Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

What the gently caress, you touched the poop and something amazing happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

What the gently caress, you touched the poop and something amazing happened

All I did was order a lasagna.

Apparently they liked my note too.
Mneowww indeed.

Edit: Oh re-reading this, that explains what the blocked call I got was right before Nathen called me. They had caller ID blocked so my call screening app silenced it.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Nov 26, 2020

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Frank Frank posted:

It's also worth noting that although the Garfsagna is listed as its own item on the store page, there is a permanent "ORDER ONLINE LASAGNA" button embedded at the top of the page no matter where you navigate on-site along with a button that ominously reads "DONATE SICKKIDS"

Just to clear this up - "Sick Kids" is a big pediatric hospital in downtown Toronto.

However, if Nathan is willing to let me donate a sick child directly to him then I would be entergaged as gently caress

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Showed this to the wife and she said she wants to quit her job and become a Happiness Manager.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

drat horror queefs posted:

Just to clear this up - "Sick Kids" is a big pediatric hospital in downtown Toronto.

However, if Nathan is willing to let me donate a sick child directly to him then I would be entergaged as gently caress

Well, where do you think he gets the "beef" for the lasagnas?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Detective Thompson posted:

Well, where do you think he gets the "beef" for the lasagnas?

This is now canon

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Sick Kids might be a legit Toronto medical institution, but SICKKIDS is Nathen's devious Soylent Green-esque harvesting program.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
In any food service establishment a Happiness Manager is just the guy who busts all the employees balls and is no fun to work with or be around. “If the business isn’t making as much money as I think it should then these assholes must be doing something to gently caress it up”

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
Lemme tell you something; if Papa Johns fucks up my order I don’t get a personal call from Papa John. Nathen though, he’s a different type of business man.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Mneowww!

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
It’s also kinda weird that Nathen has employees right - let alone a happiness manager?

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Every company has a happiness manager, though...?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Every company has a happiness manager, though...?

What

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I'm pretty sure that's just him, same with the weird Garfield Eats news blog posts, and the positive Google reviews. He's creating a whole world with its own complex storytelling and cast of characters, a Garfield Extended Universe if you will

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Who's the Happiness Manager of Something Awful Dot Com LLC?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

CodfishCartographer posted:

Who's the Happiness Manager of Something Awful Dot Com LLC?

It’s me. Are you not entertaged?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
drat I could use a happiness manager

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Frank Frank posted:

It’s also kinda weird that Nathen has employees right - let alone a happiness manager?

It's probably some guy in India replying to emails with templates, if he exists at all.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

It's probably some guy in India replying to emails with templates, if he exists at all.

Yeah, I bet it's just Nathen himself. I would imagine he is propping up a one man Lasagna scheme on his tiny shoulders and that's kinda inspiring.. But then again it's daddy's money and he is insane

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Legally, you can't run a business without a happiness manager. Like, you can't even open an Etsy shop or have a yard sale or whatever without an appointed member from the National Department of Joy. I really wish you guys would learn the basics of business before attempting "digs" against Nathen and his company when he's actually doing it correctly.

Haulin Oates
Nov 11, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Legally, you can't run a business without a happiness manager. Like, you can't even open an Etsy shop or have a yard sale or whatever without an appointed member from the National Department of Joy. I really wish you guys would learn the basics of business before attempting "digs" against Nathen and his company when he's actually doing it correctly.

TIL something new about Canada.

Edit
I really wish I had heard of this place before the pandemic, I live like an hour from Toronto on the US side. I totally would've made a day trip to Canada and try this place as part of the package.

Haulin Oates fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Nov 27, 2020

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Haulin Oates posted:

TIL something new about Canada.

Edit
I really wish I had heard of this place before the pandemic, I live like an hour from Toronto on the US side. I totally would've made a day trip to Canada and try this place as part of the package.

why

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

The evergreen answer: 'for the forums'

Haulin Oates
Nov 11, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Because it was there. And Toronto is decent, it would've made for a nice excuse to just go up there and do stuff

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Nathen Mazri should get into the novelty pop-up restaurant business, if nothing else he has a gift for inspiring internet people to take pilgrimages and spend ludicrous amounts of money on lovely food just for the experience.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Yeah, I bet it's just Nathen himself. I would imagine he is propping up a one man Lasagna scheme on his tiny shoulders and that's kinda inspiring.. But then again it's daddy's money and he is insane

You forgot to mention "and there's probably a money laundering scheme involved somewhere", you silly forgetful person!

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

Sad news folks, I just got off the phone with Nathen who called me to let me know he cannot ship a lasagna to Maryland and that he has refunded my order. I almost didn’t pick up the phone due to the 514 area code, then realized that’s Montreal and immediately answered. He was apologetic, but has no plans to open a Garfield Eats in the US.

Oh well, you tried, well done.

Maybe it's time to start a GoFundMe for a small refrigerated truck to load up with garfsagnas and deliver them to reward select goon donators across the U.S. A $10,000 funding goal ought to cover it, and might be successful if enough U.S. goons skip Christmas.... or celebrate it only with the gift of a large cartoon cat branded lasagna.

Surely this project could be as successful in it's own way as Doobie's Doghouse. Maybe it would encourage Nathan to Garfranchise.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

under no circumstances is anyone supposed to set up a gofundme for/give money in any way outside of purchasing items he has listed in legal venues to Nathen Mazri.

Unless this Garfield truck remains in a US goon's hands. What I'm thinking is u order a garfsagna and some garfsangria and pick it up at the border and then deliver it from there. This driver should be paid 300 000 dollars a year for doing very important work.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I was willing to pay $42.00 for a garfsagna and a nathen-drawn Garfield cartoon alluding to Jon’s dog cum addiction, but that’s about the limit of what I’m willing to spend.

The silver lining here I guess is that I got to talk with Nathen briefly (wish I had been more prepared, I certainly did not expect him to call me) and I got that hilarious email without having to spend a dime.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Frank Frank posted:

I was willing to pay $42.00 for a garfsagna and a nathen-drawn Garfield cartoon alluding to Jon’s dog cum addiction, but that’s about the limit of what I’m willing to spend.

The silver lining here I guess is that I got to talk with Nathen briefly (wish I had been more prepared, I certainly did not expect him to call me) and I got that hilarious email without having to spend a dime.

Yeah normally you have to pay 99 cents for him to even text you.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Please do not roll around in the poop, jfc

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
If anyone who is in Ontario and wants to order a lasagna or buy an overpriced face mask, you can use G-CODE FEEDME2 for 15% off your gorder.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
He loved me, and fed me, but then he left me. :smith:

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

The garf giveth and the garf taketh away

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I apologize for garfailing.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

I apologize for garfailing.

You really Arbuckled it up!

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Go forth and Garf no more

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I'm Garfing right now and let me tell you, it feels GREAT.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Garfield Ate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Et in garfadia ego