Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
if it's just for overworld consider anemo traveler for the speed increase and reduced stamina usage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disconnecticus
Oct 21, 2012

Wait, like, actual money?
I guess there's no way to abandon a meteorite remains salvage zone until they're all cleared out, like to get a new one? Stonehide Lawachurls are just destroying me by pushing me out of the ring faster than I can get back in. Never should have gone to the next world level, now I'm badly undergeared with no time left to fix it.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hellioning posted:

If Paimon betrays the MC, how can we enjoy more endless Emergency Rations jokes?

After Paimon betrays us our mission will be to finally eat Paimon for real.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Space Opera posted:

I was saving my primo to roll for zhongli, but I needed 2 more star glitter to get bennet from the shop, so I pulled once....and blew my guaranteed banner 5* and got childe :( and I STILL dont have enough glitter for bennet!

I have mine primed about 50 rolls in and have been pulling in the normal or weapon banner

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Disconnecticus posted:

I guess there's no way to abandon a meteorite remains salvage zone until they're all cleared out, like to get a new one? Stonehide Lawachurls are just destroying me by pushing me out of the ring faster than I can get back in. Never should have gone to the next world level, now I'm badly undergeared with no time left to fix it.

Maybe try subbing in Noelle, her shield is 250% efficient against Geo. Put some +DEF artifacts on her and she can help you take a lot of Lavachurl punishment.

Disconnecticus
Oct 21, 2012

Ashenai posted:

Maybe try subbing in Noelle, her shield is 250% efficient against Geo. Put some +DEF artifacts on her and she can help you take a lot of Lavachurl punishment.

I'll try that, I just finished levelling her up to where I am now.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

No Wave posted:

It's somewhat close but assuming you have a 50% phys goblet equipped and 100% atk from other sources Rust ends up ahead by about 7% or so purely on autos (the deciding factor is Rust's 449 base ATK at level 80 vs compound bow's 401).

When you consider that Oz also benefits from Rust's ATK and higher base ATK I think it's the more clear choice.

Thanks. I don’t have those stats now but I will eventually. I’ve spent a good 800 resin now farming for Noblesse and Bloodstained gear and I haven’t gotten poo poo. Extremely frustrating.

On Monday I’ll blow whatever fragile resin I need to get it to 80. Thank god for the event mora and weapon xp.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
When you say you haven't gotten poo poo - is that really possible? You've gotten 40 unusable golds? I've done 15 runs in the past few days and had some bad luck but still got some usable stuff including a noblesse hp goblet and healing mask and a mediocre flower/feather I was happy to put on Diona.

EDIT: OH you're doing artifact domains at AR43......... you might want to wait two AR levels to do that, you get a guaranteed gold every run at AR45.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Flavahbeast posted:

after Paimon betrays you all instances of Paimon are replaced with a holographic projection of Paimon

Didn't want to tack that onto that megapost detailing some of the more obscure lore but there's an altogether more horrifying possibility.

Paimon has a lot of associations with time. She even suddenly appears when you open the menu. So what happens if she betrays you?

You can't stop time any more. Meaning every time you're in a menu the game keeps playing in the background like you're in co-op. Want to heal up with food? Tough poo poo, nerd. You don't have that power any more. :unsmigghh:

Also, there's one other thing I want to mention about the lore that may be connected in some way to the Abyss, what might be Earth (if Teyvat is literally Project Ark or an AU equivalent), and the sky.

It's the connection of all of this to Dainsleif and the PC traveler. You and him are outright referred to as the Keeper of the Bough. A bough is a fancy word for branch. Honkai Impact 3's one great "need to know" contribution to Genshin's lore is to confirm that Honkai exists in some form in every world on a branch of the metaphorical Tree of Life that is the multiverse. And that it's possible that there can presumably be multiple worlds of a similar type on a single branch (or nearby branches).

quote:

The keeper is fading away; the creator has not yet come.

But the world shall burn no more, for you shall ascend.

