Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Smythe posted:

another thing i thought was tight is how scary the jedi are to normal ppl. there are like 15 dudes with big guns and poo poo and they are like oh poo poo... its the jedi. when she is walking down the pathway. its like this thing, fuckd up alien sorcerer thing, well, it jumps 200 feet. it throws poo poo with its mind. its got some hosed up laser swords. thats loving cool lol. the jedi are loving monsters bro. u try and shoot it and it easily deflects your bolts.. drat!!!! she looked so badass. would NOT want to gently caress with that. must have been scary to live in star wars times when ppl like this can exist.
phantom menace established this - as SMG pointed out eons ago, the interior shot when qui-gon is lightsabering his way through the blast doors on the trade federation ship is an homage to a similar shot in forbidden planet where the monster is trying to bust its way in.

this is after qui-gon makes it clear to obi wan that they're there to intimidate the trade federation into backing down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Spookydonut posted:

Okay so apparently beskar existed in old EU because some dude razzed on boba fett for having lovely durasteel armor instead of proper beskar.

Also I'm pretty sure cortosis ore was used for starship hulls or some poo poo.

edit: also cortosis is in disney canon: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Cortosis

Fett's armour in Mando is still the lovely durasteel version. He kept his dad's full beskar suit as a backup in the old canon.

Mando's early armour in season 1 was also lovely durasteel for the most part. Mandalorian iron is rare so they can't always be picky about what metal makes up their armour.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

teagone posted:

My heart really wants a reunited Ghost crew to be ones who save Din and Grogu actually. Hera, Sabine, Zeb, Ezra training Jacen (:unsmith:), and Chopper :allears: [edit] oh and Kallus, why not.

Kallus and Zeb are happily married and raising their adopted children on Lira San :colbert:

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Arcsquad12 posted:

Fett's armour in Mando is still the lovely durasteel version. He kept his dad's full beskar suit as a backup in the old canon.

Mando's early armour in season 1 was also lovely durasteel for the most part. Mandalorian iron is rare so they can't always be picky about what metal makes up their armour.

Why would you keep the armor that can deflect a loving lightsaber as the backup? Why would you even need a backup if you had that?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

teagone posted:

Imagine if Ahsoka meets Luke somehow in another show and calls him Skyguy. Lmao.

lmfao

Ash1138 posted:

phantom menace established this - as SMG pointed out eons ago, the interior shot when qui-gon is lightsabering his way through the blast doors on the trade federation ship is an homage to a similar shot in forbidden planet where the monster is trying to bust its way in.

this is after qui-gon makes it clear to obi wan that they're there to intimidate the trade federation into backing down.

badass

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

robot roll call posted:

Why would you keep the armor that can deflect a loving lightsaber as the backup? Why would you even need a backup if you had that?

Bro have you never played a game with durability? Always keep the rare poo poo for the final boss.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

robot roll call posted:

it reminds me of the story arc of every ultima online player bro. when you are a noob and you go out to farm gold in dungeons and poo poo you strip down to only the bare necessities. simple armor, a humble weapon, some bandages and maybe 5 potions, some trap pouches. but then when you are boss mode.. you got a tower, a few mil, potion kegs stacked to the ceiling and a big guild at ur back bro. when ur in that position u gear UP to leave and go dungeon crawl. 125 items (backpack max), vanquishing weapons, powerful rare armor.

in this case when a pk rolls up on you, you dont run bro. its like taking out your sabers but in the game dude. its mental. you turn and BUFF UP, ready to throw down. you wanna die today? punk? sure, bring your friends... lets see how good you really are. this is the ultimate flex in any video game, all years.

when u are feeling strong bro u step up geared to win. i dont think boba was at this level. he was never maxed out in terms of confidence. always hedging. smart...

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Bro have you never played a game with durability? Always keep the rare poo poo for the final boss.

dude this is true also

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
He worships his dead dad and in some hosed up way probably thinks he doesn't deserve to wear his dad's armor

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Spookydonut posted:

He worships his dead dad and in some hosed up way probably thinks he doesn't deserve to wear his dad's armor

hes rather bitchmade when u think about it. sad

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Also because he wasn't able to get all the Jango bits out.

Tomtrek
Feb 5, 2006

I've had people walk out on me before, but not when I was being so charming.

teagone posted:

Imagine if Ahsoka meets Luke somehow in another show and calls him Skyguy. Lmao.

All I want now is for Rosario Dawson's Ahsoka to meet R2-D2 and call him "Artooie". Dave Filoni never made James Earl Jones' Darth Vader say 'snips' and I'll forever be mad at him for that.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

In the first 15 or so seconds of the opening I thought it was going to be a "Mando needs to fine Ahsoka and convince her to help him fight the monster in the forest to save the locals" thing and then Ahsoka was the monster in the forest

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Robot Style posted:

Deepfakes aren't quite ready for primetime either. They look fine on youtube (and in Leia's case, on top of work that's already 90% of the way there), but Disney's R&D earlier this year were apparently only able to get 1024 x 1024 resolution out of them, which isn't enough for an actor closeup at 2K or 4K. If anything, we're going to see them for little things like stunt performer face replacements before actually using them for stuff like Rogue One.

I dunno... Fans on the internet, or Industrial Light & Magic. No idea who to trust!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Tomtrek posted:

All I want now is for Rosario Dawson's Ahsoka to meet R2-D2 and call him "Artooie".

