Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Vargs posted:

It's very good, especially with Venti. Wonderful for mining as well if you don't use anybody who wields a claymore.

:mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

getting the AOE normals from C1 i think makes her just straight better for mining than anyone else, as a former claymore miner

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
Also can I just say that this limited event was seriously some major work and a huge step up from the crucible that came before it. An entire story utilizing multiple playable characters, fully voice acted with a cliffhanger conclusion that feeds into the next main update, and a fun co-op event that gave exceedingly resin-efficient rewards. I'm just sad that new players will never get to experience it when its gone.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

they'll add an event replay mode at some point, its just a bad use of resources so close to launch so usually games don't add them for a while.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I feel like I may have asked something like this before, but is there a good way to know when your party members' have skills off cool-down? It's obviously simple to just switch to them when their bursts are ready, but I don't exactly have a perfect mental clock that can keep track of this stuff (and using skills generates elemental orbs to use bursts, so it seems important). Do people generally just use both the skill and burst when the burst is ready?

The Crusher posted:

Also can I just say that this limited event was seriously some major work and a huge step up from the crucible that came before it. An entire story utilizing multiple playable characters, fully voice acted with a cliffhanger conclusion that feeds into the next main update, and a fun co-op event that gave exceedingly resin-efficient rewards. I'm just sad that new players will never get to experience it when its gone.

I imagine they'll probably have re-runs at some point.

It is a nice sign of things to come, though I kind of figured the events would get better given what I've seen from HI3 (which isn't much, but it obviously has events that are more involved than the crucible one or the one with the Liyue merchant guy).

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I noticed some of the puzzles seemed to have got reset from the 1.1 patch or something. I have found both a fire totem puzzle and two of those earth crystal pillar puzzles that were not lit, in a somewhat travelled area where it would make sense that they were already done. I complete it again and no chest appears, making me think I already did it.

Also, is the only benefit of the AR45 talent book domain over the AR40 the chance for gold books to drop? I just used a condensed resin on AR45 and got 4 green books and 4 blue books. I feel like I would typically get something like 4 green books and 6 blue books on the AR40 one so I am not sure if I just got a low roll or I somehow missed a gold book that dropped somewhere. The ice talent book one is gating the majority of my characters, and it is kind of a pain at AR45, was kind of hoping for better rewards.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Pain of Mind posted:

I noticed some of the puzzles seemed to have got reset from the 1.1 patch or something. I have found both a fire totem puzzle and two of those earth crystal pillar puzzles that were not lit, in a somewhat travelled area where it would make sense that they were already done. I complete it again and no chest appears, making me think I already did it.

Also, is the only benefit of the AR45 talent book domain over the AR40 the chance for gold books to drop? I just used a condensed resin on AR45 and got 4 green books and 4 blue books. I feel like I would typically get something like 4 green books and 6 blue books on the AR40 one so I am not sure if I just got a low roll or I somehow missed a gold book that dropped somewhere. The ice talent book one is gating the majority of my characters, and it is kind of a pain at AR45, was kind of hoping for better rewards.

Some puzzles have totems that only stay lit temporarily I think, so it might just be one of those. IIRC there's a wind totem somewhere north of Mondstadt (maybe on one of those islands) that temporarily makes wind rings if you light it up, but doesn't stay lit.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
Is anyone else noticing items falling through the earth a lot this patch? I have lost about 4-5 random green items from chests that just get stuck under the ground so I can't reach them to pick them up. I tried to submit an in game issue feedback thing but it doesn't concern any of the paid content so I guess the system doesn't care.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Ytlaya posted:

Some puzzles have totems that only stay lit temporarily I think, so it might just be one of those. IIRC there's a wind totem somewhere north of Mondstadt (maybe on one of those islands) that temporarily makes wind rings if you light it up, but doesn't stay lit.

Sorry, totems was the wrong word since those are a separate thing in game, I meant the fire/earth braziers that do seem to stay permanently lit and tend to spawn a chest when you light all of them. I found at least 2 sets of earth ones and one fire one that did not spawn a chest when lit, and were in areas that I know I explored previously, and it seems very unlikely they were missed since you can see them from far away.

Also, are there any online maps where you can sort chests by the method of gaining the chest? I am assuming I have found almost every chest that are out in the field (either just sitting out or with the red "lock" where you need to kill the guys guarding it), or that has an obvious puzzle associated with it such as pressure plates, totems or breakable rocks.

