Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

It rules that all these types of people fail upwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

my ladybugs

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

bedpan posted:

For the long version, you can listen to this campaign postmortem interview with ex bernie campaign staff. This jacobin article covers the same topics although I haven't really read the jacobin article.

For the short version:

The faction within the Bernie campaign representing the political operatives actually doing the campaign work out in the handful of states the campaign decided to target at first resisted unionization because it was though that any word of labor unrest would hurt bernie. What ended up driving the workers to finally unionize was their collective horror that the campaign bosses had a terrible strategic plan and would lead them all to ruin.

thank you!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Fluoride Jones posted:

That reminds me of the skidoo dealer or whoever getting his picture taken with the nuclear football

The nuclear football guy caught the coronavirus.

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Platystemon posted:

The nuclear football guy caught the coronavirus.

The guy who got his picture taken with it or the guy it's attached to?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Fluoride Jones posted:

The guy who got his picture taken with it or the guy it's attached to?

The guy who had to stand there like a trophy and get his photo taken and get coughed on and hope Trump didn’t feel like ending the world today.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

AnimeIsTrash posted:

It rules that all these types of people fail upwards.

america is the single greatest example in history that the world is unjust and that meritocracy is a sick loving fallacy

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Kitfox88 posted:

america is the single greatest example in history that the world is unjust and that meritocracy is a sick loving fallacy

Yeah, but it's more like "sick fallacy, bro!"

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.

I just read up on this woman and the whole Shakesville debacle. Why is it that whenever any traumatised people create an online safe space for themselves or a support network it always turns into a hell on earth cult?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Prurient Squid posted:

I just read up on this woman and the whole Shakesville debacle. Why is it that whenever any traumatised people create an online safe space for themselves or a support network it always turns into a hell on earth cult?

A few reasons but as a baseline you can start with two addages: "hurt people hurt people" and "the internet makes people stupid"

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

gonna post in this thread in like, june of 2021 about not knowing who i'm waking up president to because on any given day joe could be in the hospital unable to fulfill the duties blah blah blah

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Mr. Lobe posted:

A few reasons but as a baseline you can start with two addages: "hurt people hurt people" and "the internet makes people stupid"

Also idpol is apparently catnip for narcissists.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Also idpol is apparently catnip for narcissists.

the gap between what idpol actually is and the narcissistic fever dream of liberal fawning over diversity like it’s a loving harry potter sorting house is disconcerting to say the least

i get it, though. when society grinds you under its heel as a matter of policy because of the circumstances of your birth, anyone willing to confirm what you believe about society and actually tell you that you’re special is gonna sound like a pretty good deal. the conflation of that with a sort of mythical insight into all things is just a woke variation of rich guys deciding that they’re experts on any and all topics.

there are a lot of real fuckin psychopaths who just want to recreate their own trauma with reversed power dynamics tho

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

GalacticAcid posted:

Bernie in general

Miss you February Bernie. The November Bernie sucks

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Declan MacManus posted:

the gap between what idpol actually is and the narcissistic fever dream of liberal fawning over diversity like it’s a loving harry potter sorting house is disconcerting to say the least

i get it, though. when society grinds you under its heel as a matter of policy because of the circumstances of your birth, anyone willing to confirm what you believe about society and actually tell you that you’re special is gonna sound like a pretty good deal. the conflation of that with a sort of mythical insight into all things is just a woke variation of rich guys deciding that they’re experts on any and all topics.

there are a lot of real fuckin psychopaths who just want to recreate their own trauma with reversed power dynamics tho

I also think a lot of people pushing idpol have ignored or never bother to figure out that “we are oppressed, if people from our community who look like us and are also oppressed can have a seat at the table, our issues can be addressed” is a fundamental part of what idpol comes out of. They just reduce it to “people who look like us” and don’t bother with the part where representation comes out of the same community and where the representatives have endured and understand and hope to end the shared oppression.

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017
I just remembered that time early in Obama's first term when Russia invaded Georgia, and in the first few Fox News/CNN comments dipshits thought Russia had literally landed troops in the US. USA invaded in their minds all they could do was... post about how Obama let it happen.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

Minion of Freya posted:

I just remembered that time early in Obama's first term when Russia invaded Georgia, and in the first few Fox News/CNN comments dipshits thought Russia had literally landed troops in the US. USA invaded in their minds all they could do was... post about how Obama let it happen.

american liberals screeching about how this invasion of georgia was the first step in putin's master plan to take over the world and we had to activate NATO and go to war in the caucasus to save the free world lol

then the UN looked into it and the georgians had been shelling ossetia and abkhazia for weeks before the russian intervention and suddenly it was a very complicated situation and we can't jump to conclusions but we still need to contain the moskal threat

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Malleum posted:

american liberals screeching about how this invasion of georgia was the first step in putin's master plan to take over the world and we had to activate NATO and go to war in the caucasus to save the free world lol

then the UN looked into it and the georgians had been shelling ossetia and abkhazia for weeks before the russian intervention and suddenly it was a very complicated situation and we can't jump to conclusions but we still need to contain the moskal threat

One thing that has become abundantly clear is that no matter what time it is in the west, it is always 8am in Moscow

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/adam22/status/1309545416237621249

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

We have to get rid of that. it's a bird. urghhhh uhhhhh hnghhhh

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
“As horrible as it sounds, when they throw the large sacks of drugs over, and if you have people on the other side of the wall, you don't see them–they hit you on the head with 60 pounds of the stuff? It's over,” the President said aboard Air Force One yesterday, according to the official White House transcript. “As crazy as that sounds, you need transparency through that wall.”

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/sarahjeong/status/833422291815903232

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

sarah jeong show yourse--- oh, wait, right. :smith:

icecream citadel
Nov 4, 2020
published copies of The Starr Report at the bookstore at the mall

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

icecream citadel posted:

published copies of The Starr Report at the bookstore at the mall

The Mueller Report was a New York Times bestseller

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
they made a 9/11 report graphic novel

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.

Inceltown posted:

From that link
idk about trusting corporate PR

I suppose this flyer isn't *super* legit-looking, but :shrug:
this is a better article

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
moral panic over Stop Snitchin t shirts

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

tbf this is exactly the type of dumb poo poo I'd say to bring some levity

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
13 year old me at an old family member's wife's funeral: guess it's just you and [dog's name] now, huh

:stonk:

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/islamphobiacow/status/1334245662490308608?s=20

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
4channers photoshopping the parkland teen into a girl and then falling in love with Daisy

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Take a Knee, My rear end (I Won't Take a Knee)

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Fortaleza posted:

Was thinking of this just the other day, it cracks me up lol

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

GalacticAcid posted:

the weird thing is I remember driving around town with my mom as a kid listening to 90s country radio and hearing Neil McCoy songs.

and then 30 years later he's still out there but doing... something else

e: lmfbo I just perused his wiki and his first career move was to marker himself as NEIL MCGOY

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

https://mobile.twitter.com/KylieJenner/status/602988071596924928

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

lol yeah

I refuse to listen to the actual song and like to imagine a country dude crooning about taking a knee, his rear end, and elaborating that he will not be taking a knee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Fortaleza posted: