Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

DoubleDonut posted:

the elizabeth warren campaign ending with her being blacklisted by Joe Biden's transition team

She really was a perfect example of a useful idiot, huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
the only reason joe biden was obamas VP pick was because israel didn't trust obama (black) and biden has always been their loyal slave

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Trump bragging about how humble he is.

The professor holding a course on humility and assigning as required reading mostly his own works.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Liz Boo!nig

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
you know that Warren is a blue senator in a red state where the governor would get to pick a replacement right LOL

She was going to stay in the Senate

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Pick posted:

you know that Warren is a blue senator in a red state where the governor would get to pick a replacement right LOL

counterpoint: she's a lifelong republican

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Pick posted:

Doesn't MA require a special election pretty soon after a senate vacancy? Which makes the Warren dumpstering even funnier, as the Biden camp didn't even bother researching past "oh they'll just appoint a Republican senator and we lose the seat"

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Pick posted:

lmao what? I mean I get that Mass has a republican governor but it's not a "red state" by any measure

gay_crimes posted:

Doesn't MA require a special election pretty soon after a senate vacancy? Which makes the Warren dumpstering even funnier, as the Biden camp didn't even bother researching past "oh they'll just appoint a Republican senator and we lose the seat"

Yeah. They did that when Romney was their governor I think

Anyway, it was super funny when Warren decided to do a high-tech paper bag test on herself so she didn't need to apologize for Pow Wow Chow and Dolezaling her way up the higher ed career ladder

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I thought I read that the Massachusetts legislature can override gubernatorial Senate appointments with a supermajority, which Democrats have.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

lmao I forgot about that

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Bloodeye Joe

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Didn't pence have one too

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Pick posted:

she’s staying in the senate because there’s no job offer anywhere else because nobody likes her. Also she’s going to get primaried in 2024

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Also she’s going to get primaried in 2024

Successfully, by a clone of Joe Manchin.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Of the major players in the 2020 election (so not like, Inslee), Warren is pretty much the biggest loser, even moreso than Trump.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Tulip posted:

Of the major players in the 2020 election (so not like, Inslee), Warren is pretty much the biggest loser, even moreso than Trump.

We should have known she'd lose from the very beginning. She failed the "would I want to drink a beer with her" challenge

Even her own husband didn't want to drink a beer with her

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
red-cobtrolled is what I meant by the governor who appoints

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

HashtagGirlboss posted:

still one of my favorites
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1084647050208333825?s=20

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

HashtagGirlboss posted:

We should have known she'd lose from the very beginning. She failed the "would I want to drink a beer with her" challenge

Of course he is there! It's his house!

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

the sheer humiliation of being legitimately burned by trump of all people.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Necrothatcher posted:

the sheer humiliation of being legitimately burned by trump of all people.

don't forget buttigieg https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/10/trump-pete-buttigieg-nickname-1317460

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Pick posted:

And as pointed out it doesn't really matter because they'll have a special election within a few months and +1 R isn't going to matter much anyway, unless you think the MA Dem party will Coakley it up again, which is also a very thread appropriate memory.

Bottom line, if Biden wanted her, she'd get a cabinet spot

Nobody wants her

It's very funny

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

cobtrolled is what happens when anyone takes you seriously

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Remember when Bernie wrote an essay on how hosed up sex and sexuality can be and idiots who hadn't read more than a couple sentences thought he wrote about how rape is cool and good

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Pick posted:

then why did she run for loving president, pick

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

paul_soccer12 posted:

counterpoint: she's a lifelong republican

https://twitter.com/AdamFriedland/status/1219077889121050625

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.
I wonder if Gamestop ever got their business license back in pennsylvania

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Ayin posted:

I wonder if Gamestop ever got their business license back in pennsylvania

From that link

quote:

UPDATE from 3/22: A spokesperson from Gamestop has reached out to DualShockers to provide clarification. Gamestop “closed stores in PA to comply with the state’s mandate to ensure the safety of our customers and associates, not because we lost our permit license.”

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy
Buh????

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I
REALLY
DON'T
CARE
DO U?

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

frankenfreak posted:

I
REALLY
DON'T
CARE
DO U?

that one really incensed me at the time but looking back, i mean she kinda had a point, none of the shrieking libs gave a poo poo when the obiden-bama administration was building concentration camps and ratcheting up deportations or overthrowing democratically elected governments in central america

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

IAMKOREA posted:

that one really incensed me at the time but looking back, i mean she kinda had a point, none of the shrieking libs gave a poo poo when the obiden-bama administration was building concentration camps and ratcheting up deportations or overthrowing democratically elected governments in central america

COrrect. Nobody in this forum cares about them either, including you

Draadnagel
Jul 16, 2011

..zoekend naar draadnagels bij laag tij.

what brain worms led to this performative wank?

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Algund Eenboom posted:

COrrect. Nobody in this forum cares about them either, including you

i'm no willem van spronsen (rip) that's for sure

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot
Chris matthews genuinely thinking he was going to be publicly executed if sanders won (which would've ruled)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Brian Williams and the RPG story.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 22 minutes!

Platystemon posted:

Brian Williams and the RPG story.

iirc, this wasn't the first time brian williams was caught in a lie

he still has a job though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
don’t worry, Malcolm Gladwell dedicated at least a hundred hours of mental masturbation to telling his podcast listeners why memory is useless and mutable, and made “Free Brian Williams” a mantra