It feels like the majority of chests I am likely missing are:
Pick group of vegetables out in the field (probably ran past a bunch until I realized some of them spawn a chest)
Kill group of guys/one big guy at which point a chest spawns
Dig or other low visual information that something is there

An example I found this morning was all of the dendro slimes by the big corrupted tree. I was trying to use my treasure searcher item there but couldn't because they kept aggroing, so I killed them all and a chest spawned. If there was a way to sort chests by whether they start on the map or a trigger is needed to spawn them it would remove a ton of clutter on the map to better find them without needed to go to every chest and checking them off 1 by 1.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Nov 27, 2020

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Corla Plankun posted:

Is anyone else noticing items falling through the earth a lot this patch? I have lost about 4-5 random green items from chests that just get stuck under the ground so I can't reach them to pick them up. I tried to submit an in game issue feedback thing but it doesn't concern any of the paid content so I guess the system doesn't care.

I've definitely noticed green indicators sticking out next to chests after looting, which didn't give a pickup highlight. It's hard to say whether it's a visual artifact or really an item I could have picked up. Only happens on PS4 though, PC is fine.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Osmosisch posted:

I've definitely noticed green indicators sticking out next to chests after looting, which didn't give a pickup highlight. It's hard to say whether it's a visual artifact or really an item I could have picked up. Only happens on PS4 though, PC is fine.

I have seen this on PC.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
I've had one green loot get stuck in the ground unlootable and one time where loot fell to the bottom of the water instead of float or spawn on land. It's been pretty tolerable, but I can see someone getting annoyed if it happens to something like a 5* artifact.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010
I just wish all mobs dropped loot.

I see some daily commissions drop, but other don't..

Quest enemies usually doesn't drop anything.
The mobs guarding the crystals on the map, didn't drop anything, so i just ran past them and snagged the crystal.

I think the game would be a lot more fun if all mobs, wherever, dropped, even in domains.

just a rant about the effort to find loot i guess.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Trihugger posted:

I've had one green loot get stuck in the ground unlootable and one time where loot fell to the bottom of the water instead of float or spawn on land. It's been pretty tolerable, but I can see someone getting annoyed if it happens to something like a 5* artifact.

If you drown yourself sunken loot reappears either at the surface or back on land.

No idea if it works for loot that falls through the world or into cracks you can't get through. Try it if there is swimmable water nearby.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
so how do you actually use ningguang? her basic attacks are weird, because she'll do sort of "fine" white damage occasionally but most of the time the numbers that pop up are yellow, and puny. charged attacks are a bit better but still nothing to write home about.
is her basic attack entirely a trap and i just want to swap to her, hit e and maybe q, then swap away?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

https://youtu.be/FocxbVU9KXg

she's not any different from other characters, if you want good damage you need to level her talents, keep her character and weapon levels as near to current cap as possible, and stack ATK%/ele%/crit etc through artifacts. whatever white damage you're getting out of her is from a different source since the yellow (geo) is the damage all of her attacks and abilities deal.

that video will also cover the few unique things about her use like when and where to drop the shield and how you need to animation cancel and intersperse charged attacks with your normal chain. she can also be used in a more limited, support role just centered around her skill and burst if that's what you want.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

awesmoe posted:

so how do you actually use ningguang? her basic attacks are weird, because she'll do sort of "fine" white damage occasionally but most of the time the numbers that pop up are yellow, and puny. charged attacks are a bit better but still nothing to write home about.
is her basic attack entirely a trap and i just want to swap to her, hit e and maybe q, then swap away?

Ning is built to be a damage dealer and will be doing the brunt of your damage once she's all set up with gear, especially with C1-C2.

She's unique in that she doesn't have an attack string, only a regular attack. For every one of those that hit an enemy, you get a jade floating around her, up to three. Once you've done that and use her Charge Attack, those rocks will also fly at the enemy and do additional damage. Her E also does damage in addition to blocking projectiles, and if your Screen is up when you use her Q, the Screen shatters as well, dealing additional damage. There's a bunch of videos on youtube showing her off if you wanna build her up, I just recently made her my main and like her a lot.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

Descar posted:

The mobs guarding the crystals on the map, didn't drop anything, so i just ran past them and snagged the crystal.

I think the game would be a lot more fun if all mobs, wherever, dropped, even in domains.

Enemies that are attached to quests you can fail and retry don't drop loot for anti-farming reasons i guess.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Descar posted:

i feel you man i had the same difficulties. but as you continue to play you'll find that you have such an excess of poo poo that you won't even be able to spend your drop materials on account of not having enough characters or weapons that use them.

drops are also way more generous at adventure rank 40+, i felt like they were plentiful even at 35. it's kind of a bummer that wr dictates the quality AND quantity of drops but what can you do?

