Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Victory Position posted:

Wait, all I have to do is install the entire financial history onto my computer before I can start banking? Well, let me see...

And again after every transaction.

No, not just your transactions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Victory Position posted:

Wait, all I have to do is install the entire financial history onto my computer before I can start banking? Well, let me see...

Hahaha!!! It’s true, ain’t it? I remember (but don’t know exactly an elegant way to look up a quote w/o knowing the name/handle of the individual who said it) the saying about watching btcrap flounder through the entire mistakes of history and Econ101 in fast forward. That blockchain poo poo is part of it, and it grates on me. My simple opinions on coins and coiiners are known, but the thing that actually makes me mad enough to lash out online is the stupid as poo poo blockchain. Based on 1970’s CompSci, and not even smart or creative back then! The IT crowd that won’t admit to wanting to be the new 1% but also won’t admit that their path to getting there is only the INCREDIBLE BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY! Sure, btc is for suckers and speculation (nervous laugh), but Hey! How about the revolutionary blockchain technology! It’s a Goddamn always-on record of crime and environmental harm, and I am a human-centered climate change denier (any discussion or derail out of that statement I will happily discuss in PM only)! And it not only is a waste of useful energy, of which the needs of the entire world power solutions aren’t “finished” with, but also burn up real resources like cheap power for Californians and African or South American economies to bring all in the world QoL things like internet, pumps for clean water, and community refrigeration (if century old technology is still too expensive for individuals to power their own homes without gasoline-powered generation). I also hate it, as a first-world bitch-boi BECAUSE they steal world-wide power and BANDWIDTH when I’m trying to play World of Warcraft or Skyping with my son (living-in-sin with his first committed girlfriend) in Chattanooga while I live with my folks and 97 yo Granny outside the city limits of a small 350 population town called Moscow half an hour East of Memphis.

And it grows larger with every picture some kiddy-diddler “sneaks” into the loving spaghetti code involved in transmission all over the world. I can’t speak to one of my best friends (Dr. Tim Purselley) when I consult with him on the feasibility of selling and transportating American red oak for custom built housing in Dubai. It is a vanity project, but I can’t remark about the cost or resilience of White over Red because some ignorant tech bro is using our useful profitable bandwidth to check that his cloud-based blockchain in Greenland isn’t cheating him vis-a-vie price (they are!). Until the world is blanketed in Teslalite broadband and trunk line fiber to every food pantry and hospital/witch doctor, that bandwidth is NEEDED for real, living, tangible people who need to vote urgently for Biden even though they died eight years ago :agesilaus:. Bandwidth is fungible and finite due to our technological infancy, and the complete waste of resources.

Also, I actually took my meds today and have lived with more bipolar people institutionalized than I like to admit, but gtits never answered so I didn’t remember if I posted this:

The Holy Bitcoin Visa financial marriage to ring in the deatthknell for global fiat quoted (in very small print in titty’s own rebuttal to me linking to the true coiiners worldview )—-
code:
The Coinbase Card is issued by MetaBank®, N.A., Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. The Coinbase Card is powered by Marqeta.
1Crypto rewards is an optional Coinbase offer.
2Coinbase will automatically convert all cryptocurrency to US Dollars for use in purchases and ATM withdrawals.
3Other standard fees may apply, and will be shared during sign-up.
If I’d already posted this I’m sorry. I thought tit-man would respond to my (unbacked and fallacious post) assertion that not only is BitCoin itself useless for everyday things, but not only does VISA abhor btc and dealing with that poo poo, but it’s useless for any business with 5 employees or more, too. I can turn a safe with a million dollars worth of palladium into cash with a loss of a bit from fees and transport, but I would really, really love to hear about a new high rise in Saudi Arabia in a short bit of time paid with in Bitcoiin or even the world’s safest store of value, Tethers.

But I was crazy before he was. Which is probably why I don’t argue against taking my meds. Much. :airquote:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

uh yikes

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I see a few pages new pages in the Bitcoin thread and wonder what's up, then look and see it is just Seraph shitposting away in a blaze of manic glory.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

I think one of my favourite things about that "card" is the screenshot of their app, which shows you that you have full control over how much you spend.

In the example, they have spent anywhere from £12.45 to £252.90, yet the bitcoin amount is always the same, 0.0010 BTC.
What makes it better is that it's not that unbelievable either, considering how much buttcoins swing.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Ad by Khad posted:

canadian banks actually did make their own cryptocurrency that wasnt filled with criminals but then got rid of it after deciding it didnt do anything better than existing digital payments platforms

what was this one?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Somfin posted:

And again after every transaction.

No, not just your transactions.

That's only if you want to collect rewards for confirming transaction. If you just want to send or receive butts, you don't need a local copy of the entire blockchain.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

divabot posted:

what was this one?

was quite a few years ago now. I wanna say CIBC was the bank mostly involved, but I think others were in on it too. They were experimenting with blockchain bullshit and eventually just gave up on it

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

SelfMadeFailson posted:

I am very stable

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

A very stable genius.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Listen, would an unstable millionaire who also lives in a window fan cooled shed somewhere in the middle of nowhere spend hundreds of dollars re-regging to brag to anonymous people, none of whom believe him?????

