Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
taking the first shot then equipping my knife and bhopping to the grassy knoll for shot #2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

ur in my world now posted:

taking the first shot then equipping my knife and bhopping to the grassy knoll for shot #2

to be fair, it was the 60's. Back then if you walked at an angle you would go faster because of how the engines were programmed

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

https://twitter.com/redclayscholar/status/1331242578763722752

good to see nick branching out

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

glad to see Grim got a job after billy and mandy quit and killed the show

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

:vince:
this is hilarious but I think nick would get it dialed in a little better. he's a professional.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
that’s like standard practice for side characters in audiobook narration

listened to a book recently where the white narrator broke out into his best Mr. Bojangles impression for one character who showed up for just five pages

unless it’s an overproduced audible book with multiple (usually name) actors

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/1331393196576870402

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Matt is legit one of the best labor activists around, purely through the power of posting.
e: And the bar being really low.

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

KomradeX posted:

What's the Truannon episode with Aldo Moro? These two Davos ones are fascinating and not half as crazy as I expected.

Yeah listening to the first one now. I can’t believe anyone would actually call their great neoliberal project “The Great Reset.” Sounds like a right wing conspiracy theory.

“The Clintons and Bill Gates are going to brainwash all Christian children during the Great Reset!”

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

The Great Whoopsie-Do-Over never caught on

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

lumpentroll posted:

inventing a time machine to perform increasingly difficult trick shots on JFK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6naJ08Tskk

THS
Sep 15, 2017

we made a fucky wucky!! capitalism did a wittle fucko boingo. our pedophiles are hard at work on a fix

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

this is incredible content, thank you fireside fiction

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Crossover episode!

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1331735394476552192

THS
Sep 15, 2017

nice

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

lol at the turkish flag

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

a man stares at a glass of sparkling water with deep confusion, his soul at ill-ease

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

does anyone remember their woke zoo crew bits? think they did it twice, always makes me laugh. anyone got the clips?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i am salivating for the next annual episode of Till Death Do Us Blart

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gh0stpinballa posted:

does anyone remember their woke zoo crew bits? think they did it twice, always makes me laugh. anyone got the clips?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czyOeUsU3K4

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Lord_Denton/status/1331852394502762496

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

any time people post these 1 like 1 retweet shebangs I always think that's their own twitter account

decent meme tho

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
the bruenigs are up there with amber in the "sometimes i disagree with their specifics but overall they're good and they rile up the most annoying people" department

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

they're making an honest effort of it

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I appreciate anyone with the introspection and clarity to admit what side of an issue/ideological divide they're on, and actually mean it, instead of bitterly obfuscating everything about their position in the hopes of tricking people who aren't paying attention.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/TroyGoodfellow/status/1332318729217175552

https://twitter.com/neeratanden/status/1324128926298476545

https://twitter.com/RowanKaiser/status/1330968869985525763

The Three Moves Ahead folks being anti-succ is why I still keep them on my feed despite it turning into the Paradox Games Power Hour for a long time.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

*draws foam sword* is that an insult to my liege, paradox games?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

This is sort of weird, but does anyone know the chronology of Chapo finding out about COVID? I was listening to an episode around when Bernie dropped out and it was eerie. I think they all said it would take 30-90 days to contain and we’d have a vaccine by summer.

It would be interesting to match their show dates and comments against the timeline of Corona.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

UP AND ADAM posted:

I appreciate anyone with the introspection and clarity to admit what side of an issue/ideological divide they're on, and actually mean it, instead of bitterly obfuscating everything about their position in the hopes of tricking people who aren't paying attention.
Hell, Matt Bruenig wrote a good essay about that

https://medium.com/@MattBruenig/liberal-pluralism-is-fake-7f27c9831d7d

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Pulcinella posted:

Yeah listening to the first one now. I can’t believe anyone would actually call their great neoliberal project “The Great Reset.” Sounds like a right wing conspiracy theory.

“The Clintons and Bill Gates are going to brainwash all Christian children during the Great Reset!”

Right, it put me right off because I thought I can't talk to anyone about this they'll think I've gone full Alex Jones, I don't even think I realized that's the name the NeoLibs chose. They really just don't care what people think

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

KomradeX posted:

Right, it put me right off because I thought I can't talk to anyone about this they'll think I've gone full Alex Jones, I don't even think I realized that's the name the NeoLibs chose. They really just don't care what people think

Neoliberalism never even tries to justify itself, that's what they have vague progressive/liberal ad copy to hide behind. As a result they can't actually appeal to people even when they have to, because they're such terminal ghouls. See also why the Remain campaign for Brexit was nonexistent.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

its some steven pinker poo poo. arguments that you dont care about in a book that you wont read but youre supposed to just assume that its good. also jeffrey epstein is involved

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

KomradeX posted:

The plan was proposed by a literal prince.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Not just any Prince, the Prince of Wales, Charles himself!

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006

Frosted Flake posted:

This is sort of weird, but does anyone know the chronology of Chapo finding out about COVID? I was listening to an episode around when Bernie dropped out and it was eerie. I think they all said it would take 30-90 days to contain and we’d have a vaccine by summer.

It would be interesting to match their show dates and comments against the timeline of Corona.

Episode 400. Will and Matt talk about how the USA is not going to be able to do anything to stop it, Amber says it's just the flu.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Yeah, I thought they said something like "nothing is going to be done to stop it, in 30-60 days everyone will stop giving a poo poo" which basically came true.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
it's funny given how 2020 is going how prob even in the face of cosmic horror mankind would just shrug and truck along

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

jettisonedstuff posted:

Episode 400. Will and Matt talk about how the USA is not going to be able to do anything to stop it, Amber says it's just the flu.

reminding me of that article Amber wrote about how she hates masks and it's weird that some people actually like wearing masks (no one likes it, they do it because they are trying to do the right thing).

that was from back in May.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

uber_stoat posted:

reminding me of that article Amber wrote about how she hates masks and it's weird that some people actually like wearing masks (no one likes it, they do it because they are trying to do the right thing).

idk if you listen to some twitter libs it really does seem like they enjoy it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

uber_stoat posted:

not going to lie, but I kind of like the idea of wearing masks in public