I should note that the PC's story profile is really neat. It has a ton of info you wouldn't know otherwise. Like the fact that they weren't just flying through some weird cloud domain in the intro. They showed up as Kiana was annihilating everything and probably tried to book it. That may be what Scaramouche meant when he said the sky was a lie. It's whatever that place in the intro was. Either way, given the time between the apocalypse you chanced across and now there's some serious time traveling going on as a result.

quote:

A boy and a girl stood amidst the tumult, under an unfamiliar sky. You were a pair of traveling twins, passing through countless worlds during your journey. Descending upon a continent named Teyvat, you hoped that you would be able to enjoy your time here.

But as you awoke among the falling stars, you saw the world in turmoil, a cataclysm raging across the land...
You sought to leave this place and move on to the next world, but then an Unknown God stood before you, barring the way. This deity was spotless, floating over a world of chaos.
Looking down on you.

The god took your only kin away, and you were sealed and cast into a deep slumber filled with nightmares...
When you reawakened, the world was changed. The flames of war raged no longer, and nothing was left that looked familiar.
How long had you been asleep? You had no answers.
Thus you began a lonely journey, seeking the deity that you had once laid eyes upon...

So yeah, there's a high probability that Dainsleif is a version of the Traveler that went a bit wrong somewhere. And assuming the time traveling shenanigans don't get any more complex then the world (and by extension all the characters you've met) are probably depending on him to keep existing for some reason. Except he's fading. If you pay close attention to the art for his model it's apparent he's got a raging borderline stage 4 Honkai infection spreading up his arms. Which as we've gone into is not good for your health, sanity, or general willingness to let anything other than yourself continue existing.

There's also a reference to the "Creator" (Read that legend of the halberd excerpt for some weird stuff regarding that. It's possible that's the local Honkai entity equivalent, if the mad celestial emperor thing isn't referring to something else. Maybe something in Celestia itself?) not showing up yet too in the text regarding him. Which is a problem, since as mentioned the current Keeper is is not doing well. Which probably is why the story of the traveler mentions him or her ascending.

Exactly what the heck is going to happen when we hit the last chapter of the Teyvat arc? And why is he, a person that appears to be a far older version of the male Traveler so interested in the younger one defeating him, ordering him to stand down, and proceeding onwards to save the younger version of his sibling? I mean, this is his description so far:

quote:

The confluence between the past and future

The original calamity had been overturned, yet the island in the sky set the earth to burn. Chalk pursues gold, in this time inopportune, the eclipse is swallowed by the crimson moon. The future must atone for bygone mistakes, as the bond familiar falters and breaks— of the same blood, elders and the youth... Such is the cycle of the world, in truth. Dain, what is that strand of blonde hair to you? Someone you must kill? Or the object of your penitence?

—A self-proclaimed prophet

That last chapter is sounding increasingly apocalyptic in scope the more they hint about it.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Nov 29, 2020

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

No Wave posted:

When you say you haven't gotten poo poo - is that really possible? You've gotten 40 unusable golds? I've done 15 runs in the past few days and had some bad luck but still got some usable stuff including a noblesse hp goblet and healing mask and a mediocre flower/feather I was happy to put on Diona.

EDIT: OH you're doing artifact domains at AR43......... you might want to wait two AR levels to do that, you get a guaranteed gold every run at AR45.

Oh. Guess I’ll focus on getting what I need to 90 someone other than Fischl. It’ll probably be Bennet or maybe Noelle.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Between 40 and 45 weapon ascension mats are the best thing to farm. If you really don't have any other use for your resin it's the best thing to stock up on. Everything else improves (sometimes substantially) when you hit 45.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
Just to clear something up lore-wise from earlier, the chinese/japanese for the knights of favonius isn't based on "sephirot" it's based on "zephyrus", which is the greek name for favonius (roman god of the west wind). i guess favonius sounds weird as a loanword?

On the subject of the knights, do we know what they actually mostly all left to deal with and i just missed it? is that what dragonspine is gonna be about?

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Stanko-Prussian posted:

Just to clear something up lore-wise from earlier, the chinese/japanese for the knights of favonius isn't based on "sephirot" it's based on "zephyrus", which is the greek name for favonius (roman god of the west wind). i guess favonius sounds weird as a loanword?

On the subject of the knights, do we know what they actually mostly all left to deal with and i just missed it? is that what dragonspine is gonna be about?

