Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Dragonfly spec might not be optimal, but it's good at making me go "ohohohehohehehe" so it's impossible to say if it's good or bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

xzzy posted:

Lament broke my monte carlo addiction.

Also my dunemarcher's addiction.

I've only stopped using the Skullfort because it doesn't work with the dark punch. It's on at all times otherwise

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Inmost Light is really, really good on Behemoth, especially with both Aspects equipped and 3 synergistic Fragments. You'll have your abilities up SO often. Mix in a weapon with Demolitionist and/or Monte Carlo and you are constantly casting your abilities

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Inmost Light is really, really good on Behemoth, especially with both Aspects equipped and 3 synergistic Fragments. You'll have your abilities up SO often. Mix in a weapon with Demolitionist and/or Monte Carlo and you are constantly casting your abilities

One day it'll drop

It's only been three years, any day now

:negative:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

RBA Starblade posted:

One day it'll drop

It's only been three years, any day now

:negative:

!

How many exotics (from the world pool) are you missing? Do you know about Xur's Fated Engram and how to use Exotic Ciphers to get multiple Fated Engrams per week??

And more importantly, when the Special Lost Sector is dropping Chest Slot Exotics, farm that poo poo, farm farm farm farm it. It will only drop Chest Armor that you have not collected before, so you're probably going to get Inmost Light very quickly!

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I tried the Legend Lost Sector at 1235 today, and got my rear end thoroughly wrecked again when an Overload Minotaur showed up that I had no answer for. Maybe next time. :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

!

How many exotics (from the world pool) are you missing? Do you know about Xur's Fated Engram and how to use Exotic Ciphers to get multiple Fated Engrams per week??

I know but I keep not getting it lmao, I'm missing more than I thought at this point I suppose. I got Monte Carlo with my first Cipher though, I was saving the second for Heir Apparent when it comes back or something but gently caress it at this point

quote:

And more importantly, when the Special Lost Sector is dropping Chest Slot Exotics, farm that poo poo, farm farm farm farm it. It will only drop Chest Armor that you have not collected before, so you're probably going to get Inmost Light very quickly!

Oh poo poo, I'll do that then

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

RBA Starblade posted:

I know but I keep not getting it lmao, I'm missing more than I thought at this point I suppose. I got Monte Carlo with my first Cipher though, I was saving the second for Heir Apparent when it comes back or something but gently caress it at this point

Oh poo poo, I'll do that then

Heir Apparent will never be available for an Exotic Cipher, btw. It's the reward for the annual Guardian Games in July.

You have your Season Track exotic Cipher, and you get one from a certain Triumph that I can't recall but is probably already Finished for you, and Xur offers a quest for one each week too. You'll have your inmost light in the next couple days, I guarantee!

(if Xur is selling a weapon or armor that you don't have... be sure to buy that FIRST, before using your exotic cipher. Otherwise you know he's just gonna give you the thing he's selling!)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Welp blowing my load Friday then haha

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

and you get one from a certain Triumph that I can't recall

It's the "You have 7 Exotics" Triumph.

HOT TIP: Don't grab it so you always have a backup Cipher available to you.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

what's a Special Lost Sector?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Ciaphas posted:

what's a Special Lost Sector?

There are 3 Lost Sectors on Europa and 2 on the Cosmodrome. Once you've cleared them, and once you're over 1200, you will be able to see the two special lost sectors per day.

One will be 1280 and "Commonly" drop exotic armor, and one will be 1250 and "Rarely" drop exotic armor. It's fixed, each day, which lost sector is which difficulty and which Armor Slot it drops.

For example, you might see a day where Bunker E15 is at 1250 and drops Exotic Helmets

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Strobe posted:

I tried the Legend Lost Sector at 1235 today, and got my rear end thoroughly wrecked again when an Overload Minotaur showed up that I had no answer for. Maybe next time. :v:

The artifact has an infinite combo with overload champions. The mods "Solar and Stasis grenades break overload champs" and "Disrupting a champion refreshes your grenade" goes infinite. Just keep throwing glacier grenades at an overload champ and DPSing with guns. ezpz.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
loving wizard is still bugged and doesnt count for hive boss weekly from crow.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Crow weeklies are the real newbie trap

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Raid very easy, but watching a guide is a considerate way to avoid wasting too much of your fireteam's time.

You'll still need coaching and will goof up a few times, but you'll slow the group down by a half hour instead of 2+ hours if you watch a guide.

People are going to be running this raid all day every day so it's not hard to join a group. 1240 light with Lament is a good goal to shoot for

Lol it’s gonna suck for as I’m the Sherpa for my friends and we’re planning on Monday or Tuesday to finally run it. Thankfully they’ll be 1240+ by then

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

See people talking about weekly Stasis quests from the Stranger, how do I unlock those? I can get a weekly drop for killing stuff off-world with Stasis, and that's it.

