Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

also
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qkktqchuji1s1ddrj.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

My customers auditors are demanding they do a physical inventory by the end of the year. As of the time of this post they have 52,900 packages with a total weight if 1,499,750# spread across 4 out of 9 buildings on site. This is typically an all day thing where they bring 12+ people, pair them up with one of our people, and then traipse merrily across the entire site.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/Astromarine/status/1332396738053804033

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:

donating the pittance cast aside as meaningless, on a whim, by their own profligate patrons

edit: I wonder if Disney just delivers a dumpster full of wet coins to the homeless shelter because they simply don't want to deal with it

snake and bake has issued a correction as of 22:45 on Nov 30, 2020

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Disney just wrote off $20k in tax for giving someone elses money to charity.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
"It would cost us more to sort it" - someone who got a bonus this year

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

if they’re taking a tax deduction I guess that means they accrued the coins as revenue, which makes sense but I never really thought about that before

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:
"Hey boss, maintenance wants to know what to do with all these coins they cleaned out of the fountain pumps"

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
They always gave the coins to charity.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ultimateforce posted:

They always gave the coins to charity.

Yeah this isn't in defense of Disney writ large, but that's absolutely true

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

my 91 year old granny was born there in 1929 heh

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

drink the covid coins

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Len posted:

My customers auditors are demanding they do a physical inventory by the end of the year. As of the time of this post they have 52,900 packages with a total weight if 1,499,750# spread across 4 out of 9 buildings on site. This is typically an all day thing where they bring 12+ people, pair them up with one of our people, and then traipse merrily across the entire site.

This is a normal requirement, though?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

3D Megadoodoo posted:

there’s a pandemic happening

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

indigi posted:

Maybe your legislators should have thought about what this means vis-à-vis auditing so the auditors could postpone it or something?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/justincousson/status/1333584163161714690

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

https://twitter.com/Charlie24239941/status/1333755344032587786

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

:confused:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I thought referring to himself as a peaceful customer was funny. Maybe I'm reaching.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Like the quiet threat there. "Peaceful" customers.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

a new study bible! posted:

I thought referring to himself as a peaceful customer was funny. Maybe I'm reaching.

It was pretty funny.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

a new study bible! posted:

Ah, I guess. I was expecting this to be a... IDK, thing? :)

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Most of the other customers that store at our warehouse are not doing a physical inventory this year specifically because

indigi posted:

They hope to only need to do a sample audit and send just one person but that's still up to the auditors that have to earn a paycheck somehow

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

It's also worth mentioning that the stock of playstations isn't actually advertised anywhere on the Target website. People are viewing Twitter or websites that claim to show backroom inventory and using it as justification to brigade retail employees in mobs.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Broke: wrecking a Target because Capitalism produces untenable living conditions

Woke: wrecking a Target for a PS5

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

also from my target experience the console nerds are just a few mad scalpers

the funko pop people however

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I can't find the tweet but someone posted that they had bought a big pile of PS5's and would scalp them and then within like an hour someone figured out their address, drove over, and robbed them for the principle of the thing or whatever. People were like "we somehow need to communicate to gamers that landlords are the ultimate scalpers and they can have all the PS5's they want if they take care of that problem"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Found by the Trump thread:

https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/status/1333760338848780288

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Come invest your gay money in The Walt Disney, we no longer disallow homosexual fast dancing!

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
between that and nasdaq demanding that there's some token representation on listed corporation's boards i guess we're going full Diversity Disaster Capitalism.

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Yeah last time that came up I dug up this fun header image:

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Shame Boy posted:

I can't find the tweet but someone posted that they had bought a big pile of PS5's and would scalp them and then within like an hour someone figured out their address, drove over, and robbed them for the principle of the thing or whatever. People were like "we somehow need to communicate to gamers that landlords are the ultimate scalpers and they can have all the PS5's they want if they take care of that problem"

https://twitter.com/BitchAssBowie/status/1331712633712553986

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

lol gamers lose their poo poo about scalping but everything else that's bad about capitalism is ok by them

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Cold on a Cob posted:

lol gamers lose their poo poo about scalping but everything else that's bad about capitalism is ok by them

Roms have been around for 20+ years and they still insist on paying $50 multiple times for the same loving 30-year old games

Like...why

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

i really love that dude who seemingly went to rob this guy went as far showing himself on gps ON THE WAY to the robbery

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

To me the really funny thing about the scalping is that a) the easiest way to punish the scalpers is to simply wait and go without the thing for a short period of time, and b) every time one of these consoles launches the first production runs are poo poo anyway and they break all of the time.

There probably aren't even any loving games for the thing right now.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

double negative posted:

i really love that dude who seemingly went to rob this guy went as far showing himself on gps ON THE WAY to the robbery

That's simultaneously something I wouldn't believe if anyone else did it and something I 100% believe a True Gamer would do

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

CommonShore posted:

There probably aren't even any loving games for the thing right now.

Hey man, you ever played Skyrim?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

PostNouveau posted:

Hey man, you ever played Skyrim?

Skyrim is so ubiquitous that I think that at this point that to set up a new device you need to ride on a wagon with the gagged Ulfric Stormcloak. Why?