Huh, thought the sephirot thing was a bit weird to mistranslate. That explains it. Zephyrus is far more accurate to the themes Monstadt has going. Also shoots down the whole "it's just random words meant to give shallow context" thing that one guy was saying.

So we know a bit. The real grand master is an apparent badass (How badass? Childe/Ajax/Tartaglia, a guy who may have literally trained in the setting equivalent of Hell under the tutelage of what might well be Kiana, Raiden Mei, or another Herrsher equivalent desperately wants to fight him and refers to him as "The Titan of the Knights of Favonius. This, from the guy who's basically a one man army himself even when we get a playable version of him deliberately holding back for entertainment purposes.) that makes Jean and all the other Monstadters we know about look kind of wimpy by comparison.

His name is Varka and some time before the story began he took the majority of Monstadt's elite armed forces among the Knights and went off on an expedition to...somewhere. It's not made clear. Maybe dragon spine mountain?

Whatever happened, he and the company of elite troops (And there are 10 companies of the Knights we know of. So maybe he took the first company? Means we may get a 4 star Knight Captain if so.) never came back. It may be they're tied down dealing with some crisis. It may be they're dead. No one knows for sure and he doesn't have much information on him yet. Maybe we'll get hints about him in the next zone? It is bordering Monstadt.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Nov 29, 2020

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

More information about what the Abyss could possibly be: the Prayers for X artifacts all talk about priests with crowns of silver-white branches going into the "deep places" of the world to seek information about the possibility that their current prophetically-assured prosperity might end in the future, a matter which the envoys of the gods are conspicuously silent on. There's ruins of ancient civilizations in these "deep places," and mentions of a silver tree where the crowns are kept. Where else have we heard about a silver tree? The Dead Ley Line materials, which you get from Abyss mages. Their descriptions say they come from "deep within the earth," and they're filled with a sort of light blue energy. Didn't you say the Honkai corruption on Dainsleif's arm was light blue, unlike the red Honkai corruption shown in HI3? I'll eat my hat if these color schemes are unrelated.

Stanko-Prussian posted:

It's been called both an "expedition" and a "crusade," but I don't think we've been given any more details than that. Maybe they're taking the fight with the Abyss Order into the Abyss?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Thanks, Boreas! I can finally replace the hourglass I've been running since like AR30

:bisonyes: Number go up!

This is for being huge assholes in Floor 12
https://i.imgur.com/VpZJac3.mp4

Corla Plankun posted:

Thank y'all for endorsing Sucrose, too. The concept of a "support" in this game hadn't really clicked for me until recently but opening with Sucrose to group up mobs, and then switching to Chongyun with the Thrilling Tales buff to lay a fat Prototype Aminus AoE Crush on everyone has been so satisfying. I haven't really decided who my 4th party member should be but Sucrose + Barbara + Chongyun is a really fun and sustainable combo for doing overworld stuff.

Barbara's nice early on, but I've been so very happy with Xingqiu as my hydro enabler and Diona as my healer and cryo backup. Xingqiu/Sucrose/Diona is my Chongyun's main squad 4 lyfe

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Bloody Emissary posted:

More information about what the Abyss could possibly be: the Prayers for X artifacts all talk about priests with crowns of silver-white branches going into the "deep places" of the world to seek information about the possibility that their current prophetically-assured prosperity might end in the future, a matter which the envoys of the gods are conspicuously silent on. There's ruins of ancient civilizations in these "deep places," and mentions of a silver tree where the crowns are kept. Where else have we heard about a silver tree? The Dead Ley Line materials, which you get from Abyss mages. Their descriptions say they come from "deep within the earth," and they're filled with a sort of light blue energy. Didn't you say the Honkai corruption on Dainsleif's arm was light blue, unlike the red Honkai corruption shown in HI3? I'll eat my hat if these color schemes are unrelated.

As far as we know so far the major variant of the Honkai infection is indeed a light blue to blueish color. If we're assuming that the sealed gods can't project a colored form of their energy into things then that would fit with Honkai infections in this timeline being blue colored.

