Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Someone on Reddit cooked up a set where you go to Link's 2h training map, load up on Material Drop % +, and get over 100 meat in two minutes. Apparently a Zora merchant will pay extra for meat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Okay, I can safely say I was not expecting to like Yunobo this much.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Bakalakadaka posted:

I'll be salty af if we never get Linkle as dlc

Linkle in AoC or game is s-h-i-t

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Alacron posted:

Okay, I can safely say I was not expecting to like Yunobo this much.

He owns, his gimmick reminds me of DW8's War Trident weapon only better.

Well I got another rusty weapon for Impa and now she's my greatest asskicker with a max level 87 attack sword with some special attack boosts. Man, removing seals is unbelievably expensive though, not in the rupee cost but in the material cost.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Ugh I suck as Light Bow Zelda. Towards the end I just can't kill things fast enough to get the next wave to appear in time so I'm just trying to kill small groups that are spread around the map. How the hell do you actually beat this level besides just being way over leveled?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Am I missing something with Hetsu or is he just this game's Agatha?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I find Hestu to be pretty strong actually, I've been using him quite a bit. You have to keep the Koroks up though or he's a lot less good.

So Escape From the Yiga Clan loving sucks. Having to fight three Yiga Blademasters at the same time in a room with spiked floors, and then Soogah joins in, and then having to fight Master Kohga while he summons like six Yiga Blademasters and then Soogah jumps in again and all with a time limit is some bullshit. I only barely won with a Link five levels above the recommended and with a 61 attack weapon.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I'm in the postgame now and super low on rupees. Does anyone know of a great map to farm them on?

There's no good place to farm them unless you just replay ___ Training missions.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Ugh I suck as Light Bow Zelda. Towards the end I just can't kill things fast enough to get the next wave to appear in time so I'm just trying to kill small groups that are spread around the map. How the hell do you actually beat this level besides just being way over leveled?

If it's the training, it just has a wierd problem where waves sometimes don't spawn quickly enough to complete the goal. It's noticable at other times, too, like when capturing outposts, but I think that training is the worst offender because it's the only time you're required to kill 1000 enemies through so many small waves. It's bad!

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

the problem with that training mission is that the tutorial text pushes you towards using her unique action that depletes the special gauge, but that's actively detrimental to do in that mission since specials freeze time and kill a good chunk of enemies, making that a better significantly better option than her unique action. bring some special-recharging food if absolutely necessary and just spam specials all day and it should be easy.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

a cartoon duck posted:

the problem with that training mission is that the tutorial text pushes you towards using her unique action that depletes the special gauge, but that's actively detrimental to do in that mission since specials freeze time and kill a good chunk of enemies, making that a better significantly better option than her unique action. bring some special-recharging food if absolutely necessary and just spam specials all day and it should be easy.

This guy calamities :hmmyes:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

I find Hestu to be pretty strong actually, I've been using him quite a bit. You have to keep the Koroks up though or he's a lot less good.

So Escape From the Yiga Clan loving sucks. Having to fight three Yiga Blademasters at the same time in a room with spiked floors, and then Soogah joins in, and then having to fight Master Kohga while he summons like six Yiga Blademasters and then Soogah jumps in again and all with a time limit is some bullshit. I only barely won with a Link five levels above the recommended and with a 61 attack weapon.

I found that if you defeat Sooga before escaping, he doesn't show up to reinforce Master Kohga. It's incredibly tight timing even so. During the escape, don't screw around, just head straight for an exit, fight Sooga as soon as he appears, take the blademasters out and open the door. Do as much to Kohga as you can before the blademasters join in, then take them out so they don't interrupt you focusing on Kohga. Bring magic rods in from other missions and abuse them.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

The number one answer to all problems in Age of Calamity is "play 1H Link and backflip into air bow forever." It absolutely melts weakpoint gauges, does pretty notable damage in and of itself, and you can stagger pretty much anything instantly by shooting them in their head (or eye, or horns, or crystal, depending).

Also, big recommend to pump up the Master Sword and the Bow of Light to max asap. Even if they lose out on raw numbers, the damage boost against guardians/malice enemies/etc is supremely useful.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
all right so (chapter 6 character spoiler) king rhoam kicks rear end.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

What's a good level to restock on apples?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Haven't gotten far in the game yet. How's the writing in it, by like, Nintendo/Zelda standards?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

not earth-shattering, but pretty alright, mostly? the premise is "fan-ficcy" as other people put it and the main antagonist is weak as piss, but it's pretty much the first and only Zelda game with Zelda as center and protagonist, so i can appreciate it for that alone

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

It's worth it just for these interactions.

https://twitter.com/maskedgolem/status/1331595228805939204?s=21

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

Zerilan posted:

Haven't gotten far in the game yet. How's the writing in it, by like, Nintendo/Zelda standards?

Writing is definitely not why anyone would play a Warriors game, but I think it does what it needed to do so things would stay fun, speaking as someone who has completed the game. I didn't mind the "fan-ficcness" that crept in as the game went on.