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Descar posted:

It's annoying but I think it's for the best. Generally the enemies that don't drop loot are the ones that you could otherwise just keep continually respawning. The game is better off if the way that you farm materials is to hit up their locations in your log or just kill anything that you need while wandering around the world doing other things, as opposed to repeatedly resetting the same commission/quest/single-room domain to kill the same set of mobs in the same location over and over again.

awesmoe posted:

You can get more mileage out of her regular attacks if you hold a movement direction while using them. It shortens the animation, allowing you to get them out more quickly. Then after 2-3 normal attacks, you stop holding a direction and charge attack. I find the damage to be pretty decent, particularly since it's ranged and aoe, though Ningguang relies pretty heavily on spamming her double E and her extremely easily-charged Q.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

awesmoe posted:

she literally does not do any white damage, if you're getting some from her it's a special weapon proc. her numbers are 'small' because she does lots of fast + small hits instead of one big hit. she can do good damage (not TOP TIER MEGA NUTS damage) if you gear her well. She can swapped for utility if you like, but most of her kit is just damage so she has less utility than other people, but she can generate geo crystallize shields like crazy and the wall is nice to block ranged attacks.

basic combo is drop wall on a dude (run thru to get buff if you're high enough level for that), then 3x basic attack -> charged attack to do her big damage, ult if it's available, repeat forever. Since her attacks are ranged + homing and combo is pretty simple she is fairly easy to play, but requires lots of gear to do really good damage since she can't skate by on element reaction procs.

Also, she basically requires constellation 1 (and really wants 2 also) to be decent, more being better obviously.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

On the subject of Ningguang usage, she's very different in the sense that spamming her slow and low atk% standard attack is not the way to go. Once you get her first ascension passive you'll be able to use her charge attack without consuming stamina as long as you have a star jade. As a result, your only stamina usage will be repositioning with dashes. Generally, unless I'm in a bad position to sit still for the charge to fire off, I'll do a charge attack every 1 or 2 standard attacks (1 or 2 jades worth). The more charge attacks, the more DPS. Even the star jades, while nice, are fairly insignificant in comparison.

The other thing is her jade screen which has an extremely high atk% on a very reasonable cooldown. It should always be used as an offensive tool, the fact it can block projectiles is just a nice bonus. Your next ascension passive grants you a geo dmg buff when passing through the screen so weaving in and out of it is important. With C2 Ningguang, you can fire off 2 screens back to back, which depending on your skill level is about 600 to 800% attack damage every 12 seconds.

Once you get the feel for her, playing her feels like you're playing Gradius with all the upgrades shooting poo poo in all directions.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The biggest bullshit this game has done to me is put Ning on Childe's banner instead of Zhong so I can roll for more Ning copies

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

People consistently underrate the geo shields imo

they are very good

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Indecisive posted:

she literally does not do any white damage, if you're getting some from her it's a special weapon proc.

could also be shatter if they are attacking frozen targets

here's some big whale ning numbers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKqeduBy06Q

YES bread fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Nov 27, 2020

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Vargs posted:

It's very good, especially with Venti. Wonderful for mining as well if you don't use anybody who wields a claymore.

e: read that as C1. The C2 is very good too. I haven't played her without it but not having 2 uses of the E sounds so limiting.

i believe this is specifically the opposite of what they requested

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

dogsicle posted:

https://youtu.be/FocxbVU9KXg

she's not any different from other characters, if you want good damage you need to level her talents, keep her character and weapon levels as near to current cap as possible, and stack ATK%/ele%/crit etc through artifacts. whatever white damage you're getting out of her is from a different source since the yellow (geo) is the damage all of her attacks and abilities deal.

that video will also cover the few unique things about her use like when and where to drop the shield and how you need to animation cancel and intersperse charged attacks with your normal chain. she can also be used in a more limited, support role just centered around her skill and burst if that's what you want.

i just noticed for the first time that the one-round dragon intro is actually just a lvl 50 dragon. well, no wonder!!

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

YES bread posted:

could also be shatter if they are attacking frozen targets

here's some big whale ning numbers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKqeduBy06Q

This is scary because they're not even using the catalyst from the current weapon banner, that's a crit % vs the massive atk % they could be getting. That's some wild damage, would love to see their artifacts.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
okay, fair enough. I think I just dont like the playstyle + she's slightly underlevelled/undergeared compared to my normal dps, and it just makes her feel underwhelming to me. all good, just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing anything.

