Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Can't have everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
A good point

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Now only if she could star in actually watchable movies

Nice post/avatar combo

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm just glad Milla Jovovich has a better husband now, one who casts her as cool Capcom characters

Can she get a different husband who doesn’t have a movie that mutilated a stunt actress?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That's obviously the next step up. It's Hollywood, you've gotta move up the ladder one rung at a time.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Mierenneuker posted:

Can she get a different husband who doesn’t have a movie that mutilated a stunt actress?

*raises finger*

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Americans have redeeming factors
What are they

Mojo Nixon

France could never spawn an artist on the level of Mojo Nixon. They wouldn't even manage a Skid Roper because France is devoid of culture.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Gripweed posted:

Nice post/avatar combo

Shapiro loved the resident evil movies, they are as boring as he is

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Shapiro loved the resident evil movies, they are as boring as he is

I knew that gamergaters hate the Resident Evil movies because they star a woman, and that's where most of the hate the series gets online comes from. But I didn't know anybody actually thought they were boring.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Gripweed posted:

I knew that gamergaters hate the Resident Evil movies because they star a woman, and that's where most of the hate the series gets online comes from. But I didn't know anybody actually thought they were boring.

I mean they are really boring yeah.

Nothing wrong with some good action schlock, but those movies definitely ain’t that

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

El_Elegante posted:

Luc Besson is a pedophile, though. Clemency for oldpainless and gently caress the mods for trying to legitimize statutory rape.

I doubt it was statutory rape in France.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Lol there is always one

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
It was a derisive comment about France's general acceptance of that sort of poo poo, but sure, read it how you want.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

oldpainless posted:

Luc besson can’t help his disgusting pedophilic tendencies. He’s French.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bad probe

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Luc besson can’t help his disgusting pedophilic tendencies. He’s French.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Calling a paedophile a paedophile is a bad thing?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I can't believe that someone would be bigoted enough to associate France and pedophilia in any way.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Vagabundo posted:

Calling a paedophile a paedophile is a bad thing?

You might be a mod if...

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Origami Dali posted:

It was a derisive comment about France's general acceptance of that sort of poo poo, but sure, read it how you want.

“That sorta poo poo” like it’s not accepted in huge swathes of America or other parts of the world with a toxic predatory patriarchy.

What the gently caress is wrong with this place with the out and out racism lately? Like, I get hating the French government and French aristocracy and all that, but to hate on the people of France in general “who accept that sort of poo poo” to the point that you’d condone bigoted language is suspect as gently caress to me, and I could give a poo poo about France. Bigoted language is bigoted language and using a pedophile to justify it is lovely.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Nov 20, 2020

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

ruddiger posted:

“That sorta poo poo” like it’s not accepted in huge swathes of America or other parts of the world with a toxic predatory patriarchy.

What the gently caress is wrong with this place with the out and out racism lately? Like, I get hating the French government and French aristocracy and all that, but to hate on the people of France in general “who accept that sort of poo poo” to the point that you’d condone bigoted language is suspect as gently caress to me, and I could give a poo poo about France. Bigoted language is bigoted language and using a pedophile to justify it is lovely.

This

It's real lovely to equate an entire country's people with something as hosed up as pedophilia. Thinking it's fine to do so is based in some old fashioned chauvinism that France/Europe is a degenerate country compared to the bright shining beacon of the US. If I were French, I'd feel offended. If you don't mean to include the whole of France in your derogatory statement, make that poo poo clear.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
I wouldn't think that people would automatically assume bad faith with that statement. If someone were to say something like "Italy is bad regarding sexual equality and harassment", I take it would be understood that, no, not every Italian citizen is in fact a sexual harasser, but the countries' institutions and the general culture regarding relations between men and women make it particularly hard for, say, a metoo like movement to be taken seriously.