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

I love almost all the interactions with Revail, he is such an unrelenting rear end in a top hat.

My favourite one so far, spoilers for some of the later characters.

When the four future champions show up to save the present ones they all have their own reactions

Sidon is of course emotional that he gets to save his sister.

Riju and Yunobo are awed that they get to meet such legendary heroes.

And Teba when meeting the great Rito champion realizes that there's a reason why you should never meet your heroes.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Revali will never learn important life lessons and stop being a huge dick, and i respect him for it

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

The 100% map completion reward is some nice fan service.

As someone who is getting a little tired of the champions garb between BotW, MK8DX, Smash and Hyrule Warriors, and someone who's never cared for the Set of the Wild, it's a cool alternative.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

a cartoon duck posted:

and the main antagonist is weak as piss

Considering Breath of the Wild itself had Calamity Ganon who had zero personality and was just an angry force of nature, I'll take a typical evil wizard over it.

ws_NoPants
Nov 28, 2020

Judge Tesla posted:

Considering Breath of the Wild itself had Calamity Ganon who had zero personality and was just an angry force of nature, I'll take a typical evil wizard over it.

They should have hired Tim Curry to do some lines for Calamity Ganon, he's got experience playing an angry cloud.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Judge Tesla posted:

Calamity Ganon at least suited the kind of game that Breath of the Wild was. in a game that's all about traversing nature, a force of nature as antagonist is perfectly sensible.

Astor is just kinda... there. he exists. that's all one can reasonably say about him.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Are there any characters like Cia where I'm going to be intensely embarrassed when anyone's in the room and have to explain that the studio that made this is just really horny

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Tender Bender posted:

Are there any characters like Cia where I'm going to be intensely embarrassed when anyone's in the room and have to explain that the studio that made this is just really horny

That depends on your stances on fish girls, desert women, and hot mountain men.

Edit: To add actual substance to this post, I unlocked the last character. My MVP for basically any even remotely difficult mission was (character spoiler) Sidon, whose C6 and C5 both let him bully 98% of the enemies near indefinitely.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Nov 28, 2020

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Sooga spoilers (end game stuff) I thought it was fairly obvious that Sooga died offscreen but I saw a good chunk of people thinking maybe he didn't. Getting all the koroks and playing as weird characters in the final level had Kohga say 'Sooga I hope you're watching this, I'm going to take down this menace' so yeah he's dead and not just in a healing pod or something??

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
There has been some data mining and it's very likely that at least Purah, Robbie, Sooga and Astor are DLC chars. They all have voice lines for switching to every other character in the files and they all got unique models (and in Sooga/Astor's case full movesets) already. Hope they're free like the OG update that brought us Cia/Volga/Wizzro

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

That depends on your stances on fish girls, desert women, and hot mountain men.

Yes please.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Sooga spoilers (end game stuff) I thought it was fairly obvious that Sooga died offscreen but I saw a good chunk of people thinking maybe he didn't. Getting all the koroks and playing as weird characters in the final level had Kohga say 'Sooga I hope you're watching this, I'm going to take down this menace' so yeah he's dead and not just in a healing pod or something??

There's a second credits sequence post-post game when you repair Terrako where Terrako is wandering the world saying hi to everyone and Sooga appears to pops up with Kohga in the little loading screen sprite style. That said this is a Warriors game and as seen with Rhoam, and Robbie, and Purah, "implied off screen deaths" are largely "we want some tension but they absolutely actually survived"

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I appreciate that the developers took into account that we would need a ton of Hinox and Lynel trophies so they made a mission with just those two enemies. I’ve run it like six or seven times already.

There’s also one with two Stone Taluses and several little Peblits. Nice time saver so you don’t have to grind long missions to get those.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Speaking of that, what's the best map to farm moblins? I need like...60 of them at the moment between a few different fetch quests

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
Same but looking for wood

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Speaking of that, what's the best map to farm moblins? I need like...60 of them at the moment between a few different fetch quests

There was a battle with like 17 or 19 Wizzrobes in it, is there a similar one for Moblins? I feel like they’re in every mission.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

a cartoon duck posted:

Revali will never learn important life lessons and stop being a huge dick, and i respect him for it

Revali is the type of guy that would die a virgin because he never loses anything

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Same but looking for wood

You can probably just do the first mission and murder all the trees.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

YggiDee posted:

You can probably just do the first mission and murder all the trees.

Yeah I'd been doing this and the revali one but I wasn't sure if there's anything better

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I’m confused, how does the tracker work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

fadam posted:

I’m confused, how does the tracker work?

If you highlight a mission that you are short parts for, it will put green circles around any missions or vendors where you can get those parts, either by battlefield-specific drops, monster drops, or first time rewards. You can also highlight ingredients themselves by going into the Menu and pressing L to go over to the materials, then selecting the material(s) you want to farm with A.