Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

kater posted:

yay last day and i finally get diona. only took 70 dang rear end pulls.

rust and 2pc glad/bolide right

The 2 piece bolide effect doesn't carry over to other characters, so other options are probably better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I am paralyzed with indecision about whether to keep pulling to try and get Diona or to save my primos to try and get Razor constellations/Zhongli to pair with Ningguang and it is killing me inside. On the one hand completion, on the other it's yet another bow user that wants Rust (I think?) and I only have the one.

Re: The Sacrificial Greatsword someone mentioned upthread, it might be okay for Beidou and lots of counters? But that's a lot of either missing atk or EM depending on whether you're using her for support or as a carry from other potential claymores.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
I’m not exactly sure when Chinese servers reset but has anyone seen what the December star glitter four star characters are?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the shop should refresh there in a couple hours

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Bussamove posted:

I am paralyzed with indecision about whether to keep pulling to try and get Diona or to save my primos to try and get Razor constellations/Zhongli to pair with Ningguang and it is killing me inside. On the one hand completion, on the other it's yet another bow user that wants Rust (I think?) and I only have the one.

Re: The Sacrificial Greatsword someone mentioned upthread, it might be okay for Beidou and lots of counters? But that's a lot of either missing atk or EM depending on whether you're using her for support or as a carry from other potential claymores.
I don't think Diona wants Rust. Her two best 4* weapons are probably Sacrificial Bow and Favonious Warbow (with a crit helm).

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Rust just melts poo poo.

Did three condensed resin runs to get the mats I needed to take it from 50->80 and my god.

Not that I was having a hard time with compound bow, but rust is just next level busted.

I also hit AR44 today. I have everything I need to take Fischl to 90 instantly. I don’t have the xp for anyone else but I’ll probably ascend Bennett instantly too. He’s the best boy.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
At 21 my roster is:

Traveller (both types)
Amber
Lisa
Kaeya
Noelle
Ningguang
Bennett
Diona (just got today)

And I'm not sure if I have the right people to put a decent team together. I know Bennett is a winner and I'm glad to get a non-Amber archer at last, anyway. Makes up a bit for missing out on Fischl.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Where's your Barbara?

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Tae posted:

Where's your Barbara?

Not done that quest yet. Should get her tonight.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
poo poo, this is kind of making me regret not getting Viridescent Hunt this BP

Hyper Inferno posted:

Does Chongyun's ice field give every hit a chance to reset CD for the Sacrificial greatsword?

It should only apply on damage done by the skill, so not the converted attacks. Not sure if the second hit works, I'll test later today if no one has an answer by then.

No Wave posted:

Oh jeez I don't want Zhong Li or Xinyan but I have FOUR of their talent materials. Upsetting. Xinyan's C2 does look really good tbh.

I wasn't paying much attention to her constellations, but the first two do look like huge improvements from her baseline. The first making her better at filling a main DPS role, the second giving her more consistency as a pyro enabler.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Bussamove posted:

I don't think "completion" is a wise or reasonable goal to go after right now. If you think long-term, that means you'll feel obliged to pull on every single banner, often much more than you'd like (since it seems that every banner will have a unique 4* and two other rate-up 4*s, which means it'll take an AVERAGE of 6 four-star pulls to get the single 4* you want.)

So, do you want to do like 60 pulls per banner, sometimes more if you're unlucky? Because that's not remotely happening unless you whale quite a bit. It's not doable with just BP and Welkin and events (if the ones we've gotten are any indication).

If you're not willing to do 60+ pulls every banner, then give up your dreams of completion now and forget about Diana (unless you actually wanna use her, of course). You'll be forced to give up in a couple more banners anyway, and better to do it on your own terms instead of by running completely dry on primos.

Ashenai fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Nov 30, 2020

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Ashenai posted:

I don't think "completion" is a wise or reasonable goal to go after right now. If you think long-term, that means you'll feel obliged to pull on every single banner, often much more than you'd like (since it seems that every banner will have a unique 4* and two other rate-up 4*s, which means it'll take an AVERAGE of 6 four-star pulls to get the single 4* you want.)

So, do you want to do like 60 pulls per banner, sometimes more if you're unlucky? Because that's not remotely happening unless you whale quite a bit. It's not doable with just BP and Welkin and events (if the ones we've gotten are any indication).

If you're not willing to do 60+ pulls every banner, then give up your dreams of completion now and forget about Diana (unless you actually wanna use her, of course). You'll be forced to give up in a couple more banners anyway, and better to do it on your own terms instead of by running completely dry on primos.

Yeah, ultimately she doesn’t have a place on my teams except possibly as a healer for a 2 electro/2 cryo Razor team or something so I’ll probably just hoard them for people I’ll actually use.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

kater posted:

yay last day and i finally get diona. only took 70 dang rear end pulls.

rust and 2pc glad/bolide right

I do sac bow and Barbara build since I have plenty dps elsewhere, works great.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I put up my portable waypoint on top of Snarsnatch Cliff rather than directly on crab island so I can farm cecilias, too. Then I decided to try the Anemo treasure compass on the island thinking I couldn't have possibly missed a chest out there...

Nope, there was a precious chest I had missed.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Speaking of banners and 4*s, it'll be interesting to see what the next ones do. After Zhongli's, the only remaining ones are three freebies (Amber/Lisa/Kaeya) and Bennett. There'll probably be a new 4*, which likely leaves Bennett and one freebie as the other two.

