Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

ODA

YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Starting to think he reads the thread

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

The best panel

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
I didn’t think I’d ever say this but Queen might be my favorite genocidal maniac ever. He has been a delight ever since his introduction

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

If the act 3 closer is everyone in the Flower Capital getting squished in chapter 1000 then that would certainly be something.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Yessss Zoro is done with this poo poo.

DizzyBum posted:

Also this all but confirms that Kaido is a dragon that ate a devil fruit. God drat.

Not until we see how the official release phrases it, at least.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

We still don’t know who brought Mochi girl and her animal friends.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Ethiser posted:

We still don’t know who brought Mochi girl and her animal friends.

She stowed away on an enemy ship, and likely used her mochi to make them take her to Onigashima. Not much to extrapolate from that.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I guess that bad Sanji scene from the start of the chapter was to lower your expectations for the rest of it so you could be extra blown away

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Nov 27, 2020

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Julias posted:

I just want to reiterate again that there is a new official spoiler policy. Use spoiler tags for discussion of the latest chapter before the official English translation release.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
How do I keep loving that up

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

I'm just glad it wasn't Sanji making horndog faces cause he wanted to peep, but instead thought that a woman was genuinely in danger. I thought it was an okay character moment, but we'll see how it goes with Black Maria.

That Zoro moment was super great and made such a good pay off for him weirdly mucking around with mooks for the last 4 or so chapters.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
am i being an idiot or something or do i not SEE the cloud that is being used to raise onigashima? it looks like its just floating up magically from the sea to me? am i not supposed to see the cloud?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

tbp posted:

am i being an idiot or something or do i not SEE the cloud that is being used to raise onigashima? it looks like its just floating up magically from the sea to me? am i not supposed to see the cloud?

It's these thin wispy ones, like in traditional illustrations of eastern dragons.

The Sanji stuff this chapter was totally fine, people are getting outraged over what they thought was happening last week. He got tricked trying to RESCUE SOMEONE not because he was horny, you idiots.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Begemot posted:

It's these thin wispy ones, like in traditional illustrations of eastern dragons.

The Sanji stuff this chapter was totally fine, people are getting outraged over what they thought was happening last week. He got tricked trying to RESCUE SOMEONE not because he was horny, you idiots.

Why can't it be both? I think the horniness is still the main motivator, it's not like he jumps at saving dudes in trouble

Somebody fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Nov 27, 2020

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
Except in punk hazard when he saved a dude for nothing (and did it without the stealth black suit because spoilers are impossible)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Nov 27, 2020

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Sanji grouses about saving dudes and is rude to them but he still obviously does all the time

Somebody fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Nov 27, 2020

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Last warning about tagging spoilers. Next time I have to do it you're getting probated on top of it.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Oof sorry, still a little groggy from coming out of a food coma

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Begemot posted:

big katana......... big hat !!

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

kaido is a dragon that ate the giant giant fruit

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Paper Lion posted:

kaido is a dragon that ate the giant giant fruit
What happens if a dragon that has the human fruit: model Oni has a child with a human? Does that create a whole weird fusion of Dragon/Human/Oni children?

:thunk:

I think honestly the only thing holding back Kaido is actually a dragon is that Chopper ate a human fruit already and his Human form doesn’t look much like a Human other than silhouette. Kaido is massive but actually looks like a One Piece style human

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

RealFoxy posted:

What happens if a dragon that has the human fruit: model Oni has a child with a human? Does that create a whole weird fusion of Dragon/Human/Oni children?

:thunk:

I think honestly the only thing holding back Kaido is actually a dragon is that Chopper ate a human fruit already and his Human form doesn’t look much like a Human other than silhouette. Kaido is massive but actually looks like a One Piece style human

Chopper might have eaten the Human Human Fruit:Model Yeti, and we just didn’t know it. I always figured that Chopper’s fruit wasn’t baseline human, considering the thematics of being a monster that always happened and how big and bulky his full human form is for a child/teenager. Monster Point is even one of the ultimate expressions of his fruit’s morphology.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I thought the joke of Chopper looking “Human” was that Zoans don’t look right to the actual animals the fruit represent, like some one who ate the Raindeer fruit would look super weird and not right to Chopper.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Ethiser posted:

I thought the joke of Chopper looking “Human” was that Zoans don’t look right to the actual animals the fruit represent, like some one who ate the Raindeer fruit would look super weird and not right to Chopper.
Yeah but if Kaido was a dragon with a human fruit, he’d look a lot weirder than he does now. As far as humans go in One Piece, he looks fairly normal.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i dont really think kaido is a dragon mainly because i can't square away in my head yamato if that is the case

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Human form x human = human with some dragon horns

Also half dragon kids are a staple of fantasy anyhow sooooo

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Yamato is a horned human in appearance, the same as Kaido, we just haven't seen him transform. He could easily be a dragon or half-dragon.

