Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

pile of brown posted:

Does anyone think it was weird that bo-katan sent mando to a planet that Ahsoka seemed to be assaulting? Are we supposed to infer that the imperial remnants had just arrived, and that mando also arrives on the same day as her 1 day ultimatum? Did I miss something in my fervor?

When Ahsoka and Mando were talking after Grogu's test session, Ahsoka provided a bit of exposition about The Magistrate, how her people were killed in the Clone Wars and out of spite, she helped the Empire by plundering various worlds for their resources to build up their starfleet. The Magistrate's probably been on Corvus for a while I'm guessing, and Ahsoka only just got there recently after having learned the remnant there has ties to Thrawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

pile of brown posted:

Does anyone think it was weird that bo-katan sent mando to a planet that Ahsoka seemed to be assaulting? Are we supposed to infer that the imperial remnants had just arrived, and that mando also arrives on the same day as her 1 day ultimatum? Did I miss something in my fervor?

Maybe they’re like pen pals or something, so they keep in touch with what each other is doing. :shrug:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Glass of Milk posted:

"Weeping, Ashoka draws Luke to her breast to suckle and the circle is complete."

Actually, I like Filoni, but I also have perfect confidence the dude has an Ahsoka body pillow that he hides when company comes around.

https://twitter.com/ldrinkh20/status/1332375255772504064?s=20

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

A.o.D. posted:

I appreciate that you retained a place to store the takedown pins.

i like them because they look like an :0 face

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

jng2058 posted:

FTFY. Jedi who aren't officially Knights get the honorary rank of Commander in the Republic military. Both Ahsoka and Luke were Commanders in their times and respective militaries. There's no reason Ezra wouldn't as well. :colbert:

Other than that, while it'd be an interesting scenario, I kinda doubt they'd go that way, alas.

Ezra wouldn't be in the New Republic military. He's be in the Imperial military or possibly the Chiss military. In any case unless politics intervene when you serve under Thrawn you get the rank you earn. Talented, hard-working people get promoted. Layabouts or morons get transferred -possibly fatally.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Luke wasn’t a commander until after he blew up the Death Star and they put him in charge of Rogue Squadron. In ANH he was just some rear end in a top hat they could throw into an X-Wing.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Everyone posted:

Ezra wouldn't be in the New Republic military. He's be in the Imperial military or possibly the Chiss military. In any case unless politics intervene when you serve under Thrawn you get the rank you earn. Talented, hard-working people get promoted. Layabouts or morons get transferred -possibly fatally.

I think it's interesting that there are a few potential parallel groups if force users going forwards. Obviously partly it comes from creators wanting to tell stories with lightsabers, but how they've been seperated from the movies creates potential. Ezra seems to have gone to the Unknown Regions where it seems like he might be able to find common cause with Thrawn once both are removed from the Empire/Republic conflict. Cal Kestis may survive and is possibly romantically involved with Merrin, a Nightsister who uses the force in a wholly different way to Jedi and Sith, and if he does not they may yet have offspring. Obviously there's Rey possibly either trying to revive the Jedi or something new, a Skywalker order or something. Ahsoka seems like she means to just do her own thing and seek Thrawn and Ezra right now, but has her own philosophy regarding the Force and the failings of the old Jedi order.

Honestly I think developing these groups and putting them into conflict with one another is the only post-RoS setting content I'd be interested in.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

Desperado Bones posted:

Now I wanna know who rescued him from being a victim of Anakin. Who was keeping him hidden?

Would semi-make sense to have to be a surviving alien Master not seen killed at the end of Episode 3. Oppo Rancisis? Coleman Kcaj? or maybe Quinlan Vos (Mamoa cameo incoming)?

Moon Slayer posted:

I legit, 100% thought that they were supposed to be scars. :shrug:

The creases in the lekku foam is actually an RotJ era thing. Both Bib Fortuna and Oola have creases. The Twi'lek last season also had creases. The animated Togruta and Twi'leks get the Hollywood treatment to smooth out their age.

