Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

romanowski posted:

absolutely filled with disgust at how small her lekkus and montrals are........... this is not my Ashoka Tano

Maybe she got a lekku and montral reduction to help with her back problems? Ever thought of that, huh? :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

romanowski posted:

absolutely filled with disgust at how small her lekkus and montrals are........... this is not my Ashoka Tano

lmao

Herostratus
May 1, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

Coruscant, no, but "A City" planet? Probably. If I recall correctly, the place Din's going next, that Jedi temple Ahsoka mentioned is going to be the Mountain planet. We only got three episodes left to find out either way.

Also at this point in the timeline the New Republic established its rotating capital system to keep one single world from becoming a new Coruscant, so currently Chandrila is the planet everyone cares about and no one gives a poo poo about Coruscant anymore.

Coruscant would be interesting though, it'd be basically space Detroit.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
greasy rear end goon alt tabbing out of his 5 terabyte folder of aayla secura source film maker smut to comment on the size, girth, and plumpitude of snips montrals (?) and lekku, slamming his big round fists on the gaming keyboard with rage

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

So cute

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Needs a giant jar of pickled eggs.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

All in good time

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Teek posted:

Filoni: I said, “Well, Ahsoka’s eyes are blue and yours are not, but I don’t want you to worry about it. If you don’t want to go for that, we can just say that in this version they’re not.” And Rosario insisted. She’s like, “No, no, no. Let me try it.”

Dawson: I remember when I put the contacts on, that was when it really solidified—the headpiece, the tails, the shape, the coloring, everything. Doing the face marking, doing my skin, wearing the costume, all of that was absolutely incredible. But I still kind of felt like I was in cosplay. The second the contacts went in, it was Ahsoka. I felt like I disappeared.

This looks like such a little thing but it's the difference between fandom and actual artistry that the attitude of the guy making it is entirely 'we do the thing that gets the best performance out of you in this moment'. That's how you make a great show.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

hobbesmaster posted:

How do you delete all memory HBO's game of thrones from your mind? Asking for a friend.

Never watch it in the first place :smugdog:

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Azhais posted:

He was also in the second Kingsman movie

Holy poo poo the number of cuts in this twirling sequence is like taken 2 levels bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBIyOYbzvxs&t=106s

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Theres a lot of lovely fight choreography in Game of Thrones. It doesn't get talked about a lot but Mando has some really good fights for a TV show. There's still a few too many quick cuts for my taste but its definitely a step up from most shows.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

Alchenar posted:

This looks like such a little thing but it's the difference between fandom and actual artistry that the attitude of the guy making it is entirely 'we do the thing that gets the best performance out of you in this moment'. That's how you make a great show.

Big agree. Also fwiw, this has already happened before. Saw's eyes differed between Clone Wars and Rebels/Rogue One.

Basically one Whill remembered the eyes to be a different color when they recounted the tale. lol

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Also, the in suit body acting is mostly done by Brandon Wayne anyway.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Arcsquad12 posted:

Theres a lot of lovely fight choreography in Game of Thrones.
The one that really sticks out to me is the battle at the Tower of Joy. Arthur Dayne is the greatest swordsman ever, so of course he has two swords and he twirls them around constantly. I had thought that the dual-wielding fad was over.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Rinkles posted:

wonder what grogu's first words will be (had to google the name, already forgot the exact letters)

Grow Goo is a terrible name.

bou
Aug 3, 2006

So i took the list of recommended Clone Wars episodes and a similiar one for Rebels and dedicated most of my TV-Time for the last 2 weeks on watching Star Wars Cartoons. Now here are my impressions for your entertainment. Spoiler: I consider the invested time not as wasted.

- Clone Wars has very few highlights and failed to really drag me in. I think mostly because of using to many characters whose fate is too well known? I still don't care for any of the clones, except hunchback 99. I briefly got excited as an episode announced a squad of 99s - and was utterly disappointed as i was presented with a crew of supermutants.
- Darth Savage is the most horrible character ever.
- Night sisters and Ventris are cool.
- Season 1-3 MUST have sprung a meme of Obi-Wan saying "we need a distraction"
- Season 7 was absolutely fantastic though and singlehandedly made Ahsoka great.

