Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

How long will the EA Play library be on game pass? Is it indefinite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

teagone posted:

How long will the EA Play library be on game pass? Is it indefinite?

Till the deal expires in ???? (Probably a year)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Twerk from Home posted:

You’re well into hobby territory if you max out the Bing daily tasks and always keep a streak going, and getting an achievement every day also takes some thinking.

I have an extension that does the searches. I start that each day and it gives me enough points.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
I tried destiny 2 today since it’s on gamepass, and 30 FPS just feels like absolute poo poo after playing lots of halo at 60 lately. I’m going to have to park it till the 60 FPS patch is released in a couple of weeks time.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Crafty posted:

I tried destiny 2 today since it’s on gamepass, and 30 FPS just feels like absolute poo poo after playing lots of halo at 60 lately. I’m going to have to park it till the 60 FPS patch is released in a couple of weeks time.

I went from having zero interest in sea of thieves to giving it a real try now that it loads right away and is 4k 60 fps.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Twerk from Home posted:

getting an achievement every day also takes some thinking.

TrueAchievements has a feature that tells you the easiest achievements you haven't unlocked in games you own. It makes doing this pretty trivial, especially if you have been in the Xbox ecosystem for a while and own lots of games.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

SUNKOS posted:

I tuned into a Cohh stream when he was playing a Yakuza game and it had Takeshi Kitano in it which was awesome :aaa:

No that's Yakuza 6, actually.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I got SotTR for about 50% off a week after it came out on PS4, I think it tanked sales-wise

The Western Square Enix games almost always get heavily discounted very quickly, and this has been a thing since 2012 at least. The vast majority of those games were free on PS+ and/or some other service within a year or so of release.

univbee fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Nov 30, 2020

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

univbee posted:

No that's Yakuza 6, actually.

Whoops !

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
My midnight launch day MS Store Series X arrives today, hopefully the rest of you have gotten tracking info by now at least!

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Man I really miss the 360’s ability to play music off the hard drive. Playing Forza Horizon 4 reminded me of the Test Drive Unlimited playlists I used to make. And the the WWE entrance themes you could load up for custom characters.

There are other ways to listen to what you want, but the way it was integrated in the system was pretty slick.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Fly Ricky posted:

Man I really miss the 360’s ability to play music off the hard drive. Playing Forza Horizon 4 reminded me of the Test Drive Unlimited playlists I used to make. And the the WWE entrance themes you could load up for custom characters.

There are other ways to listen to what you want, but the way it was integrated in the system was pretty slick.

Yeah it sucks. At least Forza Horizon 3 had the integration with Microsoft's Groove music service, but they shut that down.

Some players on the One/Series will kind of work - Amazon Music plays in the background so if you set Forza Horizon 4 to 'no radio' you can play your own music, although in some places in the game it will also still play its own music so it's not perfect. I think Spotify plays in the background too but I don't use that.

The system level integration of it on the 360 was so well done. One of those little touches that everyone loved but never got moved forward to the newer generations.

Hell even a lot of games on the original Xbox had better integration to play songs ripped to its hard drive.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Fly Ricky posted:

I happened to have a Windows Home Server when I got a 360, and it was pretty wild being able to just bring up my server and play music/videos from it. Videos were limited to certain codecs but it was still cool.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
I like being able to mix music and gameplay so I got a headset that supports it. The Stealth 700 Gen 2 connects to the Xbox and your phone at the same time and there are volume controls for both on the earpiece. It's annoying how few options there are that allow for this kind of thing without resorting to a mess of wires.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Red Warrior posted:

I think Spotify plays in the background too but I don't use that.

The Spotify app works really well and you can also skip songs, adjust volume etc. through the dashboard overlay while you're in a game.

They had a 3 months of Spotify free with Game Pass redeem earlier this year, so it's all pretty well integrated in to the Xbox UI.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Fly Ricky posted:

I miss being able to customize audio in the NHL games the most. Spent so much time making and editing all kinds of special music intros and goal horns and arena noise in NHL 09

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Fanatic posted:

They had a 3 months of Spotify free with Game Pass redeem earlier this year, so it's all pretty well integrated in to the Xbox UI.

Spotify is ridiculous value, I can’t imagine not having a subscription if you have any sort of interest in music. It blows Amazon prime/ Netflix /Disney out of the water in terms of a content for cost comparison. I love it.

PS2 emulation coming along nicely, quite a few games tested here including timesplitters 2.

https://youtu.be/psTunlgKOMM

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

SSX 2012 was fantastic with custom soundtracks. It didn't just let you play your own music but added effects to it depending on what was happening in the game e.g. if you just landed from a huge trick or something. I remember Wipeout HD doing something similar on PS3, where you could play your own music and the game had it's own effects like this weird phase effect when there was a new zone in zone mode etc. and it was awesome.

