Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I bought 4 Superman trades during the Amazon sales and for the first time I had no damages from Amazon's shipping. Two even came in a bag!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zer0spunk posted:

Fantagraphics is having a 40% and free ship over 75 sale today for cyber monday. i pulled the trigger on 2 studio editions i wanted to add to my charles burns version. soooo... preeetttttyy happy :)

e: preorders don't count with the discount..but i added one anyway to my order to see if it'll ship free on release..also yet to see a studio version for more then 30% discount and i track prices on em. hard to beat the price right now.

Thanks for pointing that out. I grabbed a couple of Carl Barks books and a box set of EC stuff.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Any of the EC particularly worth getting? (I realize the answer is probably "they're all good")

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Random Stranger posted:

Thanks for pointing that out. I grabbed a couple of Carl Barks books and a box set of EC stuff.

I want like 90% of the books they publish, one of the coolest companies and nicest production on books around. I do hate they never reprint things, so many books I'd kill for but don't want to pay the piper

very excited for the hate box set i preordered on IST e: TOW (same company)...i uhhh, go a lil nuts for Bagge art, really dig his style. I'll take some pictures of all the Bagge things I picked up at some point and show y'all.

Rhyno posted:

I bought 4 Superman trades during the Amazon sales and for the first time I had no damages from Amazon's shipping. Two even came in a bag!

i'd play the lottery if i were you, keep that streak going

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Nov 30, 2020

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Endless Mike posted:

Any of the EC particularly worth getting? (I realize the answer is probably "they're all good")

My favorite stuff is the war stuff, but yeah, it’s all good.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
i went for the daniel clowes studio ed, and only now am realizing its even bigger than the rest of them..22 inches tall, jesus. this will be a flat-only-out-of-reach-of-anyone-on-a-high-shelf book haha.

i dont trust anyone with a 2ft tall book, picturing that turning into a 3 stooge routine quickly

find something that makes you as happy as this book makes ed piskor btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmiH1R0lph4

40% off that beast wasn't much of a decision

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 30, 2020

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zer0spunk posted:

I want like 90% of the books they publish, one of the coolest companies and nicest production on books around. I do hate they never reprint things, so many books I'd kill for but don't want to pay the piper

Definitely. There were a dozen other things in the sale I wanted, but you've got to draw the line somewhere. If someone wants to get me those early Hal Foster Prince Valiant box sets, I wouldn't complain...

I don't have any specific EC recommendations just because I haven't been getting the current books which organize by creator and theme rather than by comic. It made me pause when I went to get some EC stuff a couple of months ago but at $60 for a four book box set I didn't mind going for it. I got box set 5, FWIW, but anything with Joe Orlando is a good option.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Nov 30, 2020

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

zer0spunk posted:

I see it, I'd add it to your wishlist and be fast on that tuesday @ 3 pm est.

(only see the DM variant cover)

https://www.instocktrades.com/products/AUG150898/UNCANNY-X-MEN-OMNIBUS-HC-VOL-03-DM-VAR-SMITH-CVR

Thanks for the link! I STILL can't locate it by using their search bar for whatever reason so you just saved me a few bucks here. Again, thanks!

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Happy Hippo posted:

Thanks for the link! I STILL can't locate it by using their search bar for whatever reason so you just saved me a few bucks here. Again, thanks!

I think they hide books after it goes out of stock in the system when you search, but if you google instocktrades bookname you'll usually find the link to the book. It works if they restock a book exactly with the same variables, New PTG you can't exactly predict since it's going to be a new entry/isbn in theory, and (Res) seems to be a unique restock listing as far as I can tell. With the way they randomly restock omnis now it doesn't hurt to have those weird entries wishlisted so when they pop up you can be one of three people that gets one.

Also I figured out that each order link is its own element on the orders page, so you can block the number out as a hacky way of "hiding" already received orders. It'd be nice if they had that feature in the site but this works fine

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

zer0spunk posted:

I think they hide books after it goes out of stock in the system when you search, but if you google instocktrades bookname you'll usually find the link to the book. It works if they restock a book exactly with the same variables, New PTG you can't exactly predict since it's going to be a new entry/isbn in theory, and (Res) seems to be a unique restock listing as far as I can tell. With the way they randomly restock omnis now it doesn't hurt to have those weird entries wishlisted so when they pop up you can be one of three people that gets one.

Also I figured out that each order link is its own element on the orders page, so you can block the number out as a hacky way of "hiding" already received orders. It'd be nice if they had that feature in the site but this works fine

Yep, I googled it like you said and found the Opena cover which is the one I prefer! Again, thanks!