:same:

As an aside, any of you ITT with kids, nieces, nephews, godsons or goddaughters, etc., who watch the show, I found these little Grogu figures on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Star+Wars+The+Bounty+Collection+Series+2+The+Child+Collectible+Toys+2-pack&i=toys-and-games&ref=nb_sb_noss — they come in 2 packs for ~$16 and would be cute stocking stuffers :3:

I picked up this set for my desk :kimchi:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Tomtrek posted:

All I want now is for Rosario Dawson's Ahsoka to meet R2-D2 and call him "Artooie". Dave Filoni never made James Earl Jones' Darth Vader say 'snips' and I'll forever be mad at him for that.

Him saying padme was enough!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
ok this is hella offtopic but bear with me here please: i watched the recent voltron netflix show whch is for kids but it weas alright i guess. i watched it when i was too blasted to watch anything that i needed to pay attention to. anyways it was pretty tight and here is my 1 thing that i think about: they basically never use the blazing sword, right, which was the OG OP weapon, 1hko. they used it once by the power of friendship, and once when they called on it i think. but then like this was tight in my mind when the ghost of zarkon gets in the black lion and all the old paladin ghosts are in that poo poo they dont gently caress around. they form voltron right off the bat and zarkon immediately busts out the blazing sword and 1 shots a monster. its like drat finally someone who knows how to loving play this game.

thats my derail sorry i just have nobody else to tell this to. thank you and have a great saturday

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Just have Chopper show up to the beacon and make him a permanent part of the cast. We need new Droid presence on this show anyway.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

One relatively obscure thing I liked (and probably has already been a thing but I haven’t watched all of Rebels) was that Ahsoka’s white lightsabers make the exact same ignition, idling, and deactivation sounds that you get if you install a white crystal into the lightsaber you can build in Disney’s Galaxy’s Edge.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

alright im tinkering with a new blaster rifle. this one is meant to be kind of between a regular infantry rifle and a heavy repeater. i guess like a squad automatic weapon like an rpk or one of those heavy automatic fals?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Kanine posted:

alright im tinkering with a new blaster rifle. this one is meant to be kind of between a regular infantry rifle and a heavy repeater. i guess like a squad automatic weapon like an rpk or one of those heavy automatic fals?

put a lightsaber bayonette on it

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Hazo posted:

One relatively obscure thing I liked (and probably has already been a thing but I haven’t watched all of Rebels) was that Ahsoka’s white lightsabers make the exact same ignition, idling, and deactivation sounds that you get if you install a white crystal into the lightsaber you can build in Disney’s Galaxy’s Edge.

Yeah, they have the same ignition and hum SFX as in Rebels (since they're the same sabers). My guess is the reason they sound different from all other lightsabers is because the crystals used to emit the blades were originally blooded by a Sith Inquisitor and then purified by Ahsoka through the Force. I could be wrong, but I like that explanation :)

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Smythe posted:

put a vibroblade bayonette on it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
make an accessory that is the viboshield or whatever the monster guy had on the black ppl jungle planet from star wars shatterpoint

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Reminds me that each saber color in Fallen Order has unique ignition sounds

I like yellow's "stutter"

Herostratus
May 1, 2013
In case anyone wonders how Ashoka could see in the fog:

quote:

A Togruta's montrals allowed them to sense the movement of objects around them through echolocation and could sense up to 82 feet. They have also been known to be carnivores
From Wookipedia. So she is Predator. Perhaps she ate those poor guards off-camera.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
can't any half decent jedi "see" in the fog?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Rinkles posted:

can't any half decent jedi "see" in the fog?

Only when the plot requires it.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Vinylshadow posted:

Is Fallen Order worth playing?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hell yeah it is. It’s a blast. Good story too and one of the coolest end levels I’ve played in awhile.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Vinylshadow posted:

Yeah I love this little detail. Same with the Kyber crystals from Disney. I have white, yellow, green, and purple (blue and red are covered by my Rey and Dooku legacy sabers) and they’re all different. I’m a huge nerd for lightsabers and I really should keep playing Fallen Order past Bogano.

Yellow’s janky sound is great, but my favorites are the “snapping” ignition noise from green and white.

Hazo fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Nov 28, 2020

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Spacebump posted:

I thought that game was an atrocious pile of crap, so ymmv. If you have the money to spare and it's on sale for less then 20, it can be worth it to see if you enjoy it.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Spacebump posted:

If you have Game Pass Ultimate, it's on there now (for Xbox only atm, EA Play's library on Game Pass for PC is coming in December).

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Does anyone think it was weird that bo-katan sent mando to a planet that Ahsoka seemed to be assaulting? Are we supposed to infer that the imperial remnants had just arrived, and that mando also arrives on the same day as her 1 day ultimatum? Did I miss something in my fervor?

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Smythe posted:

what if the cool clone guy was alive. did he die? the cool clone guy from clone war who had the dual pistols

edit drat io love to post about STAR WAR

im like 90% sure rex is still alive but he'd be like yoda level grandpa old

Spacebump posted:

Imagine Sekiro but worse

However, Sekiro is such a good game that this means that JFO is still really good

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Kanine posted:

I appreciate that you retained a place to store the takedown pins.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Spacebump posted:

I picked it back up yesterday and imo, it's the recent Tomb Raider games, but janky as gently caress. Which is too bad because I really want to like the game

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Spacebump posted:

Absolutely

Mod scene's a lot of fun too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

teagone posted:

"Weeping, Ashoka draws Luke to her breast to suckle and the circle is complete."

Actually, I like Filoni, but I also have perfect confidence the dude has an Ahsoka body pillow that he hides when company comes around.