in the world

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I thought I'd imagined it but I checked and there was also one where your guy constantly thinks about how he can't sweat and in most of the routes it's because it turns out you were a dog in disguise all along. RL Stine had the greatest job in the world

I was more of a Bruce Coville kid and now I'm afraid to look either of them up in case they're writing weird erotica, cozy detective stories, or ranting about trans people, the three fates for all children's authors

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

I was more of a Bruce Coville kid and now I'm afraid to look either of them up in case they're writing weird erotica, cozy detective stories, or ranting about trans people, the three fates for all children's authors

rl stine is still pumping out multiple kids books a year actually so hes ftw

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

back when i was still helping authors get published, every writers conference had a "how to write sex" panel loaded with literary agents and they'd all be like "okay, honestly, here are some YA authors who for some reason wrote books about loving that nobody has heard of, but we sure did get them published. let's read some passages."

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

back when i was still helping authors get published, every writers conference had a "how to write sex" panel loaded with literary agents and they'd all be like "okay, honestly, here are some YA authors who for some reason wrote books about loving that nobody has heard of, but we sure did get them published. let's read some passages."

awesome

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

Search for Snout was a hosed up book. Only cliffhanger ending that still haunts me

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/USJ_Official/status/1333274615523655680?s=19

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I hope they do one in Orlando too.

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

epic...

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

I hope they do one in Orlando too.

according to wikipedia, "plans exist"

this is loving awesome

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The US one is gonna be bigger and have a DK Jungle area I think. Or that was just random YouTube rumors idk.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
I’m going to go to the one in Japan some day.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

That one is across the road, in Disney World.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

me too

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I wanna go back to Japan before the 'Rona finishes so I can enjoy nintendo park without 4 million *ahem* "mainland tourists" hocking loogies and making GBS threads in the bushes come and make it unbearable.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I wanna go back to Japan before the 'Rona finishes so I can enjoy nintendo park without 4 million *ahem* "mainland tourists" hocking loogies and making GBS threads in the bushes come and make it unbearable.

You know you don't need to bring your family along.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

You know you don't need to bring your family along.

I'm from an Island. Continents and people from them ftl, I'm afraid.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I’ve had my picture taken like a zoo animal by busloads of them several times lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

a Loving Dog posted:

I’ve had my picture taken like a zoo animal by busloads of them several times lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I look and dress like this so not even a single chinese tourist among a busload from the most bumfuck factory city travelling overseas for the first time would waste a single kb on even accidentally taking a picture of me. Cheers, mates.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

a Loving Dog posted:

:yeah:

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1334537935580958723

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

lol