Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
fedit wrong thread

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Dec 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

https://twitter.com/EddyPLionsFan/status/1301734564260315138

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/EddyPLionsFan/status/1333600717660057600

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

burner twitter accounts and the "investigators" that uncover them are the funniest overall thing to come from social media

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
drat you Bob Quinn for calling 5 yard curl routes on 3rd and 16 and turning the entire team against you by being a total locker room cancer!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Wentz is the first QB since 1984 to have 15 picks while being sacked 45 times through 11 games.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Does wentz still lead the league in ints, sacks, and fumbles?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

Does wentz still lead the league in ints, sacks, and fumbles?

Carr took the fumble lead, unfortunately

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
These things are only true because Jameis is no longer a starter

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Joey Freshwater posted:

These things are only true because Jameis is no longer a starter

Jameis threw a fuckton of ints because he was a gunslinger who couldn't see. He's actually looked decent to good when he was on the field for the saints this year, but he was signed explicitly to be a backup in case poo poo goes sideways, and Taysom is able to keep things in order. Since he's the QB of the future, it makes sense for him to get time on the field. If he got hurt, though, Winston would come in and the Saints offense would probably pick up a bit.

Wentz is just bad.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

Jameis threw a fuckton of ints because he was a gunslinger who couldn't see. He's actually looked decent to good when he was on the field for the saints this year, but he was signed explicitly to be a backup in case poo poo goes sideways, and Taysom is able to keep things in order. Since he's the QB of the future, it makes sense for him to get time on the field. If he got hurt, though, Winston would come in and the Saints offense would probably pick up a bit.

Wentz is just bad.

In a two game span last year he threw seven interceptions and fumbled five times, and a total of over 40 turnovers by himself last year.

I was making a joke for this reason but don’t delude yourself into thinking that Jameis is anything approaching good.

He has flashes where he does something good but will always, always gently caress it up.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Joey Freshwater posted:

In a two game span last year he threw seven interceptions and fumbled five times, and a total of over 40 turnovers by himself last year.

I was making a joke for this reason but don’t delude yourself into thinking that Jameis is anything approaching good.

He has flashes where he does something good but will always, always gently caress it up.

Yes, Winston threw 30 ints, had 47 sacks, and 12 fumbles in 2019. He also threw for 5100 yards and 33 TDs.

Wentz, this year, is on pace for 3465 yards, 22 TDs, 21 ints, and 14 fumbles.

If Jameis was the eagles starting QB, they'd have a much better W/L record this year. I'm not saying that he's good - but he's significantly better than Wentz and a number of starters out there right now.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Everyone knows that the worst QB in the league instantly becomes a hall of famer once they start riding the bench.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Nah, and please don't think I'm saying Jameis is the second coming. He isn't. He's a significantly better QB than Carson Wentz, though.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

Nah, and please don't think I'm saying Jameis is the second coming. He isn't. He's a significantly better QB than Carson Wentz, though.

The amount he's better will not get you into the playoffs, only potentially worsen your position in the draft. You're asking to upgrade to a poo poo sandwich from a poo poo sandwich with undigested corn nuggets. It's an improvement, but not one worth spending anything of value on, to include a roster slot.

Plus, your upgrade comes with sex crimes and other dodgy off the field issues.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

A.o.D. posted:

The amount he's better will not get you into the playoffs, only potentially worsen your position in the draft. You're asking to upgrade to a poo poo sandwich from a poo poo sandwich with undigested corn nuggets. It's an improvement, but not one worth spending anything of value on, to include a roster slot.

Plus, your upgrade comes with sex crimes and other dodgy off the field issues.

The eagles would be in the lead in the division with another win. Winston in place of Wentz this season would have absolutely netted the eagles a playoff spot. Almost any QB on the eagles would have done the same. Wentz is really loving bad.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

if not for everything else about him, i'd take winston of bridgewater

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

A.o.D. posted:

The amount he's better will not get you into the playoffs, only potentially worsen your position in the draft.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
To be fair I'm willing to admit that I probably hate Jameis more than the average person and that might be clouding my judgement but I don't want him near my team ever again.

It's enough to the point that I'm more than happy to have Brady on my team instead.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

FizFashizzle posted:

if not for everything else about him, i'd take winston of bridgewater

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Perfect.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Stanford is uncoachable

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Bob Quinn was the one that always left giant dumps in the second stall from the right. patricia made sure to flush every time.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

It is just as well that you have that fraudulent division to help your fraudulent point.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean division winning gets you in the playoffs fraud or not.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

A.o.D. posted:

It is just as well that you have that fraudulent division to help your fraudulent point.

What you're forgetting is Jameis got lasik.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

sourdough posted:

What you're forgetting is Jameis got lasik.

You're just lucky that sourdough is really good.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

A.o.D. posted:

You're just lucky that sourdough is really good.

Yes!

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

I don't think we're gonna get a 5-win division winner, but a 6-win is still plausible.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
i really wish they had all already played each other so they HAD to beat someone outside the division to win it

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Qwijib0 posted:

I don't think we're gonna get a 5-win division winner, but a 6-win is still plausible.

you're probably right but at least it's still in play

giants and WFT can lose out
eagles lose out but beat WFT
DAL only wins its last 2 (division games)

5-11 division winner dallas cowboys

edit: 5-11 not 5-8

pmchem fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Dec 1, 2020

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

pmchem posted:

you're probably right but at least it's still in play

giants and WFT can lose out
eagles lose out but beat WFT
DAL only wins its last 2 (division games)

5-8 division winner dallas cowboys

Don't you put that evil on me, ricky bobby.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
We’re gonna be let down and some NFC East team will eek out 8 wins.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Every tweet on that account is gold. I screen grabbed them all for when he deletes this today

https://twitter.com/EddyPLionsFan/status/1333615888138858497

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

eek! a mouse!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

here's the good stuff:

#1 seed Browns
5-11 Cowboys are in
two AFC East teams not named the Patriots are in
Detroit is in

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/mac...8~2~401220265~2

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That looks about right.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

kiimo posted:

Every tweet on that account is gold. I screen grabbed them all for when he deletes this today

https://twitter.com/EddyPLionsFan/status/1333615888138858497

Ahahahahahaha come on dude, literally nobody says this poo poo about coaches online, may as well have said how strong he is and how much women absolutely love having sex with him

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

pmchem posted:

here's the good stuff:

#1 seed Browns
5-11 Cowboys are in
two AFC East teams not named the Patriots are in
Detroit is in

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/mac...8~2~401220265~2

Projecting the Saints to go 2-3 down the stretch? I think Brees is coming back fairly soon

Edit: Green Bay is going to go 1-4 for the last 5 games? Detroit 5-0? What the gently caress is this projection?

As much as I like the idea of the Bucs not winning another game this season, they play the Falcons twice in the last 4 games

Oh I see the "playoff machine" is not like a 538-style projection, you just fed all this poo poo into it yourself.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Dec 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Really not looking forward to the Chiefs upcoming five game skid