Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Narsham posted:

Depends on what department it is in, and whether you first eliminate the clerks. If the rabbits can’t focus fire in time, Nothing There has a chance of beating them, especially if they’re mainly attacking from one side of it.

I saw a video where the Mountain, at full strength, wiped out all the rabbits in its department without reverting back to its previous form. Never let the Mountain reach full strength.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

sorcrane posted:

Congratulations on the new position, Mizu! You're moving down up in the world! :golfclap:

Don't go forgetting the other cuties, okay?

Click here for the full 1189x800 image

(thumbnailing for blood and Mizu-typical violence)

Holy poo poo. I'm halfway tempted to make this a desktop backround

:stonklol:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

sorcrane posted:

Congratulations on the new position, Mizu! You're moving down up in the world! :golfclap:

Don't go forgetting the other cuties, okay?

Click here for the full 1189x800 image

(thumbnailing for blood and Mizu-typical violence)

I can feel the love for cuties emanating from this picture.

:iit:

and looking closer she's drooling. She wants to eat it. Oh god this gets better every time I look. :allears:

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Of course she does. It smells like jerky.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Reiterpallasch posted:

an elementary schooler cannot in any conceivable sense give informed content for a potentially lethal experimental research procedure, especially in the absence of any medical benefit for that child, holy moly

I think you'll find this was reviewed by the LobCorp Board of Ethics and found to be acceptable.

(the lobcorp board of ethics is punishing bird pecking the "y" key on a computer terminal)

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Solitair posted:

I saw a video where the Mountain, at full strength, wiped out all the rabbits in its department without reverting back to its previous form. Never let the Mountain reach full strength.

Considering how the Mountain works it feels as though sending in the rabbits would only work as a stalling measure.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

I think you'll find this was reviewed by the LobCorp Board of Ethics and found to be acceptable.

(the lobcorp board of ethics is punishing bird pecking the "y" key on a computer terminal)

How many keyboards do they go through?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Dirk the Average posted:

How many keyboards do they go through?

The keyboard is also an anomaly.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Deadmeat5150 posted:

The keyboard is also an anomaly.

One Capslock and Hundreds of Good Keys.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Looks like the winner is Knight of Despair, with an insanely close second being Parasite Tree... which means I guess I have the next two BCP's figured out now. Cool.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Nobody wants a warm hug with the woodsman :(

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I voted for Woodsman

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
Just not a lot to it though, right? I mean it's got an axe, it wants heads, and it'll probably just kill the employee and/or breach.

Parasite tree has some weird poo poo going on, and I want to know exactly what kind of weird poo poo it is.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

I just wanted to see the adorable shark child eat someone's face, or get them super duper high, or both.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
I want anime.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Incidentally, with the woodsman I'm not sure why everyone hates it so much - couldn't you just like, let it melt down? As I understand it, it only breaches if the counter reaches zero and then you send somebody to work it. So if the counter goes to 0 for whatever reason you can just decide to leave it alone for the rest of the day and eat the energy cost of a meltdown which is usually not significant.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
I can't speak for other people, but the reason why I dislike Woodsman is because it's so incredibly unforgiving. He's the cause of a lot of deaths when first learning about him because he goes to 0 and THEN kills someone. For myself, it caused a lot of confusion because I thought it was the person getting killed that did something wrong. Not to mention that if you actually managed to send someone who actually ducks under the Temperance limit, then unless you happen to be doing Temperance work, (far from a guarentee since going in fresh you don't know why he likes), then any of the other options stand a pretty decent chance of getting a bad result (as shown with Gaia) without those work success bonuses from unlocking his information.

Add on that if you try to get clever and use someone who's just under Temperance 3, then his ego gift can push you into Temperance 3. If you don't notice when he gifts you, then oops that employee gets killed for that next time he enters the room.

There's a ton of ways that Woodsman 'gotchas' you, and it's incredibly annoying to manage until you get all his information. All that for.... an HE. His stuff, while decent, isn't spectacular.

The general thing with Abnos is that if they got an instant-kill punishment, then they either better be easy to manage or it better be worth it. Woodsman isn't the first when blind, and it's not really the second either.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Incidentally, with the woodsman I'm not sure why everyone hates it so much - couldn't you just like, let it melt down? As I understand it, it only breaches if the counter reaches zero and then you send somebody to work it. So if the counter goes to 0 for whatever reason you can just decide to leave it alone for the rest of the day and eat the energy cost of a meltdown which is usually not significant.

It doesn't even count as a meltdown until you send someone to work with it when the counter is at 0.

Tatters
Jan 29, 2020
What's this? some kind of informative, narrative, screenshot LP of one of my favorite games? I'm glad I came across this at random while looking for a picture of Nezatch's cutscene backround!