I know a lot of hardcore multiplayer gamers like using headsets to listen to footsteps etc. and be as optimal as they can but imo just chilling with a good multiplayer game and having your own music playing is really nice and while I still do it I wish it remained an OS-level feature for consoles. It's also one of those must-have features for racing games because everyone wants to race to their own music.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I still play mxm leashed with my son every once in a while and it's a crazy nostalgia bomb when it boots up my old playlists from college. The GTA games had your playlists as a radio station and it worked better on the Xbox than it did on the PC which was amazing.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Zerot posted:

I like being able to mix music and gameplay so I got a headset that supports it. The Stealth 700 Gen 2 connects to the Xbox and your phone at the same time and there are volume controls for both on the earpiece. It's annoying how few options there are that allow for this kind of thing without resorting to a mess of wires.

Thanks for the heads up on this headset... watched a few reviews and they seem solid. One mentioned the clamping force being a bit high (but could be based on head size) do you have an opinion on their clamping force?

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

They clamped my poo poo about as well as your mom did last night, so not much 'clamping force' I'm afraid.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Ouhei posted:

My midnight launch day MS Store Series X arrives today, hopefully the rest of you have gotten tracking info by now at least!

Still at "pending" for me. And the authorization has fallen off my card. :ohdear:

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

zenintrude posted:

Thanks for the heads up on this headset... watched a few reviews and they seem solid. One mentioned the clamping force being a bit high (but could be based on head size) do you have an opinion on their clamping force?

They're a little strong, but I have an alarmingly large head so most headphones are a little uncomfortable in that regard and I'm used to it (the only headset I've tried that doesn't have this issue are the Logitech g933 and g935 and I recommend it to big headed folks for PC and PlayStation users)

One reason I like the 700 Gen 2 headset is that there are little glasses arm grooves in the earcups that make it more comfortable to wear glasses. I haven't seen this feature in any other headset and makes a difference for me in terms of comfort.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1333502305233154050

Time to see if they fixed the capture/share issues or not.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

- 'Optimized for Series X|S' badge in gaming library
- achievements status in the activity tab
- pre-install select "coming soon" Game Pass titles

I'm pretty sure these 3 are already on there?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Crafty posted:

It arrives December 8th, but with that being the day before Cyberpunk, there's not a lot of reason to care.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

American McGay posted:

Time to see if they fixed the capture/share issues or not.
Hey it works. :thumbsup:

Now they just need to steal batch Twitter photo posts from the Switch and I'll finally be happy.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I said come in! posted:

It arrives December 8th, but with that being the day before Cyberpunk, there's not a lot of reason to care.

Playing Cyberpunk on release day sounds like a recipe for pain. At least give it 2 weeks to get some emergency patches!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Cyberpunk: Halo MCC Part Duex

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

doingitwrong posted:

Still at "pending" for me. And the authorization has fallen off my card. :ohdear:

Sorry man, hopefully you're out of purgatory soon!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

doingitwrong posted:

Same here, Maybe best buy will come through Wednesday.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

doingitwrong posted:

Same with me. I purchased a bundled one off GameStop last week and they have sent the digital items and the external hard drive arrives tomorrow but everything else is listed as prepping for shipment while the charge has disappeared. Yay free external hard drive I guess?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Puyo puyo tetris 2 is out on cyberpunk day also rip.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Empress Brosephine posted:

Puyo puyo tetris 2 is out on cyberpunk day also rip.

I was disinterested in it since its only ever so slightly different that 1 unless you are interested in the narrative elements of the game.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Real hurthling! posted:

I was disinterested in it since its only ever so slightly different that 1 unless you are interested in the narrative elements of the game.

Ew no thanks then.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its certainly the one i would buy if i didnt have a perfectly good ppt1 copy

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I gave up on puyo puyo tetris. The tetris modes were fun but I suck at puyo puyo and the story seemed to focus mostly on that.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

guys im real bad at the tetris how do i get better?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Are you playing solo or multiplayer? For score or just trying to clear lines?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Laserface posted:

Do anything possible to avoid creating "wells" larger than 2 deep, one if you can help it, except one that you purposely make 4 deep to rcv a long piece and clear 4 lines at once

Use Z and T pieces to plug holes or level out hills, L pieces can plug any 2 deep holes you leave as long as the right side wall isnt 3 high

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Playing for tetrises is a dead end plateau thats hard to leave once you get stuck there

Laserface posted:

Learn to tspin double instead of just waiting for Tetrises to score big
Learn to combo
Learn to use your swap to double your time to make decision with each piece when it gets fast
Never stop spinning or sliding