Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
Fish is not considered meat for the purposes of kashrut. Non-Jews aren’t morally required to keep kashrut so there’s nothing non-halakhic about it in any case. The only dietary commandment that is “universal” is the Noahide law not to eat an animal alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

ekuNNN posted:

:hai:

Sub-Comandante Marcos of the ELZN taking off his mask:

i love this so loving much

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

its weird how there's still a sizeable chunk of users on this very forum who insist gamergate was just about ethics in gaming journalism and characterizing it as a bigoted reactionary harassment campaign is unfair just because of a few bad apples.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I thought it was just a "snooty cuisine says you shouldn't pair fish and cheese" => "haha the thought police can't control me" kind of thing

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Data Graham posted:

I thought it was just a "snooty cuisine says you shouldn't pair fish and cheese" => "haha the thought police can't control me" kind of thing

No, he just legitimately thinks that his inability to cook edible food despite being nearly 40 is owning anyone other than him.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Neon Noodle posted:

Fish is not considered meat for the purposes of kashrut. Non-Jews aren’t morally required to keep kashrut so there’s nothing non-halakhic about it in any case. The only dietary commandment that is “universal” is the Noahide law not to eat an animal alive.

It always strikes me how complicated and contradictory the kashrut laws are. Tangentially related:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUT8ubNAr0M

Context: Baby Ryan Gosling is playing a Jewish neo-Nazi, and no one in his cadre of skinheads knows.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

The Chairman posted:

he hasn't thought about it nearly that deeply, he operates on a worldview where the only reason someone would make fun of him or think poorly of him is because he successfully rattled them with his conservative punk lifestyle and inconvenient truths, so he does as many baffling or weird things as possible to maximize the number of people mocking him

also dairy and fish is one of those borderline things that most sects agree is OK but some restrict or forbid

Neon Noodle posted:

maybe I was thinking of shellfish

anyway, a hundred times better to discuss the minutia of Jewish religious law than think about pajamas watson for even one more second

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Kanine posted:

its weird how there's still a sizeable chunk of users on this very forum who insist gamergate was just about ethics in gaming journalism and characterizing it as a bigoted reactionary harassment campaign is unfair just because of a few bad apples.

A gamergate is a type of ant you dumbass

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Data Graham posted:

There are a shitload of things like pre-made fishcakes with cheese sauce fillings, frozen fish meals with toppings involving cheese, etc in supermarkets over here, even posh supermarkets. First example that occurred to me: https://www.thesaucyfishco.com/range/index.html

It's completely loving incomprehensible except as a "say random crap thing triggers libs and people will notice me yay!"

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Kanine posted:

there's also the contingent of weirdos who insist that gamergate is NOT a real thing, it was NEVER a real thing, and by the way it's totally normal to hate that bitch Anita Sarkeesian, she's just stirring up trouble for page views

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Kanine posted:

click the link

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Subjunctive posted:

click the link

yeah i know i clicked it before i replied, i wanted to say what i said regardless

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Kanine posted:

What? I thought everyone on SA (aside from a few trolls and some GBS chuds) agreed that it was a bigoted reactionary harassment campaign

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Feldegast42 posted:

What? I thought everyone on SA (aside from a few trolls and some GBS chuds) agreed that it was a bigoted reactionary harassment campaign

no you see, those women were asking for it by posting so they knew what they were getting into

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Would everybody please just shut the gently caress up about a tedious derail that had ended 3 days ago

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

When I first heard that gamer gate was the birthplace of the alt right it seemed stupid as gently caress but then I realized alt righters and gamergaters are also stupid as gently caress

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

"alt right" is literally just short for "far right but only because videogames sometimes have protagonists that aren't white cishet men now"

Dumper Humper
Jul 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Its Coke posted:

if you're constantly coming up with rhetorical justifications for why someone's not a person and imagining their blood running down your wrists BUT you're not even killing them IRL, that's basically edging without ever cumming

But when you nut it's going to take out a passing plane.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

that was from like ten pages ago. I hate Its Coke's posting too but can we please enable them less

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Quote-Unquote posted:

"alt right" is literally just short for "far right but only because videogames sometimes have protagonists that aren't white cishet men now"

i love ppl screeching that video games are "too political" these days when video games have spent most of my life telling me that the only valid, or even possible, viewpoint is that of the straight white macho man

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Foo Diddley posted:

i love ppl screeching that video games are "too political" these days when video games have spent most of my life telling me that the only valid, or even possible, viewpoint is that of the straight white macho man

That's not political that's just neutral! :downs:

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo
my wife shaved my head today and it was a freeing experience.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Everyone shut the gently caress up about gamergate thanks

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

when you really think about it, Gamergate is about more than just ethics in video games journalism

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Filthy Hans posted:

when you really think about it, Gamergate is about more than just ethics in video games journalism

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

brugroffil posted:

Everyone shut the gently caress up about gamergate thanks

i stand defiant against your antics. you'd better ante up. i cannot countenantce shutting up about gamergates.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Filthy Hans posted:

hosed up if true

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Public broadcaster asking the tough questions: "A knee on the neck and a swastika tattoo on the leg. Is the motive racist?"