Possibly also purple too. Since the Cicin's have weird purplish markings on them that you can see on their back along with corpse grey skin and a reverb that is typical to all Honkai infected that are too far gone. The skin is a sign in HI3 and Gun Girls Z that they were "low tolerance" humans that got blasted with too much Honkai energy. It also suggests that there's a Herrsher about to be "born" in the immediate future. Which would explain why they're collecting flowers that may be related to Honkai radiation. Along with why bribing them with those flowers or their products are the only way you can get them to not go axe crazy at the sight of another human.

All of which bodes poorly for Dainsleif's mental health in the future, given that he's literally standing in a field of flowers and ranting about defying this world with a power beyond it when we see him in the trailer.

I should also note that the Honkai infections at least appear to be adaptive over time. So there could be multiple looks to it. In HI3 there's a demon sleeping in China (Remember that hosed up tree in Li Yue with the girl waxing misanthropic about the future of humanity? Yeaaaah... She's well on her way to zombiedom or worse, if that really is Honkai related. Hell, her hair is a weird blue color too, from what I recall.) that is confirmed to be a Honkai manifestation. It looks nothing like all the other Honkai infectees in the series, basically being so large it acts as a literal womb level that took a MANTIS survivor from the first civilization sacrificing herself (At which point she went insane since the thing trapped her inside of it for a few centuries.) to seal away forever.

In HI3, Honkai infected enemies come in three variants. Psychic enemies, mechanical enemies, and another class. Organic, I think? Maybe that explains the difference in Cicin's color. I know psychic had a theme at least early on that had them related to a purple-ish pink color. So that may be an explanation, albeit an immense long shot of one.

Unfortunately we don't know enough to figure out if something is going on with the Cicin for sure yet. The light blue color is definitely relevant though. Take a look at the Herrsher of the Void's arms. She's got a different color of the exact same effect on her arms.

quote:

It's been called both an "expedition" and a "crusade," but I don't think we've been given any more details than that. Maybe they're taking the fight with the Abyss Order into the Abyss?

This would be exceedingly metal. I would even go so far as to state that it would be the most metal outcome possible in the story. Charging into the dark spaces outside the boundaries of the world to slay the local equivalent of demons is literally the Doom Slayer alternative to solving the problem of your antagonists. :black101:

But yeah, either way with what we currently know it really sounds like this entire planet/ship/whatever it is is just shot through with apocalyptic amounts of Honkai energy. Vision users probably are getting it in a safer form similar to the Valkyries and their higher powered MANTIS variants in HI3, Gnosis users are definitely using it given that Delusions are made from Archon "residue" of some sort (Does that mean residue from the gnosis? Or does that mean the Archons are essentially radioactive and are producing in the same way that all HI monsters produced it in HI3?), there's flowers that are implied in an oblique manner to be producing radiation that is attracting what may or may not be semi to actually zombified humans that wander the wilderness maiming anyone they find, and it's literally bleeding out of the trees in a few areas and requires resin to cleanse.

If it isn't something else then this is beyond even the level of poo poo where the HI3 prehistory protagonists went all in on the "Okay, so the entire planet is hosed. We're all going to die, and the human species is officially going to be rendered extinct at least once before we even have a chance of maybe winning in the future. The only thing that can save us is if something burns it all down and gives the opportunity to start over or we find a way to escape the planet. Also, does that Ark autonomous spaceship come with seating?" plan.

Also, that bit about the abyss makes me thinks the abyssal staircase isn't the only place with a way into it. The trees in domains match the abyss's descriptions quite a bit. Assuming my "the Abyss is the first civilization/earth/the Teyvat specific place humans used to inhabit" theory is right that means that every time we go through a portal into a domain we're getting a look at "life" (Or rather, the total lack of it.) on Earth or it's equivalent in the current time period. Which would explain the ruins and why everything is so nightmarishly hosed up. :stonk:

Just take a look around the next time you enter a fire, lightning, or ice aligned one and note that in many of the domains we appear to be outside on some other world that has been immensely hosed up beyond even what reality should permit. It looks like a vision of what the world happens if a type of Herrsher destroys it, in fact.

At this point i'm convinced that it's basically a past, future, or something that occurs when the Genshin equivalent of Honkai wins.