I've finished all the Stasis grenade quests, so I'm stumped.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Snuffman posted:

See people talking about weekly Stasis quests from the Stranger, how do I unlock those? I can get a weekly drop for killing stuff off-world with Stasis, and that's it.

I've finished all the Stasis grenade quests, so I'm stumped.

Have you unlocked the exotic stasis launcher? You need your stasis aspect to get the fragment quests.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

Have you unlocked the exotic stasis launcher? You need your stasis aspect to get the fragment quests.

Ahhh, okay, I see it now. There's a quest I do after getting the launcher.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

This is fun.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Mill Village posted:

This is fun.

Think it is worth grinding out? I am trying to find a good exotic to use on my lock.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

You can kill someone with Thorn and the DOT spreads to other enemies.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Gotta love getting the second aspect sends you back to Riis Reborn. Had to sneak it in there once more.

"Pray Return to Riis Reborn, Guardian."

e: Wait, does the new hunter aspect have no slots?

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Nov 26, 2020

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Mill Village posted:

You can kill someone with Thorn and the DOT spreads to other enemies.

As a person who loves the Thorn, this makes me happy.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Oxyclean posted:

Gotta love getting the second aspect sends you back to Riis Reborn. Had to sneak it in there once more.

"Pray Return to Riis Reborn, Guardian."

e: Wait, does the new hunter aspect have no slots?

I was gonna ask, when does the second aspect become available, anyway, I've been feeling like I missed something obvious

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

There are 3 Lost Sectors on Europa and 2 on the Cosmodrome. Once you've cleared them, and once you're over 1200, you will be able to see the two special lost sectors per day.

One will be 1280 and "Commonly" drop exotic armor, and one will be 1250 and "Rarely" drop exotic armor. It's fixed, each day, which lost sector is which difficulty and which Armor Slot it drops.

For example, you might see a day where Bunker E15 is at 1250 and drops Exotic Helmets
oh that's what those map icons were, okay. thanks

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Going from one slot to three total slots on Titan is liberating freedom

hattersmad
Feb 21, 2015

In this style, 10/6
Can confirm. Having 3 slots makes a big difference. I didn’t realize the other classes didn’t get 3 slots.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

hattersmad posted:

Can confirm. Having 3 slots makes a big difference. I didn’t realize the other classes didn’t get 3 slots.

Warlock gets 4 - the first had 3.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Quite the oopsy daisy here. This was as a result of their fix to keep people from deleting characters to re run the raid over and over in a single week

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1331742393142452224?s=20

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Am I missing something with the stasis launcher? I feel like it does gently caress all. Also how long does it take to fully charge?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Am I missing something with the stasis launcher? I feel like it does gently caress all. Also how long does it take to fully charge?

It sucks, I'm afraid. It's useful for the various quests that you do to unlock your Aspects and Fragments but then you'll never touch it again. Takes about one mississippi to charge.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It has some use on a titan to make more ice walls to smash and get more grenade juice. But that's a pretty small use case because grenade uptime is so good already.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Bobby Deluxe posted:

its great for keeping an invader locked down for their entire invade in Gambit.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I respectfully argue the Stasis grenade launcher is indeed, poo poo for anything vs another person. Simply because I'd rather blast them to bits with a regular heavy grenade of the legendary variety. Or better yet, simply chop with a sword after doing one of those map teleport gate hops in Gambit.

I mean there might be an edge case for it. Like maybe you're doing a weekly stasis kill mission and really don't want to be using your stasis class. Otherwise I've got nothing.

For those who enjoy it never stop having fun your way.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

So, i think most people missed it, but No Love Lost explains what is different in this time loop, and it was us killing the heart of the black garden in D1. I cannot wait for bungie to finally explain what the gently caress that was about, and it looks like they may.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

DancingShade posted:

For those who enjoy it never stop having fun your way.

Bideo James posted:

its great for keeping an invader locked down for their entire invade in Gambit.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I live by the creed that your Exotic Weapon should either be used frequently or have a massive impact. Unfortunately, Salvation's Grip fits neither of those, so it gets to live in Collections.

It'd be a lot more tolerable as an oddity/utility weapon if it used Special ammo instead of Heavy.

Doc Mave
Jan 7, 2007
Not a real doc.

Kith posted:

I live by the creed that your Exotic Weapon should either be used frequently or have a massive impact. Unfortunately, Salvation's Grip fits neither of those, so it gets to live in Collections.

It'd be a lot more tolerable as an oddity/utility weapon if it used Special ammo instead of Heavy.

Now I’m imagining it as an exotic truthteller that flash freezes everything in its blast radius and I’m sad we didn’t get it.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Yolomon Wayne posted:

loving wizard is still bugged and doesnt count for hive boss weekly from crow.

You know what does count? Nightmares that spawn during Altars of Sorrow. Just go there and get a fast clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Doc Mave posted:

Now I’m imagining it as an exotic truthteller that flash freezes everything in its blast radius and I’m sad we didn’t get it.

A stasis wave frame GL makes a lot of sense and yet it doesn't exist.