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
That scud omni, and both orders of hip hop family tree box 1 & 2 from different places got axed and refunded. womp wompppp. can't win them all.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

zer0spunk posted:

That scud omni, and both orders of hip hop family tree box 1 & 2 from different places got axed and refunded. womp wompppp. can't win them all.

weird, today i got dibs on the scud HC sealed "with dent"..waiting on pics but unless it's insane i'm going for it. that..worked itself out.

still no chance in hell of getting the hip hop boxes unless i wanna pay 300 each on ebay though...cmon reprint news..you know you wannnnnna Fantagraphics/ed piskor

speaking of FB, i rolled the dice on a used copy of caricature and it came with brodart..and the pages are perfect considering its from 98..shout out to whatever art student owned this book and did that

me opening the clowes book:

"ok is that..brodart...shiiiitttt i bought a library copy didnt i..wait waitttttt what!"

e: its a bumped corner, not amazing and not terrible either.. when do you get a chance to buy a sealed scud hardcover lmao. i went for it.

so far this one dude has posted fade out sealed, a day after i bought a used copy on ebay, and then again a sealed kill or be killed a day after i bought a used copy on reddit. i might as well just mail this guy my wallet, he clearly bought everything i would have bought 5-10 years ago had i not missed it all like a moron.

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Dec 8, 2020

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The Akira hardbound set seems to be out of stock everywhere. Was that actually limited or will there be more one day?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

The Akira hardbound set seems to be out of stock everywhere. Was that actually limited or will there be more one day?

It's been re-printed at least once. So maybe in the future? You can basically get the set without the box if you buy them individually.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

obi_ant posted:

It's been re-printed at least once. So maybe in the future? You can basically get the set without the box if you buy them individually.

Yeah, I think that's what I'll do. Hardcover would be nice, but it's not like I'm going to read all that in a week or a month or something where I'd need everything at once.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Restocked at least twice since 2017. They "found some more, last time this time you guys" so I'd wait it out if you want the set

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I don't know what Marvel's deal is with shipping omnis and HCs to mainland Europe, but something in their supply chain has been awry for years and they need to fix it. The Dan Slott She-Hulk omnibus was supposed to come out November 10, but the site I pre-ordered it from kept delaying the release date one week at a time. It's almost a month later and I still don't have it, and now it's no longer available to order anywhere, including the site I purchased it from. Some list the release date as December 30 still, but I don't know if I can trust that either.

I'm currently trying to get in touch with customer service, but I'll probably end up getting my money back. Shame, because I snatched the order when the book was on a deep discount.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

JordanKai posted:

I don't know what Marvel's deal is with shipping omnis and HCs to mainland Europe, but something in their supply chain has been awry for years and they need to fix it. The Dan Slott She-Hulk omnibus was supposed to come out November 10, but the site I pre-ordered it from kept delaying the release date one week at a time. It's almost a month later and I still don't have it, and now it's no longer available to order anywhere, including the site I purchased it from. Some list the release date as December 30 still, but I don't know if I can trust that either.

I'm currently trying to get in touch with customer service, but I'll probably end up getting my money back. Shame, because I snatched the order when the book was on a deep discount.

there was a price error where amazon sold that omni super cheap in eu land, that could be the stock issue

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Maybe a daft question, but is there a trade of the first 6 issues of Far Sector? I thought I'd give it a go but can't see it on Amazon or Forbidden Planet in the UK.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

frameset posted:

Maybe a daft question, but is there a trade of the first 6 issues of Far Sector? I thought I'd give it a go but can't see it on Amazon or Forbidden Planet in the UK.

Nothing announced yet. It's a 12-issue miniseries, so I suspect the whole thing will get collected in one volume, like King's Mister Miracle, Fraction's Jimmy Olsen, and Rucka's Lois Lane -- all "prestige projects."

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Ah that's be fine by me. I prefer hardcovers anyhow.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is getting a massive hardcover omnibus release and I'm all for it

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

frameset posted:

Ah that's be fine by me. I prefer hardcovers anyhow.

tough out there for trade fans (hardcovers 4life)

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

JordanKai posted:

Welp, I ended up getting a refund for this. On a book that, officially speaking, hasn't even been released yet. This was my most anticipated omni in years and now it's sold out everywhere, so I'm really upset! :rant:

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Dec 10, 2020

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Well poo poo. Instocktrades.com didn't have the New Mutants omni available this week like they were supposed to for some reason and now it's been deleted from their website altogether :negative:

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Diamond has the direct market variant listed as next week and the regular version the week after that. Check IST next Tuesday or the Tuesday after at around 3pm EST.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Happy Hippo posted:

Well poo poo. Instocktrades.com didn't have the New Mutants omni available this week like they were supposed to for some reason and now it's been deleted from their website altogether :negative:

Don't worry, New Mutants omnibus was pushed back a week. So 12/15.