Teek fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Nov 29, 2020

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Smythe posted:

ok this is hella offtopic but bear with me here please: i watched the recent voltron netflix show whch is for kids but it weas alright i guess. i watched it when i was too blasted to watch anything that i needed to pay attention to. anyways it was pretty tight and here is my 1 thing that i think about : they basically never use the blazing sword, right, which was the OG OP weapon, 1hko. they used it once by the power of friendship, and once when they called on it i think. but then like this was tight in my mind when the ghost of zarkon gets in the black lion and all the old paladin ghosts are in that poo poo they dont gently caress around. they form voltron right off the bat and zarkon immediately busts out the blazing sword and 1 shots a monster. its like drat finally someone who knows how to loving play this game.

thats my derail sorry i just have nobody else to tell this to. thank you and have a great saturday

I loved the Netflix Voltron show but I wish I could remember more of it to be able to discuss the finer details. I burned through the whole thing except for having to wait for the final season.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Vinylshadow posted:

Absolutely

Mod scene's a lot of fun too

Is that a screenshot edit from the Mandalorian, or is that in game rendering?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Teek posted:

Would semi-make sense to have to be a surviving alien Master not seen killed at the end of Episode 3. Oppo Rancisis? Coleman Kcaj? or maybe Quinlan Vos (Mamoa cameo incoming)?

Click-bait/fan theories is that Mace Windu will make a cameo.
But although I would love that, giving the Baby Yoda saviour role to another not well known Jedi would be the best.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

That was a good episode after a string of not-so-good episodes.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Grogu ain't going nowhere with no Jedi scum.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

A.o.D. posted:

Is that a screenshot edit from the Mandalorian, or is that in game rendering?

In-game. Unreal engine can be insanely good and for as lovely as it is, Frostbite creates some incredible visuals in Battlefront 2.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

In-game. Unreal engine can be insanely good and for as lovely as it is, Frostbite creates some incredible visuals in Battlefront 2.

That's why I grabbed it on PS4 rather than PC, I doubt my old card could handle it.

I noticed some people having reservations about this episode, worrying that Mandolorian is going to stop being its own show and just be "hey remember this!", but I really doubt that. Yea we're getting characters from earlier tv shows but I doubt that's going to take over the story.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Have we considered the possibility that Yoda himself somehow arranged for Grogu to be whisked away from the Jedi Temple after Paul Saltine’s put a whoopin’ on him on the Senate floor?

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Glass of Milk posted:

"Weeping, Ashoka draws Luke to her breast to suckle and the circle is complete."

Actually, I like Filoni, but I also have perfect confidence the dude has an Ahsoka body pillow that he hides when company comes around.

Feeling attacked right now

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Just in awe of how much cooler Smythe is than this topic

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

twistedmentat posted:

That's why I grabbed it on PS4 rather than PC, I doubt my old card could handle it.

I noticed some people having reservations about this episode, worrying that Mandolorian is going to stop being its own show and just be "hey remember this!", but I really doubt that. Yea we're getting characters from earlier tv shows but I doubt that's going to take over the story.

Somehow people theorize this after each episode, then the next comes out and it’s “Holy poo poo, that was awesome and nothing like I feared!” And then right back to it.

Nobody learns.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Mando gunslinger showdown was so cliche and yet so great. This show runs straight at tropes and somehow by smashing into them full speed and without apology.

“Oh you like when the bad guy tries to cheap shot the mysterious masked stranger in a Western? Well then good news we are doing that while they listen to a Samurai battle down the street get on board.”

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I think Star Wars: Jedi: Fallen Order is a solid Metroid-like adventure game. It should not be mistaken for a role-playing game or whatever these Souls games are that people like so well. Fallen Order is about evenly mixed exploration, puzzling, and combat. It's not particularly hard but it has a lot of content and you'll probably die two or three times each time you go on a mission. Also the voice acting and story is a pleasant surprise. F. Murray Abraham shows up out of nowhere. It's definitely better than either of the Force Awakens titles.

Also the lightsaber goes voom so that's a strong plus.

