Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Don't use stasis to get grenade kills

Inmost Light double pulse grenade striker with 100 disc and high resilience

Obviously Grenade Launcher Finder and Grenade Launcher Scavenger too

That's the most brutal Fragment Quest of them all but you'll get it done!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Not saying anything REQUIRES stasis grenade kills.

Just pointing out bungie set up these things to focus on stasis, and then put in a requirement that is best done with literally any other subclass. Classic Bungie.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013

xzzy posted:

One of my fragment quests in gambit requires blocker kills, using grenades or a heavy GL. That bar doesn't explicitly require "stasis" but the other two bars do (frozen combatants and stasis super kills) so clearly bungie intends for us to use stasis for that one. Or just grind more gambit I guess, they really love when we play more gambit.

I believe default finisher kills with a stasis subclass will count towards progress on the blockers (technically other finishers will work too, but some have inherent elements, so default is safest).

edit: I can't read apparently, didn't see the greandes/heavy GL requirement

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Shatter kills with that Hunter aspect count as grenade kills if the damage that does the job came from a grenade wall or being frozen in the other grenade zone. If you're doing a glimmer drill event you can get 8-9 kills per location by tossing one where all the mooks drop in, since that grenade has a pull against most enemies.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

xzzy posted:

Not saying anything REQUIRES stasis grenade kills.

Just pointing out bungie set up these things to focus on stasis, and then put in a requirement that is best done with literally any other subclass. Classic Bungie.

Kinda like the new raid. Wells and Bubbles win again.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The Fragments are just designed to have two, conflicting requirements, like Freeze Kills vs Slow Kills, or Completing Strikes as Stasis but Get Solar Kills.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

On the one hand I really dislike the Stasis titan subclass. On the other, I have four quests to do.

Sorry Zavala should've offered five quests to not do anything I guess

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I agree, sliding 10,000 feet to smash a wall of ice and obliterate everything in a glorious ice explosion that recharges all your abilities is really lame.

Or if you're in the mood, flying through the air to punch it with an ICE FIST.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

xzzy posted:

I agree, sliding 10,000 feet to smash a wall of ice and obliterate everything in a glorious ice explosion that recharges all your abilities is really lame.

Or if you're in the mood, flying through the air to punch it with an ICE FIST.

Yeah, I don't really like doing that much tbh

I could just not do the quests but I mean, you know. I'm going to. :v:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Eyes of Tomorrow looks pretty hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRgK2J_e0Ew

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

All the voice acting in D1, even Shaxx, in the Tower is really understated and quiet.

D2 went in a much more bombastic direction for basically everything except the gear lol

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Deeturbomber posted:

Question about Stasis:

Is there any trick to getting any of the Stasis grenades other than the wall grenade shatters (which is itself very inconsistent) to count towards "grenade kills"? I tried all three and despite having two demolitionist weapons and getting my grenades back constantly I average 2 random credits towards any grenade progress for an entire strike.

As others said you don't necessarily need stasis grenade kills (though of course that's a pain when you require stasis for other stuff in the same quest), but I've found for titans getting the slide-into-crystals aspect really helps with stasis kills, and they count as grenade kills if you generated the wall with one, and you usually get your grenade energy back doing it.

When doing it on my warlock, the thing that made the difference was the "larger crystal shatter explosions" fragment, but I unlocked that one pretty late, probably too late to help with that objective.

Also I appreciate that you may be doing the very quest that unlocks those aspects/fragments at this moment. I'm not sure if the quests for each aspect/fragment is always the same or pulled from a pool of similar objectives.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

It took nineteen hunts but I got cloudstrike, yay, gun feels really good

hattersmad
Feb 21, 2015

In this style, 10/6
I tried googling but can’t seem to find an answer. Do the targeting and unflinching mods stack? Trying to figure out if I should double up on these hand cannon mods for PvP.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

It took nineteen hunts but I got cloudstrike, yay, gun feels really good

Make sure to buy the "crook glued to monte carlo" ornament.

