Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

So any of your MESBG goons managed to grab any of the limited availability minis yesterday? I hear NZ and US stores sold out in minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
I was elf-curious about Haldir's elves but they went really fast.

Excited for new Treebeard though!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Random Blood Bowl-related question that someone might hopefully be able to answer:

I want to convert some of the Gouged Eye orcs into Ardboyz for AoS, which would mostly involve small conversions and weapon swaps, but I can't tell from the pictures on the GW site how easy it would be to do simple hand swaps. I can see that some of the arms are separate and some are connected to the torso, but I can't get a clear picture of how cleanly I could separate their hands at the wrist, or if their armor plates overlap too much to make it work without some resculpting afterward.

If anyone happens to have some Gouged Eyes handy, could you let me know how feasible that sounds?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I didn't even know there was a random set of LotR stuff available this weekend. Theoretically I didn't really need any of it though. I would like to get some mounted Rohan Royal Knights, but those things are pretty impossible to find anymore and I didn't see them as one of the options anyway.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Random Blood Bowl-related question that someone might hopefully be able to answer:

I want to convert some of the Gouged Eye orcs into Ardboyz for AoS, which would mostly involve small conversions and weapon swaps, but I can't tell from the pictures on the GW site how easy it would be to do simple hand swaps.

Most of the wrists have clean wasp waists, although you'll need to clean up some detail on the inside of the wrist in some cases.

There's two wrists with a heavy bracer extending from the middle of the outer arm to the knuckle, and IIRC there are two of each of those wrists for a total of four. That arm might be fine to use as-is, since that hand is holding one of two big spiky knuckledusters, or you do the surgery closer to the shoulder. A wrist swap will need some resculpting.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Cease to Hope posted:

Most of the wrists have clean wasp waists, although you'll need to clean up some detail on the inside of the wrist in some cases.

There's two wrists with a heavy bracer extending from the middle of the outer arm to the knuckle, and IIRC there are two of each of those wrists for a total of four. That arm might be fine to use as-is, since that hand is holding one of two big spiky knuckledusters, or you do the surgery closer to the shoulder. A wrist swap will need some resculpting.

This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you!

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Hobbit-postin': I generally feel like I "get" proxies and WYSIWYG in 40K/AoS, but how do Middle-earth peeps feel about counts-as models? My specific example:

Oh hey, that's better. But those are MIRKWOOD ELVES. Which aren't the same thing.

Would MESBG players be grumpy if I used Mirkwood elves as normal Lothlorien wood elves? assume their weapons and stuff are WYSIWYG

Considering how rare players for the game are, I'd say they probably wouldn't care I love the game, and would be happy to play it with anyone that actually owns models. The thing with that game is that it's really the closest thing that GW makes to a Historical game. Not that it's based on actual history, but I think the game really shines when you have a group of 4-6 people that are dedicated to the lore and look to recreate it on the tabletop as opposed to looking at it like a competitive tournament game. Or, more likely than not, like in my case, you really like the lore and just want to play the game, so you end up building up armies of both sides to rope your friends into playing (see the Historicals thread for many many accounts of this scenario).

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

It took almost a year (of not painting it) to finish the "crown jewel" of my Isengard army.

Building an army worthy of Mordor!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

It took almost a year (of not painting it) to finish the "crown jewel" of my Isengard army.

Wow, that's very nice! That palantir is especially good. Great end result!

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Oh that rules. I have a few things on order, but haven't done anything recently. I'm getting antsy.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Very nice. I have just started working on my Uruk-hai again and I love seeing my LOTR content.

Faarky
Jan 29, 2009
What have I done....

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Faarky posted:

What have I done....

:yeshaha:

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Faarky posted:

What have I done....

Spent a ton of money and signed up for a lot of painting - well done.

Faarky
Jan 29, 2009

Ropes4u posted:

Spent a ton of money and signed up for a lot of painting - well done.

Not pictured: a fresh can of Chaos Black spray!

Red Herring
Apr 3, 2010

So any of your MESBG goons managed to grab any of the limited availability minis yesterday? I hear NZ and US stores sold out in minutes.

Managed to grab a Gimli in Australia, but he was sold out in about 20 minutes.

