Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

explosivo posted:

Hi friends, I have never watched TNG before or really any Star Trek for that matter but just started watching catching random episodes on Pluto.tv and I think this show might be kinda good! I went back and started watching from the beginning on Netflix, I particularly liked the episode where everyone got covid if covid just made you super horny. Picard grunts suggestively at one point when he realizes he's been infected and it was really loving funny.

If you’re looking for consistent horny space people and viruses then trek might let you down in the long run

Might I recommend Farscape?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZGG_tuOZfU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

For horny, you want Lexx.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

The General posted:

For horny, you want Lexx.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

explosivo posted:

Hi friends, I have never watched TNG before or really any Star Trek for that matter but just started watching catching random episodes on Pluto.tv and I think this show might be kinda good! I went back and started watching from the beginning on Netflix, I particularly liked the episode where everyone got covid if covid just made you super horny. Picard grunts suggestively at one point when he realizes he's been infected and it was really loving funny.

Good news! If you make it past the next episode you will have watched what is probably the worst episode in the entire run!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

CainFortea posted:

Good news! If you make it past the next episode you will have watched what is probably the worst episode in the entire run!

Oh lmao I absolutely sat through that one. I couldn't tell if it was definitely problematic or just maybe problematic but eeah. I thought the electrified jungle gym looked kinda fun!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I would like to offer the controversial opinion that Manhunt is really funny

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

explosivo posted:

Oh lmao I absolutely sat through that one. I couldn't tell if it was definitely problematic or just maybe problematic but eeah. I thought the electrified jungle gym looked kinda fun!

Oh it's problematic.

It was originally supposed to be a race of reptiles following a code of honor similar to bushido. But got turned around by a staff writer to be "tribal africans" instead.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
That and they were burning through dozens of writers (at the time) and had already scrapped multiple scripts and had like NO time.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

CainFortea posted:

Oh it's problematic.

It was originally supposed to be a race of reptiles following a code of honor similar to bushido. But got turned around by a staff writer to be "tribal africans" instead.

I thought that was the director that decided to go that direction with the casting and costuming.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Dabir posted:

I love that episode so much

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Dabir posted:

This isn’t controversial. Manhunt rocks.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

HD DAD posted:

The scene where Picard calls in Data to be his reverse wingman slays me every time

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

mango sentinel posted:

Yeah, that's why the robots were able to set the atmosphere on fire.

Edit: as pointed out above, Mars has a negligible magnetosphere IRL and won't hold any kind of atmosphere of any kind because solar winds just blow it away.

Can't hold atmosphere over a short time astronomically speaking, or an inconceivable long time on human terms.

That said nasa thinks only 1 tesla in martian orbit would be enough to restore some kind of martian atmosphere

https://phys.org/news/2017-03-nasa-magnetic-shield-mars-atmosphere.html

That 1 tesla figure was then misunderstood by Elon Musk

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tunicate posted:

Can't hold atmosphere over a short time astronomically speaking, or an inconceivable long time on human terms.

That said nasa thinks only 1 tesla in martian orbit would be enough to restore some kind of martian atmosphere

https://phys.org/news/2017-03-nasa-magnetic-shield-mars-atmosphere.html

That 1 tesla figure was then misunderstood by Elon Musk

I chuckled :allears:.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

sweet geek swag posted:

I honestly don't get why people think Jake would spend his life trying to get his father back after the end of DS9. He knows where his father is, he knows he is there willingly, and he knows he will see him again (provided Jake doesn't die in an accident or something). Hell, if he really needs his help he can just fly into the wormhole and ask to see him, Sisko will definitely take the time to say hello. The prophets won't care, they have no concept of time! There is precisely zero reason for Jake to do anything. And if he did, what would he do? Would he declare war on the prophets, try to destroy the wormhole, or join the Bajoran priesthood? The Federation is not going to sign off on helping him harass the prophets just because he misses his dad, that's for sure.

In my mind Jake likely left to become a journalistic writer before writing an account of the events on DS9 and the ascent of Bajor to the Federation which was deeply loved in the Federation. That became popular after Romulans were less then happy with Federations efforts to help with Homeworld issues.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jake wrote a repetitive epic that broke all sales records on Cardassia Prime

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Jake wrote a repetitive epic that broke all sales records on Cardassia Prime

Since it’s canon that humans are the horniest species, it was a repetitive trashy romance: Fifty Generations of Grey (the love interest is The State, of course)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
jake's probably an insufferable podcaster

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Nog's Patreon

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

HD DAD posted:

for a hot second I forgot which episode that was and thought that was the floating adapting phaser pod weapon episode.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

CainFortea posted:

for a hot second I forgot which episode that was and thought that was the floating adapting phaser pod weapon episode.

Arsenal of Freedom? That one is also great. Season one has a few legit gems sprinkled here and there.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Chomp8645 posted:

What a charming coin press.

Haha.

That's one of my favorite episodes. What if we are all like those aliens, just playing archetypes? Like two people hell bent on killing each other, and they both succeed, then afterwards, in some other dimension, they re-become the original aliens, and have a calm and friendly discourse on the experience.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

these are pretty funny
https://www.instagram.com/trekcasttng/

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

wait a minute

someone quote an obrien line without looking it up

i can only think of one

what the gently caress

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

GolfHole posted:

wait a minute

someone quote an obrien line without looking it up

i can only think of one

what the gently caress

"I long for death."

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
i wish keiko was more like a man

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009
Spoonheads

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

O'Brien, wearing a sheet with way too many holes cut into it, gazes into the bag in his hands. "I got a potato..."

*Flashback ends* "And that, Molly, was the best Halloween ever."

Molly: "Can I go live with Mommy?"

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

"not now, keiko"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
o'brien has great scenes and episodes rather than individual lines. his life is an endless joke that is all set up and no punch line.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

"He was a union man" always gets a little tear out of me.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

*snort*

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
my favorite o'brien scene was in tng shortly after he married keiko, and he was having trouble with her bizarre all-kelp diet that she insisted he also follow even though technically everything from a replicator is vegan. so he decided to meet her halfway and replicated one of his family's recipes, a fairly innocuous vegetarian potato casserole and keiko acted like he had poo poo on her plate.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Would YOU trust food brought to you by that miserable bastard?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I loving love potatoes, so yes.

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

HD DAD posted:

Arsenal of Freedom? That one is also great. Season one has a few legit gems sprinkled here and there.

Vincent Schiavelli is fantastic and goes all-in on being a used car salesman this episode and it rules. Bonus points for the USS Lollipop, it's a good ship.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Would YOU trust food brought to you by that miserable bastard?

why not? it's not like o'brien is a prankster or has a taste for exotic cuisine or anything. at worst proximity to the man might cause depression, but that would happen no matter what dinner consisted of.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Poison Mind posted:

Vincent Schiavelli is fantastic and goes all-in on being a used car salesman this episode and it rules. Bonus points for the USS Lollipop, it's a good ship.

Late TNG would never have deigned to have a little fun with the good ship Lollipop, they would have stuck their noses right into the ceiling and huffed about "this is Star Trek The Next Generation, we are making the most innovative, groundbreaking television, we do not have time for such frivolities as *sniffff* ...Shirley Temple references."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

what we need is a few good taters