Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

chapos been real good since the election

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Atrocious Joe posted:

every Chapo is working for a different US intelligence agency

Will - CIA
Felix - Chicago Police Department
Matt - DHS
Amber - FBI
Virgil - DEA

They're all Delta Green.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I saw amber frost with the devil!

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

"purple syrup heart" killed me

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

MonsieurChoc posted:

They're all Delta Green.

Will, Amber and Virgil are from The Program, Matt and Felix are Cowboys

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I'd never heard Neera speak before and holy poo poo that's the shrillest voice. Good ep, Amber killed it.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Atrocious Joe posted:

Will - CIA
Matt - DHS
Amber - FBI
Virgil - DEA

Virgil should do a Paranoia hack and have this be the next rpg episode.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i started the neera episode on a walk and im going to finish it as i do dishes and other chores around the house but man the chapo crew are way too online to express who the gently caress neera tandem is to me, a guy who isnt obsessed with twitter

like she gave a speech where she sounds like shes maybe on downers or just a bad speaker and then they paint the portrait after that. i just dont think it was good presentation from the get go. maybe my opinion will change when i finish the episode but like i dont think assuming everyone is an online twitter nerd is a great starting point. tell me a story about this person, then play the clips so i know the context.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Matt would be like lawrence fishbourne in deep cover (1992) while will is jeff goldblum

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Neera tanden was a big name clinton person who was riding high and gonna be on the road to dnc godking-hood but then trump won and she spent the next four years being the loudest no name on twitter.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
menaker's pronunciation of mario is loving disgusting im done what the gently caress

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Atrocious Joe posted:

Will - CIA
Matt - DHS
Amber - FBI
Virgil - DEA

Matt is the temporal agency, the vlogs are the result of too many jumps.

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

neera tanden is the “Libya should pay us back for invading them by giving us their oil” lady

just the biggest brained takes imaginable

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

cumshitter posted:

i started the neera episode on a walk and im going to finish it as i do dishes and other chores around the house but man the chapo crew are way too online to express who the gently caress neera tandem is to me, a guy who isnt obsessed with twitter

like she gave a speech where she sounds like shes maybe on downers or just a bad speaker and then they paint the portrait after that. i just dont think it was good presentation from the get go. maybe my opinion will change when i finish the episode but like i dont think assuming everyone is an online twitter nerd is a great starting point. tell me a story about this person, then play the clips so i know the context.
That's kind of the point: she's a big deal in the liberal nonprofit industrial complex, and all she apparently does is tweet all day. A lot of big nonprofits are just places for powerful people to park their relatives and minions in comfortable sinecures, and they get online brain poisoning because they're Very Important People who don't have a real job.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Goast posted:

menaker's pronunciation of mario is loving disgusting im done what the gently caress

THS
Sep 15, 2017

neera is part of the chapoverse and theyve talked about her plenty of times before. if they had to explain who rod dreher or the baseball crank were before every time they talked about them itd be tedious. hell you should just know who neera is from twitter embeds here. she comes up app them time thanks to the rampant misogyny in this forum

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i just remember her from the dnc emails lol.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

cumshitter posted:

https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/1333772227314118657

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

god drat he's good

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"
It's true that it can be tough to get to know these characters in media res, they just walk in for a scene and you're expected to remember who they were form four years ago or whatever.

Neera was lined up to be a big baddie a few seasons back as Clinton's Chief of Staff, but then an actress got pregnant or something and they had to to re-do the whole storyline which is why the show's been kinda manic and flailing since. They've just brought back the writers from 2016 so things should settle down again.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Goast posted:

"Do The Mario" but every instance of Mario is replaced with slowbeef Will saying Mario

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

oh, is he a "merry oh" person? absolute cia giveaway.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Doc Hawkins posted:

oh, is he a "merry oh" person? absolute cia giveaway.

I’ve only ever heard people from nyc do this

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

merry oh cwo mo

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Finally got to the intro of Lenin in Revolutions and can't help hearing his full name in Walter Sobcheck voice

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

a Loving Dog posted:

got a friend from south jersey / east philly and he says it the bad way with a twinkle in his eye. he knows what he's doing

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

i say swears online posted:

got a friend from south jersey / east philly and he says it the bad way with a twinkle in his eye. he knows what he's doing

Why would you remain friends with this person. Disgusting

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

i say swears online posted:

A friend and I refer to sprinkles as "jimmies" for a similar reason.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

cenotaph posted:

I'd never heard Neera speak before and holy poo poo that's the shrillest voice. Good ep, Amber killed it.

"Neera as drunk sorority alpha" is a terrific bit, and I'm so excited for her confirmation hearing.

a Loving Dog posted:

Yeah, at least a couple of the We Hate Movies guys do this. Makes me grind my Californian teeth.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

a Loving Dog posted:

nyc deserved 9/11

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

cenotaph posted:

Wait until you see video. RECENT video. I saw something from her on Bill Maher in like 2019 or something and she has NUCLEAR-WHITENED TEETH. Just disgusting.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Xaris posted:

nyc deserved 9/11

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

cenotaph posted:

A friend and I refer to sprinkles as "jimmies" for a similar reason.

i feel rustled

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
i should not be as surprised that Amber is apparently into better videogames than felix but there we go

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Dr. Killjoy posted:

i should not be as surprised that Amber is apparently into better videogames than felix but there we go

let me guess, starcraft and visual novels

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Dr. Killjoy posted:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

GG correct as usual

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Taintrunner posted:

The Renner Files: the true crime podcast about the rise and fall of Jeremy Renner's vanity smartphone app, has been out for a while, and it's legit loving incredible

this is a super fun and insane show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Bri also correct and having her tweet show up on fox which is catnip for morons.
https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1333818819823931393?s=19