It also would explain how we're getting access to all these artifacts with ancient stories. We're essentially looting the remains of a genocided planet, species, or timeline depending on your opinion on what the Abyss is. :stonk:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Nov 29, 2020

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Corla Plankun posted:

I looked at reddit for this game today and I'd just like to thank you all for not being anything like the genshin subreddit.

Well how bad could it be and in what ways?

Archonex
May 2, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Well how bad could it be and in what ways?

Picture badly edited macro memes and Mona butt pics a mile long, my dude.

About the only thing i'll say is that occasionally a genuinely talented artist pops in and drops a funny web comic of the characters. Like the person who made that "In terms of money we have no money." comic. But even they seem to be getting a bit thin on the ground.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

for people who don't use the discord someone found a nice video demonstrating the fatui skirmishers behavior and tips for fighting them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXCtJmNuKRM

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Indecisive posted:

for people who don't use the discord someone found a nice video demonstrating the fatui skirmishers behavior and tips for fighting them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXCtJmNuKRM

This man has suffered through countless hours for this knowledge. Please listen so that his suffering was not in vain.

Also, watch him on Twitch cause he's a pretty great. Most Genshin streamers are unwatchable to me for one reason or another, but he's legit aside from the occasional weeb art that pops up.

Disconnecticus
Oct 21, 2012

Ashenai posted:

This was completely the answer. A few buffs and Noelle's shield did the trick, ended up with Fischl hardly any time later!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

watching enviosity take 80% of the alotted time to clear half of an abyss floor is too painful for me

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Disconnecticus posted:

There isn't. Go on Goon discord in the OP, and ask for help in the LFG channel. There are loads of goons who have spent all of their resin for the day and just want to play more.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Archonex posted:

As far as we know so far the major variant of the Honkai infection is indeed a light blue to blueish color. If we're assuming that the sealed gods can't project a colored form of their energy into things then that would fit with Honkai infections in this timeline being blue colored.

Possibly also purple too. Since the Cicin's have weird purplish markings on them that you can see on their back along with corpse grey skin and a reverb that is typical to all Honkai infected that are too far gone. The skin is a sign in HI3 and Gun Girls Z that they were "low tolerance" humans that got blasted with too much Honkai energy. It also suggests that there's a Herrsher about to be "born" in the immediate future. Which would explain why they're collecting flowers that may be related to Honkai radiation. Along with why bribing them with those flowers or their products are the only way you can get them to not go axe crazy at the sight of another human.

Red + blue = purple, duh. :smugbert:

But seriously, remember how the tears that fell from Dvalin were red? However, the Tainted Blood item that drove Dvalin crazy in the first place and the fire that Collei (girl from the manga) could make after being exposed to "archon residue" are purple, like a lot of the Honkai stuff from GGZ and HI3. Seems like we've got both purple and blue Honkai(?) energy floating around in Teyvat. The Unknown God, meanwhile, has red accents and attacks, unlike the purple ones of Herrscher Kiana. Hmmmmm.

quote:

Just take a look around the next time you enter a fire, lightning, or ice aligned one and note that in many of the domains there is no roof that extends out forever. That's a planet, in many cases. Or a cavern on one. It's basically a past, future, or something that occurs when the Honkai wins. It also would explain how we're getting access to all these artifacts with ancient stories. We're essentially looting the remains of a genocided planet, species, or timeline depending on your opinion on what the Abyss is. :stonk:

They could also just be so deep underground that the ceilings are too high to see. :v:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Ok Goons

Current overland team is Anemo MC, Xianlang, Beidou and Bennet (just replaced Barbara).

My current plan for a remake of an overland team is Tart/Ningguang/Beido/Bennet

Porotype sword on Bennet (fully leveled), Solar Pearl on Ningguang (going to grab this BP), Prototype Anibus on Beido (already mostly leveled), Rust on Tart

I think that covers all of my bases and doesn't leave any holes in my party. I don't like leaving Sucrose behind, but if I swapped her in, I'd probably take out Beidou and put her in with tales of the dragon slayer, which I already have leveled. It also takes away my only claymore user and I won't have the cool reaction to use with Tart's riptide. Any other ideas?