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Actually this is the Facility X-394 chapter of the Blue Star fanclub, but don't tell anyone.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

Actually this is the Facility X-394 chapter of the Punishing Bird fanclub, but don't tell anyone.

ftfy

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Tatters posted:

What's this? some kind of informative, narrative, screenshot LP of one of my favorite games? I'm glad I came across this at random while looking for a picture of Nezatch's cutscene backround!

Welcome! You’re here forever. :v:

VinnyDonuts
Oct 4, 2013

:lobcorp:
Any sort of abnormality with a stat ceiling (woodsman, scarecrow) instead of a stat floor (blue star, nothing there) is going to be annoying to deal with just because you wind up being punished for having the gall to play the game well and leveling up your agents effectively, never mind the issue of their best work-type being the one that trains the stat you don't want going past a certain point.

They're infuriating if you're blind and your usual tactic is to send your best agents at them because they just breach every time and you don't know what's going on. If you get them early enough, they're both threatening enough to be day-enders. At the very least with scarecrow you can ignore its gimmick by the time you have ALEPH gear - You don't even have to pay attention to the prudence ceiling, it's just a relatively weak abnormality that breaches every time you work it. Meanwhile, the woodsman forces you to respect its gimmick or punishes you with an instant-kill, no matter how good your gear is.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

With cognition filters being a commercial technology in LobCorpVerse, it follows that there are people out there who just live through life with a maxed out Anime filter on everything all the time.

Makes u think

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Oh dear. A friend just bought me this tonight.

I have no idea what I'm doing, and it's going to be an utter shitshow.

Glee!

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Bieeanshee posted:

Oh dear. A friend just bought me this tonight.

I have no idea what I'm doing, and it's going to be an utter shitshow.

Glee!

:lobcorp:

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

VinnyDonuts posted:

Any sort of abnormality with a stat ceiling (woodsman, scarecrow) instead of a stat floor (blue star, nothing there) is going to be annoying to deal with just because you wind up being punished for having the gall to play the game well and leveling up your agents effectively, never mind the issue of their best work-type being the one that trains the stat you don't want going past a certain point.

They're infuriating if you're blind and your usual tactic is to send your best agents at them because they just breach every time and you don't know what's going on. If you get them early enough, they're both threatening enough to be day-enders. At the very least with scarecrow you can ignore its gimmick by the time you have ALEPH gear - You don't even have to pay attention to the prudence ceiling, it's just a relatively weak abnormality that breaches every time you work it. Meanwhile, the woodsman forces you to respect its gimmick or punishes you with an instant-kill, no matter how good your gear is.

Instant kills are definitely annoying, but it's at least a predictable/avoidable one. I honestly find Nothing There a lot scarier just because he has an instant kill based on random chance, and you can usually avoid it with high enough stats but it's not guaranteed. Usually when I unlock a new abnormality I just throw agents at it until I can unlock enough of its info to learn its deal, regardless of how many times it breaches or kills people in the process, and then just restart the day, so stuff like Woodsman just doesn't feel like that big of a deal.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I honestly find Nothing There a lot scarier just because he has an instant kill based on random chance, and you can usually avoid it with high enough stats but it's not guaranteed.

^This. Love to restart a half hour long workday because I got my best agent killed working in 6% meltdown.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Nothing There doesn't do random insta-kills though?

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

Keldulas posted:

Nothing There doesn't do random insta-kills though?

It instantly kills you if you get a bad work result. Which can randomly happen, even with maxed stats, especially as it begins to overload. In my case most of my best agents had also ended up with a minus success rate E.G.O. gift, which exacerbated things further.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

X-394 is a big facility, full of mysterious creatures known as Abnormalities. Many of these Abnormalities can do very bad things if they're handled improperly, and it's vitally important that our agents know just what may happen if they're careless. What's a manager to do?

Episode 3: Knight of Despair

Music: trailer

Hi! I'm Paul! Just your everyday plucky employee of Lobotomy Cobotomy, here today to talk about Knight of Despair!

Knight of Despair is one of several Magical Girl Abnormalities we can house here at Lobotomy Corporation! Because she's a WAW Abnormality who requires a Good result, we've temporarily buffed up your power levels to match.

My veins are full of ice and my stare could pierce a wall!

We've also gotten you a full team together, to take care of all the research we have to do! Please take note of their Pale resistances.

Tater and Guy are at 1.5x Pale, and Plastic and Zephyr both are at 2x. But why does that matter? I thought Knight of Despair did White damage!

That's because she holds herself back for the people she's sworn to protect!

Amazing!

Now, the first step is to gain her blessing. Do you think you can charm a Magical Girl, Paul?

Gosh golly, I think so, Miss Hod! My mom tells me I'm charming all the time!

She said she wanted to protect me, Miss Hod! I did a good job this time, huh?

You sure did! Her blessing is how she shows her bond!

Wowie! So now what do we do, Miss Hod?

Well Paul, in order to trigger the Knight of Despair's ability her blessed employee has to panic or die.

But without the ability to do works, how am I ever going to manage something like that, Miss Hod?

