Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.
Man I just wish they'd put more effort into the Arena codes that come with these things. I considered getting the Slime drop but IIRC it didn't have anything for Arena and now I'd like to get the Bob Ross lands, the Seb drop and the metal drop but I dunno since I don't play paper Magic anymore.

I mean, goddamn it Wizards, just give me all 10 Ross lands in Arena if I buy the paper versions and not just 5! And the Seb pack has loving ONE SLEEVE and the metal pack has NOTHING for Arena. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

ALLAN LASSUS posted:

Man I just wish they'd put more effort into the Arena codes that come with these things. I considered getting the Slime drop but IIRC it didn't have anything for Arena and now I'd like to get the Bob Ross lands, the Seb drop and the metal drop but I dunno since I don't play paper Magic anymore.

I mean, goddamn it Wizards, just give me all 10 Ross lands in Arena if I buy the paper versions and not just 5! And the Seb pack has loving ONE SLEEVE and the metal pack has NOTHING for Arena. :argh:

Maybe Secret Lairs aren't ideal for you

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Cactrot posted:

Early magic art already captured 80s metal album cover art quite well

Yeah, Lich is basically a lost iron maiden album cover

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.

A Big... Dog posted:

Maybe Secret Lairs aren't ideal for you

Maybe but I mean I'd be happy to dish out the cash for the Ross lands so why not give all 10 in Arena, it's not as if it's a huge additional expense for them

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Scuttlebutt is that you'll get the other 5 whether or not you buy the secret lair.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Drewjitsu posted:

The professor gave it a review over here:
https://youtu.be/lqQMH7x44Gw

Thanks. Prof didn’t show the back but that gave me the idea to look for other reviews and one did: https://youtu.be/MmV0_1vNndo and it does

Looks pretty nice with the design. Wish they made it look more like luggage with wheels or at least a handle, but I’m liking the aesthetic.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Jabor posted:

Scuttlebutt is that you'll get the other 5 whether or not you buy the secret lair.

That would be nice. I think Ross would have wanted it that way. :3:

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I want a whole stack of happy little swamps. :3:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

PleasantDirge posted:

Also can you post or DM me that mutate deck list? A deck full of alt art cards, esp ikoria ones is exactly the kind of Dragon I feel like chasing right now.

https://www.moxfield.com/decks/_pM0QT5-ak6FFTh5QU_qCg

Here ya go! This is a very mid-power list for casual tables but like most Commander decks its a hoot when it goes off.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
The artist I miss from the old days is Ron Spencer, who wasn’t good exactly but had an extremely distinct style. Now it seems like the only artist like that is Seb McKinnon.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
honestly, bring back jesper myrfors

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
all of the early artists rule especially the bad ones (except the nazi and the terf who are Actually Bad)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Cactrot posted:

Early magic art already captured 80s metal album cover art quite well

looks like a grumpy old man getting up out of bed in the middle of the night (9:30pm) to yell out the window at the drat kids having their party next door

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Nov 26, 2020

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Richard Thomas is underrated among the early Magic artists. I love all the artwork he did for walls and it sucks that basically none of them are playable.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

whydirt posted:

Richard Thomas is underrated among the early Magic artists. I love all the artwork he did for walls and it sucks that basically none of them are playable.

My vote for under appreciation is Nene Thomas

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

honestly, bring back jesper myrfors

gently caress yeah

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
black friday sales are starting, post any good ones you find.

a place I've bought from before, Dave and Adam's, has some booster boxes for pretty cheap. War of the Spark for 90, guilds of ravnica for 85, and zendikar set booster boxes for 95 which is a good bit cheaper than anywhere else I've seen, and other stuff.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

kalvanoo posted:

all of the early artists rule especially the bad ones (except the nazi and the terf who are Actually Bad)

not a joke: the art for stasis is, if not my fav, def top 3 in the game

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Its a MTG Boomer meme now but I really do like the Stasis art, but I am glad it’s a one off. I think the game might have died of everything looked like that.

fadam fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Nov 27, 2020

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
If they hadn't already done a cat secret lair I'd like one by Susan Van Camp.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.
Best part about Stasis is if you like the art just grab yourself a canvas and any old acrylics and *boom* your own copy of Stasis. Timewalk is a little harder but doable as well

Something I’d like to see: a new version of the Stasis artwork in the “regular” MTG style

Victor Surge fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Nov 27, 2020

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

There is a Seb one for mtgo.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Terrible Opinions posted:

There is a Seb one for mtgo.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
hot q: what are the most *fun* pauper decks?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Stasis and Ebon Praetor are my favorite arts in the game and I would love an entire set in that style.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

This is my favorite art and I have a signed playmat of it :D

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

The answer used to be tribe.

But these decks are fun (I don’t promise tournament viability though): cycling storm, acid trip, tron, goblins, elves, bogles, mono black control, bw pestilence, etc

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I do like that they apparently have recognized people like Seb, but in addition to commissioning him for a ton of cards, they're picking up more stylized artists, like Wylie Beckert

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

what are some decks from other formats that you enjoy?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Nighthand posted:

I do like that they apparently have recognized people like Seb, but in addition to commissioning him for a ton of cards, they're picking up more stylized artists, like Wylie Beckert
I'm not really a fan of the fae of wishes one, but the Thwart the Grave and Soul Shatter are all-time greats

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm not really a fan of the fae of wishes one, but the Thwart the Grave and Soul Shatter are all-time greats

:emptyquote:

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

If they hadn't already done a cat secret lair I'd like one by Susan Van Camp.

I had her doodle on a set of Meditates and all of the doodles were cat-related.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Leperflesh posted:

looks like a grumpy old man getting up out of bed in the middle of the night (9:30pm) to yell out the window at the drat kids having their party next door

From what I understand he was going for a eunuch court sorcerer vibe. You can definitely see some roots with some of the older designs for Ming the Merciless.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Gimme four copies of Secret Lair: Anson Maddocks Painted Some Surreal poo poo Even Though We Asked Him To Paint A Normal Thing But He Didn't Listen please

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Secret Lair: Ron Spencer

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bosch is cool and all but when are we getting Secret Lair: Beksinski Edition

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
yoooooo

Secret Lair: Richard Mufuggin Kane THE GOAT Ferguson

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

robert
bliss

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
drew tucker full art jtms, the two 3 mana lilis, torch chandra and one of the teferis would be fuckin sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Melissa Benson set of 5 different Nissas