Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

broooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :dukedoge::dukedoge::dukedoge::dukedoge::dukedoge:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

A.o.D. posted:

Do you mean Wayne Pygram who was loaded under heavy makeup in Revenge of the Sith? Or Guy Henry from Rogue One?

I think if you were just to put a dude on camera without effects, Pygram would be the better choice.

I meant Guy Henry.

I watched the making of videos for Rogue One and saw the scenes with him in costume, speaking the lines. He did a really good job.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I wonder how much these Clone Wars/Rebels cameos play with people who have seen the movies but not those shows.

One little thing that I noticed: when Rosarioka looks at the dude she disarms up at the bell tower, the little smirk she gives him is perfect.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Glass of Milk posted:

I wonder how much these Clone Wars/Rebels cameos play with people who have seen the movies but not those shows.

One little thing that I noticed: when Rosarioka looks at the dude she disarms up at the bell tower, the little smirk she gives him is perfect.

I'm making my way through Rebels, so I know Ahsoka, but didn't about Bo-Katan. I mean, I knew that Katee Sackhoff voiced
a character from Clone Wars, so when she showed up, I thought it was pretty cool to see a voice actor playing the live action version,
not "omg it's that character!".

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Kanine posted:

I dont see anything inherently wrong with cg resurrection compared to the normal evil poo poo that corporations like disney do on a daily basis

Have some imagination. Sure, Cushing and Fisher's estates signed off on their likenesses so everything is 'legally' above board, but you very quickly get to ghoulish situations like Bruce Lee being used to shill Johnnie Walker whisky when the guy himself was teetotal, because his daughter wanted to make some money, or James Dean being cast in some Vietnam war movie 65 years after his death.

Do we reduce the memory of actresses and actors, their years of experiences allowing them to pour genuine emotion into their performances, to something as simple as how they look? Was Peter Cushing an excellent Grand Moff Tarkin because he was tall and had sunken eyes and gaunt cheekbones, or was it because of his veiled threat and menace hidden under a cold and calculating veneer, that came from a lifetime of acting in sinister roles?

If you're gonna go the digital recreation route for a role like that then it better be absolutely perfect, or just don't bother at all imo, because the only people who can actually appreciate the fact it's the same actor as 40 years prior are also the ones who know it's impossible and will be scrutinising it incredibly closely. It actively hindered my immersion in the movie because I knew it wasn't real, so any scene with him in was spent trying to work out why he looked so nearly real but not, rather than just enjoying the performance.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Vinylshadow posted:

Taking the child to a planet to become a beacon for Jedi

Well gee, who do we know that's currently lost in the middle of nowhere with someone else who was just name-dropped that could probably use a beacon to follow home?

Probably but I’ll hold out for my boy Kyle.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

A.o.D. posted:

This is dumb. People who are horror fans but not Star Wars fans will know exactly who the gently caress Peter Cushing is. In fact, he's a much bigger deal in those circles than he is in Star Wars.

his point was that average people in general who don't follow particular nerd subcultures probably don't know who peter cushing is at this point and he's probably right. it's ok man

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Smythe posted:

its too much man. its too good to believe. its like they reached into the adolescent nerd brain and pulled out all the epic poo poo. if kyle katarn shows up ill die irl. but on the other hand if they bring out that big clone jedi with the stupid name like what was it, ccclorpzzz or some dumb poo poo lmfao, well, i would not like that. just my $0.02

Thrawn orders Captain Pellaeon to begin his bombardment when the Lusankya drops out of hyperspace to deploy Rogue and Wraith squadrons, while a New Republic drop ship lands with Kyle Katarn and Mara Jade to fight their way past the Dark Troopers and then I die

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Smythe posted:

its too much man. its too good to believe. its like they reached into the adolescent nerd brain and pulled out all the epic poo poo. if kyle katarn shows up ill die irl. but on the other hand if they bring out that big clone jedi with the stupid name like what was it, ccclorpzzz or some dumb poo poo lmfao, well, i would not like that. just my $0.02

The world is ready for Starkiller to make its TV debut!

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Okay so apparently beskar existed in old EU because some dude razzed on boba fett for having lovely durasteel armor instead of proper beskar.

