Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

What about standup bomb launchers? Or are the fighters too small to take significant damage from bombs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Collateral Damage posted:

What about standup bomb launchers? Or are the fighters too small to take significant damage from bombs?

I'm not sure if they can apply to fighters well or not.

Honestly, I'm not too worried about the details, as long as xttz is still active. Man is a savant with structure mechanics.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER
I guess CCP's idea of a good plex sale is 15% off.

Strongly considering riding that thin line between becoming a whale and buying just enough plex to set up a bunch of reaction duders and a vertically integrated T2 production line.

Oaken Ralph
Nov 23, 2015

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Let’s give them all the faction forts to gently caress off and let us smite TEST

Unimportant not-true-goon line member here: if the Dairy Queen dyson sphere it is to be destroyed, let them do it dying for it.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I'm not sure if they can apply to fighters well or not.

Honestly, I'm not too worried about the details, as long as xttz is still active. Man is a savant with structure mechanics.

Normally, they can't apply short term meaningful damage, if you're paying attention they won't die- in a heavy TiDi server melting hellgrind though? Who knows, :ccp:.

Fighter spam on Citadels was causing ridiculous levels of server lag/TiDi on SiSi when we were testing stuff a few years ago, not sure if that's been improved or not, but we inadvertently killed the node with a ~120 carriers worth of fighters on a Fortizar a few years ago.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Nov 26, 2020

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

Are the Sisi servers as powerful as the production servers?

(Maybe yes, if they pack more systems per server?)

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Stereotype posted:

The main problem with null is all the buildings look the same. Like who cares about another fortizar, it looks identical to the thousands of others. Why does each empire not have their own? All the NPC stations are different. You can’t even put skins on them. Pretty stupid if you ask me

So citadels are bungalows?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

How big are Keepstars? Titans are 18km long according to the internet and keepstars dwarf them.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

notaspy posted:

How big are Keepstars? Titans are 18km long according to the internet and keepstars dwarf them.

162 kilometers tall, 150 kilometers wide according to https://updates.eveonline.com/card/3rxax/keepstar/

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Otacon posted:

162 kilometers tall, 150 kilometers wide according to https://updates.eveonline.com/card/3rxax/keepstar/

lol, "provides a solid base for an Alliance or Coalition headquarters".

How many have you got? 60?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

ryanrs posted:

Are the Sisi servers as powerful as the production servers?

(Maybe yes, if they pack more systems per server?)

If I had to guess, I'm going with 'probably not'.

Testing in question was 4+ years ago, so things may have changed between now and then. I'm just trying to imagine a grid with multiple manned citadels on a grid with a Keepstar all independently doing math to hit a larger than average amount of fighters. poo poo going awry is probably still very plausible.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

notaspy posted:

lol, "provides a solid base for an Alliance or Coalition headquarters".

How many have you got? 60?

apparently. And four on one grid. Right by the gate where Passpi are currently staging. They aren't very clever

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

apparently. And four on one grid. Right by the gate where Passpi are currently staging. They aren't very clever

Why? If your main goal is throwing your allies into a wood chipper to loot the field afterwards I can think of no course of action that'd be more advantageous.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Why? If your main goal is throwing your allies into a wood chipper to loot the field afterwards I can think of no course of action that'd be more advantageous.

It was a ruse all this time to lure all other alliances into the 1dq deathtrap!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://zkillboard.com/kill/88880609/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/88880557/

lol

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Keep squatting next to Goons HQ, Pantesticles! Next time we'll get a penta kill.

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

Jesus Christ stop accepting fleet invites from Boat.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

:owned:

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Boat still have his Gobbins-like-named alts in Pandemic Horde?

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Sneks please rename T5ZI keep to "Contentstar" TIA.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

so where does this fit in Pandapasspi's grand strategy? Slow, smart or methodical?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

so where does this fit in Pandapasspi's grand strategy? Slow, smart or methodical?

"they were big dumb idiot hellfuckers and we're still going to kill goonies"

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

"shiny and chrome"

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

well well well look who recovered their SA account

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

well well well look who recovered their SA account

Always had it, I just lurk too much.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i see u in local dork

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

i see u in local dork

I'm a nerd, not a dork.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Cpt Soban posted:

I'm a nerd, not a dork.

Sure, dork.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Cpt Soban posted:

Always had it, I just lurk too much.

I am glad you’re posting here.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

if we can rehab israd we can rehab infamous shitposting legend cpt soban

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

just gently caress already

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

orange juche posted:

just gently caress already

Ok. FAT32 SHAMER- I'll get the scented candles and rose petals.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

im going to PASS :smug:

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Cpt Soban posted:

"shiny and chrome"

Mediocre!

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

im going to PASS :smug:

¡Ay PAPI!

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

If you're just joining us, here's a fair and unbiased INN article from our battlefield reporter Moomin Amatin that gives a high-level overview of WWB and its actors.

https://imperium.news/glory-gold-and-goalposts/

Nyan Bread fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Nov 27, 2020

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

If you're just joining us, here's a fair and unbiased INN article from our battlefield reporter Moonin Amatin that gives a high-level overview of WWB and its actors.

https://imperium.news/glory-gold-and-goalposts/

that's a pretty good read, especially since I've not taken an interest in null politics all too much in over a year.

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
@ccp so for the drone thing. I dont think you're doing enough. Rats should prioritize drones that are sitting still. You know for when they are done shooting their target THEY CAN GET ABSOLUTELY OBLITERATED while they sit there for five loving seconds while your lovely code responds to pressing f on the next target.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Back on my bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super.Jesus
Oct 20, 2011

Solus posted:

Back on my bullshit

According to the legend, awoxer spy's name was Third Imposter.

I'm amazed this kind of on the nose comedy didn't get called out before.