Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I would like to hear from somebody that actually listened to it as a commentary track. I worry that watching the movie will ruin the magic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I watched the movie and it was kind of surreal seeing it for the first time when thanks to the boys I already knew the action beat by beat. If anything it gave me a greater appreciation for how much disdain all right-thinking people should have for Paulblartmallcop. I do basically agree with this critic that it's a void masquerading as entertainment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c63LkEkLvQo

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

RandomFerret posted:

I would like to hear from somebody that actually listened to it as a commentary track. I worry that watching the movie will ruin the magic

I watched the movie on low volume with subtitles on so that I could clearly hear the commentary and it was a lot of fun.

The subtitles got out of synch with the movie's audio right after Blart said "Chicken Chow Lane" and I couldn't fix it, which definitely added another layer of weirdness to the movie.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

am i really about to spend £8 on Blart 2 on prime?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

It's apparently on New Zealand Netflix if you have the means to access that

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Just get a free trial of a VPN at that point, yeah.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Party Boat posted:

It's apparently on New Zealand Netflix if you have the means to access that

oh my god thank you....

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

CainsDescendant posted:

I was worried this years' would be super low energy and not fun because of what a bummer everything else is but they seemed to have fun with it

I was actually wondering if the reason they decided to do a commentary was because they feared the normal free association style of this podcast would immediately descend into depressingville.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

catching up on my long mbmbam backlog and boy i was not expecting the turn in the tony hawk burrito bit

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

catching up on my long mbmbam backlog and boy i was not expecting the turn in the tony hawk burrito bit

It’s near Al Rocker levels of brother panic. It’s great. (That’s the one where the person recognizes their voice, right?)

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

showbiz_liz posted:

I fell off TAZ around episode 8 or 9 this season, partly because my commute went away, and I just started the arc again from the beginning. As predicted it's gotten much easier to deal with the laggy beginning on a binge-listen, and by the time it got to the teens I was back on board - and then I just got to episode 16 where they chop that guy's hand off and it fully ruled.

I'll have to give it another try once I get through my current relisten of the Balance arc. I listened to the first few, and enjoyed the setting (and LOVED Justin as the Firbolg) but the problem I had was that Travis was introducing so many characters at a time that I couldn't keep up. Did he get better at that as it went on?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Sort of? It's hard to pinpoint one thing exactly. Though it is kind of funny how Graduation's quality shot right up after Travis announced it'd be ending soon

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

TL posted:

I'll have to give it another try once I get through my current relisten of the Balance arc. I listened to the first few, and enjoyed the setting (and LOVED Justin as the Firbolg) but the problem I had was that Travis was introducing so many characters at a time that I couldn't keep up. Did he get better at that as it went on?

Yeah, after the first little bit a lot of those characters get more or less dropped, and the others get more fleshed out and become actual characters. Since I was binging I just decided not to try overly hard to keep track, and it didn't take long before I had a handle on who everyone was.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
As far as I can tell PBMC2 is not available on netflix in NZ but it is available on Netflix Germany.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!

TL posted:

Really the only student that matters is Rainer and a bunch of the teachers get dropped too.

For me, Graduation has been a story with really player fun characters and an interesting world. But they're stuck in lengthy meandering plots that don't go anywhere punctuated by sudden, invigorating moments that have been just enough to keep the hope alive that it'll at least end well. And those moments have been getting more and more frequent lately. I can definitely see it being better on a binge listen.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

geri_khan posted:

Really the only student that matters is Rainer and a bunch of the teachers get dropped too.

For me, Graduation has been a story with really player fun characters and an interesting world. But they're stuck in lengthy meandering plots that don't go anywhere punctuated by sudden, invigorating moments that have been just enough to keep the hope alive that it'll at least end well. And those moments have been getting more and more frequent lately. I can definitely see it being better on a binge listen.

