Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

shirts and skins posted:

Wasn't there a Bears game against the LOB-era Seahawks that looked like this?

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1333039153064374276?s=19

God, this is all so hosed

Difference is the bears had Jimmy Clausen in the whole game, which is worse than having no qb at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The reason the Broncos couldn't sign someone off the street is they found out about the positive on Thursday. The game was three days away at that point. The NFL's COVID-19 protocol requires five straight days of negative tests and another negative test on the morning of day 6 on location to be eligible to participate. The earliest anyone signed on Thursday could even enter the team facilities would be Wednesday of next week.

I read something that other teams deliberately have kept their practice squad QB away from the active QB roster to avoid this type of situation.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

shirts and skins posted:

Yep, from 2015 with Jimmy Clausen starting. They punted on every drive, with their final four being 3 and out. My memory is the punter, Pat O’Donnell, was out so much he showed up on the injury report the next week with soreness.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

shirts and skins posted:

It's just going to get worse too

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Mr. Nice! posted:

The reason the Broncos couldn't sign someone off the street is they found out about the positive on Thursday. The game was three days away at that point. The NFL's COVID-19 protocol requires five straight days of negative tests and another negative test on the morning of day 6 on location to be eligible to participate. The earliest anyone signed on Thursday could even enter the team facilities would be Wednesday of next week.

I read something that other teams deliberately have kept their practice squad QB away from the active QB roster to avoid this type of situation.

Browns ran into this situation earlier this year when Baker was banged up and the cowboys had signed Garrett Gilbert off of our practice squad. If Baker hadn't been able to go out QB was Keenum and then Jarvis Landry.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
On the bright side: that Saints game is now much more interesting.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I liked the replacement player games (and ref games) and why I don't want everyone to die of covid, I will enjoy these games no less than competent football.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

shirts and skins posted:

everything's actually going great, the NFL doesn't have any problems

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1333054106320183297

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

tarbrush posted:

It's just going to get worse too

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

shocked, SHOCKED

quote:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Patriots have been fined $350K for COVID-19 rules violations stemming back to their outbreak in October.

Rapoport didn't say what the exact violations were but we know they are related to their outbreak in October that sidelined Cam Newton and pushed their Week 4 game versus the Chiefs back a few days. The NFL has fined every team that has violated the rules and stripped a late-round pick away from all second-offenders. The Patriots have been mostly free of positive tests since their October incident so it seems like they may have fallen in line after their lone outbreak.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
so the bronc's are really gonna go out there without a QB today, huh? this is exhilarating

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Would seriously love to see a team just trot out their jumbo package every down.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Per Jeff McLane, Eagles owner Lurie is frustrated with the team and no showed the Browns game due to that

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Would seriously love to see a team just trot out their jumbo package every down.

Pete Carroll just got very excited and doesn't know why

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

The power of Christ compels you! "throws holy water*

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I, for one, look forward to the massive outbreak that will happen a few days before the Super Bowl to watch the NFL completely ignore it.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I, for one, look forward to the massive outbreak that will happen a few days before the Super Bowl to watch the NFL completely ignore it.

Reminder that the Super Bowl is in Tampa this year and you can be drat sure noted fuckhead DeSantis will probably do everything in his power to get as many people into that stadium as possible.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

God, im just so excited to watch mitch trubisky tonight

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

fartknocker posted:

Reminder that the Super Bowl is in Tampa this year and you can be drat sure noted fuckhead DeSantis will probably do everything in his power to get as many people into that stadium as possible.

The Dolphins have ignored Desantis.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Could the Broncos run an offense where 10 guys protect the QB and don’t try to advance the ball, with the goal being to run 15 minutes off the clock? Go for shortest game in history to minimize tv ad time, cost the NFL a few million bucks.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Stripped of a draft pick!? The gently caress? Andy Reid's not even wearing a mask for gently caress's sake

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

PostNouveau posted:

Stripped of a draft pick!? The gently caress? Andy Reid's not even wearing a mask for gently caress's sake

Clipping a face shield to a hat is just as effective :colbert:

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Could the Broncos run an offense where 10 guys protect the QB and don’t try to advance the ball, with the goal being to run 15 minutes off the clock? Go for shortest game in history to minimize tv ad time, cost the NFL a few million bucks.

Y'know...for as much as these NFL coaching staffs get paid, you'd think they'd be able to draw up really old-school playstyles on a whim.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/BrianMFloyd/status/1333084868830347269?s=19

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

MoaM posted:

Y'know...for as much as these NFL coaching staffs get paid, you'd think they'd be able to draw up really old-school playstyles on a whim.

I need 11 fullsbacks, stat!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The Dolphins have ignored Desantis.

The Dolphins have been generally pretty competent with a lot of things this season

I'm as shocked as you are, and waiting for the other shoe to drop.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

shirts and skins posted:

Yeah, 2015 when they started Jimmy Clausen:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

No offense to Saints fans but I really want the Broncos to completely dominate the Saints running jumbo/goalline sets every down with the wildcat and for it to catch on in the NFL.

We need offensive innovation. Forget McVay and his ridiculous overly-finessed presnap adjustments. Give me E X O T I C S M A S H M O U T H

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1333051993364049921?s=19

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I know that somebody posts coverage maps of what regions get what games-- does anybody have those handy? I want to see whether I'm going to get the Denver game.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Teddybear posted:

I know that somebody posts coverage maps of what regions get what games-- does anybody have those handy? I want to see whether I'm going to get the Denver game.

This is the site that does those

https://506sports.com/

It gets slow as hell on Sunday mornings, taking a while to load for me.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the broncos game should be "america's game of the week" what the gently caress are we even doing here

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

SKULL.GIF posted:

No offense to Saints fans but I really want the Broncos to completely dominate the Saints running jumbo/goalline sets every down with the wildcat and for it to catch on in the NFL.

We need offensive innovation. Forget McVay and his ridiculous overly-finessed presnap adjustments. Give me E X O T I C S M A S H M O U T H

Might be a problem with that as the Saints run D has been pretty drat good.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

if someone figures out how to win in the NFL without using the forward pass, please send that person to halas hall immediately.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

R.D. Mangles posted:

if someone figures out how to win in the NFL without using the forward pass, please send that person to halas hall immediately.

Unfortunately, it’s going to involve not having Ifedi on the o line.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Teddybear posted:

the areas in blue

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Honestly I feel like there’s a lot of pressure on the Saints here because if they actually manage to lose just lmao.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Why tf am I getting Cards/Pats instead of Giants/Bengals when I'm in half WFT territory. No one here cares about the Pats.

e: actually that map isn't detailed enough to tell for sure, it looks like it splits my county

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Silly Burrito posted:

Might be a problem with that as the Saints run D has been pretty drat good.

Yes against teams pretending to be passing teams. Let’s see how they do against 9 left tackles and 2 defensive ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Honestly I feel like there’s a lot of pressure on the Saints here because if they actually manage to lose just lmao.

Maybe, or maybe they take out that frustration of losing out on a seventh round pick on the Broncos.