Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

this is why you should have to pass a test before being allowed access to critical theory. too many irresponsible theorists making the rest of us look bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Larry Parrish posted:

afro pessimism is being 16 and listening to afroman

I was gonna solve racism ... but then I got high
I was gonna solve sexism ... but then I got high
Now I'm breaking up the banks, and I know why (why man?)
YEAH HEY
Because I got high
Because I got high
Because I got high

LA DA DA, DA DA

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

reposting this banging website for you cowards not in the weed/cats thread

https://420.moe/

THS
Sep 15, 2017

T-man posted:

this is why you should have to pass a test before being allowed access to critical theory. too many irresponsible theorists making the rest of us look bad

plato warned us!! gotta have philosopher kings!!!

uncop
Oct 23, 2010

The feud this is part of is one of the funniest things I've seen in 2020. No one would even have noticed the open letter without this response, which is badly enough thought out that it levels the playing field between a real movement with big authority and some fledgling collectives. I mean it made CPP look like its main point of reference in the US is something like CPUSA, which caused a bunch of confusion with the ppl that idolize them, 99% of whom completely disagree with CPUSA.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
It's funny because this isn't even the first penny-ante feud that the CPP found itself in this year

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I read the wiki article on Afro pessimism and still don’t really understand what it is/why it leads to the dumb twitter takes posted In Here

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

indigi posted:

I read the wiki article on Afro pessimism and still don’t really understand what it is/why it leads to the dumb twitter takes posted In Here

the main thinker behind it posits that the main driver of society and material conditions isn't capitalist accumulation, but anti-blackness heavily anchored to the legacy of the trans-atlantic slave trade, it's completely bugshit and everyone trying to prop it up is, at best, insanely misguided

https://twitter.com/intlibecosoc/status/1330693491194617857?s=19

https://twitter.com/ajhayw_/status/1251150976204992516

THE SEXUAL DESIRE ECONOMY CREATED BY WHITE EUROPEANS AND INDIGENOUS AMERICANS

quote:

In the debate that ensued, juju jones, a blogger, invoked Frank Wilderson ‘on ahistorical comparisons between Black struggle & the fight to free Palestine’.[21] Commenting on comparisons between the plight of Palestinians and Afro-Americans, Wilderson says, ‘That’s just bullshit. First, there’s no time period in which Black police and slave domination have ever ended. Second, the Arabs and the Jews are as much a part of the Black slave trade – the creation of Blackness as social death – as anyone else.’[22]

‘As I told a friend of mine, “yeah we’re going to help you get rid of Israel, but the moment that you set up your poo poo we’re going to be right there to jack you up, because anti-Blackness is as important and necessary to the formation of Arab psychic life as it is to the formation of Jewish psychic life.” … we know, once they get over [their own hurdles], the anti-Blackness that sustains them will rear its ugly head again against us. So that we don’t fall into a sort of genuine bonding with people who are really, primarily, using Black energy to catalyze and energize their struggle.’[23]

Like Marxism, Black Consciousness was also hobbled in an essential way. Fundamental to Marxism is the notion that the world is unethical due to its subsumption by relations of capital. What we learn from Fanon and others is that the world is unethical due to its subsumption by the slave relation.

— Frank B. Wilderson III[25]

anyway, right now it's kind of a meme ideology/framework, but it's gaining traction, at least enough that someone wrote a pretty brutal takedown effort essay of it. as someone who just enjoys scratching my head in wonder at niche ideology this is certainly one of them! the first tweet i posted with someone grandiosely proclaiming a pretty fundamental, observable facet of material reality to be "obsolete and limited" (Engel's concept of "social murder") was a real groin grabber

https://t.co/4MO9Kc4HNp?amp=1

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
it sounds like the logical endpoint of the 1619 project

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

lacan as a reference in the practice of personal psychology: alright

lacan being thrown in sociology and creating "libidinal economy", WHY

(zizek exempted)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Afroman's "sell your dope" is a masterclass on marxian intersectionality rivaling bell hooks

https://youtu.be/_lbzCNbP178

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Wishing a happy and healthy thanksgiving to all of my fellow amerikkkans itt

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Like I do every year, I posted an essay denouncing the holiday on Facebook. I am never rewarded for it with attention or really enthusiastic agreement. Not should I be, for I do it as an act of venting frustration.

But like clockwork, I do it every year.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

thankless taking, thats what this holiday is. america deserved 9/11

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

THS posted:

thankless taking, thats what this holiday is. america deserved 9/11

:hmmyes:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
getting drunk and telling my family that you're a supporter of genocide if you celebrate thanksgiving as I stumble to dinner

THS
Sep 15, 2017

leading my nephews in “death to amerikkka” chants; mom will not let me sit at the big table in the dining room

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I politely returned all thanksgiving wishes to family that message me about it.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i don't visit my family or celebrate thanksgiving at all and anyone who does is a liberal

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

thanksgiving rules cause I get a day off work and there’s football on

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
That’s right

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

indigi posted:

thanksgiving rules cause I get a day off work and there’s football on

god bless amerikkka

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i love this thread

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
having a wonderful holiday with my gfs family

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

football: the game of stealing land

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

there is no theft. every yard is bought and paid for, with blood and sweat and snot.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

someone else's blood yeah

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

really that describes the world tbh

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

sports are inheriently liberal and all ball-touchers will be made to do brute labor once the anime appraisers bring about true communism

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sitting at the fire pit discussing whether its smart or not to drive semi-drunk to upcountry where the snow is and go wheeling. consensus seems to be yes. being a good ol' boy owns sometimes.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
sports are good and there should be more jock communists

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I am very big and strong and lift weights regularly with fairly decent cardio health due to biking a lot but I dislike sports, I'm not sure what that makes me w/r/t the spectrum of jocks but in any case my bulk is in service of the world's working people

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
had a nice dinner with my family and now I'm watching a bad college football game. pretty good holiday

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

apropos to nothing posted:

We need more cooperative sports. Videogames only go so far.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

apropos to nothing posted:

sports are good but football is bad

THS
Sep 15, 2017

all adversarial sports and competitions should be banned in favor of bringing back synchronized swimming

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
the first promulgation of the first neo-supreme soviet is going to be the nationalization of all lockers to shove nerds into and the second is going to be introducing a turkish wrestling draft

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Malleum posted:

introducing a turkish wrestling draft

OK I'm sold

ToxicAcne
May 25, 2014

Mr. Lobe posted:

I am very big and strong and lift weights regularly with fairly decent cardio health due to biking a lot but I dislike sports, I'm not sure what that makes me w/r/t the spectrum of jocks but in any case my bulk is in service of the world's working people

Remember that Comrade Che was a huge jock. Putting away "High School heirarchies as a model for political analysis" should be a priority for the Western left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Fidel loved baseball, like me