Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Terrible snipe crosspost from the DeviantArt thread incoming

If a facehugger hugged your butt where would the poo-covered chestburster come out? The small of your back? Would it be able to survive in an intestine like a tapeworm or could you poop yourself to safety?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I'll never stop singing the praises of Alien: Isolation, because it's a loving masterpiece and absolutely the best Alien game for every god drat reason.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Alien Isolation is amazing and also terrible I loved every second of it and was so happy when it was over goddamn.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

If a facehugger hugged your butt where would the poo-covered chestburster come out? The small of your back? Would it be able to survive in an intestine like a tapeworm or could you poop yourself to safety?

Have you seen Dreamcatcher? Kinda like that, I suppose.

Don't watch Dreamcatcher

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I'll never stop singing the praises of Alien: Isolation, because it's a loving masterpiece and absolutely the best Alien game for every god drat reason.

It is seldom that I have complained that a game is "too long" but giving the level of tension it could have been like 70% as long.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Wild T posted:

Have you seen Dreamcatcher? Kinda like that, I suppose.

Don't watch Dreamcatcher

Yeah, the shitweasel grossness aside it was such an absolutely rank duddits

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Yeah, the shitweasel grossness aside it was such an absolutely rank duddits

The bits with Morgan Freeman should have been good

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

If a facehugger couldn't get to the mouth it probably would go for the next best hole and that would likely be the rear end.

Safety tip, keep clenched.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Nov 25, 2020

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Would a facehugger go rear end to mouth?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
If it had no alternative.

Which raises a question, say if a facehugger encountered an animal that didn't have the usual biology for it to insert it's appendage would it actually create a hole into the creature, similar to how it melted peoples helmets.

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord
Got out my stompers and walked around the house today

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Free Cheese posted:

Got out my stompers and walked around the house today

Nice.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Android Apocalypse posted:

Maybe it will be like Apocalyptco, but with Predators.

I've lost all faith in Hollywood being able to make good sequels.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

The Last Call posted:

If a facehugger couldn't get to the mouth it probably would go for the next best hole and that would likely be the rear end.

Safety tip, keep clenched.

Ha ha do you think it would be interested in a urethra. Like lets say a person spent their 20s and 30s expanding their urethra through the use of various devices, and as a result had a very pliable and stretchy urethra, do you think the alien would be interested in that sort of thing. LOL

just curious

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Code Jockey posted:

Ha ha do you think it would be interested in a urethra. Like lets say a person spent their 20s and 30s expanding their urethra through the use of various devices, and as a result had a very pliable and stretchy urethra, do you think the alien would be interested in that sort of thing. LOL

just curious

This isn't sounding very hypothetical

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

With all rocks and papers vanquished, they turn on eachother...

Looks like Michael Biehn's back on the menu, boys.

He still feels like a natural fit in anything sci-fi.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Scissorfighter posted:

Stormtroopers we are LEAVING!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Well poo poo. Is that the Mandalorian? I might have to finally watch that now.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

It's basically entrapment

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Scissorfighter posted:

Has anyone said "Kylo Reese" yet?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Well poo poo. Is that the Mandalorian? I might have to finally watch that now.

It's the best star war in many years.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Biplane posted:

It's the best star war in many years.

Unironically the most I've loved a Star War since RotJ, and possibly the latest episode was the best so far.

Also Baby Yoda briefly gets facehugged this season, tying it back to on-topic.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
Mandolorian is seriously some good sci-fi. It's what you want Star Wars to be. Only took drat near 40 years for someone to figure it out.

I couldn't stand everyone talking up the isolation game so I just got it on steam. Its gonna be weird cause I haven't played a game on my PC in ages. That thing became my wife's work computer cause of covid.

I get stressed out by games sometimes so I doubt I'm gonna be able to play it for more than a little bit at a time.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I won’t lie to you about your chances, but you have my sympathies.

:smug:

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Scissorfighter posted:

The best part of this was that his weapon was a space shotgun(!!!)

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Mandolorian is seriously some good sci-fi. It's what you want Star Wars to be. Only took drat near 40 years for someone to figure it out.

I couldn't stand everyone talking up the isolation game so I just got it on steam. Its gonna be weird cause I haven't played a game on my PC in ages. That thing became my wife's work computer cause of covid.

I get stressed out by games sometimes so I doubt I'm gonna be able to play it for more than a little bit at a time.

General advice - don’t crouch walk everywhere, just walk normally until the xeno or any other enemies are close. It sounds counterintuitive but honestly confidently strolling around is the best way to get through the game.

If you find such games stressful play on easy or normal. The game recommends you play on hard, but as someone who’s finished it on nightmare normal is the fairest way to go.

Be sure to update the thread when you reach the second half of mission 14, you’ll know it when you see it.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Lord Ludikrous posted:

General advice - don’t crouch walk everywhere, just walk normally until the xeno or any other enemies are close. It sounds counterintuitive but honestly confidently strolling around is the best way to get through the game.

Yeah, normal walking is faster than crouching and either just as quiet or nearly as quiet - I've seen some disagreement on this, but in my experience it is as quiet and you should only crouch if you need to hide behind things.

The speed is important because the alien has an easier time finding you if you remain in one place for too long.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Agreed, just walking around like you own the place is the best way to get things done. The moment poo poo hits the fan (or falls out of a vent), that's when you'll want to start creeping around.

And whatever you do, don't run unless it is absolutely necessary!

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
Wish tried to advertise this to me today.

Honestly, tempted.

https://www.wish.com/product/5b5985c140927675ba5d153e

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I tried to look at it on the Wish website and it won't let me look until I log in. That seems like a good way to push potential customers away by, you know, not letting them see your products.

Those look cool though.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

If it’s coming from Wish, and at that price, there’s a significant chance they’re bootlegs.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
At $40 for seven, they're bootlegs that will crumble if you take them out of the box.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Got myself this shirt. Just arrived in the mail.

https://www.lastexittonowhere.com/catalogue/alien-title-sequence_11600/

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

That shirt is quite rad, my man

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Okay that’s really clever.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
What's that design supposed to look like?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Pennywise the Frown posted:

What's that design supposed to look like?

It’s the opening title to “Alien”, which reveals itself one piece at a time.

https://youtu.be/6jJRvZ72fLs

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Oooooooohhhh cooooollll.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

You know, I've seen a lot of nerd shirt stores, but this one actually has some cool as hell designs. I love all the Blade Runner stuff. Going to be irresponsibly spending money on a few, so thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
I'm re-playing Alien: Isolation since I never got through it my last time (I know it's notoriously long). I'm a good way past the DAMNED MEDICAL SECTION and man oh man I can't stop crowing about the game design. The sound design, the visuals that just absolutely nail the Alien 1 aesthetic - it's SO well done, even if the game play eventually gets a little formulaic.