Don't you worry about that, Paul! We have plenty of options.

Our manager deserves only the best tools to get the job done!

Anyways, once the agent in question has been dealt with, poor Knight of Despair's heart gets broken! She only wanted to protect her dear friend, but yet again her efforts have come to nothing.

Yikes! Looks like she's turned into one of them Yan Deers!

Can you blame her, Paul? If she can't keep her friends safe, why shouldn't she just succumb to her inner darkness and destroy?

Because it doesn't benefit the company, Miss Hod?

Good answer, Paul! Now, let's try suppressing her.

Jiminy willikers, Miss Hod! I was trying to keep the camera on her, but she just stopped moving and teleported!

That's right, Paul! All magical girls can teleport-it's as important a part of their skillset as transforming and fighting evil!

Fighting evil? Does that mean we're the bad guys?

Oh, Paul, you silly goose. Let's watch her attack!

Those swords are really something else!

Oh, they sure are! Those blades each deal Pale damage-not even Welfare Captain Twee is immune to that kind of punch!

She's attacking so fast that she's restoring most of what she loses, though! Miss Hod, I wish that someday I could be as cool as one of the captains… :allears:

That's all about the effort you put into your work, Paul! Not all captains are built of the same stuff, though.

Yowie wowie! Extraction Captain Mizu's sleeping on the job!

It only took three swords for her to be reduced to this-since Knight of Despair deals 50 Pale damage, it can shave anyone to nothing in an instant!

Golly, 50 whole Pale damage? That number sure feels significant, Miss Hod!

That's because it is significant, Paul! Remember that Pale damage is always a percent of the agent's max HP value. Now tell me, what does every E.G.O suit of HE-level or below have in common?

Oh, I know this one, Miss Hod! They make you look really cool!

Not quite, Paul. They all have a 2x Pale modifier.

...And 2 times 50 is 100! That's a lot of damage!

It's more than a lot! Remember your friends from earlier? Let's demonstrate with them.

Crikey, that didn't seem fun! The two in the Firebird suit even died in a single hit each!

That's right! Remember, 100 Pale damage is damage equal to your max HP. You're dead if that touches you! Even the best WAW suits tend to have only a 1.5x resist, which means two hits is enough to kill most of our agents! Remember, if you see her in the hallways-run!

Not that this should ever happen, because our Manager isn't the sort to let protected employees die, right Miss Hod?

Oh, Paul, you silly goose. Don't be ridiculous! Is there anything else you'd like to know while we're wrapping up?

There sure is, Miss Hod! What if I've been having a lot of strange feelings and decided I'd like to try dating an Abnormality? Can they feel love?

That's a good question, Paul! You'd be amazed how often we're asked about it! Any Abnormality capable of expressing rational human thought is capable of feeling all the emotions that come with it. But don't go thinking that means it's okay to go to dinner with Knight of Despair or anything-remember! Abnormalities are dangerous, even on picnics! That's why Lobotomy Corporation has a strict 'no dating' policy between its employees and any Abnormality.

That means that if anyone finds out, you'll be brutally murdered! Assuming the Abnormality doesn't do it first, anyways.

Lobotomy Corporation only hires good boys and girls, everyone! Well, that's all the time we have today. Thanks for joining us! And remember…

Knowledge is just pain plus observation! Have a great day!

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jul 5, 2021

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Wow, that's brutal.

Damanation
Apr 16, 2018

Congratulations!

Does this mean you can date an abnormality if you aren't an employee?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Damanation posted:

Does this mean you can date an abnormality if you aren't an employee?

Well, the last time Punishing Bird was dating another abnormality, it ended Birdly badly. But that probably won't come up again as long as someone wears Apocalypse Bird's gear at all times.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
BCP is so good :allears:

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
These interludes are great.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
I should know this, but how does Pale damage interact with other Abnormality hps? Despair still wouldn’t make a great Abnormality to deliberately unleash to fight another Abnormality, because the teleportation makes it a lot harder to engineer an encounter, but if it does happen, does she do a baseline “half-health” damage to other Abnormalities, modified by their Pale resistance?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Narsham posted:

I should know this, but how does Pale damage interact with other Abnormality hps? Despair still wouldn’t make a great Abnormality to deliberately unleash to fight another Abnormality, because the teleportation makes it a lot harder to engineer an encounter, but if it does happen, does she do a baseline “half-health” damage to other Abnormalities, modified by their Pale resistance?

Much like how white damage doesn’t damage an SP bar and just does normal damage, and Black just does itself normally instead of spreading to both HP/SP, pale also just deals a flat number. She sadly cannot twoshot other abnormalities with 1.0x pale resists, she just deals 50.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Quackles posted:

Well, the last time Punishing Bird was dating another abnormality, it ended Birdly badly. But that probably won't come up again as long as someone wears Apocalypse Bird's gear at all times.
See also: Yin and Yang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I can't wait till Parasite Tree is up for BCP.