Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

I feel like you shouldn’t be allowed to tweet this without telling us who the other coaches are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Kind of a weird brag anyway. Reid and Belichick have beaten every team in the NFL (including their own) at least twice.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I guess the real determinant of talent is how many total games it takes you because even speed running you're looking at 4 years worth.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I just remember that Brees hit all 32 teams last year with the win in Baltimore.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I feel bad for that Broncos WR. Beginning of the week, you're barely hanging on to your NFL dreams on a practice squad, then you're the biggest news in the NFL as you're forced to play QB on 2 days' notice, then everyone watches you suck at playing QB, a job you didn't ask for and probably didn't want.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Just wanna say Bruce Arians offense is complete dogshit and it was refreshing to hear Romo poo poo all over it for 3 hours yesterday.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

wandler20 posted:

Just wanna say Bruce Arians offense is complete dogshit and it was refreshing to hear Romo poo poo all over it for 3 hours yesterday.

Explain more please.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

really queer Christmas posted:

Explain more please.

Everything is deep passes that has little chance for success and relies a lot on luck and probably drawing PIs. There is no pre-snap movement to help diagnose the defense. Almost every route has an option so if you don't have an idea what the defense is doing there is no way the WR and QB will be on the same page. The opening script has been the same since week one and its been solved for like 8 weeks now so they're almost always starting on a 3 and out (outscored 59-10 in the first over the past 9 games). Completely predictable play-calling, run for 2 yards, deep pass, short pass on third and long and punt. The offense only looks good when Brady gets to dictate what they do, more crossing and underneath stuff. Bruce just wants to chuck it deep and completely abandons the running game. Rojo had a 34 yard run in the 3rd and one saw one touch the rest of the way. They had room to run but he just refused to run. They should've just kept Jameis if they weren't going to use Brady to his strengths.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

I feel bad for that Broncos WR. Beginning of the week, you're barely hanging on to your NFL dreams on a practice squad, then you're the biggest news in the NFL as you're forced to play QB on 2 days' notice, then everyone watches you suck at playing QB, a job you didn't ask for and probably didn't want.

It will unironically probably be the single biggest payday of his career, no?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

wandler20 posted:

Everything is deep passes that has little chance for success and relies a lot on luck and probably drawing PIs. There is no pre-snap movement to help diagnose the defense. Almost every route has an option so if you don't have an idea what the defense is doing there is no way the WR and QB will be on the same page. The opening script has been the same since week one and its been solved for like 8 weeks now so they're almost always starting on a 3 and out (outscored 59-10 in the first over the past 9 games). Completely predictable play-calling, run for 2 yards, deep pass, short pass on third and long and punt. The offense only looks good when Brady gets to dictate what they do, more crossing and underneath stuff. Bruce just wants to chuck it deep and completely abandons the running game. Rojo had a 34 yard run in the 3rd and one saw one touch the rest of the way. They had room to run but he just refused to run. They should've just kept Jameis if they weren't going to use Brady to his strengths.

I know he mentioned the route option thing, but New England had that too and Tom didn’t have issues there so I assume a big part of the struggles is that the reads/options are different and he hasn’t had time to learn the receivers and make sure they’re reading the defense the same way. Or maybe the options are more complicated and the lack of pre snap motion makes it harder to identify the correct route pre snap?

But yea, in general he had a lot to say about Arians scheme and it mostly did not come across as flattering. He did spend a lot of time at the end of the game talking about their new “evolved” offense though, so it will be amusing when the same poo poo happens next week.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

It's been how many months? The "needs time to gel" excuse kinda seems pretty wack.

It just looks like Brady wants to play action to gronk and check down to the nearest white guy all game.

And no one made Brady sign there. We know what Arians offense looks like, and Brady presumably knew what his physical limitations are.

Really fun watching Bucs fans seamlessly replace Pats fans as blaming everyone but Brady whenever something bad is happening.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Barudak posted:

It will unironically probably be the single biggest payday of his career, no?

Hopefully not but probably :(

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1333065398498037764

Edit: lol read the comments to find people who think that's plenty of money to get your rear end beat on an enormous stage

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Nov 30, 2020

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

wandler20 posted:

Thanks for the explanation, I felt like that was the case before but didn't want to talk out of my rear end since I havent paid too close attention to bucs games. Arians seems like the type of guy that thinks his scheme is perfect and needs to changes, even when you have a 44 year old QB that can't throw deep anymore.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I know he mentioned the route option thing, but New England had that too and Tom didn’t have issues there so I assume a big part of the struggles is that the reads/options are different and he hasn’t had time to learn the receivers and make sure they’re reading the defense the same way. Or maybe the options are more complicated and the lack of pre snap motion makes it harder to identify the correct route pre snap?

