Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

TheAardvark posted:

you should have said the ham is there because it slaps then

If you want it to slap you need to use a hot pickle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGYTlLcuxXc

real talk: i have no idea what a hot pickle is

fake edit: cursed snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

TheAardvark posted:

I'm having a lot of trouble imagining green onion in place of pickle here.

It's good.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

I just don't see how you could make the same thing. They're so much skinnier than pickles! Flavor wise I'm sure it works

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

All these look like cast-off props from John Carpenter's The Thing

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Okay it's the white part of the onion, not the chives except for some of the slices at the end.

You must buy the cheap rectangle ham slices. Slap one down, spread softened cream cheese on it, roll it around a green onion, and then slice it into sushis

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

https://twitter.com/andrewpanton/status/1326583008711766019

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

titties posted:

Okay it's the white part of the onion, not the chives except for some of the slices at the end.

...chives and green onions are two different plants.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/status/1332045233455058945

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
You can't fool me PJW, that's shredded paper.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

That looks like every salmon night we had on a deployed submarine with bigger portions.

Frozen farmed Atlantic Salmon cooked to death doesn't really have the flavor of the good stuff, that should be cooked properly and seasoned well, obviously the frozen medley is pretty tasteless, better than the canned stuff obv. to make a meal like that edible you generally just dump hot sauce and salt and pepper all over your plate of mush, cheese would have been a welcome blessing, but you only get so much when you have to feed a crew stuck underwater for three months at a stretch.

I had no idea I was owning the libs the whole time. Also had no idea replicating lovely institutional quality food at home was doing the same.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Elviscat posted:

That looks like every salmon night we had on a deployed submarine with bigger portions.

Frozen farmed Atlantic Salmon cooked to death doesn't really have the flavor of the good stuff, that should be cooked properly and seasoned well, obviously the frozen medley is pretty tasteless, better than the canned stuff obv. to make a meal like that edible you generally just dump hot sauce and salt and pepper all over your plate of mush, cheese would have been a welcome blessing, but you only get so much when you have to feed a crew stuck underwater for three months at a stretch.

I had no idea I was owning the libs the whole time. Also had no idea replicating lovely institutional quality food at home was doing the same.

I lost my taste for salmon due to eating too much terrible salmon casserole on a navy ship.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I think the broader thing to look at is how he's not the type to respect quarantine, but today he's at home alone fixing servings for one.

I don't think cheese particularly goes well with salmon, but it's not like it'd be awful. I am a little wary of grated parmesan just because my dad bought a big plastic container and decided to get in the habit of topping it off with store brand pre-shredded cheese, and he did it for two years, not washing out the container so there's a lot of old cheese particles, and now the container's growing mold on the bottom.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Yellow Yoshi posted:

if i may be so rude as to inquire, what is wrong with normal whipped cream

Didn't have any, or a way to get any before someone else wanted whipped cream. Otherwise, yes, I would have just used heavy cream and been done with it.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://mobile.twitter.com/keepupwithle/status/1332061417596448772

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

SlothfulCobra posted:

I don't think cheese particularly goes well with salmon

Smoked salmon and cream cheese on a bagel is p great

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Eat what?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

A face, presumably

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

It's the most wonderful time of the year: the time when chefs get creative.

Pictured: mille-feulles, except the crepes are made with chicken pâté, and the 'cream' is garlic mayo.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
had to find a pic myself :catstare:

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

prayer group posted:

...chives and green onions are two different plants.

I didn't go to food school, sorry

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Okay? Shredded cheese over salmon(?) and veg-all... sure, enjoy your bland meal, guess I’ll cry about it? :ohdear:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/mightbecursed/s...ingawful.com%2F

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

What the hell is in the fourth pan? A tray of mustard?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Cartoon Man posted:

What the hell is in the fourth pan? A tray of mustard?

I thought it was that or some other terrible hollandaisish sauce at first, but after applying some critical thinking I have determined that it's gravy. Like, totally garbage package gravy or something.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Australian bushfires, 2019, colorised

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

https://twitter.com/GriffinMorshu/status/1332139132546637826?s=20

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I feel less stupid always carrying my 9x13 cake pan version of this by the bottom now.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

I cried. What a tragedy.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

this made me so profoundly sad

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Satan worked so hard on those eggs :smith:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

SlothfulCobra posted:

I am a little wary of grated parmesan just because my dad bought a big plastic container and decided to get in the habit of topping it off with store brand pre-shredded cheese, and he did it for two years, not washing out the container so there's a lot of old cheese particles, and now the container's growing mold on the bottom.

One time a jar of cheap powdery parmesan (shaky cheese) got lost in the back of our spice cupboard instead of going back in the fridge. I found it months later, and it was marbled with dark blue lightning bolts of mold. It did not smell like spoiled food. It smelled like an intense, tangy, funky sharp blue cheese and made my mouth water.

Mrs. WITCHCRAFT made me throw it away before I could try any.

I've never had cheese go bad that way before or since. It's always fuzzy blooms that cover the surface but do no penetrate, and they smell musty and unpalatable.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I had some general tso's with a distinct bleu cheese taste a few weeks back. So try some cheap takeout places and you might find what you're after.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

WITCHCRAFT posted:

One time a jar of cheap powdery parmesan (shaky cheese) got lost in the back of our spice cupboard instead of going back in the fridge. I found it months later, and it was marbled with dark blue lightning bolts of mold. It did not smell like spoiled food. It smelled like an intense, tangy, funky sharp blue cheese and made my mouth water.

Mrs. WITCHCRAFT made me throw it away before I could try any.

I've never had cheese go bad that way before or since. It's always fuzzy blooms that cover the surface but do no penetrate, and they smell musty and unpalatable.

Where are you from that you refer to it as shaky cheese? Is that a regional thing?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Elviscat posted:

Where are you from that you refer to it as shaky cheese? Is that a regional thing?

I'm in Upstate NY and I've definitely called it and heard it called "shaky cheese" or "shaky parm"

I even wrote it into a (silly) song

https://soundcloud.com/starfolder/spaghetti

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

I call it "shaker cheese" or "shaker parm" and I'm from Chicago. Granted until my dad got Into Cooking when I was 14 or so I called it "Parmesan cheese"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/Dealfatigue/status/1332204310759944192