Also I'm pretty sure cortosis ore was used for starship hulls or some poo poo.

edit: also cortosis is in disney canon: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Cortosis

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

When are we getting a lightclaymore

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Oh hey they updated Revenge of the Sith on Disney+

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Vinylshadow posted:

First jeans guy now this, this is worse than the lucas special editions

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Sash! posted:

Thrawn orders Captain Pellaeon to begin his bombardment when the Lusankya drops out of hyperspace to deploy Rogue and Wraith squadrons, while a New Republic drop ship lands with Kyle Katarn and Mara Jade to fight their way past the Dark Troopers and then I die

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The world is ready for Starkiller to make its TV debut!

lotta deep cuts here which i appreciate. i also liked that girl, scout (?) who was in YODA: Dark Rendezvous. wasnt there a book where she palled around with a HK droid? was it the same book? she was cool kuz she was like noob and bad at the force, but had that PLUCKY SPIRIT and Good Attitude

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Spookydonut posted:

Okay so apparently beskar existed in old EU because some dude razzed on boba fett for having lovely durasteel armor instead of proper beskar.

Also I'm pretty sure cortosis ore was used for starship hulls or some poo poo.

edit: also cortosis is in disney canon: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Cortosis

In legends, iirc cortosis was mostly either used in personal armor or in vibroswords to make them able to parry lightsabers, and even then it was manufactured into an allow because pure cortosis was supposedly brittle as gently caress and useless for stopping anything else.

Starship hulls seem like an unlikely application for it in light of that

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Vinylshadow posted:

lmao

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
if baby yoda was there when aniken started chopping up those kids he would have force squished his dome like a grape. ez

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Baby Yoda WAS saved by Anakin and he is the one that kept him hidden and that's why baby yoda can do the hand choke Sith trick

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The season finale will be a flashback episode where it’s revealed the child was just off-screen of every pivotal event in the series.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
imagine how buff a young yoda could be. starkiller pulled a freaking isd out of orbit no problem, what could like a Prime Yoda do? could he like break a moon apart with his mind? instead of deflecting blaster bolts just perma force absorb them and afk in the middle of a turbolaser hose-down? these things are possible. basically a god unit. :weed:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The season finale will be a flashback episode where it’s revealed the child was just off-screen of every pivotal event in the series.

bro im watching star trek discovery season 2 and this type of poo poo is pissing me off lol. i dont even want to TALK about that show so idk why im bringing it up. its PISSING ME OFF

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hell yeah. But not only Star Wars, but every Disney live action movie..

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
lmfao freaking iron mang fist bumping baby yoda as they save the cars universe cars from megatron or something. lmfao. badass

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Smythe posted:

bro im watching star trek discovery season 2 and this type of poo poo is pissing me off lol. i dont even want to TALK about that show so idk why im bringing it up. its PISSING ME OFF

PS luke and leia are actually triplets

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Cartoon Man posted:

Probably but I’ll hold out for my boy Kyle.

Comedy option:

Corran Horn, only this version:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Desperado Bones posted:

Hell yeah. But not only Star Wars, but every Disney live action movie..

After all the flashbacks we jump 250,000 years to the future and find ourselves on this earth where the child is merchandise from a TV show and it’s revealed this show was produced by Ron Moore all along.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
corran horn always pissed me off. it was dope when he was just a guy who was epic pilot but then theymade him a jedi for some dumb rear end fan service poo poo. that writer, whats his name? the fail dude. he sucks. gently caress him. hurr everyone cool in star war needs to have the force. WRONG. most popular guy from the whole series?? han solo...

the other coolest guys in the star wars are hk47 and ig88 and they are NOT jedi hell they arent even ppl but instead robots.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

romanowski posted:

his point was that average people in general who don't follow particular nerd subcultures probably don't know who peter cushing is at this point and he's probably right. it's ok man

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
what if the cool clone guy was alive. did he die? the cool clone guy from clone war who had the dual pistols

edit drat io love to post about STAR WAR

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It's gonna be a kaiser soze reveal where he just starts speaking english with a deep voice and reveals how his master plan has played out perfectly.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

i hope that after all this talk, thrawn is just cgi tarkin but with blue skin and red eyes

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

who the gently caress is tarkin?

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
The true hero of star war is r2d2

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Spookydonut posted:

The true hero of star war is Wedge

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.

Julius Seizure posted:

who the gently caress is tarkin?

It's the body of water for which the resolution that gave Lyndon B. Johnson authorization to use conventional military forces in Southeast Asia without a formal declaration of war is names.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I keep hearing the child say "batuu" as part of his babytalk and I wonder if that's where he was born

Surprise: the Mandalorian was in fact an advertisement for Galaxy's Edge all along!

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
r2d2 was around for phantom menace but wedge wasnt even born

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
snips is so cool its unbelievable lol

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Smythe posted:

Imagine if Ahsoka meets Luke somehow in another show and calls him Skyguy. Lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Smythe posted:

Artooie