Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Bottom Liner posted:

you're clearly a much less funny person

they probably don't even live in New York :lofty:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/LuxAlptraum/status/1333574694512058369

https://twitter.com/BoyslnBIue/status/1333645477569585152

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Sunswipe posted:

What's the joke supposed to be?

Kath thinks she is funny because she can do comedy podcasts and doesn't have to work a real job

...because her family is fucken loaded

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

This is from a while back, so I am sorry to bring it up again.

But is there a difference between what people in New York call a bodega, and what Australians call a Milk Bar? (I think they're called a Dairy in NZ).

i.e. Just a suburban corner store.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

BrigadierSensible posted:

But is there a difference between what people in New York call a bodega, and what Australians call a Milk Bar? (I think they're called a Dairy in NZ).

Realistically, no, same thing.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Regional snacks and offerings aside, the only difference in my mind is if they have gas or not.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

oof

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

grittyreboot posted:

New York would be so cool if New Yorkers loving transplants didn't live there

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

sassassin posted:

My understanding from the internet is that bodegas have cats.

Here's a Scottish supermarket cat for everyone.
Hadn't seen him in ages, but the cold has brought him back. He's very friendly.
Looks smug as all the dogs are outside.
Tesco cat.

YerDa Zabam has a new favorite as of 12:40 on Dec 1, 2020

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

I too am generally confused by the concept of population density

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

And yet when I’m driving about in Manhattan I am utterly flummoxed by the lack of gas stations. HOW CAN THIS BE

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
It’s a NEW YORK thing. You wouldn’t understand :smug:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
This is a long long read: 2 years ago the U.K.’s second largest airport was shut down few days before Christmas because people saw “drones” flying over it, mass panic, arrests and whatnot but the “drones” never came back - the theory is that there was no original drone and what most people saw were police drones looking for a non-existent one.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/dec/01/the-mystery-of-the-gatwick-drone

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Don’t feel like linking to the original thread (it’s terrible but also something we see every three months) but I’m glad it led to this

https://twitter.com/generalslug/status/1333762582814093315?s=21

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

https://twitter.com/BillyWayneDavis/status/1333787785249972225?s=20

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Billy Wayne Davis is a hell of a name

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Henchman of Santa posted:

Don’t feel like linking to the original thread (it’s terrible but also something we see every three months) but I’m glad it led to this

Knowing the original thread this meltdown is incredible. Dude is white knighting so hard

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

I loving wish all my grocery stores had fat tabby cats just chilling.

Best part of my visits to Peter Luger was always meeting all the bodega cats on the way there.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Traditional capirotes, a Spanish-and-colonies tradition that is far older than the Klan. You'll note that the writeup is in Spanish.

Powered Descent posted:

I don't see what difference it makes which hand you use. :confused: You can look back, or fling the door open blindly, using any hand you like.
The Dutch grip rotates your body so that you are already facing backward as you open the door. It points your eyes in the right direction.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

hawowanlawow posted:

Billy Wayne Davis is a hell of a name

He sounds exactly how his name would suggest. He's hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8ShD0RzOsU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Scratch Monkey posted:

He sounds exactly how his name would suggest. He's hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8ShD0RzOsU

His appearances on Behind the Bastards are always good

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

teen witch posted:

No True ScotsmanNew Yorker

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

His appearances on Behind the Bastards are always good

He's easily my favorite guest. If anyone is going to try and find an episode with him in it, try this episode. It's going to be dated, (they are talking about Joe Exotic, which feels like 100 years ago) but it's Billy Wayne (from Tennessee) and Robert Evans (from the Texas panhandle I think) talking about the weird poo poo they grew up around.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I'd go so far to say that Billy Wayne is practically the only good guest. Prop is good but more insightful than funny so I can't marathon his episodes because the subject matter will make you angry without any laughs to assuage it.

Also yeah I know Billy Wayne Davis has talked about keeping his southern rear end name and accent when most of the non-chuds of us try to unlearn/hide it because we're not comedians and don't want to be stereotyped as racist hicks.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Jamie Loftus is fun, and Cody Johnston/Katy Stoll are good on the episodes where they read Ben Shapiro's racist novel.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

This person clearly has never been to a suburb. Houses for miles in all directions.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Henchman of Santa posted:

I can't wait until that first tweet gets copypastaed. Like (lazy example):

quote:

You disgusting worms, I can play on TWELVE DIFFERENT SYSTEMS. I have a MA in Playing and a doctorate in Video Games...

... and EVEN I think that NES games are poo poo for modern kids.

You're not on my level, trust me. So take a MOTHERFUCKING SEAT & leave my people alone.

(That said, he's making a reasonable point in his thread, and the person he was responding to was smug and obnoxious, but it's still a hell of a meltdown.)

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Dear Prudence posted:

This person clearly has never been to a suburb. Houses for miles in all directions.

I don't think a studio in North Hollywood is located in that style of suburb

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

BrigadierSensible posted:

The only difference is population density. Built up urban areas are going to have more stores in a smaller area than suburban areas and apparently this is very confusing and alien to her.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Bro_Pair/status/1333822923199528962

Disliking Wall Street is now an antisemitic dogwhistle

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Not worth linking because he’s a transphobic little poo poo but I’m currently arguing with a kid who does not know that a mare is a horse.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Katy Stoll is so routinely dumb I sometimes have to sit out an episode on her account.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It’s amazing how all this could’ve been avoided if the original tweet just mentioned a drat cat.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

learnincurve posted:

Not worth linking because he’s a transphobic little poo poo but I’m currently arguing with a kid who does not know that a mare is a horse.

...What does he think a mare is?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I still don't get what the point of the original tweet was. A joke about the poster pretending not to know that places outside NY have shops? A joke about the wide array of stuff on sale at a bodega? I don't know what the joke is, I don't know why people are getting worked up about it. Did she kill a puppy while typing it out?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Soysaucebeast posted:

Large body of salt water :v:

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Soysaucebeast posted:

A large basaltic plain on the moon once thought to be an ocean.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I'd go so far to say that Billy Wayne is practically the only good guest. Prop is good but more insightful than funny so I can't marathon his episodes because the subject matter will make you angry without any laughs to assuage it.

Also yeah I know Billy Wayne Davis has talked about keeping his southern rear end name and accent when most of the non-chuds of us try to unlearn/hide it because we're not comedians and don't want to be stereotyped as racist hicks.

Reminds me I need to work on my "these colors don't run" rainbow flag jacket some more. gently caress racists and their attempts to claim squatters rights on everything about this place; I'll talk how I wanna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Sunswipe posted:

I still don't get what the point of the original tweet was. A joke about the poster pretending not to know that places outside NY have shops? A joke about the wide array of stuff on sale at a bodega? I don't know what the joke is, I don't know why people are getting worked up about it. Did she kill a puppy while typing it out?

She thought it was somehow a unique New York experience to be able to buy three unrelated products from the same store.