It would be funny if instead of that, they did an Amber/Lisa/Kaeya rateup with Ganyu, lol

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The next banner after Zhong Li (Albedo assuming he's first) pretty much has to have Bennett+Rosaria then probably either Fischl, Sucrose, Xingqiu, or (sigh) Barbara. The banner after that would be Hu Tao then probably another two of those. If we get Bennett+Fish or XQ+Fish on a banner I am rolling it down all the way.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Nov 30, 2020

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The time has somehow come that raw meat is a bigger cooking bottleneck for me than crabs. I've been religiously buying 5 crabs from the Liyue fish vendor guy every day, and I also discovered that there are a bunch near where the final meteorite event area is.

Is there any place where you can buy raw meat? It seems like a pain to farm. I obviously keep someone on the expedition node for it, but so many recipes use it.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Ytlaya posted:

The time has somehow come that raw meat is a bigger cooking bottleneck for me than crabs. I've been religiously buying 5 crabs from the Liyue fish vendor guy every day, and I also discovered that there are a bunch near where the final meteorite event area is.

Is there any place where you can buy raw meat? It seems like a pain to farm. I obviously keep someone on the expedition node for it, but so many recipes use it.

The hunter in springvale (draff I think) but only during the day

He hangs out near the pond

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Bennet and Kaeya on the same banner would get all of my gems until the last second the banner was up. The three freebies, though? Not touching that one. Was Albedo ever confirmed 5*? Some early leaky stuff suggested he was 4.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

You can buy finished meat products from Sara which speeds things up a lot.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
last night I got drunk and decided to dump a ton of resources into Noelle because why not, I have so many extras

what could I possibly have been saving all those topazes, basalt pillars and XP tomes for :shepicide:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Bennett and Fischl would be an incredible banner.

I want that on Ayaka's banner, since I'm already planning to roll a ton for her.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

Two good boar spots. The first one has so many, you're likely to scare half of them away and still get a decent amount.

Hyper Inferno posted:

Does Chongyun's ice field give every hit a chance to reset CD for the Sacrificial greatsword?

gandlethorpe posted:

It should only apply on damage done by the skill, so not the converted attacks. Not sure if the second hit works, I'll test later today if no one has an answer by then.

Just checked and it can be triggered by the second hit from ascension 4.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

gandlethorpe posted:

Two good boar spots. The first one has so many, you're likely to scare half of them away and still get a decent amount.

There's also a bunch in the fields of Qingce Village.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
Well, i finally got a treasure compass today, and i think the last time i found myself exasperatedly saying "oh come on how the gently caress did i miss that?" out loud to nobody as much as this i was playing XCOM

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Starglitter shop is pure disappointment this month, Kaeya + Barbara. HOWEVER looks like fates in the stardust shop are still discounted so it's not all bad!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

December 4*s in the shop are Barbara and Kaeya, bleh

But holy poo poo the Abyss buff. They're definitely pushing Zhongli lol

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

gandlethorpe posted:

December 4*s in the shop are Barbara and Kaeya, bleh

I expected Kaeya but Barbara is a huge disappointment.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

C2 Kaeya is good stuff

Royal weapons again though

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Ehehe I saved my glitters instead of buying Bennett. Let's wait another month

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
Where are you guys seeing this stuff? I still have Bennett + Lisa in shop. Is this a timezone thing? (I'm in Europe).

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Ashenai posted:

Where are you guys seeing this stuff? I still have Bennett + Lisa in shop. Is this a timezone thing? (I'm in Europe).

Chinese servers have rolled over to tomorrow. So we get a nice preview.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

CN server resets 14hrs before NA (so 8 ahead of Europe?) so the shop info and other such stuff comes out early

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
Ah right, of course. So what's the deal with the Abyss now?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Bussamove posted:

razor is good but his constellations aren't going to be huge or anything. i guess it depends on who else you have. if you have qiqi then diona is redundant. if you have fischl or keqing, then razor isn't needed. you probably always want an archer, so if your only options are amber or fischl, except you have a better thunder unit than fish, then i'd say go for diona

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Razor's a good character with very meaningful constellations. If he's one of your mains absolutely pull for them.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The White Dragon posted:

razor is good but his constellations aren't going to be huge or anything. i guess it depends on who else you have. if you have qiqi then diona is redundant. if you have fischl or keqing, then razor isn't needed. you probably always want an archer, so if your only options are amber or fischl, except you have a better thunder unit than fish, then i'd say go for diona

His C4 adds a 15% DEF debuff to his press skill that stacks with Superconduct. It's actually quite impactful for his damage output since he's primarily doing physical damage.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I'm in the same boat as that guy, except my only ice unit is Kaeya. 60 pulls on this banner has gotten me three beidous and three four star weapons :negative: two pulls away from another guaranteed 4 star banner character so I'll give it one more shot at diona before the end of the day.

While fischl is a respectable dps, razor is just flat out better. And most of his consellations are solid. His first looks like its a flat 10% damage buff. And 4th being a 15% damage debuff on enemies is huge. Really the only lackluster one is the 2nd, 10% more crit on enemies below 30% hp yawn. Increasing the level on claw and thunder is also pretty eh.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

dogsicle posted:

C2 Kaeya is good stuff

:yeah:

That said, I'm not particularly interested in getting more levels for Frostgnaw or Shining Miracle, so I'll be saving my starglitter for next month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Razors constellations are solid gradual damage increases but aren't must haves like, for example, Ningguan c1 and c2 that actually impact her playstyle significantly and let her do stuff she couldn't before