Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beer pal

ya i did em in the instant pot extremely easy. set it & forget it babey

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Going through some work documents and found this account:

lmeao

thanks nesamdoom!!

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

beer pal posted:

ya i did em in the instant pot extremely easy. set it & forget it babey

ron popeil would be proud

more falafel please

forums poster

whole slices also whip rear end. if I never use pre-ground black pepper again I'll be happy

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

alnilam

whole spices are great but with black pepper it's completely essential imo, pre ground black pep is practically worthless

ty manifisto

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Y'all gently caress with whole green cardamom pods? Highly recommended.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Like I straight up threw a few in my masala chai that I make and wowowowow it's better than it's ever been, I'm never going back

more falafel please

forums poster

Kief Richards posted:

Y'all gently caress with whole green cardamom pods? Highly recommended.

yup i've been doing a lot of indian cooking recently and so whole coriander and cardamom are staples

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Kief Richards posted:

Like I straight up threw a few in my masala chai that I make and wowowowow it's better than it's ever been, I'm never going back

I always put one in my mulled wine spices. :cheers:

more falafel please

forums poster

hey y'all, we need some help over in the nuthatch thread. we're all getting bored of looking for nuthatches so we're collaboratively drawing a picture, but we need, say, seven more people to contribute to it including one lurker

biosterous

and those are definitely numbers pulled out of nowhere, and not a very specific requirement that we need help with.

we definitely don't need at least seven more contributors, at least one of which is a lurker, in order to free nut

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Finger Prince

beer pal posted:

monring yobbos yesterday i cooked chickpeas from dry instead of used out of a can and theyre so much better. its the dawning of a new era. next step is to start using whole spices instead of pre ground

If you're ready to move on to the next level of "I hate this but it's worth it" chickpea making, add baking soda to the water and then rub the skins off and rinse them away. (it's not as easy as it sounds and all the tutorials make it look). But it makes for super creamy hummus!

beer pal

that might be a bridge too far for me... i dont even peel my garlic

B33rChiller

Finger Prince posted:

If you're ready to move on to the next level of "I hate this but it's worth it" chickpea making, add baking soda to the water and then rub the skins off and rinse them away. (it's not as easy as it sounds and all the tutorials make it look). But it makes for super creamy hummus!

Thanks for the tip. sounds great

I'll give a psa reminder in return
I really started paying attention to picking through and thoroughly washing lentils when I found out I have a medically necessary dietary restriction. I read the back of the package, and it said may contain wheat. spread them out, and sure enough, in a kg of green lentils, there were two grains of wheat! come to find out later, that crops can be contaminated right from the growing stage due to voluntary plants. If there hasn't been enough time since wheat was grown in the field, occasional plants can just sprout and grow with whatever is now intentionally being grown. sneaky sneaky wheat. It's a big problem with oats too.

But it wasn't just wheat I found in there. bits of grit and unknowable debris too. Everyone pick over and wash your legumes and pulses, even if you can eat anything generally edible.

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
All lurkers are contracually obligated to post :hai:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

All lurkers are contracually obligated to post :hai:

it's in the tos

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

beer pal posted:

that might be a bridge too far for me... i dont even peel my garlic

What the gently caress

How absolute dare

SIDS Vicious

i peel my garlic so much that all that is left is a little nub and i just eat it bt itself while everything else cooks and then i breathe onnthe cooking food and it gets just enough garlic essence from my slightly garlicky breath which i have from eating thr small nub of garlic

more falafel please

forums poster

i usually just snip off the root end of the clove and give it a smashy smash with the flat side of my knife and the peel comes right off, plus there's very few times when a garlic clove needs to be minced or chopped rather than just smashy smashed so it's way quicker

Finger Prince

Edit - I hosed up

beer pal

i like to eat the papery parts. i also dont peel my onions. its good to me. another special treat is when you get to eat the sticker from the bell pepper.

Finger Prince

I work with a guy who hates garlic and won't eat anything garlicky and I had to make a special non-garlic containing tzadziki (wtf even) just for him once for a potluck and I'm pretty sure he's a secret vampire.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

beer pal posted:

i like to eat the papery parts. i also dont peel my onions. its good to me. another special treat is when you get to eat the sticker from the bell pepper.

please say this is a bit

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

TVsVeryOwn posted:

please say this is a bit

It's not, the bell pep sticker is a delicacy in certain regions

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Finger Prince posted:

I work with a guy who hates garlic and won't eat anything garlicky and I had to make a special non-garlic containing tzadziki (wtf even) just for him once for a potluck and I'm pretty sure he's a secret vampire.

Wtaf that's just yogurt with loving cucumbers and mint, just :wtc:

RickRogers

TVsVeryOwn posted:

please say this is a bit

Once you release yourself from having to peel; treat yourself to a whole kiwi fruit. The leathery, hairy skin is quite the gourmand experience.

beer pal

kiwi skin is good though for real. sometimes its too tough but most of the time its nice. i also like to eat the whole strawberry leaves & all

Papa Was A Video Toaster

RickRogers posted:

Once you release yourself from having to peel; treat yourself to a whole kiwi fruit. The leathery, hairy skin is quite the gourmand experience.

whole kiwi is aight. garlic and onion skin are not food

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
Bed broke in outer space

Sheep is outside bleating

Bed being fixed

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
Rooster wanted my rice

Go away rooster

No rice for rooster

RickRogers

My wife threw the broccoli stalk away (basically a third of the dang thing) when she cooked, I had to always make a mad dive into the compost and show her how wrong and bad that is.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
Big. Moon last night

Cold!!!

Having a good time. In outer space

B33rChiller

Finger Prince posted:

I'm sorry.
I'm sorry you have to work with people like that
I'm sorry you live in Mordor province, since you evidently work with my dad

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Heather Papps

hello friend

i grew up with very plain food, and to this day am constantly assailed by spice pushers and seasoning salespeople. basically when i go to eat my food people yell at me to put more things on it and i sometimes give in. i like spices but i am a simple man of simple pleasures, and i'll gladly eat a dinner of browned ground beef and a whole lettuce.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

more falafel please

forums poster

TVsVeryOwn posted:

whole kiwi is aight. garlic and onion skin are not food

i save garlic/onion skins (and all sorts of veggie scraps) for making veggie stock. just don't use brassicas (cabbage/broccoli/kale/cauliflower/brussels sprouts) because the stock will stink like a fart

Finger Prince

B33rChiller posted:

I'm sorry.
I'm sorry you have to work with people like that
I'm sorry you live in Mordor province, since you evidently work with my dad

I do live in Mordor province.

I feel like garlic-free tzadziki is the most spiteful condiment you can make though, and even though he really enjoyed it and thanked me for making it, it felt good just watching him enjoy his cucumber yogurt like some vampire-rear end doctor blandenstein, ignorant of the sick burn my culinary efforts meted out upon him.

alnilam

RickRogers posted:

My wife threw the broccoli stalk away (basically a third of the dang thing) when she cooked, I had to always make a mad dive into the compost and show her how wrong and bad that is.

yeah broc stoc is good imo

ty manifisto

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

alnilam posted:

yeah broc stoc is good imo

:agreed: and it makes the best fries for real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

Kief Richards posted:

:agreed: and it makes the best fries for real