Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Chula Vista (/ˌtʃuːlə ˈvɪstə/; Spanish for '"beautiful view"')[11][12][a] is the second largest city in the San Diego metropolitan area, the seventh largest city in Southern California, the fifteenth largest city in the state of California, and the 75th-largest city in the United States. The population was 243,916 as of the 2010 census,[9] and the estimated population as of 2019 is 274,492

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
every1 thinks they already had covid cuz they drank too much beer or ate too much chocolate and had tummy troubles

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
There was a genetic study back in May that showed covid-19 had been in France since the last week of November or first week of December 2019.

It just didn't have the foothold it has now.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So here in RI all our hospitals are maxed out so they opened up field hospitals. What they aren’t saying publicly but has been communicated to emergency services and medical personnel is that the people who get sent to a field hospital are considered terminal. Literal plague pits where the ill will be sent to die because we simply cannot handle anymore :laffo:

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
I don't have facebook and wanted to torture myself some so I went to linkedin and the stuff there is amazingly dreadful, apparently CCP has a mini game in EVE Online where you like, I guess analyze some cell groups like in a planetary interaction type thing?

https://www.pcgamer.com/eve-online-players-can-help-scientists-understand-the-coronavirus/

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

facetoucher cat posted:

I've had that happen to me before. I physically went to the CVS while having my asthma attack and told the pharmacist they could give me the medicine I was taking or my death would be on their hands. They not only filled it but gave me a coupon so the cost was $10 instead of $80. Was a little dramatic of me but come TF on

Unfortunately, there wasn't time to do that.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So here in RI all our hospitals are maxed out so they opened up field hospitals. What they aren’t saying out loud is that the people who get sent to a field hospital are considered terminal. Literal plague pits where the ill will be sent to die because we simply cannot handle anymore :laffo:

only expect the best from my home state and one that birthed hp lovecraft

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

facetoucher cat posted:

"PROP UP THE SMALL BUSINESSES LIKE THE 10 AXE THROWING COMPANIES THAT POPPED UP WITHIN 30 MILES OF EACH OTHER! WE'VE GOT TO SAVE THESE PEOPLE FROM THEIR BAD DECISIONS BC THEY'RE A CORPORATION AND THAT MEANS THEY'RE PEOPLE AND BECAUSE THEY MAKE NUMBER GO UP THEY'RE WORTH MORE THAN YOU AND YOUR NON-AXE THROWING COMPANY OWNING SELF!"

e: pink catte

facetoucher cat posted:

found a way to keep my cat occupied while I work

before this it was back and forth with the headbutting and cat rear end in my face

awwww

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So here in RI all our hospitals are maxed out so they opened up field hospitals. What they aren’t saying publicly but has been communicated to emergency services and medical personnel is that the people who get sent to a field hospital are considered terminal. Literal plague pits where the ill will be sent to die because we simply cannot handle anymore :laffo:

drat, i remember a few months ago when ppl were like "the north east doesn't seem so bad!'

:coronatoot:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

facetoucher cat posted:

I don't have facebook and wanted to torture myself some so I went to linkedin and the stuff there is amazingly dreadful, apparently CCP has a mini game in EVE Online where you like, I guess analyze some cell groups like in a planetary interaction type thing?

https://www.pcgamer.com/eve-online-players-can-help-scientists-understand-the-coronavirus/

Oh neat. They did something like this in Borderlands 3, and the scientists said players did about 10 years' worth of work in a month.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/borderlands-3/science-minigame

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Yeah just double checked, but covid was in Italy in September 2019.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/coronavirus-italy-anitbodies-covid-study-b1723243.html

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Iron Crowned posted:

Unfortunately, there wasn't time to do that.

I hate the health care industry in the US. It feels like criminalization of illness where they want to make you pay in more ways than one. I hope they don't have any issues going forward. I know I'm looking to pick up one of those tanks of O2 from REI that the mountain climbers use

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1333791316254179329?s=20

lmao

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

PostNouveau posted:

Oh neat. They did something like this in Borderlands 3, and the scientists said players did about 10 years' worth of work in a month.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/borderlands-3/science-minigame

that's pretty neat!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

We also had this happen in July 2019: https://abcnews.go.com/US/respiratory-outbreak-investigated-retirement-community-54-residents-fall/story?id=64275865

It was never determined what caused this, but an avian flu was suspected

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

fits my needs posted:

every1 thinks they already had covid cuz they drank too much beer or ate too much chocolate and had tummy troubles

yeah those "Covid here earlier than we thought!" articles are straight up dangerous because they make people think they might be immune when they aren't.

look at how easily this shot spreads and how it fills up hospitals. if it were here in December it was only in super isolated little pockets and the odds are insanely remote that any particular person in this thread was part of one.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Cardi-omyopathy B

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

I had COVID back in aught six, I tells ya

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Shifty Pony posted:

yeah those "Covid here earlier than we thought!" articles are straight up dangerous because they make people think they might be immune when they aren't.