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

Last Wish is still a lot of fun! It's cool to run the old raids with all the new guns. Cloudstrike is fun to use for popping adds, and Lament is harder to use for boss DPS than I thought!

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

hattersmad posted:

I tried googling but can’t seem to find an answer. Do the targeting and unflinching mods stack? Trying to figure out if I should double up on these hand cannon mods for PvP.

Targeting = extra Aim Assist
Unflinching = less flinch (fairly self evident)

They stack with each other and they stack with themselves with diminishing returns, but if you don't have anything better to slot doesn't hurt too much.

Pretty much any mod you can equip 2 of in the same item will stack with some form of diminishing returns.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Alright, so the stasis warlock class is now basically completely poo poo, especially compared to how insane the Hunter and Titan versions are. It plays awful, all of the synergies depend on the range/speed of the melee attack, but you know what? That's fine, because once again (as all fans of last season's build, Nezerac's Sin + Gnawing Hunger will report), bottom tree Void is the best and most fun due to the new exotic, Necrotic Grip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE24rT3BwKY&t=407s

The only thing this guy gets wrong is that you shouldn't try to put Warmind Cells into this build; you only ever switch from Thorn for Barrier champions, assuming they live long enough with your 2 teammates hitting it with The Lament to shoot at. Just put Supercharged. If you feel extra spicy go with Reactive Pulse instead of Protective Light, which, in my estimation, is completely worthless since the only challenging enemies in solo content are Wyverns which 1-shot you anyways.

Don't have Thorn? It's available for a golfball at the the altar that won't stop blinking. No worries, there's no catalyst. It still owns. Don't take Taking Charge, either; you won't need it.

Also, the interaction between Necrotic Grip and Thorn has been confirmed as INTENDED FUN by the BUNGO GODS. So it won't get nerfed (until someone figures out how to use it in PvP).

forbidden dialectics fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Nov 30, 2020

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah, Truth and Xenophage can go burn in a dumpster fire now

https://i.imgur.com/MW8jSut.mp4

hattersmad
Feb 21, 2015

In this style, 10/6

VodeAndreas posted:

They stack with each other and they stack with themselves with diminishing returns, but if you don't have anything better to slot doesn't hurt too much.

Pretty much any mod you can equip 2 of in the same item will stack with some form of diminishing returns.

Thanks! What about unstoppable or overload rounds in PvP?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

VodeAndreas posted:

Targeting mods also improve your ads speed.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Taken King is still the coolest thing in Destiny drat; that opening mission hauling rear end to your ship is great. Beyond Light's is just that but worse honestly.

The games really should consider that you have a spaceship that appears to have guns more though

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The game is made by the same folks that had quite fun flying &shooting bits in Halo 1 and 2. You'd think there would be similar bits in Destiny somewhere.

I mean you don't even need to model the guns on some of the wierder ships. The more obviously magical / strange ones can fart out bolts of hive magic, light, whatever.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Vehicle combat in Destiny is so atrocious the simplest explanation is in the split from MS the contract stipulated that they not cut and paste the vehicle driving mechanics from Halo.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

xzzy posted:

Vehicle combat in Destiny is so atrocious the simplest explanation is in the split from MS the contract stipulated that they not cut and paste the vehicle driving mechanics from Halo.

Halo 4 has some of the worst vehicle controls I've ever seen.

They somehow hosed it all up.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Rubellavator posted:

Targeting mods also improve your ads speed.
Huh, I thought that was only on the dexterity mods, neat.