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Captain Yossarian posted:

Listen, would an unstable millionaire who also lives in a window fan cooled shed somewhere in the middle of nowhere spend hundreds of dollars re-regging to brag to anonymous people, none of whom believe him?????

NYC isn't quite the middle of nowhere, he still lives in a shed though

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

orange juche posted:

NYC isn't quite the middle of nowhere, he still lives in a shed though

He said he lives like four hours out of NYC didn't he?

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Ad by Khad posted:

was quite a few years ago now. I wanna say CIBC was the bank mostly involved, but I think others were in on it too. They were experimenting with blockchain bullshit and eventually just gave up on it

was it the Verify.Me thing?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Captain Yossarian posted:

He said he lives like four hours out of NYC didn't he?

SelfMadeFailson posted:

I'm contractually obligated to be within the five boroughs of NYC. I could move but I'd have to seek other work, and I love my job.

It is seraph so he could be lying about it so who knows

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

divabot posted:

was it the Verify.Me thing?

almost certainly not, since that name isnt familiar to me and it was much more than 2-3 years ago. also they were experimenting with financial product type stuff, which is not the same as this thing you linked

you're the bitcoin expert not me though

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
divabot's "expertise" has always come from the crowdsourcing ability of the Something Awful cryptocurrency threads, so he's cross examining you for another spicy blog post or chapter that you will surely be credited for when he is selling books or doing interviews.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

please cite me whenever you use the term poopoocoin tia

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Rectal Death Adept posted:

divabot's "expertise" has always come from the crowdsourcing ability of the Something Awful cryptocurrency threads, so he's cross examining you for another spicy blog post or chapter that you will surely be credited for when he is selling books or doing interviews.

you're not wrong, but i dont care enough about crypto to have any ironclad example to link here

at least someone found a successful hustle via bitcoin

The End
Apr 16, 2007

You're welcome.
Cratering again. 16711 USD and still dropping.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

SelfMadeFailson posted:

I had challenges too, you know. Mental health chief among them.
Wrong tense dude

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I'd rather support divabot's anti-crypto or at least anti-bitcoin grift than support bitcoin miners who think drying strawberries with their graphics cards is actually cool and good anti-capitalism instead of turbo capitalism and murdering the environment

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
why number go down?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

zaurg posted:

why number go down?

Bank holiday in america. People are doing less money laundering, tax evasion and drug buying on holidays. It should pick up again.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
the tether printer plum gave out

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Here's a graph that ghost titty didn't post. You can tell because it's clearly labeled and understandable.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Collateral Damage posted:

Here's a graph that ghost titty didn't post. You can tell because it's clearly labeled and understandable.

wtf there's the same number of number between each of the y axis lines

this graph is poo poo

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
apparently the New York Times is about to publish a story about a culture of racism at Coinbase, a prominent bitcoin company

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Stefan Prodan posted:

wtf there's the same number of number between each of the y axis lines

this graph is poo poo

I can't understand it if the time axis isn't logarithmic

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Hammerite posted:

apparently the New York Times is about to publish a story about a culture of racism at Coinbase, a prominent bitcoin company

This is good for bitcoin

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Hammerite posted:

The company that paid off people to quit instead of talking about politics is racist?

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.

Collateral Damage posted:

You've violated the Crypto-Code-of-Conduct, as this chart is not logarithmic! Shameful!!!

Hammerite posted:

If the NY Times can get Coinbase cancelled will this ultimately help to cancel Bitcoin?

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Oh hey this thread. Is there anyone left who unironically supports Bitcoin in the thread or has the passage of time claimed them all?

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Oh hey this thread. Is there anyone left who unironically supports Bitcoin in the thread or has the passage of time claimed them all?

I am sure someone somewhere out there successfully timed the market.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

yeah ghostTTy and the other guy with the personality disorder who keeps reregging

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I like bitcoin but only for it's intended purpose of buying drugs. The speculation is silly.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

xtal posted:

The company that paid off people to quit instead of talking about politics is racist?

Hey, they did pay them off rather than just fire them!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

orange juche posted:

This is good for bitcoin
Given their target audience I think this counts as a puff piece

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

They aren't currently posting but you'll always find a few goons that gambled on the fake stock market and made money, so they fall into that trap where accidentally making money somehow proves their own intelligence or the value of the fake stock market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Stefan Prodan posted:

yeah ghostTTy and the other guy with the personality disorder who keeps reregging

Bipolar isn't a personality disorder it's just your bog standard mood disorder.

But yeah just him and chart guy. I think most bitcoin fans have better things to do than try to convince the crowd of hecklers that no, really, it's great, why are you throwing rotten fruit at me when I'm right?!

E: This is not to say that those guys are right just that most of the guys who are not right are also not weirdly obsessive about converting the atheists who just want to laugh at them.

Puppy Time fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Nov 26, 2020