Their conclusion and the conclusion of the prosecutor: No.

The article it's from even has the defense attorney likening the BLM reaction to a medieval lynching.

His client tortured a black man to death for nearly an hour.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

SplitSoul posted:

Public broadcaster asking the tough questions: "A knee on the neck and a swastika tattoo on the leg. Is the motive racist?"

Their conclusion and the conclusion of the prosecutor: No.

The article it's from even has the defense attorney likening the BLM reaction to a medieval lynching.

His client tortured a black man to death for nearly an hour.

Going a long, long way to prove that their society hasn't got a problem with racist violence, I guess.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
it honestly doesnt surprise me at all morons like destiny think LovelyPeaches is real (dont google her if you can). LovelyPeaches is proof of how damaging Fake News and all types of disinformation can do to peoples brains

:siren: REPLIES TO A POTENTIALLY NSFW IMAGE :siren:

https://twitter.com/jjrbrbacari/status/1280850794594439168

https://twitter.com/Pepsiisgood1/status/1282541670173532162

why do people continue to think this person is real? for fucks sake she literally just had a song that went viral on TikTok , and people STILL think that shes some sort of murderer at large. Someone spread some bullshit rumor that the FBI confirmed that she didnt have her child despite the fact the loving FBI doesn't work like that

candleinadarkroom, the only source the FBI rumor came from posted:

Holy poo poo guys, we freakin did it!!!! 😭😭 I just received some phone calls, text messages and confirmation from @childrensriot that baby Cora has been rescued and is safe from lovely peaches! @thesalvationfoundation also confirmed this information. The FBI has ensured that Peaches will no longer have access to hurting Cora or any other children. She is being prosecuted and will pay for what she has done!! I seriously cannot think everyone enough! I can’t believe because of all of us that have been fighting and using our voice & platforms for Cora, she’s now safe!! This could not have happened without all of you, so I seriously cannot thank you enough! This includes all influencers like @kiborman & others with large and small platforms, who shared the videos & info. Our voices are finally being heard. As a survivor I have felt alone in this fight for so long and I no longer feel that way. I’m honestly in shock & over the moon with everything I just found out! WE saved that little girl!! I don’t know why Peaches said she died cuz that is not true. Some are also saying Peaches didn’t have custody, but I’m trying to confirm that. With the recent pics & video, Peaches had access to cora somehow & she was in danger. Myself & CIADR (:tinfoil:) will continue to fight for kids like Cora! I’m still looking into going to the court hearing if I can (cuz of COVID) to make sure she never has the opportunity to hurt another child! Her social media accounts have been deleted from TikTok and Instagram as well!! PLEASE, let’s not stop fighting for justice for children like Cora. We’re the only voice they have! The fight has only started so let’s keep fighting. I freakin love all of you and I’m SO grateful for the kind messages & support I have received! Thank you, thank you! Again, these results were cuz of ALL who have been sharing & talking about this. We will have the report with more info in about 10 days. Please keep following CIADR & supporting our purpose in helping survivors, cuz we can’t do this alone! It takes many organizations and groups of people to make a difference in the world! 😭❤️🙏🏽🙌🏽 SHARE this post so everyone knows!! I will update as updates come.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Race Realists posted:

it honestly doesnt surprise me at all morons like destiny think LovelyPeaches is real (dont google her if you can). LovelyPeaches is proof of how damaging Fake News and all types of disinformation can do to peoples brains

:siren: REPLIES TO A POTENTIALLY NSFW IMAGE :siren:

https://twitter.com/jjrbrbacari/status/1280850794594439168

https://twitter.com/Pepsiisgood1/status/1282541670173532162

why do people continue to think this person is real? for fucks sake she literally just had a song that went viral on TikTok , and people STILL think that shes some sort of murderer at large. Someone spread some bullshit rumor that the FBI confirmed that she didnt have her child despite the fact the loving FBI doesn't work like that

wat

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
im just really really loving tired of idiots on my FB posting this poo poo and spreading outright lies (the video of her "beating" a child was revealed to be edited from an entirely separate video).

im so, so tired of her

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Race Realists posted:

im just really really loving tired of idiots on my FB posting this poo poo and spreading outright lies (the video of her "beating" a child was revealed to be edited from an entirely separate video).

im so, so tired of her

I don’t know if this is a copypasta or not but dude who the gently caress are you friends with/what groups are you in??

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

LovelyPeaches is some sort of edgy internet personality dumb people think is real. she claimed to do Very Bad Things to her child, animal abuse and other things yet people still seem convinced she's this criminal mastermind who manages to evade capture by the authorities everytime.

she relies off of outraged rubes reposting her on various social media platforms and it works evertime.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I don’t know if this is a copypasta or not but dude who the gently caress are you friends with/what groups are you in??

easily gullible people with kids (my grade school classmates in particular) but this type of stuff seems taylor made to trigger boomers of the qanon variety

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 19:09 on Nov 28, 2020

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Facebook?

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

I’d like to go back to five minutes ago before i had ever heard of any of this

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

of course. she had several IG accounts and a TikTok account that got banned, despite having a large following and a song that went viral.

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 19:16 on Nov 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 37 minutes!