For me episode 12 is where it really started clicking (not that I hated everything before then, but it was kinda aimless up to that point). You get some really crucial info about the Big Plot and then the guys go off on an off-campus adventure that requires a lot of strategy and ends with a VERY cool fight a few episodes later. Then once they get back, there's natural narrative momentum that was lacking in the first dozen episodes. I'm up to episode 25 now.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

TL posted:

He thankfully didn't stick with the pace of introducing several at a time, but now whenever he mentions one in the story, I still have no idea who it is.

Amnesty was kind of like that too, but part of the reason was that nearly everyone in Kepler was just "a person". Balance, and the mini-arcs, each benefited from breaking it up into chunks so NPCs could be introduced gradually and then move on from them once it was done.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

sticklefifer posted:

He thankfully didn't stick with the pace of introducing several at a time, but now whenever he mentions one in the story, I still have no idea who it is.

Amnesty was kind of like that too, but part of the reason was that nearly everyone in Kepler was just "a person". Balance, and the mini-arcs, each benefited from breaking it up into chunks so NPCs could be introduced gradually and then move on from them once it was done.

Commitment was the worst about this. Here's a list of 12 NPCs, now go have a conversation with each one of them.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I hope they do more Amnesty live shows because I enjoy combining the more grounded setting with the absolute buckwild energy of live shows in increasingly thinly justified ways.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

PetraCore posted:

I hope they do more Amnesty live shows because I enjoy combining the more grounded setting with the absolute buckwild energy of live shows in increasingly thinly justified ways.

god the twist ending of the halloween special was so good the boys just rolled with it perfectly

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

https://twitter.com/McElroyFamily/status/1333425384298323970?s=20

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Bros Better, Bros Best this week

Been a long rear end time since they did that, I'm realizing

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's a pretty wild contrast. They really did do a lot more blue material before they all had kids.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

sticklefifer posted:

It's a pretty wild contrast. They really did do a lot more blue material before they all had kids.

yea I haven't listened to the old poo poo in ages, still good as hell but I never even registered the change in tone until now

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I’M GONNA CUM IN YOU HULK HOGAN

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ariong posted:

I’M GONNA CUM IN YOU HULK HOGAN

Griffin's Andre was amazing

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Ratashootie is a top tier joke holy poo poo

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I just find out that they cut the joke from the last taz live show that got the biggest laugh of the night, and I'm mad about it

"I hallucinated that ned was still alive"

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

RandomFerret posted:

I just find out that they cut the joke from the last taz live show that got the biggest laugh of the night, and I'm mad about it

hahaha gently caress

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

RandomFerret posted:

Minerva should have come to pick Duck up from the hospital

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I think that's why Griffin stressed it was non-canon at the beginning

That and in case Justin tried to do something like murder Muffy and Winthrop

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

RandomFerret posted:

THEY CUT THAT??? Fuckin laaaame. That was great being there.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
Contemporary references to the Wii U, Game of Thrones, and Sasha Fierce all in the first minute really put you in a time and place.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

i've been listening to old episodes of mbmbam lately and i forgot how culty the ads for the maxfuncon sounded.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sankis posted:

i've been listening to old episodes of mbmbam lately and i forgot how culty the ads for the maxfuncon sounded.

Have you ever wanted to be surrounded by people like you? People who like you? You will feel so loved, it'll be like a bomb of love going off all around you!

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

lmao the threesome extreme restraints comment.

"My Husband is very small, only 6" long... Uh oh!"

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

That Bros Better was really good. Kinda makes me wanna start mbmbam from the beginning again.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Tears In A Vial posted:

That Bros Better was really good. Kinda makes me wanna start mbmbam from the beginning again.

Old mbmbam was my commute fallback, if I didn't have anything else to listen to or didn't want to listen to anything else, I'd just keep like 10 or so old mbmbams ready to go. The last time I reupped the stash was March :negative:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

"I don't think Tim Curry could entice an adult to do anything"

Man, I forget how loving hereto these guys are sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

RandomFerret posted:

"I don't think Tim Curry could entice an adult to do anything"

Man, I forget how loving hereto these guys are sometimes
are you talking about rocky horror or saying you want to gently caress tim curry