When it came out it got a lot of bad press for being buggy but as of November 2020 I didn't experience any of that. It's worth picking up when it goes on sale.

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Nov 29, 2020

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Arglebargle III posted:

I think Star Wars: Jedi: Fallen Order is a solid Metroid-like adventure game. It should not be mistaken for a role-playing game or whatever these Souls games are that people like so well. Fallen Order is about evenly mixed exploration, puzzling, and combat. It's not particularly hard but it has a lot of content and you'll probably die two or three times each time you go on a mission. Also the voice acting and story is a pleasant surprise. F. Murray Abraham shows up out of nowhere. It's definitely better than either of the Force Awakens titles.

It's very comfortably Soulslike, more specifically Sekiro. You have basically Estus flasks, bonfires, and the combat is very similarly weighty. If you play on the hardest difficulty, Oggdo Bogdo will kick your rear end.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What if they go to the mountain and Groku gets a visit from Bastila ghost

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I swear some people cut their teeth on From games and think they invented the third person action genre.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Hoooooook it to my veiiinnnnnnnns

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Arglebargle III posted:

I swear some people cut their teeth on From games and think they invented the third person action genre.

:rolleyes:

But it's very much Sekiro with a Star Wars coat of paint. Basically

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

It's very comfortably Soulslike, more specifically Sekiro. You have basically Estus flasks, bonfires, and the combat is very similarly weighty. If you play on the hardest difficulty, Oggdo Bogdo will kick your rear end.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

Koirhor posted:

Feeling attacked right now

As long as we get quality episodes, the dude can have a realdoll with montrals and lekku for all I care.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

John Wick of Dogs posted:

my hot and sexy girl revan with the dual blade saber and cool helmet just beating the poo poo out bastila with a folding chair lmfao

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That screenshot is incredibly good. I've since seen other shots of the mod that don't look anywhere near as good as that, but whomever took it picked the perfect lighting environment to capture Mando's armor.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
bastila can go frolic around the galaxy with liara since theyre basically the same thing and they can kiss eachother if they want and they can send me videos of it also, if they want. just my $0.02

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

AdmiralViscen posted:

Just in awe of how much cooler Smythe is than this topic

thank u bro im flattered, but we have to understand that there is nothing cooler than star war !!!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Smythe posted:

bastila can go frolic around the galaxy with liara since theyre basically the same thing and they can kiss eachother if they want and they can send me videos of it also, if they want. just my $0.02

How'd you find my fanfic?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Arglebargle III posted:

I don't even like them that much. It's just that they're the top dog in terms of extremely weighty combat with low enemy counts and a low time to kill, focusing on stamina management. The action genre's pretty much mostly shooters, Platinum Games style (or Spectacle Fighters, or Character Action) with large move lists, Arkham style with single button plus counters, or Soulsborne. There are plenty of reasons to gripe with these names, like Arkham's combat being pretty much just the same as Prince of Persia Sand of Time, but nobody really compares it to that, or Metroidvania even though it's pretty comfortably just Metroid - Symphony of the Night came like a decade later.

There's no need to be a dick after I drew a fairly reasonable and informed comparison that folks would get, citing the key points of reference I used. The game is no lesser for not being totally original, and it's a perfectly good game in that subgenre. Folks who like Soulsborne games will probably like Fallen Order and will recognise most of the design sense, especially if they liked Sekiro.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
It's too bad Grogu probably won't get big enough to use the Darksaber since Mando is probably going to get it for him.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

BizarroAzrael posted:

It's too bad Grogu probably won't get big enough to use the Darksaber since Mando is probably going to get it for him.

Porg concept art coming to mind.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Porg concept art coming to mind.

porg = fail

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
this is the disease that comes from an hiv infection (unsure if this parlance is verboten in this forum)

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Smythe posted:

this is the disease that comes from an hiv infection (unsure if this parlance is verboten in this forum)

those porgs look super loving upset with whatever is happening out of frame above

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Groku is too close to Goku when you think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Groku is too close to Goku when you think about it.

He was dropped on his head as a baby and that's why he's not evil.