Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hawley-Smoot Tariff posted:

Is this the first Wednesday NFL game (assuming this one is not postponed)?

Cowboys/Giants 2012 season opener was the first one I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Hawley-Smoot Tariff posted:

Is this the first Wednesday NFL game (assuming this one is not postponed)?

i'm not paying for the pfr search subscription, so there are fewer than <10 games that have been played on a wednesday

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

What happens to the game checks if the game is cancelled?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SKULL.GIF posted:

What happens to the game checks if the game is cancelled?

No game checks I believe? This has come up now and then as a reason the players still want to play despite...everything.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Guys I'm digging my head into the sand as far as I can go and the COVID-19 tests keep coming back positive! I cannot delay this Ravens / Steelers game any longer! Please advise what I should do next.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

hifi posted:

i'm not paying for the pfr search subscription, so there are fewer than <10 games that have been played on a wednesday

https://www.profootballhof.com/football-history/infographic-nfl-on-wednesday/ there have been some!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kirios posted:

Guys I'm digging my head into the sand as far as I can go and the COVID-19 tests keep coming back positive! I cannot delay this Ravens / Steelers game any longer! Please advise what I should do next.

Push it back....one more day.

That should fix it

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Kirios posted:

Have you tried hoping really, really hard that COVID will just magically go away?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Spoeank posted:

New NFL plan for Steelers-Ravens: they will use the hadron collider to create a tear in the fabric of space. The Steelers and Ravens will quarantine in Earth B for two weeks, play, then transmit the results of the game back to Earth A before the singularity collapses

lol

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Kirios posted:

Let it go
Let it go
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go
Let it go
Though their throats are raw and sore
And I don't care what the players say
Let the game go on!
The Covid never bothered me anyway.

*Roger Goodell spinning around in a Disney princess dress*

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I'm confused why Ravens/Steelers is triple-postponed but the Broncos were told "lol go gently caress yourselves."

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I'm confused why Ravens/Steelers is triple-postponed but the Broncos were told "lol go gently caress yourselves."

Sports radio is pushing a rumor Harbaugh went to Bisciotti and they concocted this supposed wildcat strike idea in order to buy time for more players to come off the list

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Supposedly none of the quarterbacks would have been available even by Wednesday by the rules they selectively follow I think? I mean, obviously it's because no one really cares about the 2020 Broncos, but that's the line.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Because the NFL is petty and arbitrary as possible when assigning punishments.

Also if the Steelers were 9-1 the game wouldn’t be as important as a 10-0 team’s game is.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

It was only the QBs and not a team wide outbreak.

Also no one cares about the 2020 Broncos

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1333544444629569545?s=19

When you're a meritocracy

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Sorry there are good basketball games on Wednesday NFL no one is going to watch your poo poo show without Lamar.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Elephanthead posted:

Sorry there are good basketball games on Wednesday NFL no one is going to watch your poo poo show without Lamar.

Tons of people will

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

The official reason is that the Ravens are an uncontrolled outbreak that risks further infections, and the Bronco's potential infections were contained to the QBs. Also no one cares about the 2020 Denver Broncos.

Elephanthead posted:

What the gently caress is basketball?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Patrick Spens posted:

I hear Jimmy Graham played it, let’s ask him.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Wonder how much of the Broncos being strong armed into playing was them having no owner right now.

I don’t think Biscotti is in the top echelon of owner hierarchy but he’s certainly not as weak as the ghost of Pat Bowlen.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

I hear Jimmy Graham played it, let’s ask him.

You hosed up the Antonio Gates joke

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1333551598606438400?s=21

lol

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Just cancel the drat thing.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

what the gently caress lol

I'll be working when that poo poo starts.

JK it gonna get postponed again

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

fartknocker posted:

what the gently caress lol

I'll be working when that poo poo starts.

JK it gonna get postponed again

Make it a doubleheader like baseball. Ravens play once at 12, then again at 6 for week 13.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
What the gently caress is slotted for prime time on Wednesday that an NFL game didn’t get priority?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What the gently caress is slotted for prime time on Wednesday that an NFL game didn’t get priority?

the tree lighting

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The broncos were made to play because they were just without a QB. The ravens are struggling to fill a gameday roster.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1333554065536638976?s=21

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Now this is very important. Do they mean 3:40pm EST?

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Patrick Spens posted:

The official reason is that the Ravens are an uncontrolled outbreak that risks further infections, and the Bronco's potential infections were contained to the QBs. Also no one cares about the 2020 Denver Broncos.

i think its what all the kickers are good at???

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

soggybagel posted:

Now this is very important. Do they mean 3:40pm EST?

looks like it, per espn's schedule

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

i've lost track

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1333555183478054913

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
So they didn’t even move the game a full day and they think that will fix it

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1333556931236163584?s=19

Words fail me

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

As someone who loves Christmas I’ll defend this.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Imagine being the NFL and loving up so bad you lose out to this loving thing

https://youtu.be/mIHKx0FvGDk

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
The tree lighting, lmao come on man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

To be fair, that game isn’t going to happen as scheduled.