I'm also curious about Black Maria, who has the same kind of horns. Also a dragon? Possibly an oni? Potentially Yamato's mother?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Yamato is a horned human in appearance, the same as Kaido, we just haven't seen him transform. He could easily be a dragon or half-dragon.

I'm also curious about Black Maria, who has the same kind of horns. Also a dragon? Possibly an oni? Potentially Yamato's mother?
The horned people seem to be a whole sub-race, they were also at Impel Down

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Beautiful timing considering some of ya'll were calling Yamato stronger than Zoro. Which I'm still not sold on.

That was one dense chapter too. Felt like almost two chapters honestly.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Black Maria is sadly 26, so not Yamato's mother which was also my theory. Probably the same horned Oni race as Yamato and Kaido though.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Finishing up Fishman Island and huh, it really is better when you binge it. Mostly because the draggy parts don’t drag anywhere near as much as it seems like just reading week to week. Still feels kinda contrived that Luffy has to fight with a handicap instead of just sending Zoro to do it in like a minute, that part only really feels weaker on a reread since he doesn’t whip out G4 even though the handicap is screwing him out of a lot of damage.

Also in the long line of Oda Does It Again, I remembered Zoro saying “go ahead and feed me razor blades Nosebleed, I wanna see if I can digest them” but not that he mentions poison too, and sure enough 200+ chapters later hobo vagabond Zoro spends a week eating poison food and drinking poison water by accident.

Demonicpoodle
Jul 9, 2012

Something inside me calls out passionately to the landscape I saw - the end of the sea of corruption to which you led me.
This loving manga guys.

The Kaido event is by far the biggest highlight of the chapter to me. Just an IMMENSE demonstration of strength. Kaido is lifting up an entire island SEEMINGLY WITH NO FOCUS ON EVEN DOING IT. And he most likely defeated most or all of the Scabbards before it. He's been jumping up my villain list so fast, I really do think he's my favorite now and we haven't even gotten to his flashback which is sure to be one of the most intriguing in the series. His motivation is so loving metal too, "I want the entire world to be at war, stop boring me, mortals."

The Zoro stuff was also really good. And Chopper gets another desperately needed moment, Wano is boosting up so many things that needed boosting post-timeskip. Oda basically never forgets, he just puts stuff on the backburner until he wants to give it focus. Has that been done for too long sometimes? Oh absolutely in my opinion, but things will always come back.

The Sanji stuff was ehhh. I liked Black Maria.

Overall I'm still gonna put this at a 9.5/10, very high caliber content. 10/10 is like Luffy damaging Kaido or something like that.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.

Demonicpoodle posted:

Just an IMMENSE demonstration of strength. Kaido is lifting up an entire island SEEMINGLY WITH NO FOCUS ON EVEN DOING IT.
The Birdcage, blah blah blah...

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
At least with a Yonkou, I don’t have a problem believing it!

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Demonicpoodle posted:

This loving manga guys.

The Zoro stuff was also really good. And Chopper gets another desperately needed moment, Wano is boosting up so many things that needed boosting post-timeskip. Oda basically never forgets, he just puts stuff on the backburner until he wants to give it focus. Has that been done for too long sometimes? Oh absolutely in my opinion, but things will always come back.

This is whats going on with Robin. Everyone loves to say that Oda never gives her anything to do but I think its really clear shes going to be important at the end when the poneglyphs start to get more focus. As Oda kept introducing more things to extend the plot like the Shichibukai the period of Robins seeming irrelevence has been getting longer and longer. Shes super ready to get back in the Important Character spotlight though, its coming!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Kaidou is incredibly selling this one. Hes been hyped up to hell and weve just seen while hes been cut it hasnt actually affected him

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind

Real Cool Catfish posted:

we've seen him fly before and it can't just seemingly be stopped by haki swords so its way less of an asspull

Demonicpoodle
Jul 9, 2012

Something inside me calls out passionately to the landscape I saw - the end of the sea of corruption to which you led me.

XkyRauh posted:

The Birdcage, blah blah blah...

For me the difference is, with Doflamingo I felt like he never should've been able to do that. The only way, to me, those strings should've been basically unbreakable is if they were coated in Haki unless I'm severely misunderstanding something about strings, I'm no string connoisseur.
And if they were coated in Haki, that should've drained Doflamingo's Haki reserves very fast. All of that with him not focusing on it either.

With Kaido, the guy's literally just so physically strong, and has the mythical power to do it, that it works for me.
Not only that, there's even a precedent for him being able to do this about 300 chapters ago! A dragon producing clouds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
obviously kiado is a dragon that ate the dragon fruit and one ability of mythical dragons is to turn into a human