Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Sash! posted:

There wasn't a single thing about the Vong that was even remotely interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Still waiting for those otter people or whatever they were to show up :v:

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

CelticPredator posted:

I’d like a hutt played by Diego Luna

Just let Diego touch the Hut Disney!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

TK-42-1 posted:

In a lot of ways I wish we never saw any established characters in mando.

At least the inclusions so far make some sense in context. Satine is a Mandalorian herself and was a former ruler of Mandalore, and she knew Jedi so if Din is looking for Jedi it makes sense she'd point him at one she knew personally. I mean sure they could've included a random new group of mandalorians, but at least they're not pulling random characters from the past out arbitrarily EG: Here is Booster Terrik just conveniently cruising around in his Scarlet Star Destroyer.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Galaga Galaxian posted:

At least the inclusions so far make some sense in context. Satine is a Mandalorian herself and was a former ruler of Mandalore, and she knew Jedi so if Din is looking for Jedi it makes sense she'd point him at one she knew personally. I mean sure they could've included a random new group of mandalorians, but at least they're not pulling random characters from the past out arbitrarily EG: Here is Booster Terrik just conveniently cruising around in his Scarlet Star Destroyer.

I would accept Thrawn kramering in with an ISD, addressing “Moff” Gideon as say a lieutenant or commander and assuming command of whatever ships are around.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Phylodox posted:

I’d be okay if Artoo and/or Threepio showed up.

No. They’ve shown up enough.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I am enthusiastic for the new episode tonight because AHSOKA TANO.

And perhaps more Moff Gideon!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

thrawn527 posted:

Have the black fleet casually fly by in the background

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I loved the Legacy comics, though I was way more into the Fell Empire than the Cade stuff.

I also liked how they straight up had Starbuck in it. There was a tie pilot who was exactly like reboot Starbuck even down to the first season hair.

Also that Jaina Solo and Jag Fell got married, took over the empire and built a dynasty.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

thrawn527 posted:

Strong disagree. Artoo can never show up too much.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Here is Booster Terrik just conveniently cruising around in his Scarlet Star Destroyer.

For a second, in the jail break episode, I thought that Mando was meeting someone on Booster's red Star Destroyer before it turned out it was a space station.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

twistedmentat posted:

I loved the Legacy comics, though I was way more into the Fell Empire than the Cade stuff.

I also liked how they straight up had Starbuck in it. There was a tie pilot who was exactly like reboot Starbuck even down to the first season hair.

Also that Jaina Solo and Jag Fell got married, took over the empire and built a dynasty.

And the Pallaeon Star Destroyer was a sexy beast.

Did Legacy ever finish or was its finale one of the casualties of the Disney buyout?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Arcsquad12 posted:

And the Pallaeon Star Destroyer was a sexy beast.

Did Legacy ever finish or was its finale one of the casualties of the Disney buyout?

The original Cade run ended long before the buyout, but a sequel series focusing on a Solo descendant was one of the last Dark Horse SW comics and iirc it was cancelled before it was finished.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

hobbesmaster posted:

I would accept Thrawn kramering in with an ISD, addressing “Moff” Gideon as say a lieutenant or commander and assuming command of whatever ships are around.

Nah, the way this show progressses its story Thrawn would show up after they beat Gideon and they think they've won. Then cut to some non descript part of the galaxy, an ISD drops out of hyperspace, there's a long tense shot traveling along its hull, panning down to show you the markings on it so that nerds will recognize it as the Chimera and start hooting like howler monkeys while normies go "wait, what's that mean?" finishing with a zoom in on the bridge where you see Lars Mikkelsen in full make up as old rear end man Thrawn. [recorder music sting]

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Thrawns star destroyer is the SW universes equivalent of a TapouT shirt

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

banned from Starbucks posted:

Thrawns star destroyer is the SW universes equivalent of a TapouT shirt

Mans put a tribal tat on his hondo civic

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I don’t know why I like the idea of moff Gideon being some low level guy that found dark saber and just showed up at a planet and said “I’m the governor now” so much.