Indecisive posted:

she literally does not do any white damage, if you're getting some from her it's a special weapon proc.
yup, that would be the eye of perception procs, thanks

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Because I made some extra rolls on standard to afford a shop 4* unit I'm going to be triggering the 76 pity next week on standard banner.

The things I really want:
Jean
Skyward Blade
Aquila Favonia
Skyward Harp

The things I'd be happy with:
Diluc
Qiqi
Mona
Keqing C1
Skyward Pride
Amos Bow
Wolf Gravestone

The things I would be extremely sad about :
Lost Prayer
Skyward Atlas
Skyward Spine
Primordial Jade Winged Spear

So 20% for extreme disappointment (assuming characters and weapons are weighted 50/50). Scariest gacha roll of my life.

awesmoe posted:

okay, fair enough. I think I just dont like the playstyle + she's slightly underlevelled/undergeared compared to my normal dps, and it just makes her feel underwhelming to me. all good, just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing anything.

yup, that would be the eye of perception procs, thanks
She's strong but I think a lot of people will just hate her play style. I have her C1 and expect I'll never build her.

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

Not even the guy in the dps video seems to realize it, so I'll say if you have Ningguang's C2, you should only use her skill every 6 seconds because it won't generate energy more frequently than that. Lots of characters are like this but not all.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

I didn't really plan to build Ningguang, I only did because I got a 5 star chalice with Geo dmg% and Atk%/Crit%/CritDmg rolls... AND my first 10 rolls on the weapons banner EVER was a 5 star pull for Memory of Dust so I basically had no choice but to build her.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Yeah once you pull a 5 star weapon you have to build a char for it. It's the law. PJWS is such a stupid weapon to exist atm because you actually can't build anyone to use it.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

No Wave posted:

Yeah once you pull a 5 star weapon you have to build a char for it. It's the law. PJWS is such a stupid weapon to exist atm because you actually can't build anyone to use it.

I kinda blew my chances at Zhongli by pulling Childe which is unfortunate because I have a Skyward Spine just sitting in my inventory taunting me.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

No Wave posted:

Yeah once you pull a 5 star weapon you have to build a char for it. It's the law.

honestly this goes a long way to explain why i refuse to consider parking beidou and her wolf's gravestone

Disconnecticus
Oct 21, 2012

Wait, like, actual money?
I can't seem to find the screen that tells me how many more meteorite jobs I still need to do in order to get Fischl. I know I was there once, but searched all the menus last night without luck.

vvvv - thank you thank you

Disconnecticus fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Nov 28, 2020

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Disconnecticus posted:

I can't seem to find the screen that tells me how many more meteorite jobs I still need to do in order to get Fischl. I know I was there once, but searched all the menus last night without luck.

event, event details, bottom right (prinzessin's something)

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Disconnecticus posted:

click this fischl head in the bottom-right corner of the event screen

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

awesmoe posted:

honestly this goes a long way to explain why i refuse to consider parking beidou and her wolf's gravestone

To be fair that is a top tier color coordination fashion weapon for her. Just like Tartaglia and Rust, goes together SO so well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

The White Dragon posted:

i feel you man i had the same difficulties. but as you continue to play you'll find that you have such an excess of poo poo that you won't even be able to spend your drop materials on account of not having enough characters or weapons that use them.

drops are also way more generous at adventure rank 40+, i felt like they were plentiful even at 35. it's kind of a bummer that wr dictates the quality AND quantity of drops but what can you do?

It's a pretty big boost in amount and quality of drops, which feels good on the surface.

It's not a great trade-off with "tougher" enemies, quicker deaths, and increased material costs. The enemy attack patterns don't seem to change, you just need to mess up less, fight longer battles, and more of them. You do get an excess of stuff, but it tends to be for the stuff you don't need.
Outside of bosses, I needed guardian parts and wopperflower nectars. It's nice to get more/better parts, but the guardians took much longer to kill, and both have an attack that can stun lock the strongest characters to death from full heath. Characters that aren't the focus can suddenly get one-shotted by bosses. Gotta be careful who gets those eggs. The flip side is that after you max your favorite ones, it can be faster to bring secondary characters and gear up to speed.

It's like a more boring version of how Breath of the Wild's world difficulty scales up. The fights get more tedious rather than difficult. I don't agree that any world level upgrade is a "trap" but I understand why players might feel that way.

What you can do is put the game down for a bit. Less pressure if you don't have to push the battle pass or commissions every day, the game isn't going anywhere and events/story will happen eventually.

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Nov 28, 2020