The route options thing is something you need reps to get a feel for what your receivers will do. That's probably why in NE Brady would basically go to Edelman, Gronk or check down to a RB. He played so much with those guys he knew what they were going to do. Arians refusing to do pre snap motion makes things even more difficult. Teams can just disguise what they're doing and you don't have a chance.

really queer Christmas posted:

Thanks for the explanation, I felt like that was the case before but didn't want to talk out of my rear end since I havent paid too close attention to bucs games. Arians seems like the type of guy that thinks his scheme is perfect and needs to changes, even when you have a 44 year old QB that can't throw deep anymore.

I think Arians is definitely that guy. Like Jameis was throwing a millions picks but he didn't change poo poo, just let him keep slinging it down the field.

Brady does deserve some blame because he hasn't been great and missed plenty of throws that were there. But sending out 5 WR package with no protection help is a terrible idea. If you bring one extra guy Brady is going to throw it right in the dirt because he's not going to take a hit. They did this countless times.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Oh, nevermind, it's all on Brady.

https://twitter.com/PewterReport/status/1333471060491169793?s=20

https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/1333465039513153536?s=20

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Nov 30, 2020

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

On one hand yeah, on the other no one expected you to do anything at all. There were no real expectations that he’d be a NFL level QB. And now he has a story how he was a starting NFL quarterback that he can tell his kids and friends. How many of us can say that?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Arians offenses have always had a boom or bust quality and he’s definitely stubborn about his scheme. On the other hand he generally has pretty prolific offenses and he gets great production out of RBs and a big part of that is all of the downfield stuff clearing out the middle of the field.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

The Panthers game yesterday was peak Panthers. Yet another game where they do some decent to great stuff (Chinn's two TDs), blow a sure lead, miraculous play that is called back (blocked extra point), manage to give themselves an opportunity at the end, and blow it on the final play. Extra points for the last minute injury.

Slye is absolutely terrible under pressure.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Silly Burrito posted:

On one hand yeah, on the other no one expected you to do anything at all. There were no real expectations that he’d be a NFL level QB. And now he has a story how he was a starting NFL quarterback that he can tell his kids and friends. How many of us can say that?

Not only that, he scored as many points as Tom Brady against the Saints defense!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Two more games to clinch the division.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

Hopefully not but probably :(

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1333065398498037764

Edit: lol read the comments to find people who think that's plenty of money to get your rear end beat on an enormous stage

he should AT LEAST get what GA Southern gets paid to be stomped by Bama every other year.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Two more games to clinch the division.

The gently caress does DNCD mean in this chart that everyone keeps posting?

I made a graphic that requires 6 asterisks and footnotes. I'm awesome at data visualization.

moroboshi
Dec 11, 2000

PostNouveau posted:

I made a graphic that requires 6 asterisks and footnotes. I'm awesome at data visualization.

Oh poo poo I just figured it out. Does Not Control Destiny?

Still bad.

moroboshi fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Dec 1, 2020

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

moroboshi posted:

Oh poo poo I just figured it out. Does Not Control Destiny?

Stil bad.

Yep. I cut it off in that screenshot but they explain it here.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nfcstandings.html

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nfcwinmagicnumbers.html

“DNCD" indicates the team Does Not Control its Destiny for this playoff spot and thus, even after winning all remaining games, needs help from other teams to win

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Ah OK

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Brady getting Arians fired so he can bring in Josh McDainels next year as head coach.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Athanatos posted:

Brady getting Arians fired so he can bring in Josh McDainels next year as head coach.

Only if he brings Matt Patricia as DC.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Athanatos posted:

For what team? The NFC South has been mean to him.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I don't think Brady comes back for another year but here's hoping because it makes Brees more likely to not retire either.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

PostNouveau posted:

I don't think Brady comes back for another year but here's hoping because it makes Brees more likely to not retire either.

lol as if the Saints could afford his salary.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

You dare doubt the power of Mickey Loomis? Foolish mortal.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Athanatos posted:

:sickos:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

You doubt our ability to kick a can down the road???

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

PostNouveau posted:

You doubt our ability to kick a can down the road???

I really think you've ran out of road this time.

Either way, I REALLY look forward to how they handle this offseason.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Getting out my can kicking shoe

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

They can't keep getting away with this i scream as the gigantic can gets kicked another year

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Just a reminder they would have to cut these players just to get under the cap next season. Even then they're at like 200k in cap space.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

wandler20 posted:

Just a reminder they would have to cut these players just to get under the cap next season. Even then they're at like 200k in cap space.

They’ll cut some players and restructure some others and get under the cap and it’ll be fine. I’m sure they’ll be a worse team but they’re not going to bottom out.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

YOLOsubmarine posted:

They’ll cut some players and restructure some others and get under the cap and it’ll be fine. I’m sure they’ll be a worse team but they’re not going to bottom out.

Restructuring is where you get in worse trouble and how you end up paying Drew Brees $6m in 2023 (this is a thing). Have to rip the bandaid off at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

wandler20 posted:

Restructuring is where you get in worse trouble and how you end up paying Drew Brees $6m in 2023 (this is a thing). Have to rip the bandaid off at some point.

Sure but if they're trying to kick the can down the road again, then that's how they'll do it. If they're planning to just tank then they'll probably just rip it off and deal with it. We'll find out!