Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
lol they're just frozen kroger seasoned fries from the oven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

BraveUlysses posted:

lol they're just frozen kroger seasoned fries from the oven

They look so good

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Delivery burgs usually end up super sad, but there's a restaurant super close to my apartment that just started doing delivery and thought I'd try em out. Pretty fuckin good smash-ish burg with burg sauce. The fries were hot and crispy still too.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Did they make an extra effort because they know you can cook, because that looks really excellent.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

That is an unusually neat burger, the patty is almost exactly the size of the bun.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

GTO posted:

That is an unusually neat burger, the patty is almost exactly the size of the bun.

This makes me question the smash status of this burger. It's certainly a nice burger.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
appreciate that the meat runs right to the edge of the buns

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Accidentally posted this in the wrong thread. I told 'em to come visit us though!

Sunday arvo double!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Don Dongington posted:

Accidentally posted this in the wrong thread. I told 'em to come visit us though!

Sunday arvo double!

That is my kinda burg. So shiny.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
These black sesame potato buns are so aesthetic. From now I'm just buying 12 at a time and freezing them, so good.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Don Dongington posted:

These black sesame potato buns are so aesthetic. From now I'm just buying 12 at a time and freezing them, so good.

Where do you get them from?

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
My local butcher. They're indigenous to Western Australia I believe. I'm fairly sure they we're aiming for something akin to a Martin's Potato Bun from over in the US

Most of the local butchers that sell a decent chuck + brisket burger mince stock them now.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I think it's more likely someone brought a single sesame bun to Australia and now they're just all the gently caress over the place

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Brawnfire posted:

I think it's more likely someone brought a single sesame bun to Australia and now they're just all the gently caress over the place

Pretty much this, but potato buns, smash burgers, buttermilk fried chicken thighs, smoked brisket, memphis style dry rubs and nashville hot chicken.

Yeah it's just horrible man,

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Don Dongington posted:

My local butcher. They're indigenous to Western Australia I believe. I'm fairly sure they we're aiming for something akin to a Martin's Potato Bun from over in the US

Most of the local butchers that sell a decent chuck + brisket burger mince stock them now.

It's a v sexy burger mate, wish I could get thos buns on the easy coast

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Simple burg, fries and a beer in ol' chiplip

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
This is not a burg, but I think it's close enough. Finnish regional food called "porilainen", from Pori. Basically a burger but the patty is replaced with a fried slice of Lauantaimakkara, or "saturday sausage" which is a type of bologna I guess.

Topped, bacon, ketchup, mustard, relish, raw onions, chinese cabbage and some cheddar cheese. I believe the real deal is supposed to have koskenlaskija cheese. I've never had one before but was interested in trying one, but I don't live in Pori and I don't want to go there. It's quite good actually. A fried egg would really work well here too.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
In America we call that a fried bologna sandwich.

A very good sandwich, but not a burg.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

Brawnfire posted:

Simple burg, fries and a beer in ol' chiplip

That's what I'm talkin bout

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Having a crack at those Josh Weissman buns (no stand mixer so we'll see how much difference that makes) then burgin up for dinner, heck yeah

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

Left the buns in the oven a bit long but they are bloody good buns. Don't know if I could be bothered going to the effort every time but if I wanted to go the whole hog I'd definitely make them again

There's pickles under the iceberg lettuce, and brown onion under the cheese, mustard on top bun. Just need to get my local butcher to do a burger mix and we're good to go

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I burged tonight and made my second attempt at hush puppies.

Went a little too heavy on the vegetables in the hush puppies, but I was really happy with them. The first attempt was a couple of weeks ago and I made them way too large. I underestimated how much they'd puff up when frying. Corn, onion, celery, green onion, jalapeños, and a little bit of garlic are in there. The remoulade is homemade too; lots of mustard and horseradish.

Burger was pretty simple. Two 4oz patties with bacon, cheese, mustard, and sautéed onions, jalapeños, and garlic. I'm going to try making my own hamburger buns next time. Aiming for something a little wider so I can do some real lacy smashburgers.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
We’ve all got one in our past: The one you remember as the best burger you ever ate.

This was my attempt at replicating a burger I ate sometime in the late 80’s at a place in my hometown called TJ’s. Every bite of it is still in my brain, and it’s the one I judge every subsequent burger on.

Missing from the equation are the real char flavour, not only on the burger, but in the toastyness of the bun and the bacon, which was from the back, rather than the belly as here. Despite using a ton of black pepper, the guy obviously used tons more in his black pepper mayo. Sweetcorn relish (under the burger) must have been sweeter and tangy-er 35 years ago. And I could bake for a hundred years and never replicate the dense, almost creamy and cake-like chewyness of the sesame bun he used.

But this wasn’t altogether a wasted lunch. 7/10.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

TJ's in Columbus?

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Snowmankilla posted:

TJ's in Columbus?

Nope, Leicester: a fairly insignificant town in the centre of the UK.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Torquemada posted:

Nope, Leicester: a fairly insignificant town in the centre of the UK.

Ha, good. I had never been to TJ's and I was bummed I was missing out on a local legend!

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Mr Owl
Dec 28, 2008

In Thailand in the northern fringes next to the golden circle is a town called Pai and it has a burger place that sells the greatest veggie burger in the world! No idea what was in it but it has ruined every other veggie burger since.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Probably meat

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Trying out a new burger place near us

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

I LOLed

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

iajanus posted:

Trying out a new burger place near us

:dudsmile:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Look it's not quite a burger (burger adjacent?) but dinner tonight was a spicy affair (chicken schnitzel, mozzarella sticks, ham, habanero, aioli and reaper sauce).

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

iajanus posted:

Look it's not quite a burger (burger adjacent?) but dinner tonight was a spicy affair (chicken schnitzel, mozzarella sticks, ham, habanero, aioli and reaper sauce).

sorry mate, I can't support this

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Drop the mozarella sticks imo, and replace them with a propper slice of cheese, and you have a perfect (deconstructed) cordon bleu burg.

Also replace the chicken with turkey, it's more juicy.

so 7/10.

tuo fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Dec 1, 2020

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

tuo posted:

Drop the mozarella sticks imo, and replace them with a propper slice of cheese, and you have a perfect (deconstructed) cordon bleu burg.

Also replace the chicken with turkey, it's more juicy.

so 7/10.

I was trying to use up what we had in the house, supplies were limited....

Tasty, though

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

iajanus posted:

I was trying to use up what we had in the house, supplies were limited....

Tasty, though

Oh, mind you, I would have done the very same. I just really like the idea of doing a cordon bleu burg, and I think a nice slice of cheese like a matured cheddar instead of the mozarilla sticks (which at least to my experience have a very mild mozarella in it) would make this thing absolutely (more) awesome. I'll definitely try that the next time I make turkey-schnitzel, because the overall idea sounds awesome!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

tuo posted:

Oh, mind you, I would have done the very same. I just really like the idea of doing a cordon bleu burg, and I think a nice slice of cheese like a matured cheddar instead of the mozarilla sticks (which at least to my experience have a very mild mozarella in it) would make this thing absolutely (more) awesome. I'll definitely try that the next time I make turkey-schnitzel, because the overall idea sounds awesome!

It does sound delicious

Cordon bleu is the best and always should be attempted in new and exciting ways.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

That burg looks pretty smashed