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Bloody Emissary posted:

Red + blue = purple, duh. :smugbert:

But seriously, remember how the tears that fell from Dvalin were red? However, the Tainted Blood item that drove Dvalin crazy in the first place and the fire that Collei (girl from the manga) could make after being exposed to "archon residue" are purple, like a lot of the Honkai stuff from GGZ and HI3. Seems like we've got both purple and blue Honkai(?) energy floating around in Teyvat. The Unknown God, meanwhile, has red accents and attacks, unlike the purple ones of Herrscher Kiana. Hmmmmm.

They could also just be so deep underground that the ceilings are too high to see. :v:

I'm not entirely certain that the Abyss is even on Teyvat. Like, it's hard to imagine that it's just a straight up Agartha situation when you've got massive super tornadoes literally surrounding each place by the dozen underneath a place so deep that the sky is hidden from view. At the very least, it seems like a weird detail to throw in. If it's underground game design logic says you show that. The only ones that even start to do so are the ice domain (It looks like there's something beyond it too.) and I think maybe the Earth one. Though I can't recall the specific appearance of the Earth domain offhand.

Even so, the earth element one can't be said to be determining anything in that regard since just look at Zhong Li. Dude could easily bury a domain from the other side if he wanted too. And that's before you factor in the other ones or the definition of the word domain itself into the history of places like the Abyssal Corridor. There's signs of habitation (Some of which seem like they have the shape of the ruins in the sibling's trailer where she sees the world burn.) and it seems like something may have actually lived in these places prior to the Herrsher level loving up they received.

Either it's basically a layered world sort of plot setup or we're stepping outside the bounds of nominal reality vis a vis Teyvat. It could possibly the former, given all the references to a dead civilization below Teyvat. But still, the places we see are so hosed up it's hard to imagine that someone else wouldn't be screaming about their findings at the top of their lungs if you could just tunnel down to the place with enough work.

That there's seemingly a woman (Who now that I think about it fits Raiden Mei or Himeko more than Kiana given the descriptions of being an insanely skilled warrior.) down there at the very least that seems to have no problem navigating the Abyss suggests that the Abyss itself can be navigated and inhabited. Even if it's no longer a place most people born elsewhere would probably want to do. It would handily explain why this dark world/Abyss/whatever it is has a few people still in it. Either they're antagonists, left overs from the last time things went to crap (IE: Why it could be a Valkyrie or MANTIS equivalent down there.), or they're just native inhabitants similar to that old myth I mentioned.

Likewise, there's no real "stairs" to the domains. You seemingly just teleport or drop in. Which implies something else is going on. Even the abyssal corridor fits this. What's more, the place after the corridor being the Abyssal Moon Spire is weird if we're going down and we aren't in some other sort of place entirely. How do you reach the moon by going down, after all?

Also, I'm probably going to laugh if we're right about the color thing. Doubly so since i'm pretty sure we're the first ones to put that together if it's true. What were the colors associated with the other two enemy types in HI?

Also, Collei's hosed up Honkai-esque powers were called the Black Flame, and involved a serpent from what I recall. Not sure if that's helpful, but yeah.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Nov 29, 2020

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

UltraRed posted:

I think that covers all of my bases and doesn't leave any holes in my party. I don't like leaving Sucrose behind, but if I swapped her in, I'd probably take out Beidou and put her in with tales of the dragon slayer, which I already have leveled. It also takes away my only claymore user and I won't have the cool reaction to use with Tart's riptide. Any other ideas?

Ning will cover for geo shield and ore breaking if that's your concern. I use basically the same team but with Venti instead of Sucrose and it works fine

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

YES bread posted:

Ning will cover for geo shield and ore breaking if that's your concern

It's a bit that (and the added difficulty in using her to break ore) and I lose out on her really sweet ult pairing with Tart.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

UltraRed posted:

Ok Goons

Current overland team is Anemo MC, Xianlang, Beidou and Bennet (just replaced Barbara).