I still don't think this regardless because even if I did get it, still enough time has passed that I'd be vulnerable to reinfection based on our understanding of 3 to 6 months of immunity

and I don't actually wish or want to have gotten it, both because I know I can still catch it again, and because I'm terrified of having shaved off a decade off my life expectancy

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Everytime i read "mayor garcetti" I picture littlefinger from his role in the wire

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I mean wasn't that obvious from when they announced a 1:25 nurse:patient ratio? that's not even "we'll probably be able to wheel your body out within a few hours of you dying" levels.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

gradenko_2000 posted:

my wife had flu-like symptoms that roughly match a mild case of COVID when she took a vacation with her family in Qatar in mid-December 2019, and all the information coming out about how COVID might not have originated in China and was spreading far earlier than we originally thought makes me wonder

I also had "the flu" on January 2nd, except I don't think that was it because it was gone in like 24 hours and it was only a bad fever and fatigue and none of the difficulty breathing nor the loss of taste/smell

yea my spouse was mega sick with bronchitis in early January after a trip to Germany and still brings up I was nonchalant then but took things real seriously later. she’ll never let me live it down if she did have COVID then

and tons of coworkers sick in Chicago mid feb. I just can’t see it though unless it was a weak non deadly strain that we all got early. look how bad the real strain hit nyc ; how would it make sense for no deaths in January and feb with it circulating uncontrolled

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

facetoucher cat posted:

I hate the health care industry in the US. It feels like criminalization of illness where they want to make you pay in more ways than one. I hope they don't have any issues going forward. I know I'm looking to pick up one of those tanks of O2 from REI that the mountain climbers use

:agreed:

We definitely make sure there's an inhaler around, and all the bruises and broken ribs have healed, so she's good for now.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

facetoucher cat posted:

only expect the best from my home state and one that birthed hp lovecraft

Hey, at least they’re being honest and there’s really nothing else that can be done. The private healthcare companies in our state have congealed into a horrifying monolith that has shuttered every smaller hospital that isn’t a major hub, the majority of jobs are retail and medical with no relief coming from the federal government to keep people home, and we have a lot of right wing idiots in this state who have purposely gone out of their way to disobey restrictions. It was either the field hospital plague pits or skipping the middleman and tossing the ill directly into the sea

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Dr. VooDoo posted:

what the hell else can we do at this point? we lost control long ago and they have to at least try to save some people

triage is just the sad, cruel reality of our failure to contain this

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/mdanielaaa_/status/1333160738265976834

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
worldometers is still using cases per 1 million people even though most countries are now in a range where they could be using percentages. there are 4.2 cases per 100 americans, lol, what an absolute garbage fire of a country

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

facetoucher cat posted:

lol I showed this to dr fauxton and was like "idk they're probably really simplifying it so it's marginally better than robots but still beneficial because it's faster overall" and she was like "no that's pretty much what analyzing flow cytometry is" so :toot: research number go up

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Hey, at least they’re being honest and there’s really nothing else that can be done. The private healthcare companies in our state have congealed into a horrifying monolith that has shuttered every smaller hospital that isn’t a major hub, the majority of jobs are retail and medical with no relief coming from the federal government to keep people home, and we have a lot of right wing idiots in this state who have purposely gone out of their way to disobey restrictions. It was either the field hospital plague pits or skipping the middleman and tossing the ill directly into the sea

Just keep making autocrat and eclipse coffee syrup and it will all work out

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

snoo posted:

can I unsubscribe from the valpack and the safeway ad that isn't even near me and the arby's coupons thanks

you actually can unsubscribe from those, I used to get those coupon packets in the mail and there should be a company name on it that sends them out - I just went to their website and opted out

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

FAUXTON posted:

lol I showed this to dr fauxton and was like "idk they're probably really simplifying it so it's marginally better than robots but still beneficial because it's faster overall" and she was like "no that's pretty much what analyzing flow cytometry is" so :toot: research number go up

I remember when I was there we did some other science thing, can't for the life of me remember what it was. Apparently it made some big discovery. Going to have to look it up. Pretty cool it's not just poo poo like running SETI at Home on my p90

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

https://twitter.com/cons_owned/status/1333448875894562817?s=20

twoday
May 4, 2005

I heard that if you fart and sneeze at the same time while infected with COVID-19 that your brains shoot out of your nose and your lungs fly out of your butt

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

twoday posted:

I heard that if you fart and sneeze at the same time while infected with COVID-19 that your brains shoot out of your nose and your lungs fly out of your butt

That's right

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1333785451774111748?s=9

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

twoday posted:

They're turning into turtles

https://critter.science/the-butt-breathing-fitzroy-river-turtle/

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1333777642064146432?s=20

https://twitter.com/NOLAnews/status/1333782036339974144?s=20

https://twitter.com/mateagold/status/1333784833919758336?s=20

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

facetoucher cat posted:

Just keep making autocrat and eclipse coffee syrup and it will all work out

With my final COVID breathes remove my ventilator tube and put a gagger with coffee milk in my mouth so I can die like a real Rhode Islander

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
teacher sent out a "friendly reminder" today that kids should not be eating during instruction time

lol gently caress all the way off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

This is why we have the horny police online now