France has long viewed America as sexually puritanical (and I don't disagree), and, generally, has viewed itself as being more enlightened regarding sexual freedom and 'minding ones own business', which can come into a direct clash with holding people like a Polanski or Besson accountable. Their metoo moment stalled out pretty fast, too, with a cultural backlash from those with that exact mindset. My reply about statutory rape was facetious, because afaik there's no such thing as statutory rape in France. As a result, it's incredibly difficult to prosecute the rape of a minor in their courts. I think you can find these aspects of the country problematic, without appealing to 'enlightened American values' or whatever, and I don't think there's anything bigoted or racist(?) about it. I wouldn't take offense or say someone is a bigot for calling America a land of racist wingnuts either, even if a sizable portion of the population aren't racist wingnuts, because yeah, I get it.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
These aren't the bad posters I signed up for...

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Don't worry everyone, the movie industry is saved:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

This Boss Baby is a Girl Boss yaaas queen

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Waffleman_ posted:

This Boss Baby is a Girl Boss yaaas queen

👏more👏baby👏girls👏in👏the👏upper👏echelons👏of👏the👏military industrial complex👏👏

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

caligulamprey posted:

So, uh, where did a baby still in the womb get a pacifier and a phone?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

She has a guy

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

muscles like this! posted:

Shhh. It's all skin. :ssh:

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

I can't believe that someone would be bigoted enough to associate France and pedophilia in any way.

I still don't think it's reasonable to conflate all of France with predatory sexuality even if this...outlook is somewhat pervasive, but holy poo poo reading about that petition is loving wild. I had no idea that existed, am not surprised Michel Foucault was involved, and the fact 69 people signed it is just :discourse:.

Thanks for this incredibly bizarre history lesson.

Spikey Willow
Feb 26, 2008

caligulamprey posted:

Even though it's in silhouette, you just know she's doing the Dreamworks smirk.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Does the baby world have it's own stock market or do the baby companies trade on the adult stock markets?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

muscles like this! posted:

You'll never be a boss baby with that attitude.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
The entire conceit of Boss Baby, which was surprisingly good, is that it's a kid wildly exaggerating the narrative of how he reacted to the arrival of his baby brother, using various toys from his room as inspiration to tell a fanciful story with lots of kid logic. It did have the little gag at the end of his daughter somehow being the next Boss Baby, but that certainly seems like it'll be a sequel with diminishing returns.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
What are the best options for ordering (or buying in person, if we're getting crazy) 27" x 40" poster frames these days?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Faizon Love is suing Universal over the international poster for the 2009 movie Couples Retreat. Apparently the reason it has taken this long is that he was getting strung along by the studio who claimed they were going to make it right.

As you can see they didn't just remove his image from the poster, they also removed his name from the credits.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
'tis the season

Time to compile a new one for 2020

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

jisforjosh posted:

'tis the season

Time to compile a new one for 2020

This is my nightmare thank you

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Put a red sweater on the dude YOU COWARDS.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I guess Netflix making multiracial Vanessa Hudgens their default Christmas actress is progress.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Not for nothing, I do think that's an intentional thumb on the scale on behalf of Netflix. Hallmark-style Christmas rom-coms are shockingly conservative for mass-popular media, and the ambient whiteness of them feels pretty central to the genre. So, Netflix making their own find-replace version of that thing and casting POC actors does feel like a choice with an intention. Some of them even throw in LGBT characters...not as the lead, mind you, but they're around.

My hope is to one day see a multi-ethnic nonbinary throuple at the core of a Christmas romcom, but until then we get Vanessa Hudgens. Sometimes 2 or 3 different Hudgenses in one film.

Also, I legit read the title of one of those Hallmark movies as, "White Before Christmas." And that sounded totally plausible for a second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The MSJ posted:

I guess Netflix making multiracial Vanessa Hudgens their default Christmas actress is progress.

I meant to watch them all this year in an act of self hatred, but based on what I’ve seen they basically just hire a casting director who takes a script that is all white straight people and diversifies it with zero real thought. I watched one set in small town Alaska that must’ve had the entire African American population of the entire state in it.