Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

AlternateNu posted:

And yet you link none of them. :colbert:

Sentai has a bunch of blurays and DVDs for really cheap, including collectors editions. You can also save $5 using the coupon code HIDIVETHANKS at checkout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

The Colonel posted:

i did not like vlr as much as 999 and i didn't want to spend money on ztd because of that so the only uchikoshi i experienced afterwards was punchline which felt like half of an okay show that only figured out what it wanted to do midway through production

The Punchline game was worse than the anime lol

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Julias posted:

Sentai has a bunch of blurays and DVDs for really cheap, including collectors editions. You can also save $5 using the coupon code HIDIVETHANKS at checkout.

Thinking real hard about that K-ON set

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Things I learned today: Sentai sells a Legend of the Galatic Heroes premium box set for $800 dollars:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I like how it's shaped the same as that crazy expensive Alienware desktop that had like two of whatever the current GeForce Titans were and 128 gigs of ram or something ridiculous in it that came out a couple years ago.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Julias posted:

Things I learned today: Sentai sells a Legend of the Galatic Heroes premium box set for $800 dollars:

Lol, I’ve heard of Sentai prices being trash but that’s a new low. Just read the novels with the classical music station playing at that point, poo poo.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Julias posted:

Looking through their sales make me discover that AKB48 got their own anime in 2012.

I hate you now.

Edit: Holy poo poo, they have the Higurashi (+Kai +Rei) BR set for $16. You are no longer hated. :glomp:

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Nov 27, 2020

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

AlternateNu posted:

Looking through their sales make me discover that AKB48 got their own anime in 2012.

I hate you now.
its actually pretty decent, written by mari okada + shoji kawamori mecha design. better than macross delta at least

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm glad the higurashi bd set also includes the parts of the higurashi anime that actually look good

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I need to go read the old non-Ever17 Uchikoshi VNs but I'm so lazy

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Last Celebration posted:

Lol, I’ve heard of Sentai prices being trash but that’s a new low. Just read the novels with the classical music station playing at that point, poo poo.
It has to be priced that way because even in Japan the series costs a premium and that's some licensor mandated bullshit. From what I heard the DVDs were only available through mail order at some exorbitant price or something like that and when they had workshopped bringing it to the US before it was going to cost upwards of $1200

Zeether fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Nov 27, 2020

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Spiritus Nox posted:

I like how it's shaped the same as that crazy expensive Alienware desktop that had like two of whatever the current GeForce Titans were and 128 gigs of ram or something ridiculous in it that came out a couple years ago.
The Area 52 or whatever.

I wanted one so bad.

Insert a Name Here
Nov 1, 2020

]Heres comes a wild chalen-gerlrllr~
We all know I like to joke around, but I've gotten permission to teach some manga history, and this includes some very old work. I've decided make a thread for it tomorrow, but I wanna pre-emphasise something if anyone wants to post in it; it's gonna require all the maturity I have in me to be explain the time period of the artwork and its contexts, and I'm hopefully only warning the hot air blowers in sub forums that dont even visit this one and it will be an educational and reasonable thread.

I guess I'm also asking some of the folks who pal around with me on this sub forum if they'd be willing to shut anyone who kramers into it up.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the best i can do is quote posts i dont like with incredulous anime faces

Insert a Name Here
Nov 1, 2020

]Heres comes a wild chalen-gerlrllr~

Space Flower posted:

the best i can do is quote posts i dont like with incredulous anime faces

Works for me and I finished compiling and writing about it early so it's up and ready to read.

Essentially I'm doing my best to keep a teachers bias out of the way to an academic standard and don't want any "thats not what happened! esque things, because "yells at whats on netflix" people are going to look foolish anyhow.

In fact, folks here are aware by now what crowd is on my "artistic shitlist" so while doing a translation of "Casper the Friendly ghost" doesn't suddenly make it Japanese media, please allow the Manga History thread to stick around.

Insert a Name Here fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Nov 28, 2020

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

came to a shocking discovery just now and i think i'm the first person on the internet to realize it. in kirsten dunsts hit music video for turning japanese where she dances all over akihabara, theres one cut where she's inside dear stages old location and one of her backup dancers is a young furukawa mirin

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

homeless snail posted:

its actually pretty decent, written by mari okada + shoji kawamori mecha design. better than macross delta at least

Yeah its actually pretty good.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/JAVdottxt/status/1332898244159008768

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
https://twitter.com/Roonscape420/status/1332931458130874368

e:
https://twitter.com/JAVdottxt/status/1331524187513647105

Coaaab fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Nov 29, 2020

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/Anime/status/1333002779451908098

Bushiroad bought a share of Broccoli and is going to relaunch DigiCharat (Right now just as a mobage crossover). Broccoli of course being the company the founder of Bushiroad founded

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

finally, a dejiko mobage

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rabi En Rose is back!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

she was already back, in hit christmas anime Winter Garden

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Winter Garden is truly the Triangle Heart of Digi Charat

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Bring back Galaxy Angel

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Bring back Galaxy Angel dating sim from Newgrounds.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Jose posted:

So I would legit like to learn more that isn't nujabes but doesn't anyone remember back when beck was being scanlated the album that came out with it? Smorgas were great lol

m-flo with their collaborations years ago were really good.

For example,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD59LJX2r38

11years ago? christ, I'm old.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Zeether posted:

Bring back Galaxy Angel

Yeah! Also put the games on Switch or something.

chumbler posted:

Bring back Galaxy Angel dating sim from Newgrounds.

Yeah! Ah..yeah actually gently caress it, why not.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

One of DNAngel's biggest footprints in the west was a Newgrounds dating sim that never finished the first route but was still a foundational work for Flash dating sims

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

One of DNAngel's biggest footprints in the west was a Newgrounds dating sim that never finished the first route but was still a foundational work for Flash dating sims

Probably goes for Love Hina too, tbh.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I wish we got a second season of The Devil is a Part-Timer, it has no right being as good as it is.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Newgrounds taught me what "ganguro" meant

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Parrotine posted:

I wish we got a second season of The Devil is a Part-Timer, it has no right being as good as it is.

From what I've heard about the novels past that point, no you don't. Apparently it very quickly abandons the real world stuff and just becomes normal fantasy with a lot more time spent in fantasy world.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

From what I've heard about the novels past that point, no you don't. Apparently it very quickly abandons the real world stuff and just becomes normal fantasy with a lot more time spent in fantasy world.

Aw that's no fun :(

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

New Log Horizon OP is not Database. It was too good to be true. It also sounds bad but whatever

https://www6.nhk.or.jp/anime/special/special.html?i=10060

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lol

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Eucm9kti08

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

SatoshiMiwa posted:

https://twitter.com/Anime/status/1333002779451908098

Bushiroad bought a share of Broccoli and is going to relaunch DigiCharat (Right now just as a mobage crossover). Broccoli of course being the company the founder of Bushiroad founded

I see how the the utapri cover got into d4dj now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Does anyone have any good cheap tablet recommendations for manga reading? Pretty much want to read Jojolion and Berserk on it.