Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Cinematic match where Luther fights the Bigfoot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

how has luther not heard of George Noory

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Luther Rules

DJExile posted:

Noory sucks

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

DJExile posted:

A coalition of Grey's and MiBs wiped luther's memory

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

DJExile posted:

Noory might be the host of Coast to Coast but he's no modern Art Bell. Not all of it is his fault but boy, he's no Art Bell.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

https://twitter.com/zacyuki/status/1332017090635603969?s=19

Wrestlers on Social Media > huge problem could be die

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Power Windows posted:

Wrestlers on Social Media > me: my fart stink

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

Noory might be the host of Coast to Coast but he's no modern Art Bell. Not all of it is his fault but boy, he's no Art Bell.

Oh hell I don't think ANYONE's ever gonna match Art Bell

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

DJExile posted:

Oh hell I don't think ANYONE's ever gonna match Art Bell

Doctor Luther will.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 46 minutes!
As someone who followed Coast to Coast throughout the 90s, and even getting a call or two on air, then falling off after Art died and tuning in recently I was so sad to see that Noory was a Trump supporting moron.

Trump poo poo ruined conspiracy discourse. Luther’s show could be good.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Power Windows posted:

Wrestlers on Social Media > huge problem could be die

please

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Has there ever been a successful* Bigfoot/Sasquatch-themed wrestler? Seems like an easy gimmick for a bigger performer to pull off.

*No, the YETAY does not count.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Eat My Fuc posted:

As someone who followed Coast to Coast throughout the 90s, and even getting a call or two on air, then falling off after Art died and tuning in recently I was so sad to see that Noory was a Trump supporting moron.

Trump poo poo ruined conspiracy discourse. Luther’s show could be good.

I'm hoping Luther is smart enough to keep it to Art Bell out there stuff like UFOs and bigfoot and not get into "is COVID a hoax" or anything politically charged.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

I'm hoping Luther is smart enough to keep it to Art Bell out there stuff like UFOs and bigfoot and not get into "is COVID a hoax" or anything politically charged.

He is lifelong friends with Chris Jericho, on the other hand.

HouseOfLeaves99
Mar 20, 2009
Maybe he'll have on the politician who writes Bigfoot erotica and shares pictures of Bigfoot's impressive, censored out dangler.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Vince MechMahon posted:

He is lifelong friends with Chris Jericho, on the other hand.

Lance Storm is also good buddies with Jericho and manages to avoid that poo poo, so there's still hope for the Original Kiss Stealin' Death Dealin' Kingdom of Nyein' Third Eyein' son of a gun, Doctor Luther MD.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Luther passes the first test of not following any Twitter accounts in the chudosphere* and following several Bigfoot accounts, so I am optimistic.

* He follows Jericho and a ton of other wrestlers who might be dicey but not any huge red flags like Wuertz or EC3 or Val Venis nor any explicitly political pundits/figures/networks.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Cody breaks his silence on former high ranking AEW employee and direct report, Louie:

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1333461726247981073?s=20

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/MaureenOTracy/status/1333428668685758466?s=20

Behind the scenes person who was apparently loved by everyone in the NWA. Curious to see if she stays in wrestling.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Cody breaks his silence on former high ranking AEW employee and direct report, Louie:

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1333461726247981073?s=20

Louie Kahn

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
You don't often see things called "hogwash" nowadays.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

its poppycock! absolute balderdash! nothing but claptrap if ive ever seen it!!!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Davros1 posted:

Behind the scenes person who was apparently loved by everyone in the NWA. Curious to see if she stays in wrestling.

drat. NWA truly is sinking. This lady was the heart of them. Ricky and Eddie have both said nobody bleeds for that NWA like Maureen has.

Insanity.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

With Allysin Kay and others leaving NWA, there's virtually nobody left in their women's "division" besides Rosa and she's pretty much an AEW mainstay right now---would not shock me if she signs there after 2021. I don't see many other workers who are worth watching sticking around there, either.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Wasn't the literal idea behind NWA Powerrr that they needed to get onto a real station ASAP or the money would dry up.

Pictured: The money has dried up.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NWA Powerrr was good for about 4 weeks before it kept getting more and more racist. They held onto Jim for way too long. It had great wrestlers and promos and I really enjoyed the 1hr format but everyone behind the scenes seemed like a total oval office

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://mobile.twitter.com/cbc_archives/status/1281212642116370434

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

23 year old John Tenta doesn’t look a day over 48.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
TWENTY-THREE?!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Davros1 posted:

https://twitter.com/maureenotracy/status/1333498633434632193?s=21

Just following up on this as I wanted to just follow along because Maureen is SUPER NICE. I really feel for her and I hate anybody who doesn’t have a job during today’s times.

Really, really sucks. Especially since she wanted to stay.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Was Maureen basically a producer by some other name?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
the very idea that nwa still exists

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

There's a new program debuting tomorrow "NWA Shockwave"

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

BodyMassageMachine posted:

Has there ever been a successful* Bigfoot/Sasquatch-themed wrestler? Seems like an easy gimmick for a bigger performer to pull off.

*No, the YETAY does not count.

Giant Gonzales lasted like Royal Rumble to WM or SS if I remember right

Then there was also the Manotaur or whatever in WCW but I didnt' watch so who knows how long he lasted

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Imagine having this much Canadian Sitcom Dad Energy at this age.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Anyone know what happened here with Wrestlejoy?

https://twitter.com/Miss_Mix_/status/1333457154234257408?s=19

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

andy nemmeity said "actually shanna isn't islamophobic she's just worried about terrorist attacks in france!" and then doubled down and said despite being "far left" he was supportive of border controls to stop terrorism.

pretty sure most of his backpedalling is on there.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

The dude who runs it reflexively defended Shanna’s Islamaphobic Twitter activity without realizing it was part of a pattern and then live tweeted himself reading White Fragility and how much he was enjoying his personal growth from the situation, so probably that.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Nov 30, 2020

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Yeah the NWA poo poo head trio of Corgan, Lagana, and Marquez quickly soured it for me.

Marquez runs United Wrestling Network (formerly Championship Wrestling from Hollywood) and is pretty much the only indie running regularly here in California (excluding NJPW). He's got a regional TV deal and was getting most of his revenue from that pre-COVID so he's been able to run with closed set tapings.

Here's my favorite Marquez gem:

https://twitter.com/CWFHMarquez/status/1209014610533027841?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

he's so fuckin dumb