Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Scrooge votes based on obscure grudges with the ancestors of candidates that no one else who isn't 150 years old remembers.

you know for a fact that trumps grandpa had a problem with ducks at the country club

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1331228121039777792

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

A modern It's a wonderful life in which Mr Potter is the hero who gives predatory microloans to the residents of Pottersville so they can limp through life month to month and continue working their gig economy jobs.

The angel who talks the residents out of committing suicide is played by Oxycontin and Alcohol

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

how is the financio-hollywood pervert complex going to make a bank a bad guy in 2020?

not ideologically feasible

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011

nothing says all star like Pete Davidson

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Pete Davidson did 9/11 in order to live out his sick oedipal fixation and has completely gotten away with it due to the perverts in the MSM.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I do not understand the appeal of pete davidson

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Mr Hootington posted:

I do not understand the appeal of pete davidson

He's a billionaire so he just buys all this press for himself so he can keep spreading around his deficit hawk and balanced budget nonsense.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
was that the guy who had to apologize to dan crenshaw on SNL or whatever

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

DoubleDonut posted:

lol yes

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 215 days!

Egg Moron posted:

A modern It's a wonderful life in which Mr Potter is the hero who gives predatory microloans to the residents of Pottersville so they can limp through life month to month and continue working their gig economy jobs.

The angel who talks the residents out of committing suicide is played by Oxycontin and Alcohol

marx thought religion was the opiate of the masses lol opiates hadn't even got started lol

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

DoubleDonut posted:

hes also this guy

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Bro Dad posted:

hes also this guy

how many drugs do you have to be on to do that

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Doctor Jeep posted:

how many drugs do you have to be on to do that

just the one and its called liberalism

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

StashAugustine posted:

I read Octavia Butler's short story Bloodchild earlier and it's, uh, I don't want to say it got under my skin

oh yeah that one's super hosed up

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Bro Dad posted:

hes also this guy

the weirdest part is that he wears a turtleneck on his cock. strange

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Egg Moron posted:

how is the financio-hollywood pervert complex going to make a bank a bad guy in 2020?

not ideologically feasible

Hollywood loves making movies about how all the bankers on Wall Street are sickos. Not because of any structural reason of course, but because individually they are all freaks.

I guess producers let that stuff in because it's a small, harmless insult to the film's financers, who the producers presumably spend a bunch of time arguing with.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the villains now are all tech perverts

the invisible man
upgrade
sonic the hedgehog
trolls world tour
and so on

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Watching fargo season 3.

Enjoing VM Varga as the personification of Late Stage capitalism. Is the character of Gloria, the sherriff, supposed to represent the benefits and perils of living a low tech life?

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I assume that most of the Disney main characters, being monarchs, would abstain from voting to avoid appearing like they were affecting the political process

(Lest they lose their grifty jobs and get the guillotine)

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/StevenSchirripa/status/1331768280609157122?s=20

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
a friend of mine is watching DS9 for the first time and just got to this episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugTTy_u61gM

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

DoubleDonut posted:

a friend of mine is watching DS9 for the first time and just got to this episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugTTy_u61gM

It rules how that was thought of as bleak and on the nose when it came out and now it's the positive future

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i watched new netflix movie Mosul (2020) and it was really good! just a well made war movie with a really interesting perspective thats probably the best iraq war movie ive seen. didn't really feel like propaganda, unlike Mosul (2019) the movie that i just found out about on google thats literally directed by an ex cia officer lol

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

the call just dropped on netflix and its very good it will satisfy your craving for a korean movie with creepy supernatural poo poo if its been awhile since youve seen one of those

dont read the bullshit Netflix description that spoils a big plot twist for no reason loving netflix summary writers

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Farm Frenzy posted:

i watched new netflix movie Mosul (2020) and it was really good! just a well made war movie with a really interesting perspective thats probably the best iraq war movie ive seen. didn't really feel like propaganda, unlike Mosul (2019) the movie that i just found out about on google thats literally directed by an ex cia officer lol

You mean the one directed by micheal mathew cannan yeah it was rpetty dope

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

You mean the one directed by micheal mathew cannan yeah it was rpetty dope

yea

Serf
May 5, 2011

i just watched doctor sleep and it has omega-level epstein vibes

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The Guantlet and Tightrope are both ok clint Eastwood films.

10 to Midnight staring Charles Bronson is interesting, but a bad film.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/hexcrawl/status/1332371355803774987?s=19

https://twitter.com/hexcrawl/status/1332427102080143361?s=19

https://twitter.com/hexcrawl/status/1332426129358073863?s=19

https://twitter.com/bleongambetta/status/1332463986844069892?s=19

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

took me a minute to realize that the terms are defined in such a way that the vast majority of white streamers cant possibly fulfill them because it assumes that most streams have leadership structures and arent just like some guy operating out of his basement

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I assume TTRPG is tabletop RPG so it has multiple people, but how many DnD games have leadership? I mean there's the DM, but it's generally a communal thing.

Serf
May 5, 2011

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I assume TTRPG is tabletop RPG so it has multiple people, but how many DnD games have leadership? I mean there's the DM, but it's generally a communal thing.

they're referring to professional outfits like critical role, of which there are like, a handful, and those that exist grew out of groups of friends who decided to take their show live. its very stupid

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Some Guy TT posted:

took me a minute to realize that the terms are defined in such a way that the vast majority of white streamers cant possibly fulfill them because it assumes that most streams have leadership structures and arent just like some guy operating out of his basement

this guy IS operating out of his basement, and he chooses to go out of his way to get offended by it regardless

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 215 days!

Serf posted:

they're referring to professional outfits like critical role, of which there are like, a handful, and those that exist grew out of groups of friends who decided to take their show live. its very stupid

pretty bad look to have your only employee and board member be a white guy smdh

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i tried reading this several times and i can still barely parse it. 2014 is back baby!!!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Farm Frenzy posted:

i tried reading this several times and i can still barely parse it. 2014 is back baby!!!

Complete with nobody who chose to engage coming out of it looking good.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

segregated chatrooms, but wokely

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
time to put on drow makeup so i can invite poc to my stream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Is becoming a cgi anime girl yellowface