Unstoppable and Overload don't really do anything special in pvp as far as I know, but I'm mainly random outdated pve knowledge guy

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

xzzy posted:

Destiny 2's vehicle driving is 10x better than any incarnation of Halo, wtf. That's like saying you wish your sparrow handled like the Mako from Mass Effect.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Destiny vehicles are all either the Halo Ghost or the Halo Tank

Halo Vehicles were only good in Halo 1 and then bad in all the others

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I was thinking more the opening level of the Arbiter in Halo 2 where you fly around and shoot some stuff mid level.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Halo 1-3 Warthogs were the pinnacle of vehicle control and their like has never been achieved since

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I think the Destiny 2 tank controls pretty well.

Hate sparrows though because they have the boost button reversed - it should be always on and right mouse button should have the handbrake.

Doc Mave
Jan 7, 2007
Not a real doc.

VodeAndreas posted:

Unstoppable and Overload don't really do anything special in pvp as far as I know, but I'm mainly random outdated pve knowledge guy

Unstoppable does big flinch and explosive damage, but you still have to ADS a while to ‘load’ the round which wouldn’t be ideal in most PvP engagements.

Overload rounds add the disruption effect, so reduces the damage they deal, stops ability use and slows their recharge. But as in PvE you need to shoot them a bunch, quickly, to get the effect, so they’ll likely be dead before you notice the benefit.

tl;dr - they do but most players would only notice the benefits in edge cases

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Yeah figured unstoppable would keep the extra flinch at least but it's a bit awkward to line up, didn't realise overload suppressed in pvp though which is interesting - will it shut down a super or just the reduced damage & regen?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

VodeAndreas posted:

On the contrary, dexterity mods only enhance the ready/stow speed of a weapon.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

forbidden dialectics posted:

Alright, so the stasis warlock class is now basically completely poo poo, especially compared to how insane the Hunter and Titan versions are. It plays awful, all of the synergies depend on the range/speed of the melee attack, but you know what? That's fine, because once again (as all fans of last season's build, Nezerac's Sin + Gnawing Hunger will report), bottom tree Void is the best and most fun due to the new exotic, Necrotic Grip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE24rT3BwKY&t=407s

The only thing this guy gets wrong is that you shouldn't try to put Warmind Cells into this build; you only ever switch from Thorn for Barrier champions, assuming they live long enough with your 2 teammates hitting it with The Lament to shoot at. Just put Supercharged. If you feel extra spicy go with Reactive Pulse instead of Protective Light, which, in my estimation, is completely worthless since the only challenging enemies in solo content are Wyverns which 1-shot you anyways.

Don't have Thorn? It's available for a golfball at the the altar that won't stop blinking. No worries, there's no catalyst. It still owns. Don't take Taking Charge, either; you won't need it.

Also, the interaction between Necrotic Grip and Thorn has been confirmed as INTENDED FUN by the BUNGO GODS. So it won't get nerfed (until someone figures out how to use it in PvP).

As someone who just came back for Beyond Light and has never played seriously enough to make a build, thanks for sharing this. It looks awesome and those gloves are good motivation to keep grinding LL.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

for a good time, take the 2nd Warlock stasis aspect (rifts freeze) and Vesper of Radius (rifts fire an arc shockwave) and go do the heroic version of the vex conflux PE

Everything in every wave pretty much dies every time you hit rift, and it's recharged seconds later for the next wave

It owns

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol every game of Gambit I've played the other team has instantly killed the Primeval

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I dont know how, but I have a perfect 50/50 gambit record. So you'll eventually get put on the team with a stasis warlock to insta-gib the boss.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Majere posted:

I dont know how, but I have a perfect 50/50 gambit record. So you'll eventually get put on the team with a stasis warlock to insta-gib the boss.

1 and 4 for that but I got my quest done so who cares :v:

Does stasis not affect invaders though? I did the ice punch on one and it didn't even break the overshield. A glance off my fusion rifle nearly killed them. Also jesus christ these are the worst connections, I thought the game was going to disconnect for a while

e: This has been a thing since like three years ago but I wish the game would stop constantly reminding me there are new adventures available in the Tower; there aren't and Bungie forgot about them lol

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Nov 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Doesn't that just mean the bounties are reset?