My current plan for a remake of an overland team is Tart/Ningguang/Beido/Bennet

Porotype sword on Bennet (fully leveled), Solar Pearl on Ningguang (going to grab this BP), Prototype Anibus on Beido (already mostly leveled), Rust on Tart

Honestly, I know this is basically not what you had in mind at all, but two anemo characters plus a tall character makes overland so much better. For me, overland is doing the artifact farming, mining, getting ascension plants, and maybe some elite boss farming. So you're running around a lot, sprinting, etc. I usually do Klee and XC so I have fire and water, but any two elements are fairly nice. Water can get the fire plants if you're farming them, and fire can get the ice ones and the lightning rocks. Domains and Abyss is obviously very situational. Anyway, if you don't care about the speed at all then I get it. It's also nice to use chars you like to use, but if you haven't tried double-anemo + tall for a artifact run then give it a try.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tsyni posted:

Honestly, I know this is basically not what you had in mind at all, but two anemo characters plus a tall character makes overland so much better. For me, overland is doing the artifact farming, mining, getting ascension plants, and maybe some elite boss farming. So you're running around a lot, sprinting, etc. I usually do Klee and XC so I have fire and water, but any two elements are fairly nice. Water can get the fire plants if you're farming them, and fire can get the ice ones and the lightning rocks. Domains and Abyss is obviously very situational. Anyway, if you don't care about the speed at all then I get it. It's also nice to use chars you like to use, but if you haven't tried double-anemo + tall for a artifact run then give it a try.

That doesn't sound like a bad trick. I also don't need to level Sucrose or their items to pull it off. I can just plop the MC and Sucrose in with Tart and Bennet to do all of that. Neat idea, thanks.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Okay, I'm on a PS4 just for reference.

Can someone explain how to do Domains Co-Op? A lot of the times what'll happen is I'll go to look for a team for one, get taken to another world and then a few seconds after I load in everyone else dissapears. I usually just wait for another domain challenge join message to pop up because I don't know what else I can do.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
it helps to try and keep your teams flexible since it's impossible to cover absolutely ALL bases. I tend to swap characters out depending on if im exploring/ore hunting/elite farming etc

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

YES bread posted:

it helps to try and keep your teams flexible since it's impossible to cover absolutely ALL bases. I tend to swap characters out depending on if im exploring/ore hunting/elite farming etc

Realizing you don't have an archer when fighting a ruin guard or you're fighting an ice and hydro abyss mage duo when you've only got hydro and anemo in your team is not a fun time.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Archonex posted:

I'm not entirely certain that the Abyss is even on Teyvat. Like, it's hard to imagine that it's just a straight up Agartha situation when you've got massive super tornadoes literally surrounding each place by dozen underneath a place so deep that it can house them. Either it's basically a layered world sort of situation or we're stepping outside the bounds of nominal reality. Possibly the former, given all the references to a dead civilization below Teyvat. But still, the places we see are so hosed up it's hard to imagine that someone else wouldn't be screaming about their findings at the top of their lungs.

That there's seemingly a woman (Who now that I think about it fits Raiden Mei more than Kiana.) down there at the very least that seems to have no problem navigating the Abyss suggests that the Abyss itself can be navigated and inhabited. Even if it's no longer a place most people born elsewhere would probably want to do.

Keep in mind that the domain entrances are mostly locked before we get to them, and the one portal to the Abyss that we know of was originally on the tallest mountain in the world. It might be difficult for average joes to enter them—heck, it could be that only Vision users can get in. I imagine we'll learn more about all this stuff once once we get to Sumeru.

My personal suspicion is that the ruins of Khaenri'ah fell into the Abyss after it got destroyed, just like all the other dead civilizations down there that are part of the cycle of prosperity and destruction according to the Prayers for X circlets, and that's where the "sinners" live now.

quote:

Also, I'm probably going to laugh if that's the case. Doubly so since i'm pretty sure we're the first ones to put that together if it's true. What were the colors associated with the other two enemy types in HI?

Also, Collei's hosed up Honkai-esque powers were called the Black Flame, and involved a serpent from what I recall.

Creature is orange and mecha is blue. I saw some enemies that had red coloring while looking though pictures of Honkai beasts, but I don't know if they're from HI3 or GGZ or what.

That's correct, but the flames look distinctly purple-tinged in the manga.

fabiopenz
Jun 22, 2015

RareAcumen posted:

Can someone explain how to do Domains Co-Op? A lot of the times what'll happen is I'll go to look for a team for one, get taken to another world and then a few seconds after I load in everyone else dissapears. I usually just wait for another domain challenge join message to pop up because I don't know what else I can do.