Rebels from the start had a much more open setting and a sympathetic space-A-Team to root for. Ezras story-arc is better than anything in the sequel movies.
- Thrawn is a war criminal beyond redemption and should be executed on the spot (bombing civilians to get the technically already overwhelmed "terrorists" to capitulate??).
- what the gently caress are those hyperspace-megasquids?

Overall:
- Bo-Katan rules from second one. Now i'm looking even more forward to see more of her!
- In both series, the Mandalorian arcs were the best part. i like that they are too cool for that galactic war poo poo and they know it and just want to live by their way. And they have beautiful ships.
- the character i want to see added to the Mandalorian show the most would be Hondo and his piggy-buddy. They would also fit right in. And put one of those blowup-pigs on Mandos ship!
- For planets, i want to see more of the clonemakers water planet.

Hope you enjoyed reading my halfwit ramblings :tipshat:

Herostratus
May 1, 2013
So there's pretty decent evidence that the villain from last episode is a Nightsister:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGLQDI2xOmQ

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

bou posted:

Clone Wars stuff

A problem that Clone Wars has is that as it went on they started shifting towards more continuous storylines while earlier seasons would have arcs but these were still mostly standalones. I'll keep saying it but Clone Wars seriously drops the ball in developing relationships for Ahsoka outside of Anakin and Obi-Wan and it makes certain plots for her feel contrived.

Same goes for other characters. Fives literally only gets a character arc after every other member of Domino Squad is dead.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Herostratus posted:

So there's pretty decent evidence that the villain from last episode is a Nightsister:

Well poo poo. This makes a lot of sense, lol. Never even crossed my mind.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Honestly I would think at this point in filmmaking they'd just change eye color in post

its honestly easier and cheaper to just get some cheap colored contacts than pay a vfx artist at minimum several dozen hours of work to manually change eye colors in hours of footage

especially because its harder to forget to include the contacts since you would put them on at the beginning of each day of filming, vs a vfx artist could easily miss a few shots doing hours of tedious work like that

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
This entire time Mando has force powers but it’s because he kept a ysalamiri as a close pet.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol, Mando gonna sit on the mountain top and learn he has the Force too. The meltdown in this thread would be amazing.
:allears:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

bou posted:

I did. :allears:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Cartoon Man posted:

Lol, Mando gonna sit on the mountain top and learn he has the Force too. The meltdown in this thread would be amazing.
:allears:

yeah but mainly because they stole my entirely original do not copy high school fanfic character ok

especially if he turns evil then gets the darksaber because he had a black lightsaber too.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Herostratus posted:

I watched this all ready to poo poo on it, but...yeah that actually tracks.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Honestly I would think at this point in filmmaking they'd just change eye color in post

CGI vs. practical is basically a decision of "Where do I want most of the effort for this to be?" Colored contacts are a very simple and cheap solution, as long as the actor can wear them, so that's preferable unless you can't do it. Changing the eye color in post means you can let the actor see clearly without any potential irritation on set, but it'll cost way more money and post-production time because you have to do it by hand (there's still not a flawless solution for just letting software do it automatically).

This is also one of the benefits to the Volume set over green screen. The camera can just film everything "for real" with relatively little need for post-production work and the real time lighting can match the actors perfectly. Likewise, the Razor Crest cockpit (and the Falcon in Solo) uses a screen with the actual graphics on it rather than a green screen, which gives the actors something tangible to react to and provides real lighting from fire, hyperspace tunnels, or passing lasers on the interior.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/kingbackpackii/status/1333194574307749889?s=21

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

thrawn527 posted:

I watched this all ready to poo poo on it, but...yeah that actually tracks.

I like that the sequence of proof was:

"We have this, this, this and this from the Clone Wars, making it very likely. Also, someone working on the Mandalorian confirmed it on Instagram"

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Captain Splendid posted:

"We have this, this, this and this from the Clone Wars, making it very likely. Also, someone working on the Mandalorian confirmed it on Instagram"

Well sure, if you lead with that, why are we gonna watch the rest of the video?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Captain Splendid posted:

Yeah, exactly lol. Neat video though.

