Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Flesh Forge posted:

Yeah but it's also a lot like Florida, California etc

all the most socialest places, it really makes u think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

indigi posted:

this poor woman is being EXPLOITED and DEGRADED

one woman gets rich and the rest forced to do it to keep a roof over their heads and eat, barely making anything if at all, are actually liberated now. you sound like a simp for capitalism.

https://twitter.com/shill_fud/status/1332520541035528192?s=20

also lol, buttcoiners

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1331349805398974465

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

this is an ice cold take, you could ask 95% of americans and they'd agree with this

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Not So Fast posted:

I think a minority of sex workers are into it for the free love and attention from simps and want to pretend that will continue whatever luxury space communism they think will happen when AOC is elected president.

I think the rise of camgirls and onlyfans is giving folks a wildly different idea of sex work than anything thats existed previous.

Like, if i could've made it thru college masturbating on camera in my room 12 hours a week instead of spending 40 hours at a callcenter literally designed as a panopticon prison, i would have strongly considered it, whereas i would never have considered actually loving strangers for money. Just having the extra time to properly do classwork would've been life changing.

I have no idea what % of sex work in the first world is zero contact, but its growing, and i feel like thats going to make it hard to talk about "sex work" as a monolithic thing. Especially with twitter/forum ppl who are all terminally online.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Fluoride Jones posted:

Catcher in the Roy

lol

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Peanut President posted:

this is an ice cold take, you could ask 95% of americans and they'd agree with this

Yeah there's a dude in the replies saying "What if I'm driving round a blind bend and there's a cyclist in front of me too close for me to stop? What am I supposed to do, drive slower???"

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Party Boat posted:

Yeah there's a dude in the replies saying "What if I'm driving round a blind bend and there's a cyclist in front of me too close for me to stop? What am I supposed to do, drive slower???"

Driving slower means you've been roadcucked

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I was going to say I don't think we should ban cyclists from roads but we should allow cars to hit them without consequence and then I realized that's literally exactly the way it is.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Yeah in the UK there's multiple instances of cyclists being killed by drivers who admitted to not paying attention and the worst they get is a minor fine and a brief driving ban. I assume the US is even worse.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Party Boat posted:

Yeah in the UK there's multiple instances of cyclists being killed by drivers who admitted to not paying attention and the worst they get is a minor fine and a brief driving ban. I assume the US is even worse.

It's the same except no driving ban and no fine. The punishment is that driver of the vehicle has to pay for his own repairs and clean the blood off since the cyclist is also usually uninsured.

zero knowledge
Apr 27, 2008
correspondingly, we shouldn’t bother building protected bike lanes or enforce existing laws forbidding people from parking their 3 ton SUV in a bike lane because good luck getting cops to enforce laws (even if cops did anything, it would just be fines, which to the Marin county dwelling Escalade or Tesla drivers is just an extra expensive parking permit). instead, we should make it legal for cyclists to key the paint and slash the tires of cars they observe doing dumb poo poo. if the errand that led you to take your personal tank out was important and urgent enough to introduce marginal but measurable environmental harm and risk to the lives of every person around you then surely it was important enough to risk a scratch on your paint job or a cracked window

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
or we could just abolish individual car culture before mother nature does it for us, lmao.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Give every cyclist one of these and a licence to use it.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
cenk sucks p bad

https://twitter.com/cenkuygur/status/1332817738780221440

e: so does matt taibbi

https://twitter.com/PeoplesParty_US/status/1333051995608018947

Flesh Forge has issued a correction as of 20:12 on Nov 29, 2020

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
stenk ugger

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Spazmo posted:

correspondingly, we shouldn’t bother building protected bike lanes or enforce existing laws forbidding people from parking their 3 ton SUV in a bike lane because good luck getting cops to enforce laws (even if cops did anything

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

is this guy blind

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

he might be into testicle pain don't judge

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

indigi posted:

is this guy blind

that's probably that guy who filmed himself crashing into all the stuff blocking bike lanes in New York to try and make a point about how unusable they are

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

ordinary drivers react to bicyclists like old drivers react to farmers' markets

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

dennis prager really liked fury road

https://twitter.com/RationalDis/status/1333129984307761164

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

read kollontai you dorks

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

indigi posted:

is this guy blind

vyelkin posted:

that's probably that guy who filmed himself crashing into all the stuff blocking bike lanes in New York to try and make a point about how unusable they are

IIRC he got fined by a cop for not using the bike lane when said bike lane was completely taken up by assholes doing stuff like that so yeah, he filmed himself to show how unusable they were, which included that clip of a cop breaking the law (acab)

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

indigi posted:

is this guy blind

the cop who parked in the bike lane? ya

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/cmclymer/status/1333173534550601728?s=21
Gonna be a long four years...

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Taintrunner posted:

or we could just abolish individual car culture before mother nature does it for us, lmao.

Pretty sure that would require a time machine at this point.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Immortan Dennis is :mediocre:.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Plutonis posted:

COINTELPRO

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

One More Fat Nerd posted:

guess we’ll die

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

One More Fat Nerd posted:

nah, just an autonomous swarm of satellites at L1 to block a percentage of incoming sunlight

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

rand paul and others like him will block any such efforts

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1333173462224031751

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The only person who owes America’s children an apology is Rand Paul’s neighbor.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Platystemon posted:

The only person who owes America’s children an apology is Rand Paul’s neighbor.

for what, not finishing the job?

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Kitfox88 posted:

for what, not finishing the job?

That's right

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

https://twitter.com/_juliemitchell/status/1331435064471793676?s=19

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lol her victim's lawyer is gonna juice the poo poo outta her for this and her own counsel is gonna demand that she delete this

https://twitter.com/_juliemitchell/status/1331743139191787522

she is hosed, legally, for potentially millions lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/FarleyP/status/1333107874520854530?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

The upper class british twit is such an interesting specimen. Everybody has their out of touch bougie fucks, but nobody does quite like the Brits.