As for it not being on the website, if it's not in-stock and you don't have a direct link to it, searching won't yield any results. Their site is weird.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

obi_ant posted:

Don't worry, New Mutants omnibus was pushed back a week. So 12/15.

As for it not being on the website, if it's not in-stock and you don't have a direct link to it, searching won't yield any results. Their site is weird.

Thanks!

edit; Okay, now I'm reading that the DM variant cover edition with the cover by Bob McLeod will be released on 12/16 while the standard cover edition with awesome Bill Sienkiewicz art won't be available until 12/23

Happy Hippo fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Dec 10, 2020

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Happy Hippo posted:

with awesome Bill Sienkiewicz art

the only correct choice :smug:

i bought my first 9.8 cgc slab cuz i guess i hate myself and having money, and it's elektra assassin #1

love me some bill

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

So let's say, hypothetically, that I was planning on biting the bullet and buying all the Chris Claremont X-Men omnibuses. If I buy volumes 1-4 and 1-2 of the Jim Lee X-Men books, would I need to buy any of the more specific omnibuses like Dark Phoenix Saga, or is stuff like that included in the main ones?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

JordanKai posted:

So let's say, hypothetically, that I was planning on biting the bullet and buying all the Chris Claremont X-Men omnibuses. If I buy volumes 1-4 and 1-2 of the Jim Lee X-Men books, would I need to buy any of the more specific omnibuses like Dark Phoenix Saga, or is stuff like that included in the main ones?

The main ones have his whole run, minus a gap between the end of 4 and the Mutant Massacre omnibus that will probably be covered by a future fifth volume. To get the whole run minus that gap, you also need the Mutant Massacre, Fall of the Mutants, and Inferno omnibuses. Inferno ends right where the first Jim Lee one starts.

It’s possible that they’ll eventually redo those three crossover ones in a way that just gives you the X-Men issues, as Fall of the Mutants and Mutant Massacre are out of print.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

The main ones have his whole run, minus a gap between the end of 4 and the Mutant Massacre omnibus that will probably be covered by a future fifth volume. To get the whole run minus that gap, you also need the Mutant Massacre, Fall of the Mutants, and Inferno omnibuses. Inferno ends right where the first Jim Lee one starts.

It’s possible that they’ll eventually redo those three crossover ones in a way that just gives you the X-Men issues, as Fall of the Mutants and Mutant Massacre are out of print.

Cheers!

e: I got my refund for the She-Hulk omnibus and managed to snag a fairly cheap copy elsewhere. All's well that ends well!

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Dec 11, 2020

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm really out of touch with the last 3 years worth of published stories so i started looking at trades and so much poo poo is already out of print. So frustrating.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Rhyno posted:

I'm really out of touch with the last 3 years worth of published stories so i started looking at trades and so much poo poo is already out of print. So frustrating.

Tell me about it. I'm trying to catch up on Usagi Yojimbo and the three volumes or so between where I am the stuff in print only have copies for $70+. I found a used copy of one of them (the next one I needed) at a local store's half off sale where it was marked $8, so that was great. It's incredibly frustrating to try to catch up on books now...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Random Stranger posted:

Tell me about it. I'm trying to catch up on Usagi Yojimbo and the three volumes or so between where I am the stuff in print only have copies for $70+. I found a used copy of one of them (the next one I needed) at a local store's half off sale where it was marked $8, so that was great. It's incredibly frustrating to try to catch up on books now...

What are you missing? I have a random Usagi HC in my sales pile.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Rhyno posted:

What are you missing? I have a random Usagi HC in my sales pile.

Dark Horse softcovers 29, 30, 31, and 32 (I had to go back and check to make sure those were what I was missing).

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
i picked up the standard hc of "alien: the original screenplay"..i dig it. i also liked when they did it for star wars and that first draft a long time ago, so maybe i'm the only one buying these

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

I got Sandman Deluxe vol. 1 in the mail today and I'm aghast. The Audible sticker on the cover is actually printed on the dust jacket. It looks so ugly!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That is super lovely.

I remember I bought some Hellblazer trades off Amazon waaaaay back, like my first Amazon purchase. And they had NOW A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE stickers welded to the covers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

JordanKai posted:

I got Sandman Deluxe vol. 1 in the mail today and I'm aghast. The Audible sticker on the cover is actually printed on the dust jacket. It looks so ugly!

Yeah that was a source of contention when it came out. I think the audible thing is a travesty to the point where I'd avoid the release, other people didn't care since it's just the dj

Super lame DC