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Nov 26, 2020

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Also I should add that I don’t mean to poo poo on anybody’s enjoyment of the EU- we all have things that we like that other people don’t (Jesus Christ don’t get me started on how much I love Ultraman and it’s related series’ more than is probably healthy) and I don’t want anybody to take it like I was saying that they are dumb for liking something I don’t necessarily gel with it :shobon:

I mean, Ultraman does fuckin' rule real hard.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

hobbesmaster posted:

I don’t know why I like the idea of moth Gideon being some low level guy that found dark saber and just showed up at a planet and said “I’m the governor now” so much.

Given how pissed Satine, the previous known owner, was, I don't think he just found it half buried in a ditch somewhere. :v:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

hobbesmaster posted:

I don’t know why I like the idea of moth Gideon being some low level guy that found dark saber and just showed up at a planet and said “I’m the governor now” so much.

Moth Gideon is my favorite z list Batman villain

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Given how pissed Satine, the previous known owner, was, I don't think he just found it half buried in a ditch somewhere. :v:

What, you wouldn’t be pissed if you accidentally dropped excalibur in a ditch?

Its Rinaldo posted:

Moth Gideon is my favorite z list Batman villain

My phone appears to have just learned “moff” but that would’ve been a perfect Adam West villain

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Nov 27, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

banned from Starbucks posted:

I want more Hutts. Hutts control this huge rear end area of the galaxy and we only ever see like 2?

Hutt Jedi it is.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hutt Jedi it is.

it’s been done

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Galaga Galaxian posted:

That’s not Satine, it’s Bo-Katan, Satine’s sister. Satine is dead.

Caros
May 14, 2008

I'm shocked that we went two pages of EU discussion without mentioning Lord Nyax, the dark Jedi equivalent of broly who appeared for one book mid vong stuff with lightsaber knees.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Give me more Truman Capote Ziro the Hutt and Big Mama or give me death.

Same but Master Shake Hutt from Freemaker Adventures.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

thrawn527 posted:

Unless...

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

thrawn527 posted:

Right, I got them mixed up for a second. Doesn't help there is also Sabine.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

And Saltine

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

His karate killings are the stuff of legend.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Arcsquad12 posted:

Watch the George Lucas videos by SF Debris. Hero's Journey, Shadow's Journey and Hermit's Journey. Empire and Jedi were production nightmares.

Thanks for recommending these. I'd seen Empire of Dreams before but knew it was an incomplete story (and obviously very pro-George overall).

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Phylodox posted:

Strong disagree. Artoo can never show up too much.

:wrong:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Phylodox posted:

Strong disagree. Chopper can never show up too much.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

nine-gear crow posted:

Nah, the way this show progressses its story Thrawn would show up after they beat Gideon and they think they've won. Then cut to some non descript part of the galaxy, an ISD drops out of hyperspace, there's a long tense shot traveling along its hull, panning down to show you the markings on it so that nerds will recognize it as the Chimera and start hooting like howler monkeys while normies go "wait, what's that mean?" finishing with a zoom in on the bridge where you see Lars Mikkelsen in full make up as old rear end man Thrawn. [recorder music sting]

One of the things you learn from the Thrawn books is that the only real reason Thrawn joined the Empire was to access its military power to deal with various nasty threats in the Unknown Regions. If he's coming back now that the Emperor is deadish and the Rebellion won it's because there's some horrifying new threat coming to eat everyone's lunch.

And that's probably a little too high stakes from The Mandalorian.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
One thing the Old EU did was change half the characters' motivations to preparing for war with the Vong

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Caros posted:

I'm shocked that we went two pages of EU discussion without mentioning Lord Nyax, the dark Jedi equivalent of broly who appeared for one book mid vong stuff with lightsaber knees.

Technically two, as the teenager that dude was based on before he got all augmented with extra lightsabers first appeared in Children of the Jedi.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

TK-42-1 posted:

it’s been done

Leia dueled him to the death!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

CorSec, if not necessarily Corran Horn, is something I'd like to see get a mention. Corellia being a semi-autonomous entity inside the Republic was an idea I thought was neat.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Piell posted:

Leia dueled him to the death!

drat that Hut is built like a brick house!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

drat that Hut is built like a brick house!