Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Borsche69 posted:

I can totally believe the NFL is really loving stupid and that anyone trying to play any sports at all this year was going to be a farce.

Even baseball decided to do a short season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Congrats Steelers fans: a perfect season.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Spoeank posted:

Mods please rename the thread Corvid-19 thanku

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I just remembered that the Lions started the second half running the ball against a Texans team that couldn’t stop the run, only to start passing when they were in the red zone and having to settle for a field goal.

:lol:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Why didn't they keep on running?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I am really hoping that the Steelers Ravens game just never happens and Steelers fans have to spend the rest of their existence trying to convince an uncaring world that 15-0 is as good as 16-0

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
hell yeah cinati bengos

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.
Do any of you have a clip/youtube of the native guy talking about the redskins name debacle during pregame? I've tried to find it and couldn't. My wife didn't believe me that someone covered Massive Attack's Teardrop as an acoustic.

E: found the cover, still wouldn't mind having the gent talking over it.

UltraShame fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Nov 27, 2020

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

UltraShame posted:

Do any of you have a clip/youtube of the native guy talking about the redskins name debacle during pregame? I've tried to find it and couldn't. My wife didn't believe me that someone covered Massive Attack's Teardrop as an acoustic.

E: found the cover, still wouldn't mind having the gent talking over it.

Just chiming in to say José González is awesome. If you’ve played RDR (first one), that song playing as you ride into Mexico (Far Away) is one of his.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/CalaisCampbell/status/1332323595301883904

Hope he doesn't have any lasting damage. I think he has asthma.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

sharknado slashfic posted:

If this affects Calais’ amazing voice, burn Baltimore to the ground.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
How much poo poo internally do you think players trying to take this seriously get from the rest who go “arghh we want to play!”

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/LesBowen/status/1332368511738449921

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

sharknado slashfic posted:

Oddly, asthma is (according to my respiratory doc sister) not actually that much of a complicating factor for COVID.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

tarbrush posted:

I am really hoping that the Steelers Ravens game just never happens and Steelers fans have to spend the rest of their existence trying to convince an uncaring world that 15-0 is as good as 16-0

Cancel this game and two others, so that even if the Steelers win the Super Bowl, they still have less wins than the 72 Dolphins.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Metaphor for the Eagles since winning the Super Bowl

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Spoeank posted:

Mods please rename the thread Corvid-19 thanku

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Sono posted:

Cancel this game and two others, so that even if the Steelers win the Super Bowl, they still have less wins than the 72 Dolphins.

This would actually be really funny

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Sono posted:

Them going 15-0* and then losing in the divisional round to Miami or the Raiders would be hilarious.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Edit: oops, wrong link.

https://mobile.twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1332410360721190912?prefetchtimestamp=1606506769390

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

confirmed: it's mitch time

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It's once again time to kiss the titties.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i know that it is mathematically impossible and the bears are going to lose 56-0, but i am going to give myself the luxury of imagining the scenario mitch trubisky comes off the bench to lead the bears against the packers at lambeau by somehow only throwing 2 picks and letting the bears defense and special teams score at least 21 points.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
If the game doesn't come to pass, it'll be a forfeit to keep the playoff implications balanced and the Steelers will still be 16-0 (or 14-2 after dropping games to Indy and idk WFT or someone because they're good, but not 16-0 good). Looks like the NFL is just gonna tell the Ravens' B-Team to get out there and take their beating for the league, though.

Edit: Just missed it, looks like more schedule madness and no TNF next week.

Blind Pineapple fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Nov 27, 2020

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1332407923549609986

Come home, Kenny

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Blind Pineapple posted:

If the game doesn't come to pass, it'll be a forfeit to keep the playoff implications balanced and the Steelers will still be 16-0 (or 14-2 after dropping games to Indy and idk WFT or someone because they're good, but not 16-0 good). Looks like the NFL is just gonna tell the Ravens' B-Team to get out there and take their beating for the league, though.

Edit: Just missed it, looks like more schedule madness and no TNF next week.

The 2020 Steelers are en toto, an even better roster than the 2004-5, 2008-9 and 2009-10 SB teams.

No team is 16-0 good, even the 2007 Pats who barely squeaked by at minimum the Giants and Ravens, despite having the most historic, prolific offense NFL fans had ever seen before.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I wonder if he’s sour on Miami because if he can get 25% of the separation he was before then phew he’d be welcomed back

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/NFLfootballinfo/status/1332419706242863107

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Amy Pole Her posted:

I wonder if he’s sour on Miami because if he can get 25% of the separation he was before then phew he’d be welcomed back

I assume he would be justifiably sour, but yes he'd immediately be our second best receiver and most Tua compatible receiver

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Steelers going undefeated will be the same as any non-good team winning the SB this year. Laughed off as an anomaly of covid-ball.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

bird news
https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/1332421703977332741?s=20

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
the plaguens

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Make some unlucky team have to play this Thursday so we still have a game.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
PLAGUE BOWL PLAGUE BOWL PLAGUE BOWL

https://twitter.com/steelers/status/1332433131337625600

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Make some unlucky team have to play this Thursday so we still have a game.

Best options for Thursday Night Football are Pats/Chargers or Bears/Lions imo. The problem is all four NFC East teams will be playing good teams that week.

e: On second thought Jags/Vikings screams Thursday Night Football.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

D-LINK posted:

The 2020 Steelers are en toto, an even better roster than the 2004-5, 2008-9 and 2009-10 SB teams.

Agreed, but those were 11-12 win teams. You could probably make the case that the 2017 team that got bounced by the fluke-year Jags was better than the 21st century SB teams too.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Will Paypal one (1) game check to anybody that shows up in the stands dressed like a Nurgle demon

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Has Fat Matt The Rapist been fired yet so my dreams of the Lions being just bang average instead of whatever the gently caress they are now can be realised for a year before they turn back into the loving Lions?

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
tuesday night football is the football for you and me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Tuitt matters, the other 2 do not