Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

ItohRespectArmy posted:

andy nemmeity said "actually shanna isn't islamophobic she's just worried about terrorist attacks in france!" and then doubled down and said despite being "far left" he was supportive of border controls to stop terrorism.

pretty sure most of his backpedalling is on there.

Oh gross, I heard about that but didn't realize he was part of that site. That really sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

StarkRavingMad posted:

I'm hoping Luther is smart enough to keep it to Art Bell out there stuff like UFOs and bigfoot and not get into "is COVID a hoax" or anything politically charged.

He's gonna swerve us and go in the opposite end and get really into Operation Gladio and post-war Italian politics.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

luther is actually brace from true anon he's been working us this whole time.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

WrestleGrief

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

ItohRespectArmy posted:

luther is actually brace from true anon he's been working us this whole time.

"The Original Pisspig! Kurdish Sniper Legend Brace Belden"

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Toxic positivity is a really good way of wording it. He was one of my mutuals on twitter for a long time but you shouldn't have to have your staff tell you "holy poo poo man just log off." Don't call it a learning experience or a growth opportunity or whatever corporate synergistic bullshit white people use to cover their gently caress ups. Own to being wrong, listen to the POCs who reach out to you and be a better person.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

As someone who followed Coast to Coast throughout the 90s, and even getting a call or two on air, then falling off after Art died and tuning in recently I was so sad to see that Noory was a Trump supporting moron.

Trump poo poo ruined conspiracy discourse. Luther’s show could be good.

Tbf art was a trump supporting moron too before he died. It was depressing to see. Like I never agreed with him politically but he was really into trump.

Also agreed about conspiracy discourse being ruined.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I think it was Michael Moore that said there were people that went so rabid for Trump because he was a giant gently caress you to the politicians that haven't done anything but enrich themselves for them in decades.

I could see Art being one of those guys.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I think it was Michael Moore that said there were people that went so rabid for Trump because he was a giant gently caress you to the politicians that haven't done anything but enrich themselves for them in decades.

I could see Art being one of those guys.

Art Bell was a libertarian survivalist type who softened over the years and was warmish to Obama because he was a different kind of politician so I am not at all surprised he was into Trump before he died. He was a loving weird guy.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/WCWdeepcuts/status/1333416699043983360?s=19

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao this is amazing

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Nyyy-a-ha-ha-ha!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Skeletor is nWo 4 life

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
People might wonder why I don't watch much current wrestling or even care much about keeping up with it, but why should I when WCW is the gift that keeps on giving?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/thunderrosa22/status/1333785255988387840?s=20

Welp, Thunder Rosa was always bad folks

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

was hoping she was one of the woke catholics

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

welp is such a lame word

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I don't feel like googling it why is the salvation army bad

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'll explain it like you're five. they tell people that an angel will kiss them In return for a donation to the cause, but they don't allow lgbtq+ kissing between the angel and person. and the cause is To keep making sure that it can't happen

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't feel like googling it why is the salvation army bad

Homophobic

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bummer

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Salvation Army stores take in donated clothing and toys and stuff and then sell it at ridiculous prices rather than, you know, just giving it to poor people.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

I don't think Thunder Rosa is aware of the very bad things about the Salvation Army and, like most normal people living in the world, probably thinks "charity = good" but no excuses it's time to send her to the jail for impurity.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wow yeah I’m sure thunder Rosa cares about all that stuff

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

yeah it's kind of ridiculous to assume literally everyone is Extremely Online enough to know poo poo like this. I wouldn't have known how loving lame the Salvation Army was unless I was on Twitter/the innernet constantly

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Salvation Army actively lobbies against pro-LGBTQ+ legislation. I wouldn't expect Rosa to know that though as clearly lots of people in this thread don't either

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Yeah, the bad things about the Salvos aren't that widely known in my experience. A lot of people donate/volunteer because that's what their family did

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The Salvation Army is one of the best cons ever run and wrestlers are all marks. I'm not very surprised at all.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Sorry, we have to assume the worst about every wrestler. Those are the rules

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Sorry, we have to assume the worst about every wrestler. Those are the rules

fair

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Welp, could not possibly care less.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what if we start saying Belp

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

tao of lmao posted:

Belp, could not possibly care less.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Belp’s got a nice ring to it.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I prefer Skrelp, it's a good pokemon

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Personally I think if you're going to make a thing of your visible support for a charity you should at least have a quick check on whether they fundamentally oppose your stated moral beliefs but that's me.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

njsykora posted:

Personally I think if you're going to make a thing of your visible support for a charity you should at least have a quick check on whether they fundamentally oppose your stated moral beliefs but that's me.

Alternatively, who cares

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Jelq, Thunder Rosa was always bad folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004