Two pet peeves of mine came up in it though, the name Vader was created way before he was actually Luke's father so I hate when people act like that was genius naming, and I hate the attitude of "well clearly the only way you can go toe to toe with a Jedi is if you also have the Force because Jedi are just sooo cool and powereful." gently caress off, man, maybe she's just that good at martial arts, you don't know.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

lol

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://www.cbr.com/mandalorian-ahsoka-tano-star-wars-timeline/

quote:

Filoni was asked where Ahsoka's post-time jump appearance in Star Wars Rebels fits in with her appearance in The Mandalorian. "I think the thing that people will most not understand is they want to go in a linear fashion, but as I learned as a kid, nothing in Star Wars really works in a linear fashion," he explained. "You do [Episodes] Four, Five and Six and then One, Two, and Three. So in the vein of that history, when you look at the epilogue of Rebels you don't really know how much time has passed. So, it's possible that the story I'm telling in The Mandalorian actually takes place prior to that. Possible. I'm saying it's possible."

Wouldn't that just get people riled up

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Epi Lepi posted:

Yeah, exactly lol. Neat video though.

Two pet peeves of mine came up in it though, the name Vader was created way before he was actually Luke's father so I hate when people act like that was genius naming, and I hate the attitude of "well clearly the only way you can go toe to toe with a Jedi is if you also have the Force because Jedi are just sooo cool and powereful." gently caress off, man, maybe she's just that good at martial arts, you don't know.

i have a question. can u just be good at martial arts and fight a jedi. ? they are well beyond normal humans in physicality and also posses literal psychokinesis. i have read 9999 star war books and it seems jedi power level fluctuates dependent on plot so i rule that this question is bull poo poo anmd cannot be answered. dave if you want to chime in feel free you are unmuted. thank you

but its fun to imagine... if mike tyson punched obi wan... would obi wan die/get owned, or would tysons hand break? hmm, makes you think. what if he was running force absorb? what if aayla secura fought the real life gina carano... who would win??? what if they were in a big pool of jello or mud? what if it was on video and i could watch it from my computer chair? these are all questions that we may neveer have answers to, but its a fun thought experiment.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Some of the concept art showed asohka with her Rebels epilogue getup so I think they may have played with the idea of when that epilogue took place

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
another question i have is what does a lekku feel like. does it feel like i think it might? is there a case when it gets slimy? when u sweat maybe? what if it could get really, really slimy? what would it sounds like when it was in this hyper-slimy state? do they smell? taste? consider these things. another thing i consider is what is faster: hyperspace, warp 9.9, or dropping into gridspace in the culture novels. another thought to consider is who is smarter: yoda, data, or a culture mind? im unsure of those questions but i would like to know some time. more research is required

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

I don't think so. Lothal had a major glow up by the final scene. It being 10 years since the Empire left versus 5 could make better sense.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
what sa subforums would anakin, palpatine, snips, obiwan,, windu, uh, sabine, the monster guy from shatterpoint, thrawn, and yoda post in? how about shak'ti? fives?? ??

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Smythe posted:

what sa subforums would anakin, palpatine, snips, obiwan,, windu, uh, sabine, the monster guy from shatterpoint, thrawn, and yoda post in? how about shak'ti? fives?? ??

anakin: GBS
palps: D&D
snips: PYF
obiwan: QCS
windu: TGRS lol racism joke idk book barn? seems like a real Book Head
sabine: pet island
monster guy: wrestle hut
thrawn: PHIZ
yoda: FYAD
shakti: W&W
fives: car forum

Smythe fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Nov 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god

Smythe posted:

another question i have is what does a lekku feel like. does it feel like i think it might? is there a case when it gets slimy? when u sweat maybe? what if it could get really, really slimy? what would it sounds like when it was in this hyper-slimy state? do they smell? taste? consider these things. another thing i consider is what is faster: hyperspace, warp 9.9, or dropping into gridspace in the culture novels. another thought to consider is who is smarter: yoda, data, or a culture mind? im unsure of those questions but i would like to know some time. more research is required

Culture Mind hands down. Yoda is not very smart, Data is too naïve. Minds are Machiavellian motherfuckers.