The problem is the version not you. Hope they fix the plethora of issues ps4 has or buy a ps5.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

RareAcumen posted:

Ps4 loads slower. They added the option to only coop with ps4 players in options last patch which might help. I usually just put in chat "invite again."

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

it sounds like what is happening is the person hosting the world is starting the domain before you're loaded in, perhaps ps4 loading times are much slower or something idk. so everyone else gets the invite before you and the host just assumed you were afk maybe, i dunno. some people don't know you can send a second invite if someone doesnt join right away so they just go, i guess

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Stanko-Prussian posted:

Oh, I misheard that then. Do you have a citation for that being the intended pronunciation though? On the official website it's just written 西風騎士団, "knights of the west wind" - it's common in anime Japanese to write things with certain kanji and then pronounce them in a non-standard way. (reference)

Same thing in (traditional) Chinese, it's 西風騎士團, xīfēng qíshì tuán. (ref). The Favonius/Zephyrus thing may just have been added in translation after all.

Archonex posted:

Huh, thought the sephirot thing was a bit weird to mistranslate. That explains it. Zephyrus is far more accurate to the themes Monstadt has going. Also shoots down the whole "it's just random words meant to give shallow context" thing that one guy was saying.

No, that's still the case for basically all of the game's mythology. There's no deeper meaning to e.g. the archons being named after demons in Ars Goethia, they're just grabbing cool names and some vague thematic things out of a hat basically. It's sorta analogous to technobabble in sci-fi.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Nov 29, 2020

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Bloody Emissary posted:

Keep in mind that the domain entrances are mostly locked before we get to them, and the one portal to the Abyss that we know of was originally on the tallest mountain in the world. It might be difficult for average joes to enter them—heck, it could be that only Vision users can get in. I imagine we'll learn more about all this stuff once once we get to Sumeru.

My personal suspicion is that the ruins of Khaenri'ah fell into the Abyss after it got destroyed, just like all the other dead civilizations down there that are part of the cycle of prosperity and destruction according to the Prayers for X circlets, and that's where the "sinners" live now.

Creature is orange and mecha is blue. I saw some enemies that had red coloring while looking though pictures of Honkai beasts, but I don't know if they're from HI3 or GGZ or what.

That's correct, but the flames look distinctly purple-tinged in the manga.

Well, there's also the fact that the Abyssal Domains are a call back to the Dirac Sea Abyss from Honkai. The Moon Spire and Corridor are even built the same way, in terms of content. Honkai even had an endless mode called the "Infinity Abyss" or, if you want an even more Genshin relevant term for it --- The Abyss. As in the thing that's in Genshin.

The Dirac Sea would be replaced by the Sea of Quanta (IE: Explicitly alternate universes being simulated.) later on, as people were just slaughtering the content in it due to power creep. So there's definitely room there for the Abyssal domains to be some sort of alternate or encapsulated universe thing like Honkai. The civilization that made them was supposed to be pretty advanced, and given that that old lady in Li Yue lives inside of a pocket dimension in a tea kettle or something it's fair to say that the Archons probably still at least have access to the technology.

The Fluff posted:

No, that's still the case for basically all of the game's mythology. There's no deeper meaning to e.g. the archons being named after demons in Ars Goethia, they're just grabbing cool names and some vague thematic things out of a hat basically. It's sorta analogous to technobabble in sci-fi.

You keep saying this, and yet you've provided no proof outside of making a comparison to Lord of the Rings being a deep dive into history (Which it's not. It's main influences were him being inspired by his Christian beliefs, some real life experiences he had, and older stories he read when younger. It's mainly Silmarillion that gave the setting the level of depth it's known for today.) while ignoring the reams of lore this setting has been setting up that also coincides with the themes within the narrative we've seen thus far.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Nov 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Wow, co-op is a dumpster fire. The biggest highlight was being kicked from a Fischl/Diluc/Venti team for picking Kaeya.

I guess I'll blow resin on lower level versions for a purple witch's set and call it a day.