Some of the stuff was on there for days though, like Theoden.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Red Herring posted:

Some of the stuff was on there for days though, like Theoden.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I have an old metal Theoden, but he's currently multi based. I'm not sure I need him to be anymore though.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Faarky posted:

What have I done....

Get in son! You've started the best game GW make.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Roadmap for Direchasm is up. If I'm reading it right, it looks like

Jan: Slaves to Darkness
Feb: Lizardmen
March: Vampires?
April: Savage orcs?
May: Ossiarch Bonereapers
June: Idoneth

edit:

Vulpes Vulpes fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Nov 27, 2020

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Roadmap for Direchasm is up. If I'm reading it right, it looks like

Jan: Slaves to Darkness
Feb: Lizardmen
March: Vampires?
April: Savage orcs?
May: Ossiarch Bonereapers
June: Idoneth

April: Forest goblins?

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Oh, that would be cool.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Really looking forward to Slaves to Darkness and Bonereaper warbands. The others I might have to wait and see what they look like.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

April: Forest goblins?

I would love any new forest goblin sculpts, but this may be the bug people they've been teasing.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Is this the best thread to talk Blood Bowl? The new season edition looks so sexy and is CRAMMED FULL for $120...

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

NUMBER 1 FULCI FAN posted:

Is this the best thread to talk Blood Bowl? The new season edition looks so sexy and is CRAMMED FULL for $120...

Mine just arrived today and I'm very excited

There is definitely some Blood Bowl chatter ITT

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Stoked for lizardmen warband for underworlds! :)

Mr Owl
Dec 28, 2008

I'm well excited for bloodbowl season two, living in London our local guild has a league each year with about sixty players so getting a team up and painted gives me something to look forward to next year!

Although the new rule book doesn't say that you can only have one reroll per turn, which seems like a huge oversight

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

This dude is neat. So they have this priest and a chameleon Skink so far. Hopefully they also get a couple saurus or a kroxigor, too.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
A good Dino-krox.

80s style though, no feathers.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

I plan on picking it up to play with my wife

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Ropes4u posted:

I plan on picking it up to play with my wife

Same, think itd be a decent midpoint between boardgame and tt

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I would love to play bloodbowl with my gf but she hates football with a passion

She's played a few games of Necromunda with me though :3:

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I've also got it coming, also going to intro it to my wife, will start small though. I did check this thread as I was ordering and it was so quiet on the BB front that I thought it had been abandoned!

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Zaphod42 posted:

I would love to play bloodbowl with my gf but she hates football with a passion

She's played a few games of Necromunda with me though :3:

That's another one I'm looking into... Really my mindset is "wow a 40k/AOS themed game that I can play without a many-hundred dollar investment and countless hours of painting 100 models??"

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Mr Owl posted:

I'm well excited for bloodbowl season two, living in London our local guild has a league each year with about sixty players so getting a team up and painted gives me something to look forward to next year!

Although the new rule book doesn't say that you can only have one reroll per turn, which seems like a huge oversight

The Dragon Bowl League at LWG? I am one of the league admins for that :D What team are you thinking of playing?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
do not play blood bowl with anyone you are not willing to grow to hate

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

That's another one I'm looking into... Really my mindset is "wow a 40k/AOS themed game that I can play without a many-hundred dollar investment and countless hours of painting 100 models??"

Yeah at this point 40k is dead to me. Its this glorious dream of a hobby that actually is completely infeasible, monstrously expensive and brutally taxing to play.

Meanwhile for $40 you can have a bloodbowl team or a necromunda gang or a kill team. And they're way more fun to play!

Mr Owl
Dec 28, 2008

ineptmule posted:

The Dragon Bowl League at LWG? I am one of the league admins for that :D What team are you thinking of playing?

That's the one! I have a welf team that I painted up just before lockdown for the underworld University and then I'm bad with money so I have Greebo games masterpiece to paint this month while I'm excited for the dbl proper 👌

Am slightly salty about the animosity rule after backing these 6ish months ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Owl
Dec 28, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah at this point 40k is dead to me. Its this glorious dream of a hobby that actually is completely infeasible, monstrously expensive and brutally taxing to play.

Meanwhile for $40 you can have a bloodbowl team or a necromunda gang or a kill team. And they're way more fun to play!

I'm still pretty new to the hobby as a whole and I have loved all the variants I have tried so far but the prices people pay outside of the UK makes parts of the hobby mind boggling.