Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Best Friends posted:

if you're mad at masks with cutesy colors then you're mad at people wearing hand-sewn masks with scrap fabric. this all seems very much like some aesthetics first bullshit but I haven't seen her actual argument, just what goons here are saying

she was just annoyed by some dumb thing people in brooklyn were doing and she assumed it was a universal phenomenon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

The Muppets On PCP posted:

she was just annoyed by some dumb thing people in brooklyn were doing and she assumed it was a universal phenomenon
as someone from rural midwest, i....

....i'm a cosmopolitan

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Wrex Ruckus posted:

I don't like how there's so many people who still don't believe the virus is real, but it's not really their fault. It's the libs that are to blame for insisting it is real

turns out reality...has a liberal bias :D

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Farm Frenzy posted:

the sickos in this thread are so addicted to getting mad at amber takes that they strain themselves half remembering ones from months ago. hosed up

a picture of a podcast fan, seconds before they summon back the memories of Amber takes once raged over

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Best Friends posted:

I haven't seen her actual argument, just what goons here are saying

You can basically just replace every post on the last two pages with this

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

TheSlutPit posted:

yeah the libs didn’t start it but about around April there was definitely a huge trend on Normal People social media of libs trying to outdo each other with “STAY. THE. gently caress. HOME,” accusing people of being trump sympathizers, etc. my favorite that I saw a few times was ‘getting gas is morally unconscionable because you might infect the gas pump handle with covid’

the COVID thread in this very subforum still has meltdowns like this sometimes. throwing a bitch fit over something innocuous is a great way to get people to take you seriously

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

ur in my world now posted:

the COVID thread in this very subforum still has meltdowns like this sometimes. throwing a bitch fit over something innocuous is a great way to get people to take you seriously

Having a big BBQ then telling the covid thread is the best part about it

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Homeless Friend posted:

Having a big BBQ then telling the covid thread is the best part about it

agreed. i was gonna post like "just got back from Thanksgiving dinner with my family, so good to see everyone* again in-person! :D" in there but they were already freaking about something else by the time I got there

*3 people :troll:

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I don't like that vanilla people are getting so much enjoyment from wearing masks these days. It's appropriation.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
the mask article had an obnoxious tone but lmao it was just "masks suck poo poo to wear, i understand the need and will do it but they still suck why lie about that"

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
did the thread run out of fresh amber content to get mad at? that article is 6 months old lol

Serf
May 5, 2011

masks are great because they cover up my ugly face

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
the trillbillies ep was just more indiana meema talk and those complaints get run through quick

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Goast posted:

the trillbillies ep was just more indiana meema talk and those complaints get run through quick

I'm peeved at her dumb namee she has for her grandmother, there I said it

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
amber makes people angry which is good and cool imo

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Serf posted:

masks are great because they cover up my ugly face

:same:

I love not having to handshake anymore too

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

the latest QAA ep on this monstrosity is incredible

directed/written/starring some Cesar Sayoc-like weirdo who saves america from an army of Jokers, with the help of police execution squads and TRUPM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8ZvT9l_EME

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

TRUMP!!!!!

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Durf posted:

TRUMP!!!!!

The soliton radar... It's tremendous, fantastic really. Amazing technology the solid radar. It lets you see the biggest guys, and these are scary guys let me tell you, from very far. Very very far, folks.

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
as someone whose mamaw and papaw are form Appalachian Harlan and was born there:

gently caress JD Vance forever

I like that Amber talked over almost everyone but the trillbilliea should have been able to talk more. Matt and Will needed to shut the gently caress up.

funny how the people from rural agricultural/mining America would become maoists. funny how that works!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

so you support uncontrolled spread of a deadly airborne virus. good to know!

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Taintrunner posted:

hell yeah. high five

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Taintrunner posted:

that's right. problem?

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

It'd be cool if we could just, like, accept that the rules and traditions of clan scorpion from legend of the five rings exists now, and some of us are just going to keep wearing more and more elaborate and intentionally unnerving masks everyday for the rest of our lives, and will, in fact, be very offended if you ask us to remove our masks.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

that's right. problem?

enjoy your cheesy lung!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

If you die of covid you won't have to read more Taintrunner posts

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
at least covid might make wearing a mask while sick a normal thing in more places

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

StashAugustine posted:

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

fr0id posted:

gently caress JD Vance forever

quote:

After graduating, he enlisted in the United States Marine Corps[15] and served in Iraq, performing public affairs activities.[16] Vance later received a B.A. degree in political science and philosophy from The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio.[8][17] At Ohio State, he worked for Republican state senator Bob Schuler.[18]

After graduating from Ohio State, Vance received a J.D. degree from Yale Law School. During his first year at Yale, his mentor and professor Amy Chua convinced him to write his memoir.[19]

After law school, Vance worked as a principal in a venture capital firm owned by Peter Thiel,[1] known as Mithril Capital Management.[20] In 2020, Vance raised $93 million for Narya Capital, based in Cincinnati, Ohio

Vance is a Visiting Fellow at the American Enterprise Institute researching American society and culture, and the social impact of economic policy.

In August 2019, Vance converted to Catholicism in Cincinnati, Ohio,[29] in a Baptism ceremony attended by various conservatives, including Rod Dreher. In an interview with Dreher after the ceremony, Vance said he converted because he "became persuaded over time that Catholicism was true," and described Catholic doctrine's influence on his political views.

:barf:

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
the loving tiger mom

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Shipon posted:

the loving tiger mom

JD Vance and she could make one hell of a cursed movie about American exceptionalism

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

StashAugustine posted:

[voice from the back of the funeral]: very cool that you fash-adjacent libs would die right now to make sure your deaths aren't counted under the admin of that loving warmongering rapist you love so much

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

thank u for this

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crane Fist posted:

[voice from the back of the funeral]: very cool that you fash-adjacent libs would die right now to make sure your deaths aren't counted under the admin of that loving warmongering rapist you love so much

let’s be real. the swaths of people that will die needlessly under Biden will be written off by liberals under a litany of excuses. and then the Republicans will sweep 2022 and crush 2024. lol.

Dumper Humper
Jul 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Fluoride Jones posted:

Meemaw and pep-pep are perfectly cromulent names

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

the Republicans will sweep 2022 and crush 2024. lol.

this sounds like a toxx

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Fluoride Jones posted:

my grandmothers were both from the same town in south Louisiana. one was Mamaw and the other was Mimi. the only granddad i knew was from Kentucky and was called Papaw.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Victory Position posted:

this sounds like a toxx

the last time Biden was in the executive branch it cost the Dems 1000+ seats nationwide

Ostiosis
Nov 3, 2002

Shipon posted:

the loving tiger mom

didn't she also groom female interns for brett kavanaugh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Dumper Humper posted:

Meemaw and pep-pep are perfectly cromulent names

Koopas don't have grandparents